Tfw current EU4 is so shit you have to actually imaginate your own EU4 that you play in your head

>Tfw current EU4 is so shit you have to actually imaginate your own EU4 that you play in your head...
Fucking swecucks you had one job and you ruined it.

For that tell me 5 things you would change for better in EU4.

just instal eu3 nigga hahahaha

is EU3 better?
I've only really played CK2 and found EU4 fucking boring. It's all just waiting to get enough points so you can click a button and watch a bar fill itself up.

>Chad being that big

>For that tell me 5 things you would change for better in EU4.
I would change one
Beat the shit out and fire ottoboos and islamoboos from the company, that made the game trash.

Play EU3 nigger, and go on a sudaca removal rampage.

What's shit about it? I feel like the AI quality changes with every patch, sometimes positively, sometimes negatively, the complexity is needlessly going up and up because they can't stop adding new features, often without testing them much beforehand and the DLC system is literally cancer but aside from that, I love the game

I have to agree, it feels very shallow, all you do is blob and blobbing is easy as fuck.
50 years into the game I'm all but done with my goals and the threats to me are trivial.
At the same time the blobing doesn't feel rewarding because you get gimped by antiblob mechanics.

Git gud an play Italy vs UK in hoi3

To answer the question
>remove the factions or whatever, they're dumb
>prevent OPMs from inflating their development too high (since they're small they can just pour all their points into one province)
>there needs to be a better method to ensure topographical sense in the game that (((wastelands)))
can't think of any more

sucks when you have 200 relations and a 100-year alliance with someone, then they are forced to break alliance in a peace treaty, instantly rival you, and ally your enemies.

nothing needs to be changed because its perfect for its needs, a grand strategy game more complex than anything else but at the same time more simple than any other grand strategy by paradox

I think that making movement between provinces follow more of real world logic would be nice.
Natural choke points have always been important in history, but mountains in the game just give you some defensive rolls.
Wastelands should be passable, but have 10%-50% attrition.

>eu4
Just play liqqy 2 lmao

it's SHIT

EU4 is superior, if you got problems with it you are one of the following
a, abuse mechanics that are silly and makes the game easy
b, play blob ez mode nations
c, brainlets who has their ass hurt when they blob into HRE

> grand strategy game more complex than anything else but at the same time more simple than any other grand strategy

That is quite a...
Paradox

EU2 > EU3 >EU4

the removal of historical events really fucked the game over in the third installment, and the new ugly 3D map that has only been made passable with #4 didn't help either. 4 has at least reintroduced historical events albeit in a less deterministic way, but it's utterly ruined by the mana points system.

remove Johan and his shitty DLC policy
nerf Ottos and Ming into oblivion
fix the forts
make colonization more interesting, don't know how though
change institution spread and spawn locations so that you won't get out-teched by ooga booga africans and enlightenment won't spawn in Kilwa or some stupid shit

if you want to micromanage and have a prospering empire you can do that, you can be the richest nation with trade without huge landmass

but you can also bruteforce and fight coalitions, kill stacks after stack of rebels, you have choices how you play

Ming is weak as fuck already
>make colonization more interesting
This, colonization right now is total nonsense with all of Latin America gaining whatever your primary culture is (which is bullshit)

>i dont understand a mechanic so please change it

Stellaris rulezzz

I understand how forts work but that doesn't make it a good design
maybe I should've written "change forts" though

do you guys have a Very Hard Ironman One Faith?

FUCK institutions. FUCK Corruption

what is wrong with them

There are people with 3000 hours in the game who don't understand how forts work. The blocking mechanics are retardedly complicated for no reason at all while making no logical sense whatsoever and also not being explained in game.

Also which fucking crackhead designed the religious wars system??? Protestant Prussia can't attack protestant Sachsen because they are in the Catholic league and are protected by fellow Catholic league member The Ottomans... uhm.. wat????

the religious wars were always a difficult thing because the AI is not capable of prioing it so they made a faction system with all of its disadvantages

you cant attack your ally, dont join a league unless you want to launch a world war, simple as

True anti-blob mechanics really fuck up the game.
>I'm AI France and i wont help my ally in defensive war because i have 500ducat debts!!!
>The whole Denmark, Hungary static rival. Teutonic Order or would be so OP with Hungary ally, or hey your the greatest nation of France and the first rival that you have is fucking Denmark
>Also as stated the factions are just pure shit even for the postives.

