Is refusing to claim there is a God just being content with ignorance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea#Philosophical_skepticism
youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0
imdb.com/title/tt1058017/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For those unfamiliar with Weak Atheism

bump

>implying it's bad to not make shit up and claim it's truth
No, OP, you're right, there is a god. Here she is in a picture of her.

>frogposter makes another thread

>>implying it's bad to not make shit up and claim it's truth

We literally do it all the time. They're called axioms

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea#Philosophical_skepticism

Academic scepticism for example is a faith-based belief and attitude

I'm agnostic but I sometimes wish I was religious.

Christians have good morals. My grandparents were Christian. They were good people. They had a traditional family, three children. Proper values. I want that for myself, and for my family if I ever have one.

which is why its total crap and nobody with half a brain takes it seriously, just like the idea of god

Kek has done more for me than any other faith.

>I want that for myself, and for my family if I ever have one.
hey, good news, you can. you dont have to be religious you fucking idiot

Jesus was a real man documented in history, fulfilled prophecy, healed the sick, and rose from the dead and then appeared to thousands. You can believe all this is made up but it's a stretch. Never mind all the history of the old testament, the guidance to wash hands in running water before germ theory exist, etc.

>*your
>then you'd also be a Weak Agnostic* as well
> as opposed to claiming God can't* be known

Sorry for the grammar mistakes. I'll delete and repost that as soon as possible

Apparently you do though, as you proved.

You can do it user! First replace your academic scepticism with Pyrrhonian scepticism (see here ) and then you'd also be a Weak Agnostic as well (not claiming to know that God cannot be known - as opposed to claiming God can't be known (Strong Agnosticism))

And then read the Gospel. If that does nothing then you're simply not ready to have faith in Christ yet

There we go

Burden of proof is on the religious. To claim either is ignorant. As of this moment in time we cannot prove we are not living in a holographic universe- a computer simulation. In fact there is strong evidence supporting that we are.

The burden of proof is both on the claim "God exists" and on the claim "God doesn't exist"

It doesn't lie on the Weak Atheists ("I do not claim that God exists") who are the main topic of this thread. See

My mum was visited by her deceased grandfather while she was in a scanning machine. He told her it would be ok. She is convinced it was him. I believe her. I want it to be true.

That's so sad user

The burden of proof cannot be on secular people because they were not prophets, they did not spread the word of god to anyone. Burning heretics to death is not how you convince people god exists.

The burden of proof is a set principle of informal logic

It depends not on the moral character of any one person

Claiming to have knowledge of a"god" is ignorance in your case since I'm pretty sure you have no gnosis.

> I'm pretty sure you have no gnosis.

I may have no gnosis but claiming there can be no gnosis of God is exactly as ignorant

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea#Philosophical_skepticism
we literally wuz kings.

Come on, theres no need to generilize. dank bantz otherwise.

Jesus' existence was never reliably documented and his story was plagiarized anyway

>its a Britfag frogposter gets in to semantic and reductionist drivel and pretends he isn't literally defending basing his life around a Roman myth as if it's true episode

>it's a random atheist pretending that God is not real episode

Anybody have the none thumbnail version of this pic?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0

I've never heard that claim honestly made except as clear shorthand for "there is presently no reason to believe that knowledge of God is possible and therefore no basis for crediting claims to it."

>Scientism in (((mainstream))) ((((((television)))))))

No surprise there

>there is presently no reason to believe that knowledge of God is possible and therefore no basis for crediting claims to it.

That's an Argument from Ignorance: Absence of Evidence =! Evidence of Absence

>in this moment I am euphoric. Not because of any phony science, but because I am enlightened by my faith to the true master of the universe, Lord Yahweh, protector of Yisrael and the twelve tribes

It's not an argument, it's simply a statement of the most rational approach to unsubstantiated assertions - prove it, and until you do, stfu and gtfo. You don't seem to give credence to the weirdos who think that they can make their waifu "real" as a "tulpa" and they have precisely as much evidence to support their assertions.

>I simply cannot believe that its 2016 years after the birth of our lord Yeshua Christ, and people still deny his divinity. Its almost as if they never even read the ancient Judaic texts that specifically confirm his divinity. I swear to Yahweh, if I wasn't living in this athiest ruled society today I would go all deus vault on these heathens

A fucking bong.

>I am always amused when athiest are trying to deny god. They all get so mad and start babbling about big explosions and other phony stuff. I simply keep calm and repeat them my favourite bible quote. This immediately shuts them down and makes them mad. I converted 23 athiest so far with my intellectual power

>It's not an argument, it's simply a statement of the most rational approach to unsubstantiated assertions

It's an appeal to ignorance. Saying that the lack of evidence is evidence of it lacking

>You don't seem to give credence to the weirdos who think that they can make their waifu "real" as a "tulpa" and they have precisely as much evidence to support their assertions.

