>retard ale...

Hmm... actually makes my synapses fire

rock seems like an asshole in real life unlike momoa

both are right

yeah Momoa IS an asshole in real life

>Jason Momoa will never ravage your boi pucci

nah

Mamoa absolutely should have been Lobo

come on now, why can't we appreciate both?

i hate Zach Snyder with a passion, but i think Aquaman looks great

Evans, Hemsworth, Batfleck and Aquadrago are the best capeshit has given us

whoa good call FUCK

but you've never been there...

You are wrong for one important reason; Thor is white

>trident
>5 points

thanks snyder

what timeline do we live in that aquaman is unironically the best of the lineup from a justice league movie

the outrageous timeline

numales btfo

does aquaman refer to himself as aquaman?

>not Reynolds
>not Jackman
>not Stewart
>not McKellen

>h-he shoved me in a locker!

God please make long unkempt dirty hair a thing again.
I hate cutting my hair and I'd rather cut them than going around in a manbun.

why are frog posts always have retarded shit to say?

It is a thing. You just have to have a handsome face.

I was thinking the same thing until I actually saw the "base" of the thing. The base is actually a trident so go figure what to actually call that thing

Shut the fuck up, Tommy!

he has a name, wich is Arthur... and is the king of atlantis... king arthur, only pedestrian plebs call him aquaman

hype

need a hot toys from this guy quick

>Being a big Aquaman fan
>they cast Momoa
>I don´t like it because I prefer a blonde guy
>I see the logic of casting a huge ripped guy to make the character stand because normies think it's lame
>but Hemsworth is also buffed and stuff, but blond with blue eyes, damn it
>trailers start playing
>Momoa looks fucking great as Arthur, menacing, noble and fiere as fuck, but also warm and lovely.
>Thor is boring as FUCK to watch in every single movie
>Momoa looks like a based bro, unless hemsworth
Ok, Disney, you can keep your blond guy

actually Arthur Curry is his human name, to atlanteans is King Orin

What does the 'A' on his belt stand for? Atlantis?

exactly. Press of Earth 0 started calling him Aquaman (and also called Mera Aquawoman) for that, but is the atlantean coat of arms. Most atlantean heroes wear it (Aqualad) and even atlantean villains (Ocean Master)

>Aqualad
WEW

>Super Strength
>Flight
>Super Speed
>tfw all they show is him stabbing shit and manipulating water (which is obvious since it's in his fucking name)

Disappointed desu.

I knew it was going to happen from the beginning. There's no pressure on it because the studio execs think Aquaman is lame, so the writer and director can work without interference. Just like Ironman was the best Marvel movie because they couldn't sell the rights, so they made it themselves.

I always knew that the "We must start a franchise!" movies were going to be shit, and the mostly ignored Aquaman and Shazam was what would actually turn out great.

Now all they need is to add Armie Hammer as Hal Jordan and Adam Baldwin as Guy Gardner and I'll start to take WB seriously.

>Batman
Budget Captain America
>Aquaman
Budget Thor
>Cyborg
Budget Iron Man
>Wonder Woman
Budget Black Widow
>Flash
Budget Spider-Man
>Superman
Budget Hulk

title may sound corny (same with Robin, Speedy and most golden eye juvenile sidekicks) but both Garth and Kaldur'ahm are total badass warriors.
Garth is a fucking hidrokinesis expert capable of summon hurricanes. He grew up a la Nightwing, adopted the title of Tempest and started an antihero career by his own.
Kaldur'ahm is less of a water-bender and most of a fierce warrior. He can shape the water of his backpack at any construct and also is a smart, cold-blooded leader. I mean, he is in a group where he is the powerhouse who regulary tanks the enemies and also the leader. In a group featuring Superboy and fucking Robin. (yes, he leads a group instead of a batfamily member, that's the DC equivalent of being the most alpha guy ever)

>Super Strength
of course, you need that if you regually lift tanks/make Darkseid bleed with your trident
>Flight
He does not fly. He can swim at match 3 and cross the country in a leap like Hulk, Flash and stuff, but he does not fly.
>Super Speed
not Flash/Supes tier, but even faster than Wondie
>tfw all they show is him stabbing shit and manipulating water (which is obvious since it's in his fucking name)
except for he is not a water-bender, Mera is. Atlantean sorcery is not an atlantean per-se superpower, it's just an atlantean skill you can developt or not. It´s like Thor, he doesn´t shoot lightning bolts from his hands just because he´s Thor. But yes, Arthur has the Poseidon Trident, that grants him with the power of the seven seas, so he can summon tidals, hurricanes and stuff

>He does not fly. He can swim at match 3 and cross the country in a leap like Hulk, Flash and stuff, but he does not fly.
Nah he's been shown flying in Aquaman Rebirth #47 and Justice League vs Court of Owls.

really? maybe more like an artist misinterpretation, since most of the time Aquaman does not fly in his books.
I really don't like the idea of him flying, makes the character more bland and standard superhero instead of marine-based. Same with wondie, I kinda prefer her running.

He's even been shown flying in the old cartoons.
I like the idea of him flying though. Maybe he manipulates the water in his body to make it happen.

>I hate cutting my hair

Are you a 4 year old??

Momoa is literally Hemsworth Dark.

Somebody post a webm of him going "yeah!" on top of the Batmobile

Why would Thor throw lightning bolts? That's Zeus' gimmick

Are you retarded?

that armor better have a fucking point

HOLY SHIT NUMALES LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH

JUST HAND IN YOUR SHOE LACES

Do you hate brushing your teeth too?

Only children can hate something as innocuous as a haircut. Just out of curiosity, why do you hate it?

yea, but the old cartoons are the most stupid shit ever when it comes to depict characters and their canon habilities.
I always see "flying" as a negative point when it comes to superhero characters. It works with winged people like Hawkgirl or Bumblebee, magic/space shit users like Green Lantern/Doctor Fate, ultratech guys like Blue Beetle/Rocketeer and air-based heroes like Red Tornado.
It also works with some guys like Superman or Doctor Manhattan since they are very much god figures. But I find boring if people like Hulk, WW or, let's say, Cyclops, suddenly flies. It´s like they made the character less unique.
Also sometimes I feel that flying is only a thing desirable to jerks willing to make his character wins in a who vs who match, wich I don´t care a shit.

same here, why would Aquaman throw water blasts? that's a Poseidon thing.(or a Blastoise one)
and yea, hidrokinesis is covered by pretty much everyone else at the aquafamily.

Right? Snyder knows what he's doing when he casts a movie.

Just gotta roll with it, accept WW has no thighs /ass/tits and move on.

This. If there's one thing from this movie that looks good, it's Aquaman. He'll probably steal the show

nobody asked this nor cares

the thing is in the past I was pretty jerk with this kind of stuff. If the character didn't match the color of eyes/hair of its comic counterpart, the movie was dead to me. I never gave Constantine a chance just because of that. Then I understood it´s not matching the facial features what makes an adaptation faithful, not even having the perfect suit (I mean, look at The Amazing Spiderman 2 costume)
Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, Momoa and Miller are people that literally owns each of their characters, you can even see wich particular period or arc they are taking as inspiration.
In time I even frown at Bale's Batman because I feel that character less Bruce Wayne than Batfleck, wich is pretty revealing since Bale had an amazing trilogy to work with and Affleck has only partial protagonist and a cameo in two very divisible-opinion films.

>mfw Bestlad has made it's way from the animated series to the comics.

>Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, Momoa and Miller are people that literally owns each of their characters, you can even see wich particular period or arc they are taking as inspiration.
And periods would they be? I'm curious

It´s amazing we have that Aqualad AND Tempest at the same period
>mfw they took the atlanteans tattoos from Kaldur and give then to DCEU Arthur and Rebirth Garth

Cavill Supes is very close to Azarello depiction of the character on For Tomorrow, constantly worried about what means to be Supes, thinking about the political consequences of his acts, and showing a lot of angst when people go full retard questioning him/following him like crazy instead of seeing him as a beacon of hope
Affleck is pretty obvious since 80% of BvS was just a younger version of a Milleresque Bats, only less fascist. I´m curious to see his evolution on JL, since at the end of BvS he was a far more "standard" Batman.
With WW is hard to choose and exact comic/arc since the only thing she does in BvS is fight like a beast and stand for lawful good (wich she does pretty much always) so I´ll just say her pre-new52 take, because she looks like very aware of his Diana Prince alter ego (new52 Diana was more like an ancient greek child in the middle of the modern days)
Arthur, as I said in another thread,sounded and acted in the trailers like modern Aquaman, specially the young Arthur prior to contemporary days during the nre52 run, when he was leading The Others. He was a totally dare-devil leader, arrogant and fierce as fuck (to the point of putting at risk his comrades lives) Some years later, in Justice League book (still like 5 years before the Aquaman book) he was a little bit more calm, but still arrogant as hell. He showed up in front of the Justice League, saved everyone else life summoning a fucking army of sharks, and then he goes pic related

Im sorry about the Flash, I read only a few crossovers and his JL stuff, but it reminds me of modern Barry, specially the JL: War/ Throne of Atlantis one.

