I really disliked this movie. There was no real payoff, and no character was likable. The scenery felt token...

I really disliked this movie. There was no real payoff, and no character was likable. The scenery felt token, and the drama felt forced. Is it really bad, or am I missing something?

I think your father missed. He tried to squirt you into the trashcan and hit your mothers revolting cunt instead.

>I really disliked this movie

I thought the movie was utter shit, too. Glad to see I'm not alone.

It was way better than Tyrone unchained

I really liked this movie. There was a huge payoff, and most characters were likable. The scenery looked great, and the drama felt natural. Is it really good, or am I missing something?

I would even say it is Tarantino's worst. I just could not enjoy it. It felt dull and plodding and underwhelming.

Yeah, you're missing good taste.

Tarantino's worst, by far, is Deathproof.

Then it's a tie between Tyrone Unchained and The Pitiful Eight for second worst.

It's a return to form for tarrantino and one of his best, but it's really more of a play than a movie and if you don't like plays you won't like it.

Deathproof only ever gets a pass because of the "muh it was filmed in 24 hours" meme.

It's shit. One of his worst

Someone give me a reason why Michael Madsen was even in this movie. Or Tim Roth for that matter. They did literally nothing.

>The Hateful Eight
>There are 10 people in the cabin

I liked it, but I'm a sucker for "people in a room talking"-core films. The whodunnit style was fun, and it gave Tarantino a chance to do a bunch of snappy dialogue (his other strong suit) rather than violence and random moments.

Also Walton Goggins is one of my favorite actors.

I don't think H8 is one of his best, but it's definitely above Deathproof, Django and KB Pt. 2.

>There was no real payoff, and no character was likable
Thank you, this board really needed an ultrapleb's opinion on hateful eight right now. Great thread.

too much flowery repetitive dialogue. they could've cut 45 minutes from this movie and it would've been much better. not to mention the central intrigue is not interesting because you immediately suspect everyone in the cabin is in on it and surprise, they are. the flashback was too long and should've been cut completely. also for a movie that's about people trapped with each other in a cabin they didn't utilize the outside storm in any interesting way at all. there's some great stuff in there like everything with Walton Goggins but it's just so drawn out and unsatisfying

>and no character was likable
why people insist on using this """argument"""?

>called "the hateful eight"
>OP complains the characters weren't likeable

Really makes the cranium corelate!

I enjoyed parts of it, but I was in a theater with nice recliners for seats and I was getting pretty sleepy and bored by the end of it.

It's not very memorable.

Glad im not the only one

>There was no real payoff
What kind of payoff were you expecting?

He plays video games. What did you expect?

>shoots in 70mm
>besides the opening scenes of the beautiful mountains the entire movie is in a tiny cabin

Say it with me: H A C K

Was it actually filmed in 24 hours? This is the first I heard of it. Doesn't excuse the boring writing.