Obama criticized genetic basis of IQ back in 1994 on NPR

Criticizing Charles Murray's book 'The Bell Curve', Obama wrote:
>The idea that inferior genes account for the problems of the poor in general, and blacks in particular, isn't new, of course. Racial supremacists have been using IQ tests to support their theories since the turn of the century. The arguments against such dubious science aren't new either. Scientists have repeatedly told us that genes don't vary much from one race to another, and psychologists have pointed out the role that language and other cultural barriers can play in depressing minority test scores, and no one disputes that children whose mothers smoke crack when they're pregnant are going to have developmental problems...

>I happen to think Mr. Murray's wrong, not just in his estimation of black people, but in his estimation of the broader American public. But I do think Mr. Murray's right about the growing distance between the races. The violence and despair of the inner city are real. So's the problem of street crime. The longer we allow these problems to fester, the easier it becomes for white America to see all blacks as menacing and for black America to see all whites as racist. To close that gap, we're going to have to do more than denounce Mr. Murray's book. We're going to have to take concrete and deliberate action. For blacks, that means taking greater responsibility for the state of our own communities. Too many of us use white racism as an excuse for self-defeating behavior. Too many of our young people think education is a white thing and that the values of hard work and discipline andself-respect are somehow outdated.

>But, in the long run, our investment should payoff handsomely. That we fail to make this investment is just plain stupid. It's not the result of an intellectual deficit. It's the result of a moral deficit.

gnxp.com/blog/2008/09/barack-obama-on-bell-curve.php

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-25/american-babies-are-no-longer-mostly-non-hispanic-white
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Especially this line...

>The violence and despair of the inner city are real. So's the problem of street crime. The longer we allow these problems to fester, the easier it becomes for white America to see all blacks as menacing and for black America to see all whites as racist. To close that gap, we're going to have to do more than denounce Mr. Murray's book. We're going to have to take concrete and deliberate action. For blacks, that means taking greater responsibility for the state of our own communities. Too many of us use white racism as an excuse for self-defeating behavior. Too many of our young people think education is a white thing and that the values of hard work and discipline andself-respect are somehow outdated.

I wonder when he abandoned that concern.

bump

so obama really believes that niggers can achieve white levels of success... yet he applauds cop killer niggers.
If he's telling the truth he is intentionally holding them back. but then if niggers were really so smart in the first place they wouldn't be wooed by BLM types.

As soon as it became politically convenient.

Blacks show the same behavior around the world from France to half parjeet/jamal countries in the carribean they have exactly the same pattern of behavior.

>Too many of us use white racism as an excuse for self-defeating behavior. Too many of our young people think education is a white thing and that the values of hard work and discipline andself-respect are somehow outdated.
OYYY VEY OBONGO JUST UNCLE TOM'D THE FUCK OUT

When it became more politically expedient to espouse BLM's ideas.

When he realized in the very near future whites will be a minority in america and he can just pander exclusively to beaners and niggers to keep the democrats in power for forever

people see niggers being niggers over and over again no matter where you put them and then pretend they haven't noticed a pattern. Such low energy!

He was raised by a race traitor of the highest degree, of course he has a fucked up foundation of ethics.

wew his dad was Art Blakey black

>using the word "So's" instead of "So is" in a formal argument

Blacks as a % of total population has been stagnant for decades and the increase in Hispanics is already stalling.

Wew lad I hope someone shows that to Trump

Why hasnt this come up at all in the last 8 years? Seems like it should have, especially in the last 4

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-25/american-babies-are-no-longer-mostly-non-hispanic-white

Whites will be a minority in the US in 20-30 years. If things stay shitty in south america it may be sooner.

Huh. That's the most red-pilled thing I've heard come out of Obummer's mouth. A shame that he decided that political power was more important than the greater good of his own community and America as a whole.

He was born in Kenya and was married before being invited to college in Hawaii. He had no qualms in impregnating and marrying the American woman who ended up birthing Obama along with another American Jew in Massachusetts after Obama's mother divorced him for unspecified reasons in any source I've read.

>for unspecified reasons
Kenyian probably still looking for cigarette shop

It's too late for Trump to address this. Most of the Black community thinks he's wacist, imagine the hysteria in the left if he started talking about fixing black communities?

>We're going to have to take concrete and deliberate action. For blacks, that means taking greater responsibility for the state of our own communities. Too many of us use white racism as an excuse for self-defeating behavior. Too many of our young people think education is a white thing and that the values of hard work and discipline andself-respect are somehow outdated.
Wow, that actually make sense. Obama can be very surprising sometimes

>But black people can be equal, only if you invest more into them
Racial equality is a pyramid scheme.

Obama's half-brother Mark claimed his father was prone to spousal/child abuse and was an alcoholic. Entirely unsurprising really.

"Racial supremacists have been using IQ tests to support their theories since the turn of the century."
HOW DOES NOONE SEE HOW ILLOGICAL THIS IS?!??!?!?!

That is like saying, police have been using evidence to support prosecuting since the turn of the century.

How does no one see the illogically!!!

So why do blacks score, on average, approximately 150 points lower on the SAT, at the highest socio-economic brackets?

