What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12mfK3kYqtI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmmh8f1AAyY
youtube.com/watch?v=5sD84ovwaxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Solid B movie. While I wish there had been more fights, I recognize that they would have slowed the story. Should have had a bulk and skull cameo.

Loved it. Healthy dose of cheese, lots of humour, some teenage coming of age drama, and the final fight was pretty good. For once there's a lot more focus on the individual Zords instead of just skipping straight to the Megazord.
Also nice symbolism. The Zords are based on the most powerful creatures on the planet at the time. 65 million years ago they were dinosaurs. When the new Megazord forms, it's a human.

Wish the other rangers would've also used their weapons, not just Jason. I also would've made their helmets a bit more different.

Yellow is still best ranger.

>For once there's a lot more focus on the individual Zords instead of just skipping straight to the Megazord.
Well the first movie gave the individual zords time to shine as well.

>jumping scene
>campfire scene
>"No one dies alone."

First hour or so, up to the climax was a 7/10 movie.

The climax itself was a 9/10 movie.

Goldar getting suplexed was a 9.5/10 movie

Rita Repulsa getting fucking slapped into space was 11/10 greatest movie of all time

"weird right?"

Does Rota say "AHHH after 10 thousand years I'm free" or "I GOT A HEADACHE!!!"

first 2 acts are amazing.

then they morph and it becomes generic hero movie.

If they make a sequel it's only going to get worse since they will be established with powers.

She says "MAKE MY MONSTER GROW"

>implying the part with the theme song wasn't fucking great

I did hate how they never really got to explore their new powers past the cliff jumping scene. Seems everything was all training after that.
I also hated that we didn't get any Power Rangers until the goddamn end of the movie, this is one reason among many that the Turbo Movie was so awful. They could've transformed during the campfire, during the first Rita fight, or go Chronicle with this movie and have them slowly unlock bits of their suit as they explore their own powers and get closer as friends. As such the ending was rushed to fuck.

It seems the absolute best of the 5 were condensed into that one campfire scene.

It's an origin story movie, you can't have that without the origin story. There's 5 more movies planned in which they can cram more action.

I assume the bully that gets bitch slapped is Bulk or Skull. I don't remember if his name is shown in the film.

Ed Sheeran

Turbo was objectively better than the original movie.

It's great. The actors were good and had real chemistry, the action when they got to it was great, and it was just campy enough to work.

Also Elizabeth Banks will always make my monster grow, if you take my meaning.

>80% of the film was them in a cruise
>objectively better

In Space adaptation when?

Well they have to do Zedd next, then they might do Turbo. So it'll be a while.

Are JDF and ASJ friends again?

Not really, they just put all their shit behind them.

Clearly faking it for the cameras.

They still hate each other.

>What's the verdict?

A decent flick, if you are ten years old.

If not, you are better off nostalgia tripping to reruns of the series

Is there a lot of liberal propaganda pandering in this? Articles keep making a big deal out of one of the rangers being gay or some shit like that.

>Is there a lot of liberal propaganda pandering in this? Articles keep making a big deal out of one of the rangers being gay or some shit like that.

the fact that they are making a big deal about it is fucking retarded. It's literally just one throwaway line where they ask, "Girlfriend trouble" and it's never brought up again.

So sad that Billy looks like one of the producers now.

Not really. It's actually quite Breakfast Club-y.

There's one small line alluding to Trini being either gay or bisexual and that's it. There's more references to Billy being autistic which actually works for the movie.

Is there a roll call?

The only pandering is they made the black guy the blue ranger and a nerd to avoid the backlash if they made him the black ranger.

It's liberal Krispy Kreme propaganda.

Krispy Kreme

Way better than it had any right to be. Not perfect, but far from shit. The cast, for a bunch of no-names, did a surprisingly great job.

