Why didn't he just walk along the river after he couldn't cross anymore?

Why didn't he just walk along the river after he couldn't cross anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/books/page-turner/chris-mccandless-died-update
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why didn't he just build a raft?

>Gosh, dad, stop giving me free stuff! Only nature can understand me
>*dies*
What did he mean by this

He wasn't that smart after all.

You're a skinny guy

Translation: "I'm a white male."

why did he die literally 20 mins walk from people having picnics and camping out with their kids?

Poetry

I liked this movie. People are too extreme in either way when assessing it imo. Its either

>OMG FUCKING RETARD PRETENTIOUS IDIOT
or
>HE WAS RIGHT MUDDA NATURE IS BETTER THAN LE MATERIALISM

Its a good movie makes both points and lets the audience decide what they think about it.

How did he catch AIDS in the wilderness?

He was raped by a monkey

Do women like this kind of body?

asking for a friend

Stop getting all the dubs for yourself fucking homosex

He really did have a nearby crossing he could have found, he really failed. It's still a good movie but he was a terrible survivalist.

yes

There was a rope bucket crossing thingy not too far from him and also a cabin but the cabin has been ransacked and they think it was him.

He wanted to die.

Why did they cast him in Iron Fist?

That is a fucking weird body
No core at all

he was eating poisonous seeds that were mislabeled in his guide book as OK for human consumption. The seeds had some adverse effect on his body where he could nt function properly anymore so he would have been able to walk along the river

Why didn't he stay in that one place and fuck Kirsten Stewart?

no he ate the seeds after he got back from the river

literally this

Why didn't he walk along the river looking for another way to cross? Why did go to the same spot, see that the water was now too dangerous to cross, and say "well I guess I'm stuck here" without bothering to look for another way across?

he wasn't very smart but he wasn't gay

That's where it all went wrong

>makes both points
>MUDDA NATURE IS BETTER THAN LE MATERIALISM

The point it was making was being around other people is when he felt most alive, and the friendships he made with them were the biggest contributor to his happiness. Being alone surrounded by wilderness was shit.

>I'm a white "liberal" male.

im going on my knowledge from the book. I cant remember the movie that well.

Heres an article by the authour investigating the death if your intrested

newyorker.com/books/page-turner/chris-mccandless-died-update

But aren't either of those two assessments just the audience carrying out what the film allowed them to do?

That's most likely bullshit made up by Krakauer. I read that he probably starved to death.

Makes sense. If he were a Negro his father wouldn't be around to give him anything the first place.

why do humans drown when you can just float on your back?

he's supposed to be literally starving