I'm not saying God is demonstrably real. I'm saying it's logically possible for Him to exist

And logically stupid and absurd to discount Him for lack of evidence

>look all these sad atheists, desperately trying to find truth in human made stuff like science that is constantly changing. Meanwhile I have achieved the highest possible enlightenment by simply reading the ancient and sacred Hebrew texts that remained unchanged throughout times, I am ready to face any challenge in this world while at the same time I am in a constant state of euphoria, due to my closer proximity to the divine

Greetings fellow tripm8

So are you just going to post pepe-neutral faces about atheism every 4 hours or what

>Just as I expected, all the athiest retreated to their holes, no one has the guts to argue with me. Just so you know, I am extensively well read In the Torah, New testament and all the apocrypha texts. I also memorized all the Chronicles from the Old testament in the original Hebrew. I would like to see an """"educated"""" atheist try to argue with me

If you watch this movie you will know exactly why people "believe" in God.

imdb.com/title/tt1058017/

I know it's hard to understand not having had ANY fucking hardship in your entire sheltered lives, but some people get strength from faith.

Freedom of speech bitch

Flag rare

>athiest are simply incapable of grasping the highest form of divine intellectualism that it takes to be religious. G-d is the most complex concept in the world, only the most intellectually elite are able to comprehend what it takes to believe in god. I feel sorry for these unenlightened athiest that eventually become depressed from their ignorance of G-d

here we go

>watching (((tv films)))

>been altar boy for 4 years
>studied scripture the entire time
>desperately want to be religious again
>can't lie to myself enough to make it happen

I hate faggots like OP who act like their is anything to gain out of being atheist. All it gives you is anxiety.

>ever notice how all athiest are communist, degenerate, jews, gay and refugee lovers? I ofcourse I am a conservative capitalist that hates gays, jews and refugees so Yahweh must be real

>make up shit
>pretend it's real
>people who don't believe in my made up shit are ignorant

Okay.

Exact asta fac si ateii

>make up shit (God doesn't exist)
>pretend it's fact
>people who don't believe in my made up shit are ignorant

>I mean seriously, how can you not believe in g-d? you never watched a sunrise or see some other stuff in nature?

I had a similar experience when I fell asleep last night. I believe they're called "hallucinations" or "dreams". Very spiritual.

As much as it is for tulpa waifu generation. Or any number of mutually exclusive religions. Yet you don't live your life as though all were true and would not burden yourself in ways that those who believe in them tell you that you must, lest [ ]. It is not stupid or absurd to decline to take action purported to be necessary on the basis of unsubstantiated assertions.

>refusing to take in media because you think your Sup Forums buddies will think you're a degenerate

Grow a fucking spine you god damn piece of shit.

>what it takes for a meme to come full circle

>I pray to unicorns
>I'm right
>fuck u atheist fag prove there are no unicorns

>I mean come on! Bananas are perfectly shaped for the human hand! It's obvious G-d exists because everything is perfect for us.

>Yet you don't live your life as though all were true and would not burden yourself in ways that those who believe in them tell you that you must, lest [ ].

Because I have already accepted my faith and my faith is mutually exclusive to all others

>It is not stupid or absurd to decline to take action purported to be necessary on the basis of unsubstantiated assertions

There are no such "necessary actions" in logic. Only by your personal choice and pragmatism

Unicorns is a lot more trivial belief than the belief in God

>People who don't make shit up and claim it is the truth are the ignorant ones
Goddamn you're dumb

>I always laugh when athiest try to disprove g-d. They usually use stuff like biology, cosmology, physics, history and logic to disprove g-d. I simply keep calm and tell them that g-d is beyond those things and can't be used to disprove him. The athiest immediately gets confused and admits defeat

I'm sorry mate. Films make me fill sick now that I know where most of their ideology comes from

divide and conquer
send atheists to ancestor worship for now, they will believe they had grandparents and their grandparents also had grandparents.
we will deal with public sphere/private sphere issues later

everyone who disagrees with this priority adjustment is a loxist, commy, or a tard, lurkers study their dialectic so you grow immune.

the globalists are the enemy, keep your eyes fixed and you will see them on both sides of every divide and conquer argument.

Pretending that "God doesn't exist" is fact is just as made-up

yes because athiests are aspie fucks irl and make very few friends

feel* sick

Yeah you're sick alright. Seek help.

Thank you for caring

no, there are over 50,000 to choose from

If you want me to, ill put them all on ballot and into a very large hat. Then pick out one and say its the TRUE one

personally hoping for either Khorne or Prometheus

i used to be an atheist. a real cringy one. now i have a gf and a job and i realize that god is a way for one's race and culture to further their interests. its a vehicle. dont take it literally. only the dumbest people take god literally.

>ill put them all into a very large hat

That's a very cute thing to say

I don't know. Tell me about it when your ban expires.

It's just as dumb to presume God doesn't exist mate

>I always laugh when athiest and christian make debates. they are both equally dumb and stupid. Meanwhile I have adopted the superior ideology of Agnosticism© which makes me always correct

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule

Similar story from an user from a Mormon family.

My father was going through depression and so my mother prayed, asking God to help him. That night, my mother woke up and saw her dead son/my younger brother as an angel giving my dad a blessing. My grandma also has similar stories, where she has seen deceased relatives as angels.

I really don't want to think my family is insane, but I can't help but think so. Is it possible there is some truth to this kind of stuff?

It's definitely possible. Whether it indeed had happened, one may never know

Faith has nothing to do with knowledge