What's your favorite obscure movie, Sup Forums?

What's your favorite obscure movie, Sup Forums?

The Passenger 1975:

>Jack Nicholson in his sexual prime
>Most natural sounding dialogue I've seen in a movie
>Qt3.14 petite latina actress Maria Schneider
>Relaxing ambience
>Highly original plot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gmmVeLppfM&t=1s
youtu.be/oi990q9zSaE
youtube.com/watch?v=ke2CFuLQ6t8
youtube.com/watch?v=d1Kg4u7sL5U
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aMm-uD1Lw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Antonioni
>obscure
This fucking board

Also Maria Schneider was French you fucking idiot

This is Sup Forums.

I admit my mistake. She just really looks like a latina, why the unnecessary hostility?

Because you're a fucking moron who thinks an Antonioni film is obscure

Pic related for me. It remind me a lot of Annie Hall but it came out before it actually.

Not obscure but The Passenger is perfect, how films should be 2bh

I'm willing to say no one ITT has seen this one, it's one of my favorite movies

>amazing performances by Hal Holbrook and Nurse Ratchet
>bleak as fuck, 10/10 ending
>philosophical, Camus on blackpill
>it's on Youtube

good flick.

Titanic

is this an oshima or yoshide flick?

Meh, that was my least favorite Antonioni flick.

>try to discuss this kino on film websites
>9/10 have no idea it exists
>most think it's a fucking video game
>females look confused when I mention Tarkovsky
Feels bad being patrician sometimes

this, and the sequel.

i cry everytime

t. embryo

get out of here stalker

Mosfilm restoration BD when?

>The Criterion Collection
MY FUCKING NIGGER

Are you in grade school?

kek

Really digging deep into the obscure now.

What counts as obscure?

>i hateee hollywood so much my faves? everything by the criterion collection :)

>73.861 imdb votes
>patrician
>obscure

at least you got a laugh out of me

It doesn't have a Wikipedia article about it

French New Wave, Italian neo-realism, film noir kinda but everyone has seen Hollywood crap. Kurosawa, Kitano, Sion Sono.

Nigga criterion has a restoration coming out this year.

It has less then 25,000 votes on IMDB.

The Man Who Sleeps

Watching now. Loving it so far. Thanks, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=5gmmVeLppfM&t=1s

no, try less than 100 votes
you retarded pleb

how is that obscure

>get depressed
>wash socks
kino

Anybody who's lived in a fucked up hick town can appreciate the authenticity of some scenes. Overall, it's not great, but still a favorite though.

Don't know about obscure, but certainly overlooked. Never seems to be brought up, even among horror fans, but it's one of my all time favourites.

Is this obscure? I don't know but it's amazing

Alright, meanie.

kiyoshi kurosawa is somewhat obscure and somewhat not, hell, his early films are completely missing, while his film pulse is known by j-horror fans, it even got an american remake in 2006. scorsese apparently mentioned cure in an interview a while back. it's still somewhat underground though. i saw it actually expecting a neo-noir with horror elements, when it really is just a well-done horror film.

the intro is kino, btw. youtu.be/oi990q9zSaE

what movie is it?

dude we've all seen the shit out of it. we've all got it bookmarked on youtue and know which parts to skip to with the prostitues.

seriously though, it's a great little film.

I raise you

>ask friends what they thought of oldeuboi
>none of them have ever heard of it

feels bad being a patrician who enjoys foreign films

worst tarkovsky

Bump

Worst Tarkovsky is still better than 98% of film including Kubrick. Just imagine if Sup Forums liked Tarkovsky instead of fucking Snyder, this place would be incredible.

Will check it out user

These films make me feel really bad inside

I'll make a top 5 since i only watch obscure movies mostly

Reminiscences of my Journey to Lithuania
My Joy
Ddongpari
Sieranevada
Gangs of Waseypur

lmao at niggers itt posting kubrick and tarkovsky

>implying

Nigger you dont even know about Romenian New Wave and you're trying to say what is and what isnt obscure? Go watch more movies and comeback later

I can't even tell who's trolling anymore

kek some stupid nigga fell for my posts in the "obscure film" thread

Kek, you're no better.
>muh mekas narration
>muh Bollywood

Also there's only one good Lozsnitsa film and it's not my Joy.

