Viggo Mortensen, Danish actor. He speaks fluent English, Danish, and Spanish, is conversational in French and Italian...

>Viggo Mortensen, Danish actor. He speaks fluent English, Danish, and Spanish, is conversational in French and Italian, and understands Norwegian and Swedish. And also has some knowledge of Catalan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gn4d-UqPVN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How can you grow up speaking Danish but can't speak Swedish, Norwegian, or Finmeme

tfw I know 3 languages and partially a 4th, but I learned them as a kid and now I can't learn any new languages.

I want to learn Russian and French at least.

'Merica is numba 1

I'm trying to learn Russian right now.

>viggo as captain jack would've been kino
>you got all those terrible flicks

>learning Russian
Are you by any chance one of the /po/shits who fell for Putin's propaganda?

I tried for a bit. It's so fucky, and that was just spoken Russian. I can't even think about learning the alphabet and reading that shit. Should get myself thrown into a gulag for a couple years and be forced to learn it or some shit.

He understands Norwegian and Swedish, just doesn't speak them due to national pride and arrogance. Finnish is a moon language so it doesn't count.

No, I want to learn it to read Russian literature.

finnish is completely separate from the scandinavian languages and even those have somewhat different vocabularies which makes it hard to speak all of them but relatively easy to understand for someone who knows one of them

>knowing all those languages.
>still has to speak English and come to USA to beg for money.

all those languages didn't help now did they.

>spending tens of thousands of hours learning a language so that you can read 10 books

His Danish isn't really fluent to be aich. He speaks it with an accent.

He's American, dipshit.

>and understands Norwegian and Swedish.

Dane here, we always say that we understand Norwegian and Swedish, but in reality why don't understand shit.

>Danish actor
>Born: October 20, 1958 (age 58 years), Manhattan, New York City, NY

The Cyrillic alphabet takes less than a day to learn and understand.

It's worth it to me.

Norwegian, Danish and Swedish aren't real languages, just dialects of the same language.

A language is just a dialect with an army behind it.

>how can you grow up speaking english but can't speak welsh or gaelic
>how can you grow up speaking spanish but can't speak portugese

because there's often animosity between neighbouring, similar countries when it comes to language

well, he is a trilingual millionaire world wide recognised actor whereas you are a complete nobody neet on Sup Forums posting in a saturday morning

Really makes you think

Nigga if you speak Russian finding a job should be a piece of cake depending where you live.

I'm already employed.

Not by the Russian mob.

>if you speak Russian finding a job should be a piece of cake
lol what? Every country in Europe and America is filled with Russian immigrants. Russian is not some rare language in demand.

Bet you have a gf as well, fucking faggot.

Nope, never had one.

There are no female engineers. We all just pop out of the ground.

>filled
lmao
sure
why no one is panicking then?

Except that wasn't his point, retard. His point was that, despite all those qualifications, he still had to come to and work in America to find success.

>doesnt speak Finnish

wtf i dont love Viggo anymore

You're an idiot.There are more than enough Russians in the West, no employer will give a fuck some random native speaks it.

>How can you grow up speaking Danish but can't speak Swedish, Norwegian

I'm norwegian myself and i have a hard time understanding Danish, but i understand swedish

The fuck? That's not a language, that's just a bunch of letters.

Why not just read Constance Garnett translations?

What has Putin being saying to the papercraft & origami-loving demographic?

Perkele Perkele

fingols are literally only good for some retarted int memes
no literature, no televison/films, nothing worthiwile learning their asiatic language

He speaks french pretty good, at least according to this movie.

Because a translation is never the same thing as the original. It's like dubbed vs subbed, even subtitles sometime change the dialogue, in subtle yet meaninfull way

A lot is lost in translation. They deserve to be read as the author wrote them.

Start learning

That Russia is a white Christian nation with no decadency and the last bastion for Aryans.

Talvisota, puukko, Renny Harlin, Sibelius, perkele, Ă„ngri Birds, spudro, marimekko ja Nokia.

Again, spending years of your life so that you're able to read several classical fictional novels in their original language is retarded as fuck. And no, you're not missing some super deep meaning lost in translation.

