Buenos Aires was a false flag.

All the shitty squeals that followed.

Them squeals... my god them squeals.

worst busey

>not posting best grill

Her forehead.

Truly execrable "acting".

she aged badly

I read the book after all you faggots recommended it.

IT WAS BORING

It ripped off Halo

>It ripped off Halo

It's in my top 3 movies, the only flaw I can think of is Denise Richards' acting, especially when and after she gets impaled by the bug.

The book is basically 70% of them talking in a fucking classroom, did you get trolled into thinking it was anything else than that?

>tfw Rico was originally a shitty Filipino
disgust. glad they made him a white Argie.

I literally just finished watching it for the first time. I thought it was a fun sci-fi action movie. What is all this discussion about fascism and satire?

People mistake Heinlein's views as being pro-fascist when he isn't. Because of that the movie is a satire of those supposed views.

people thought the movie was promoting fascism.
retarded I know.

>best girl
denise richards was 11/10

I thought it would be something like 40-50%. Even the drops and combat were made monotonous by the military lingo. I'd be fine with all the classroom stuff if it was more than just basic meritocratic tenants. Who tf enjoys this kind of book?!

bugs == people
What was Doogie but a brain bug? In the book he even guided them telepathically, just like a brain bug.

>monotonous
Not that guy but that's what I felt too, the opening chapter was like a stream-of-consciousness wanking over his weapons and technology, I don't know if it was shit sci-fi or references to real military things for jarheads but it didn't grip me and I put it down.

>ywn impregnate Denise Richards

just end my life already, lord

>Rico registered as KIA
>comes back to life days later

Rico is literally Jesus.

This man is practically immortal. He keeps getting better looking.

this movie is pure fucking kino, unappreciated in its time by retarded critics and plebs alike.

Good man. I finished it out of spite, hoping there would be some kind of payoff. Needless to say, there was not.

He pays for it with large chunks of karma ripped from the dead flesh of his career.

>Rico's dad in the movie
Liberal whiny pussy who is against the military and dies in a fire

>Rico's dad in the book
Enlists in the military and later serves under his son

Book is better.

>You will never suck on Dizzy's bushy pussy

He totally got monkeypawed

>I wish to look good forever
>Done, but now you will only star in terrible C-List movies

Kek. This. Prime Denise Richards is on the level of a Michelangelo sculpture.

I don't disagree. I wasn't a fan of the movie either.

Busey Jr is literally incapable of being in a good movie

It was probably the same witch doctor who conned the other protagonists in the cast.

It pretends women can be vaguely competent in combat positions.

... But why?

Identity (2003) was good. Contact (1996) was good.

It's the only blu-ray I own that won't load.

The moon is a harsh mistress adaptation when?

Brianna Wu directing.

feel like if verhoeven wanted to do the "this movie is in-universe propaganda" then he should have actually gone all the way: shoot it hand-held, helmet cams, etc, Cloverfield style. but it was made a couple decades before good, small HD cameras existed

if you want to do something like that, then the in-universe stuff has to show that the facist government is Bad And Fascist, not by shoving your face in it, starship troopers-style, but by including weird details that make sense in canon, but are weird to the viewer: like in Robot Jox, where the main character can't read, and how most women are constantly pregnant so the US can outbreed the USSR

also there weren't enough titties. I give this movie 4/10, do better

kek
>buying blu-rays

>feel like if verhoeven wanted to do the "this movie is in-universe propaganda" then he should have actually gone all the way: shoot it hand-held, helmet cams, etc, