Why does Sup Forums (and internet culture in general) react with so much hostility to someone genuinely enjoying...

Why does Sup Forums (and internet culture in general) react with so much hostility to someone genuinely enjoying something?

Why is snarky, ironic "enjoyment" of media the only acceptable form of enjoyment allowed?

Shut up, cunt

You're not aloud to like what I don't like

I dont understand it either

Rusty hearts probs

>aloud

Because internet culture has taught us all to try to out-clever each other by being critics, and it's always safe to say something sucks unlike saying you like something. Then no one can criticize you.

Evil.It's everywhere.

The internet, and Sup Forums in particular, is full of people who are so utterly afraid of being mocked for their opinions that they can't even bring themselves to give a sincere opinion anonymously online, so they just turn to hate and irony instead.

It's a combination of narcissism and cowardice.

The pendulum is swinging.
This isn't the case anymore. Cringe culture is dying off.

Nah. If you just say you don't like something you will be accused of being a "pleb" and "not getting it then".
Ironically enjoying something implies that you understand it's merits or lack of such perfectly well and choose to look down on it benignly thus proving you are superior than both those who like it and those who dislike it.

People come here to argue.

Yeah that's totally why I like movies, because I want to feel superior to other people. You nailed it.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART INTERNET!

Because then no one can make fun of you for being a pleb.

okay

No shit you fucking dumbfuck. Art is subjective. The point is to form some kind of taste and discuss films on a FILM BOARD, so you know what to avoid, what suggestions to look into etc...

you probably made the thread because someone called guardians of the galaxy or deadpool trash, your insecurity is showing. Go back to r**dit if you don't want discussion and just want upvotes

You sound pretty insecure there bud, op's question really hurt your feelings huh?

insecurity: the post

Prove otherwise faggot, I here by raise you one rebuttal, wanna fight about it?

I sure hope so user

I'm not the one making passive agressive threads fucking retard. Stop caring about what others think.

GOTG and deadpool are garbage and you're a down syndrome mentally challenged idiot if you enjoy them. This is my opinion, too bad you can't downvote it so it doesn't hurt your pleb feeling right?

no i was just memeing spare me mighty kek

>Raw no

>Fuckin filter

>Crooked needle

>THIS FAG

I think you need to go outside more.

M'ask you sumthin mane

ey rick

*runs into woods*

mask u sumfin

Well that was pathetic

I enjoyed them and I would respect your opinion if you just said you didnt like them. But you had to show your insecurities and act like an idiot.

Not the person you're replying to but...

>REMINDER Sup Forums UNIRONICALLY LIKES KANYE WEST

hahaha you must be a RETARD. lol you must be like 10 years old holy shit >liking that trash what an idiot

Back in my day, trolling meant something.

Well, this thread HAD potential...

epic troll we sure showed em fellow 4channer

I miss Shane :(

Yeah I miss that stupid motherfucker too

This board would be so much better without people like you and you know it.

I agree with you, but there are a LOT of them. And they shitpost loudly which makes them seem like even more.

I'm always amused by the hordes of people who want to tell everyone what movies they didn't like, without even saying why, as if anyone gives a flying fuck. The hubris of thinking everyone needs to hear what you have to say all the time. Thanks internet!

Im just really dissapointed in people at this point... and there is nothing I can do about it.

Things go in cycles. Hopefully in a few years things will turn a different direction.

That's the exact opposite and you know it, OP.

Internet culture reacts to people not liking something by calling them "fun-hating, edgy, just-didn't-get-it contrarians."