>my joy
>not good
muh opinions.
At least the movies he listed dont have 2k+ ratings on imdb (Except for Waseyput but i dont think many westerners have watched that movie)

Nah fuck you Breathless is trash and also on Netflix, so obscure!

Dumb trashposter

I dont use netflix, i just watched it a random film festival in my city, anyways, what do you consider obscure? How many IMDB votes is the cap?

I'm pretty sure he's serious.

Dumb letterboxnerd.

It's a one and done French flick by the name of "Jeux D'enfants" the director only made the one film then never made any other art.

It's my favorite movie ever

Is Lon Chaney obscure?

The greatest actor ever & he gets zero love anywhere.

>The greatest actor ever

Well obviously not then

>females look confused when I mention Tarkovsky

Learn how to talk to females

>implying females have ever heard of Tarkino

>obscure
Nigga this is literally the first choice for "I just got into Sup Forumss top patrician movies list"

don't know how obscure this was at the time it came out, considering it has Kevin Spacey and Danny Devito in their primes but I've certainly never seen anyone talk about it and came upon it randomly airing one day on TCM. I was completely overwhelmed. I went in expecting a fairly typical comedy for the day pushed by the pair of strong lead performances but holy shit what a goddamn mindfuck this movie was.

you don't know shit newfag

That's my point, they typically don't give a shit about stuff like that.

no you, newfag

Obscure based on age

Stop being so fucking dumb, you're just hanging out with the wrong ones.

It's very obviously based on a Play by how the actors act and how the set is set up.

easy on the memes there boyo
solaryis isn't even that good

Then how am I supposed to "Learn how to talk to females" if it's like I'm speaking a different language. I'll be better off trying to explain gravity to a fucking chicken.

This is one of my personal favorites in general

Ah so you're just contrarian.

it's not even widely regarded as an amazing film
if i were contrarian i'd say it was the best tarkovsky film you retard
(andrei rublev is best)

Poor Little Rich Girl

Best Kinji Fukasaku film and almost a 10/10

Yup I'm being trolled. I haven't seen Andrei Rublev yet but it's hard to trust you because of what I've seen, Stalker is his greatest, maybe even the greatest of all cinema.

if you haven't seen it then how the fuck do you have an opinion about it
also if you really think stalker is that great then how the fuck do you think solaryis is better then 80% of cinema kek
do you see the flaw in your logic here

Chimes.at.Midnight staring Orson welles

Hustle staring Burt Reynolds

The Car (1997) horror film

Play it Again staring Woody Allen

boring schlock, perfect for the pretentious suicidal teens on this board though

>not mentioning the ending shot

youtube.com/watch?v=ke2CFuLQ6t8

Not obscure you retarded bitch.

we're on a board dedicated to film. I know Sup Forums is shit, but I'd imagine that a not insignificant portion of the board will have at least seen Ladri di Biciclette or Roma, citta' aperta

You wanna get laid, learn to speak their language. If you have no interest in that, then don't. Simple.

I don't "hang out" with women bro, I just try to fuck them

who /kg/ here/?

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=d1Kg4u7sL5U

Io sono Li (2011). Not completely unknown but I don't expect anyone on Sup Forums who isn't interested in Italian cinema will have watched it.
It's about a chinese woman who emigrates to Italy to earn money to support her son. She ends up working in Venice in a cafe and strikes up a friendship with an old Croatian-Italian fisherman. It's a beautifully shot film and probably the most beautiful depiction of Venice in any film. The title is also quite clever too (Io sono Li = "I am here" in Italian, but also "My name is Li". The English translation changes the whole thing to "Shun-li and the Poet")

Jesus, what a trainwreck of a thread.

Io sono li translates to I am there, not here. Other than that looks interesting. I'm Italian and I had never heard of this film

welcome to Sup Forums

Straub & Huillet's Othon
(its official title: Les yeux ne veulent pas en tout temps se fermer ou Peut-être qu’un jour Rome se permettra de choisir à son tour)

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aMm-uD1Lw

It's a very faithful performance of a 17th century play about the political situation in Rome after the death of Nero. The juxtaposition of the formalised verse+classical costumes of the characters with the Roman ruins around them and the traffic in the background creates this really odd atmosphere that forces the viewer to focus on the characters but simultaneously making him realise that the characters are just actors and the whole enterprise is unreal.

Oh yeah my mistake. It's certainly worth the watch, the story is fairly predictable but it's visually very engaging and the two lead characters are well-acted.