Of course, but if he wants to, why are you trying to stop him ? He's not losing anything, especially if he spends time learning a new language instead of wasting his time on a cambodian knitting forum

Whatever sinks your submarine, my man. I'm not being elitist and demanding they be read in their original language; it's just something I want to do personally.

so what? I speak 4 languages, you dont see me bragging about it

I know a good bit of German and a ton of Spanish. Am probably going to go for something with a Latin root

Every brit can't speak with a missouri american accent.

>or Finmeme
Different language grouo.

>if he wants to, why are you trying to stop him ?
How am I trying to stop him? I'm saying that's a stupid idea.

What's next. Leaning German so that you could read Goethe in original? Leaning French for Voltaire?

French is on my list, but for more reasons than books. German is pretty gross and I don't want to learn it.

Wtf

>no literature
Paasilinna

Finnish is a completely separate language. And danish is a mongrel language completely impossible to understand orally. Easy to read though.

>And no, you're not missing some super deep meaning lost in translation.
Are you monolingual?

Some jokes only work in one language.

>And danish is a mongrel language completely impossible to understand orally
I think it depends a lot of what regional dialect, I'm pretty sure there are some danes that can speak properly.

Not trying to start shit, but most americans I've met (and some brazilians), don't know any language other than the one they were born with, some of these people went to university and that surprises me, since people from other countries end high school knowing how to speak at least 3 different languages.
My question is, are language classes optional in North/South America?

so the meme is true then? that finns are mongols?

>Are you monolingual?
No, English is not my native language.
>Some jokes only work in one language.
Yes, the intricate humour of Dostoevsky and Tolstoy. A real knee-slapper that Crime and Punishment.

They're uralic. So yes.
>I think it depends a lot of what regional dialect, I'm pretty sure there are some danes that can speak properly.
I've never met any, and they swarm in over my village each summer and easter.

The sentence in english is absolutely retarded too.
If you want to make fun of a language do it with a sentence that would actually be used and makes sense in english at least.

Finnish isn't even a indo-european language

Are all finns this autistic?

>Steven Seagal, Russian action superstar. He speaks fluently English, Spanish, Japanese, Russia, Serbian, Navajo, Chinese, Italian and perfectly understands German, Finnish, Hungary, Afrikaans, Pashto and French.

VIGGO BTFO

Yes and no.

wtf literally ayyyyy lmaos

That blonde with purple streaks is top qt

Maybe if FAS is your thing.

...that's not FAS, it's an angle

>mornin' Angle

everyone diagnoses this to anyone with mongol blood

you are not good at identifying true FAS

Really? that's amazing if true. Japanese and Hungarian aren't easy language and neither is Finnish

> typical mov visitor. He is barely conversational in English. And also has some knowledge of tv memes

He's also claimed he has trained CIA agents and gone on black ops missions, and have been in a mob war against the Yakuza.

He's a notorious liar.

If he was a liar then why would a macho man like Putin hang out with him?

he doesn't even know how to hold a fucking gun

Because Putin is a fag.

He's a Deputy Chief Reserve Sheriff. I'm pretty sure he knows how to handle a gun.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gn4d-UqPVN4

post the webm of him dancing

That's a language that is quite common in Finnish.

Born from Danish seed and from between American legs

not only are lots of americans monolingual, they cant spell for shit

>loose instead of lose
>their instead of they're

etc etc

>american education

>doesn't know Ancient Greek or Latin

And born in America

All those dying languages
time well spent

> How can you grow up speaking english but can't speak Scottish or German

>he still had to come to and work in America
He is born american

Yes.

>Steven Seagal, Russian action superstar. He speaks fluently English, Spanish, Japanese, Russia, Serbian, Navajo, Chinese, Italian and perfectly understands German, Finnish, Hungary, Afrikaans, Pashto and French.

LOL, according to Seagal of course, who is a compulsive liar, claims he worked for CIA, trained Navy Seals, was in a 'ALL BLACK' jazz band at the age of 5, I mean seriously...

Scottish is a language?

How about Master and Margarita? You're literally missing the humor if you read an English translation.

Yup that is the norm. I'm swedish and understand norwegian but not danish. They undertsand both of us though.

this can be done in hungarian too

finno-ugric languages are truly supreme

using too many words to express yourself is retarded, yes

Waltari

>not a single shot where the target and seagal are in the same picture

This, like literally everything else about the guy is a hoax.