He is probably a neet lardass that never wants to leave his mom's basement

>"Not Thor" Original the Character.

>Aquaman
>works well in land
Huh?

Please let's not fight over husbandos

Momoa looks like the guy that just breaks into the party and start getting all the bitches attention, but you can´t be mad at him because he's also a nice bro as fuck.

>Batman
>he also performs well among humans
WAT

Thanks user, this is pretty interesting. I'm not really that into comic books but I like knowing things like this when it comes to adaptations.

>when the fight starts
>these shit punches

youtube.com/watch?v=FEHFqI2ZCM4

instagram.com/p/BQLsl5qAVMe/

>brown cunt as aquaman

niggers cant swim lol wtf

Yeah, what with a trident and swimming in the ocean. Also tan-skinned and with black hair.
Classic norse god Thor.

>going through this many hoops to try and justify race-swapping

DCucks isn't just a meme after all.

its the attitude and presence moron. clearly not the powerset

>I imagine these actors as my friends and I don't feel alone anymore so based haha
Your average DCuck, ladies.

>little girls with chokers

He's superstrong and durable as a prerequisite to his swimming faster than a torpedo and ability to withstand the pressures of the deep ocean

>its the attitude and presence moron.
You saw like 2 scenes with him. You're an idiot looking for poses. He's still not even in the ballpark of what Thor should look like, a fucking Norse god.
I bet you furiously masturbated to Idris Elba playing Heimdall, you fat mangirl.

Dex.

Explain Lex Luthor

Isn't Thor, white

Actually isn't Aquaman white too

What type of ladies are you hanging with?

>who's in charge here?

this cant be happening!

>projecting

>he didn't read birthright

no problem pal. DC films have their things as movies, but as adaptations they are stupidly great.

>that failed hemsworth on the far left

What's with the fucking color grading again? Whoever does DP for these movies needs to have his hands removed.

Basically this Remember the last time you visited a warnerbros park and saw DC characters? or the last time you saw some DC shit on merchandise/advertising (i mean in mass products, not geek stuff)? Usually companies sell/advertise those products with:
A: the most iconic image of a character (red trunks supes, neil adams bats...)
B:the most recent/most massive take on the character (Bale Bats, the Disney-owned marvel character...)
the crazy thing is when you see some normie shit and suddenly is new52 Supes or Bats, instead of the most classic/famous design, that piece of media is looking at you like saying: yea, people won´t notice we put the time of depicting me like I really are nowadays, but fuck it, they still get who I am so who cares"

DCEU feels mostly like this. As a fun you get absurd ammounts of this, even in fucking massive movies that theorically should conquer normies hearts. And suddenly they go with a comic acurate, not normie-friendly bats, or they fucking give you a glimpse of the Multiverse, with an alternate reality that fucking looks like Injustice, with a Supes Regime and Batman as the leader of the resistance, or a Flash that looks straight outta Flashpoint, trying to change the past because his future is a mess.
I mean, I aprecciate MCU (even tought I don´t like the extreme normies concessions they make to be mass appealing) but man, they made like 16 fucking movies, and they didn´t even care about showing all the possibilities of the Marvel Universe, they repeat the same template with different characters, it´s like having a full universe of 16 Reynold's Green Lantern, but changing heroes.

projecting what?

>deeper meaning
What was the meaning there? "Buy at sears"?

this. I don't know if I like Aquadrogo

>as a fun
*as a fan*, sorry pal.
fucking phone.

they keep trying to push this guy but it will just be another failure for him

>every point listed on the Marvel list in a single post
Fucking done

>And suddenly they go with a comic acurate, not normie-friendly bats
Proof that the DCEU crowd is nothing but mental patients and retards with OCD. They spout shit like this nonchalantly while Batman murders a crowd Frank Castle style.

>it's a good thing to be hard for mass audiences to like

Sup Forums logic

>but m-muh list
Go have your breakdown elsewhere, garbage-lad.