>let's make a feature that models the 30 years war in Germany
>make catholic/protestant factions completely independent from, you know... the country's actual religion
>fuck it, the Great Horde can join too
10/10
>you can attack your league ally but not the league opponent (unless they are in the same league as the emperor) and nobody in any league if you're not in one. This makes sense because the voices in my head won't stop telling me to fuck my cat
11/10 game design :D

>complaining about anti-blob mechanics
it's already so fucking easy to blob that if anything we need a shit ton more anti-blob mechanics

these are AI issues, codemonkeys not doing their job, not the fault of the system

tell that to historical france, catholic country against catholic habsburgs

you are just a brainlet as you proven

Thats what i told in beginning swecucks ruined it needless shit that shoulnd't be in the game first time.

What does that even mean and what does that have to do with anything I said at all?

>>make catholic/protestant factions completely independent from, you know... the country's actual religion
>make catholic/protestant factions completely independent from, you know... the country's actual religion

retard

that's a fundamental design flaw of EU4
The stronger you get, the easier the game becomes. All new patches do is to aritifically slow you down, with corruption and such. But once you survived 50 years, you basically won the game

EU4 was ruined when they changed the technology system and made those "innovation" centres or whatever they're called
A solution in need of a problem

And? France was the exception in that because they piggy-backed on the war. Still doesn't make a lot of sense for a Muslim nation in Eurasia to come to the defence of Protestant Saxony because they are both in the Catholic league.
Why are you so angry, Johann? You should enjoy your vacation!

This is a problem in all paradox games, sadly.

transylvania was mainly catholic and joined sweden
ottoman empire also supported the protestant league

know goddamn history

1. Seriously limit monarchy power. It shouldn't be possible to just lift any shithole region out of crushing poverty in a single fucking day. The population system should be brought back and then let the player indirectly affect that number though the use of monarch power.

2. Make war actually tangibly affect the country. If an entire enemy host is occupying and taking the resources of a region then it shouldn't be able to be just as prosperous as it were before the war a couple of months or years later.

3. Get rid of the bank that can just magically lend you money at a fixed nice rate. Where the fuck do all these ducats come from anyway? You should have to actually lend money from actually countries. That would create excellent ways for big countries to indirect exert their power and achieve their goals without even having to shed blood. Additionally it would create a very interesting dynamic as you'd be able to declare war on your lender and not have to give any money back. There's plenty of historical precedence for this as well, Sweden for instance borrowed a lot of money by German city states and then BTFO them when the payment came due.

Additionally, this would get rid of the money lending bankruptcy jujitsu you can use right now to very temporarily amass incredible amount of forces. Enough for instance to beat Turkey as the Byzantine Empire.

4. Try to reign in blobbing. The game will fuck you over so hard if you try to do anything else later on and it's just not fun.

5. Get rid of contrived conflicts. Why the fuck do I have to pick a rival? Why do I have to pick many just because I'm more powerful than my neighbors? I get that it's to have something actually happen. The problem is that that's just the symptom of much deeper problem, so this is nothing more than a band-aid solution to the poor AI.

I dont think this is necessary true for CK2. Since that game mostly simulates the struggle within a realm, the bigger you get, the more difficult it becomes to manage your empire

Institutions make sense, if you consider what the goal is, they want to have Europe have an advantage without having to hard code it.

Remove "luck" and change it for something else, I get that it's useful for keeping things relatively historical but it gives way too much of an advantage and unless you're already a world power then alliances with a lucky nation are pretty much mandatory, not only that but it fucks up trade for no reason, grants way too much free mana and makes succession wars rare when in reality they happened all the fucking time. It doesn't help that almost every lucky nation has a great start with great traditions/ideas to begin with, and reach retarded status when they also have fantastic events and modifiers like Russia or the Ottomans.
Balance the Mandate of Heaven, the Ming never fucking lose it and its completely broken.
Tone down Institution spread or just remove it, most of the time oriental nations are completely caught up technologically.
Make navies useful instead of throwing in stupid shit like sailors.
Make estates less random and give people the option of playing with or without them.

Also the randomness in this game, usually caused by bugs is ridiculous:
>Ask Russia to attack Austria with me
NO WAY! Distant war -1000!!! (despite that kind of distance historically not being a problem)
>Ask again a few months later with no border changes
Sure! Distant war? What's that?

Or:
> has stopped being a valid rival for no reason
>You don't have enough rivals!
>Wait half a year
>Don't worry about it, you don't need more than one rival

but it let backwater shitholes develop way too easily
though ill be honest and say i havent played ever since the month the instituions came out so im unsure if they have made it more balanced

I like the cincept of EU4 but I absolutely HATE the way battles work. The player has very little control over the way the fight goes and all that you can do is just sit there and watch the fucking dice roll.
I wish there was a grand strategy game set in the ancient age with a better combat system than EU4.