A black family making >200k a year is going to be in a nice neighborhood, going to the 'good' public schools, or more likely, elite private school of some kind. Rich people also on average tend to care a lot less about race and much more about ability, otherwise they wouldn't' be making 200k+ a year.

(It should be noted, asians do better than whites on this same test by about 100 points, on average)

The IQ issue is something people don't want to touch due to it being career suicide, but should be entirely solvable once genetic engineering takes off.

The Bell Curve addresses literally objection Obama makes to IQ tests.

Yes, heritage affects IQ. Yes, environment affects it too.
No, "cultural barriers" and language don't affect IQ scores.
No, there has been no scientifically valid demonstration of cultural bias among standardized IQ tests, except "science" predicated on the idea that all groups must be exactly the same on average.

I'd bet Obama read the book and probably understands it, but simply chooses to lie because it benefits him. He did say black people need to take responsibility for fucking their own shit upfam.

We do, we just don't shout about it like the left do with their misinformation. The argument already won, it isn't going anywhere.

There are probably a half dozen people on Sup Forums who know who Art Blakey is.

Remember, since he is a black man with half white heritage, he must have a hard time fully grasping how intellectually lacking most african americans are.

Yeah, I'm going to need some standard deviations or histograms on these distributions before any conclusion is made. Also .. why the fuck would you use the mean and not the median? What's the sample size here in each bracket? Spatial bias?

sup

that man was the schoolmaster

Yeah, and they're all Sup Forums-posting faggots who unironically listen to Kanye.

>dubious science
Suddenly culture-fair IQ tests considered valid for decades are dubious when they show a result he doesn't like.

>language and other cultural barriers can play in depressing minority test scores
Yeah, shapes and patterns change so much depending on your language and culture.

Where are mestizos at?

Above blacks and below whites. Average iq 85-90 I believe.

>somehow outdated

Omitting a shitton
Significant excerpt of the omitted portion:
>In the short run, such ladders of opportunity are going to cost more, not less, than either welfare or affirmative action. But, in the long run, our investment should payoff handsomely.

Way to omit like 3/4 of a paragraph changing the subject of the past section.

I hope that everyone takes tis opportunity to realize that some Sup Forumsasks aren't below misinformation. Always check the sources (if provided).

>That being said, it's time for all of us, and now I'm talking about the larger American community, to acknowledge that we've never even come close to providing equal opportunity to the majority of black children. Real opportunity would mean quality prenatal care for all women and well-funded and innovative public schools for all children. Real opportunity would mean a job at a living wage for everyone who was willing to work, jobs that can return some structure and dignity to people's lives and give inner-city children something more than a basketball rim to shoot for. In the short run, such ladders of opportunity are going to cost more, not less, than either welfare or affirmative action. But, in the long run, our investment should payoff handsomely. That we fail to make this investment is just plain stupid. It's not the result of an intellectual deficit. It's theresult of a moral deficit.

Is it 4?

According to IQ tests, mixed race people are always halfway the 2 races.

It's why african-americans have an average IQ of 85 when pure africans have just 70.

You're welcome, Obama.

Almost. It's 3.

If you notice, the little S in the middle of the "head" of the little sperms is never backwards.

U?

The name "Raven's Matrices" combined with restrictions on human testing just made me wonder when genetic engineering will bring a raven (as in a member of the Corvidae family) about that can consistently score a higher IQ than basketball-humans.

Good job Mario. I wish our Italians were more like you

Jesus I must be retarded (please god let me have sex daily- shit! dyslexia instead)

I thought 1&3 were identical for a good like 6 seconds...

Because "white supremacists" is a buzzword. It is the argument in and of itself. To a blue pilled sheep, they hear "white supramicsts use this argument" and they automatically think "oh so it's not a valid argument."

It's like saying you can't criticize Jews because "The Nazis did it" so you are automatically wrong if you do it too.

Its 3, because it seems that the pattern is the tail moves once from the starting position in one direction, then twice in the same direction (imagine that the tail moves in quarters, wether diagonal or horizontal/vertical). Then look at the tail and similar wave inside the circle. Those should match with the ones directly above. Matching the outside tail to the tails above would leave you with two options: 3 and 4. But, looking at the waves inside the upper circles, we would only be left with one option, number 3. You were close though, good job.

Weird. Most leftists I've seen denounce self-improvement and basic virtues, and assume all problems stem from higher sources pushing-down on the "working class"; and that the only way to fix it is to give them more welfare.

Obama has certainly abandoned this line of thought. All he did during his Presidency was preach for gibsmedats; and encourage black nationalism and hating "whitey".

Black culture (raping, drug use while pregnant, general crime and poverity) is a symptom of low IQ and not the reverse. Perhaps Obongo should keep his opinions to himself on things he's clearly not qualified to talk about, especially when almost all scientific researchers into intelligence agree there's a ~0.75--0.85 correlation between IQ and inherited genes.

This isn't a surprise to me.

I doesnt seem like Sup Forums gives OBongo enough credit for actually being an intelligent guy. He is one, but he's also a divisive fucking Marxist who doesn't mind screwing over his own race to achieve his goals.

This man right here has figured out their entire game. This is exactly why we must reject the label.