He looks like AIDS Michael Douglas

The Power Ranger parts felt rushed. They should've thrown another bad guy with Rita as her second in command so we could get more action with the Rangers fighting, along with them giving some throwbacks to the old series (sparks flying out when someone is hurt, rangers facing the camera while badguy explodes in the background)

Also the Megazord sequence was shit. There was no buildup to it or how they figured out how to merge their Zords together which could've also been the best time to play the Mighty Morphin theme to high up the Megazord. Again I found it dissapointing how it didn't end with Goldar exploding and the Megazord looking at the camera. Also it was ironic that they made fun of Bayformers in the movie but the Megazord looked like it was a Bayformer.

Billy was the best Ranger.

>MAKE MY NIGGAS GROOOW!

*blocks your path*

Kino

I loved that his autism made him take all of Jason's sarcasm literally.

www.cbr.com/power-rangers-female-green-ranger/

Will JDF and his fans have a meltdown?

Not really.

Aside from JDF being an utter douchebag to Austin St. John, there's nothing about his behavior suggesting that he'd hate the idea of a female Green Ranger.

I don't think they were ever friends tho.

Didn't JDF pull an Urkel and steal his campy show from right under his nose because of the Green Ranger's popularity?

>What's the verdict?

A long and expensive advert for Krispy Kreme donuts.

Seriously, the Papa Johns and Pringles product placement in the shitty Ghostbusters reboot was subtle by comparison.

the only way this would be worse is having the green ranger be a muslim woman

Nah. JDF is really the only cast member who has embraced his Power Rangers legacy. I think he's just happy that people are still talking about Tommy, 25 years later.

I was never into Power Rangers but I saw it with some friends last night for something to do.
I thought the first act was pretty good but I wish more time was spent in their school, I'm pretty sure there were just 2 school scenes in the entire movie?
I thought the second act was fine, but more action would have been good.
Third act turned into a total shitfest and I couldn't stop myself from yawning.
Overall it was a very 2017esque version of a property that I had no interest in. It had some stupid edgy jokes that the audience I saw it with absolutely loved. If you're dumb you'll probably love it. 6/10

A surprisingly solid movie. The actors were great, the story was entertaining, the soundtrack was nice hearing GO GO POWER RANGERS in the first Zord action scene was hype as fuck. The only complaint from me - not enough in-suit action.

I kind of get the feeling the product placement was over the top because the writers/director weren't too happy about it, but had no choice, so they resolved to make it as ludicrous as possible.

Is that Guy Fieri?

They called the name Tommy Oliver, what if it's a FtM asexual tranny?

I mean they could grab the tranny that they had in the most recent season of shameless, I doubt it is really gonna be demanding top dollar since it was one of the worst characters ever on shameless.

Or they could have Walter Jr from breaking bad as Tommy, then have zordon constantly offering him breakfast and Dodge Challengers.

>Female green
Shit, I guess that makes sense if Rita was the original Green in this movie.

Guessing they might try to push Lesbian yellow even further and try to put them in a relationship simultaneously giving Trini's character something to do other than just being there AND letting the franchise get brownie points for having a gay couple on screen.

It sucks but I can totally see this happening.

Does the movie have a Green Ranger-Jason cameo?

deedee fucking thicc

Yes.

Fucking sucked. Alpha sucked. Rita repulsa sucked. The costumes sucked. Fuck it. I'm glad I wageslave at a theater and got to see this piece of shit for free.

They really needed more Zach. He's a good actor and a good character but he felt really sidelined.

Jason turns up as a random resident in a crowd shot at the end, along with another ranger. The mid-credit scene teases the Green Ranger

Apparently it's doing a lot better than originally expected in the box-office and performing well with kids.

i cant wait until theres a good copy of the movie
to make webms of all the thiccness
both yellow and pink

>it's a fun cheesy action movie with pretty good character development
>Sup Forums hates it

In other news, water is wet and you're a fucking faggot.

>A long and expensive advert for Krispy Kreme donuts.

Worth it judging by the box office results.

The costumes and zords were truly horrible. They all just look like a generic bay-transformers blob of cgi metal and plastic

So what are we looking forward to with sequels?