2 is addressed with prosperity, you can demolish regions

3 what are fuggers and alike

4 not true, you can play as world bolice

5. you dont have to pick a rival, are you the retard who is going to rival france if hes your ally and thats your only option offered?

concept*

theres a project that lets you play the battles in a total war game, not sure which

you do have control, if you know the rules, dice rolls matter very little

Prosperity does fuck all though.
>oh boy 10% cheaper development

Have they done something new since the "russia patch"?

2, 3. Not sufficient.

4. Can is not the same as it actually being viable or efficient. Because it's fucking not.

5. You don't HAVE to, but you are very much encouraged to do so and the AI will always do so. Doesn't matter if you have 200 relationship with them, if you're their only rivalry option they will rival you. Not to mention you bleed power projection like a stuck pig if you don't pick a rival for long enough. It's not like I wanted +1 to all monarchy powers, an additional leader without upkeep and [up to] +10% army morale anyway.

>Doesn't matter if you have 200 relationship with them, if you're their only rivalry option they will rival you
This has annoyed the heck out of me.

>2. Make war actually tangibly affect the country. If an entire enemy host is occupying and taking the resources of a region then it shouldn't be able to be just as prosperous as it were before the war a couple of months or years later.
You have devastation now. It does exactly what you seem to want.

Thats your own fault if you bring yourself into a position where you are the only viable rival for your ally. Think ahead!

I've never had any trouble keeping together my realm, the only thing that might (and usually does) go badly is that the heir in question is shit.

this is not true
they will rival you if they have interest in their lands

i managed to deter russia completely off from sweden, eventhough i was the only option for them, and done so multiple playthroughs

again, its an AI issue and lack of knowledge in mechanic

pro tip: relations arent the only thing weightened what the AI considers, its badly documentated and not explained but again, thats not a system failure

If you blob then you don't have a choice. You say thinking ahead, and by that you mean "stay small and insignificant"?

not sufficient? you can keep entire regions piss poor by occupation and it will never recover if you declare war again when truce expires, let alone LEL NO CB

No it fucking doesn't. You can still pump monarchy points into a region and POOF, all devastation is gone. It doesn't matter if the region was fought over, looted and had scorched earth used on it multiple times over a period of 10 years let's say. It's all magically fixed over night as though nothing bad had ever happened.

The population system was a lot better and far more realistic.

give land to their neighbour, conspire against opponents, theyll be busy hating them not you

you can paint the entire map whatever you like, theres a reason its called mappainting simulator, use more colors

Only because of the levies. If they didn't exist (or even better, were commanded by generals who behaved like mercenary leaders and could rebel against you) holding a huge empire with multiple kingdoms would be a real struggle

The ruler personality matters as do other things but let's be honest, if you're a big blob and neighbouring your big blob ally they will rival you eventually, if you're not neighbouring them they probably won't.

If you keep on blobbing, your allies will naturally turn against you, especially when you border them. It works as intended, I would say

Well money is also extremely easy to amass once you're at least king level, so even if you lose a big battle every few wars, you can just hire 2-3 mercenary companies and slaughter their army. Not to mention retinues, in my Rome game they sized in the tens of thousands.

I think the point I am trying to make that while CK2 is not perfect, its mechanics allow a big realm to be challenging.
While in EU4, the fundamental game design goes against it. There is no simulation of internal struggle, being bigger is always better, so the longer you play, the easier the game becomes

no, your army matters, your navy matters, your allies matter, their interest in land matters, your tech matters,your diplorep matters, government matters, religion matters

how often you load the game matters, because the AI recalculates it every time (a major issue and yet another codemonkey problem)

theyll even drop you if they consider you too strong

>Ottomans has announced (You) as their new rival.

Just ally Poland or France and wreck their shit

>boland
might as well be called russia food in this patch

The only times I see them get rekt is when they don't go for the , so basically never

For the PU*

is known poccия is stronkest

want colony but no colonist or money? why worry?
prussia soldier stronk? why worry?
want war but no casus belli? why worry?

What does Russia get for cb beside claiming entire regions?

>start game as a medium-small nation
>by 1600 I'm invicible
>delete save

Play on a higher difficulty..?

Sounds like you tend to start as something you know will grow into a monster really quickly. Try to start as someone that will have a really tough time, and set higher goals for yourself. For example, if you want to paint the roman empire borders, try doing it as ferrara or something instead of using venice or spain or whatever.

And get blatantly cheating AI? Artificial difficulty a shit.

>playing autism simulator
You invited it upon yourself, loser.