This is the best star wars movie since Empire

This is the best star wars movie since Empire.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zcIZhNuL5Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=VxrtaURYwrU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6oMAwns38
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree. Brace yourself for the nitpicking turbo autists, they'll be along any minute.

>w-waah this female lead makes me feel insecure about my small dick game ;-;
gamergate was a mistake

eh I was constantly checking my stopwatch (I bring a stopwatch to the theater and start it right as the feature presentation begins) until the last half hour or so. then the big video game action scenes happened and vader kicked all ass and I walked out of the theater hype af

Not a high bar my dude. Clearing the Phantom Menace hurdle isn't a cause for celebration.

I agree too. It's kind of ruined by the pandering to the franchise elements but they're to be expected I guess.

Totes, I was drinking a big jug of misogynist tears the whole way through.

>original movies
>alot of people died to bring us these plans
>this movies about getting the plans
>alot of people dies

Its like fucking shakespear at this point

Yup.

I get all the hate about ewoks and whatever but ROTJ is better,the scenes with vader an luke alone make it great.

It's the seventh best Star Wars movie.

The "many Bothans died.." line was for Death Star II

Who are you quoting? Are you insane?

>this movie leads directly to a new hope
>last word said by digital leia is hope
>byronic

am I insane for thinking that this movie may be streaming on egg-kara in about an hour on cytube get in here faggots?

First act and last act are the best parts of the OT imo

X-WINGS!
DEATH STAR!
LIGHTSABERS!
AT-STS AT-STS AT-STS

is cytube where eggkara is now that instasync has gone? I haven't visited in a while desu

Pedantic m8, like i give a shit m8 nerd lol

>Muh Gamergate

Holy shit this has been triggering roasties for how many years now?

What is this Eggkara™ kino streaming service of which you speak? Can it be found by googling said brand alongside "cytube"?

Yeah, instasync went down and we had to move to a different service

I think so.

I also enjoyed the first 45 minutes more than the last 45 minutes which seems to be the opposite of most people. The Vader scene was nice but really short and the movie ended way too abruptly.

The opening 15 minutes of this movie was kino.

buy an ad you fucking shills. thread saged and reported

Reported for announcing report :^)

can't argue with that

just didn't agree with the phasing and the fact that I can't remember anyones fucking name cause they were so bland
hell, the character with the most charisma was the fucking imperial shuttle pilot I thought they were just gonna write off after being tentacle raped but apparently he was a main good guy

reported for announcing report

I liked the funny robot and the bulletproof monk and the nice lady but she dead :(

Reported for announcing report.

>Anything in rogue one top return of the jedi throne room sequence

What an awful meme. Disneyfied millenials need to die.

That space battle is kino as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcIZhNuL5Bg

youtube.com/watch?v=VxrtaURYwrU

Haha jokes on you i made this thread

>one scene saves an entire 2 hour movie

Where does one find a link to the blu-ray rip?

Felt like some shitty fanfic shit in some scenes

exactly my thoughs, i needed three sittings to get done with this movie, just how terrible was its first 2/3, the last part was ok.

Just for this moment

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6oMAwns38

How did the empire ever exist if it's that easy to destroy their ships?

Isn't that the exact same argument millennials use for Rogue One with the Vader scene on the Rebel ship?

Just finished the move.

It's 10/10, literally!

But of course Sup Forums will hate it.

its only 10/10 if you are you huge fag

Just finished it myself.

Started off meh, gradually improved until the final act when it was pure NAM Kino.

Shame about the CGI dead people, though. They looked like shit, even worse than the stills posted because they still can't get the lip synching right. Probably the only big flaw I had with the movie.

That and the R E F E R E N C E S. Some of them were extremely heavy handed, like >bad feeling and the C3PO cameo.

Then there were others that were so sublte I don't even know if they were references, like the shootout while they were climbing the ladders. I got flashbacks to one of the original trilogy films where something similar occured (Luke climbing something, been years, can't remember what). The spic guy even looked like Luke with the lighting in that scene.

Can anyone confirm if I'm just having an aneurysm or if that was intentional?

It was all the will of the force that the Empire exist and only be defeated after a certain amount of time.

The entire last act fight scene was worth the price of admission alone, and normally I hate modern action scenes.

It took them a while to disable the first one to even be able to ram it. The empire were able to destroy rebel ships just as easily, and the empire has significantly more ships in total.

Just saw Rogue One. And just like TFA, Disney displayed cowardice, misunderstanding and pandering to the SW franchise.