>Zedd next movie.
>Rita and Zedd team up after that.
>Machine Empire/Zeo
>Turbo
>In Space

Or will they just keep doing MMPR for the rest of the series?

The movie did a good job fleshing out who the power rangers are and why the powers of evil are so interested in it. Also who Zordon is and why the Zords are dinosaurs, etc. Morphing became like going Super Saiyan, it takes a lot of work to achieve it. Rita being backhanded into space and floating towards the moon, and the guy calling Tommy's name in detention after the credits was a nice touch. Rita was good but they still called her "Repulsa" which made no sense since she was a former good guy. Calling the rock elementals "putties" or w/e also sounded silly. Rita simply falling into the sea and sitting on the ocean floor for 65 million years really didn't make sense. Zordon's last move should have been to imprison her in a crystal or something, which shatters when the power coins are reclaimed and activated. Rita eating gold didn't make sense either. The whole "others will come" sets up some fun sequels. Too bad only Jason had a weapon, all of them should have had a weapon. Also they don't teleport? Seems like there should have been a final scene where Billy fixes the ship's teleporter. I am a grown man and I just wrote all of that.

KINO
I
N
O

He also had the most intense backstory. The part where he talked about his mom made me cry like a fag.

Confirmed.

Says the faggot that calls movies "fun" go back Reddit letter media faggot

I am 100% convinced that the Krispy Kreme product placement had to be some kind of attempt to get people to meme with it, giving it longevity until the next installment.

There's no way this wasn't on purpose, mentioning Krispy Kreme THAT many times and even pausing your climax so the main villain can eat a Krispy Kreme donut says they HAD to realise just how rediculous it was and just went full ham with it.

>Trini doing yoga to death metal

MUH DIKK

>waaaaah mummy he used a bad word

If you died right now, nobody would notice. Just saying.

>Aside from JDF being an utter douchebag to Austin St. John
what did he do

>I am 100% convinced that the Krispy Kreme product placement had to be some kind of attempt to get people to meme with it, giving it longevity until the next installment.

If so, then it's brilliant.

>I am a grown man

You don't sound like one ya manchild

The whole camp fire scene was really good. They did a better job of making them friends and feel really close then the show ever did.

They probably got a good advertisement deal and rather than try to force the brand unironically like MAN OF STEEL with Ihop they made a joke out of it in-universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=12mfK3kYqtI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmmh8f1AAyY

>pausing your climax so the main villain can eat a Krispy Kreme donut

What the fuck, Rita actually does that in the movie?

>to faggy metalcore

Fix'd

AAAH AFTER 10000 YEARS IM FINALLY FREE

>tfw mah boy Jason is gonna get cucked out of the leadership and that sweet Kimberly puss by Tommy in the sequel

I dread that they'll really Twilight their love triangle up.

>again

I always got the impression that Jason and Kimberly wasn't a thing, but Jason and Trini were.

Tommy will just be the villain until the end when Jason turns him good

Jason was better than Tommy.

Austin is better than Jason. Austin got on with his life and did a great many things, is a top human being, became a soldier and paramedic, then drives around on his harley davidson being a bad ass these days.

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=5sD84ovwaxk

The show was kinda' bad at romance, but I remember Jason & Kimberly and Zack & Trini were the implied couples while Billy was forever alone.

The movies does hint at Jason and Kimberly, though. They even had a kiss scene that got cut.

My favorite bad movie next to The Room, tbhs.

this made me laugh

Tell that to the original Trini

It's actually green, pink, and red. You probably didn't recognize Jason because he got fat as hell.

Also the Dragonzord is teased in the apocalyptic future vision.

Is that the guy from Agents of Shield over Tommy's shoulder?

dope shit

Oh fuck. Really?

That's kinda sad really.

>Jason and Kimberly scuba dive in the Turbo Movie
>zero chemistry, nothing happened there

My memory is vague but the impression I got is that there was no romance between the two. They don't even have chemistry anyway, so it's for the best.

I wonder if it'll be successful enough to earn a sequel. I'd like to see where this is going.