Everything in the film, from audiovisual cues, to dialouge to even bizzarely putting in deceased actors as CGI is made for the strict purpose to give this Chinese fake a geniune Star Wars touch. And just like the CGI characters they insist on, it comes off as forced, cheap and cowardly.

Disney has again and again shown that they simply do not understand what made Lucas' Star Wars great. It's not the space ships. It's not the sound effects. It's not the jedi. It's an imaginative world that constantly treats to you new memorable characters, locations and scenes. It's the sense of a Greek epic set in space, not of Marvel set in space.

Disney simply does not want to do what is neccessary. Because being imaginative also means being risky. And Disney and risky is like oil and water. They will never commit to it. They will instead rather ape Lucas than actually seek to transcend him. That's what will impress legions of idiot fanboys and normal moviegoers who pride themselves on being "nerdzz".

The scene between Vader and the commander displays this all too well. Look how hard Disney attempts to mimic Lucas' Vader. His steps. His gestures. His manners. All strictly following what Lucas has already shown us, and nothing more. That's it. They don't dare do more because they simply do not understand Vader. Eventually you could see through the cracks of the fake, the mask being cheap and the voice being off and also lines that are way out of character. (be careful not to force on your aspirations, really?). The moment they stepped out of their comfortable space, they immediately wronged. That's how sad Disney is.

ditto

Viet-fuckin-NAM!!!!

That scene was great honestly, I wish there were more hyperspace drop ins

It is the best SW film since Episode III.

I just finished watching the movie.

>the shuttle in the beginning couldn't fucking land closer to the dumbass house or drop a team right above it with quickness
>the shuttle didn't have a surveillance droid like was present even in the fucking young Anakin trilogy
>the dumbass motherfucking scientist guy didn't fill the cave bunker with all the shit needed so that his family doesn't waste time "packing up their things" that they could pick up anyway after the whole situation calmed down while they were hiding in the bunker

From the very start of the movie and how the whole shit was developed, i knew i would be in for a shitshow where shutting down 99.95% of my brain cells was required to continue on.

And why the fuck didn't they release the TIE fighter swarm as soon as the Rebels spaced in at that dumbass gate? Those TIE fighters could have breached through alongside the X-Wings and helped kill off most of them (if not from the outset), thus rendering the ground forces swiftly victorious against the Rebel Allahuackbars. Guess the writers couldn't figure out a more rational way to make the whole situation work for the Rebels.

Best SW film, second only to SW III. It did suffer from too many characters though, resulting in not fleshing out the more important ones like the girl and the french guy.

>10 years after Lucas
>still no scene that can beat the overwhelming feel of the Episode 3 intro
Man I'm starting to feel none of these Disney suits are even interested in Star Wars past milking the shit outta it.

You might be right. Maybe. These 2 Disney movies pretty much make he hate the entire franchise. Disney will never do anything half original with Star Wars. I hate Star Wars now.

Rebels got plot armor, far more durable than Star Destroyer armor.

Not enough lightsabers desu .. Asian blind guy should have whipped one out half way through

>Then there were others that were so sublte I don't even know if they were references, like the shootout while they were climbing the ladders. I got flashbacks to one of the original trilogy films where something similar occured (Luke climbing something, been years, can't remember what). The spic guy even looked like Luke with the lighting in that scene.
this?

>ywn bully and then fug Krennic
Why live?

High praise indeed.

or maybe this

I agree.

So much that I made a thread about it a couple days agp.

>First and better thread

>>the shuttle in the beginning couldn't fucking land closer to the dumbass house or drop a team right above it with quickness

Yeah, because landing right next to the house of an ex Imperial weapons engineer who could have fuck only knows how many traps and defence systems is smart.

That said, the stupid cunt didn't have any.

i guess but the movie is better than tfa without it

Yeah. Apart from the cunt not having any, i highly suspect their fucking shuttle doesn't have good sensors and surveillance for that shit. The scientist guy also has a fucking child and can't risk her fucking herself up with traps and engineering feats, while the resources to create traps and shit would be suspicious for someone trying to hide from the Empire.
On that account, i remember the assassin in the Anakin trilogy having thermal sights and all that shit.
>yet they couldn't even use thermals on their giant helmets or the ship sensors to stake out shit in the grass

>muh lucas vision
shut the fuck up retard

Not an argument

It's a big argument just like your failed thread got almost no replied. Your entire post is retarded and anyone who cites Lucas's vision is a complete pleb. The best movie, ESB, had the least amount of Lucas's meddling. Fuck you and fuck your Lucas dick-sucking.

Star Wars has never had the technology to do things like that idiot. Why would they retcon that? It's like Aliens, 70's technology mixed with future shit. Only the prequels started fucking with that and that's part of the reason the prequels suck. You don't mess with continuity.

Your post only applies to the surveillance droid statement.
The rest was very doable even with 70's "future" tech.
The TIE fighters in the original trilogy took a few seconds to all be released upon the rebel ships as well as soon as they dropped in.

I've never seen the OT deploy troops from high up. They always land and let troops out. I'm not sure what your last post would change. They all had plenty of time to pack things up.

These are very small nitpicks to talk about when the movie has real flaws.

These exist

>This is the best star wars movie since Empire.

Yeah, but that's a super fucking low bar.

First off, it's not better than RotJ, even with the ewoks.

But after that all it has to be better than is
>shit
>worse shit
>worst shit
>jew jew Abrams anti-white mary-sue extravaganza

So it's not that hard. I will agree it's best star wars movie since Jedi. Even then I would say it's at best a 6.5/10.

>I've never seen the OT deploy troops from high up.
Rope technology is too advanced for OT SW?

Fuck i forgot about those.
And that little ball for training the lightsaber was also obviously capable of surveillance since it could see Luke and play with him.

>the shuttle in the beginning couldn't fucking land closer to the dumbass house or drop a team right above it with quickness

I see you have watched RLM too my friend, well memed! *tips*

>Rope technology is too advanced for OT SW?
And what's the point of that? Why deploy a rope when you can just land? Rope deployment is only done when you're not landing. These people obviously landed and there's no way an officer like Kerikk or whatever is going to shimmy down a rope like a pleb. You're grasping at straws with nitpicks.

>and there's no way an officer like Kerikk or whatever is going to shimmy down a rope like a pleb.

There's also no way an officer like Kerikk who cares about his ambitions so much would go in the face of potential danger instead of dropping teams to secure a site before he arrives.
Thanks, you now made me realize a character writing flaw.

Thats not really an accomplishment.

>kerrik not being a coward is a character writing flaw
Alright reddit. You can go now.

Galen reminds me of a less intelligent version of Hari Seldon.

>not being paranoid when over-ambitious
>not a character flaw
Also he was a coward, as apparent by his fear of a shitty CGI grandpa.

Not sure, but those were the two in the back of my mind, although I don't recall Luke interacting with the generator thing.

I might even be confusing it with one of the scenes where they're shooting at each other from doorway ledges and he had to shoot at one of the door control panels.

It's this scene, might not be the best shot but you get the idea. There was just something very familiar about it.

>I might even be confusing it with one of the scenes where they're shooting at each other from doorway ledges and he had to shoot at one of the door control panels.

In fact the more I think about it I think that might be exactly it, because in the scene in RO, he's shooting up at an open doorway, and I remember thinking he's going to shoot at the control panel to close the door.

IT BROKE NEW GROUND!

NO, it was complete shit till the last 25 minutes, from there to the end is pure gold.

>you can't have an opinion diferent from mine if you do you are wrong and shit

>female lead
Are you ok honey? Do you know that for being a roastie now nobody wants you, not even betas. Do you want to talk about your feelings? Tell me grull I know you are strong so you will make out from this horrible situation, hang in there!!! :^)

The only good leads are boy on boy.

>space battle in this film was pretty awesome
>mfw I realize we'll never see an epic clone wars space battle like episode 3 intro because Disney refuses to acknowledge the prequels.

wew lad

It was good. Not great, not horrible, didn't blow me away, but it "felt" like Star Wars enough for me to feel comfortable calling it that, and didn't do anything to seriously piss me off. I'll probably never watch it anywhere near as many times as I've watched the original trilogy, but then thats not a reasonable expectation anyway.

Aren't I allowed to think it was just good, without it being either the second coming of Christ or a cinematic catastrophe?

Hyperspace jumps and drop ins in Star Wars and Dark Matter are fucking KINO

>Aren't I allowed to think it was just good, without it being either the second coming of Christ or a cinematic catastrophe?
word

legit garbage movie

If you have more images in your Thrawn reaction image folder can you please upload them?

kill yourself retard

It was very different, stylistically, from all the other movies. Which is good, considering it's a spin-off.
However, the characters were totally one-dimensional and shitty, even for Star Wars (it being a soap opera, it still has the characters at the forefront, even if they're not very deep).
I can see why some people think it's another movie with "STAR WARS" plastered over it, because it does feel like it at times.

Still, it's not a bad Star Wars movie.

*a generic action movie with "STAR WARS "plastered over it

I want to cum inside her.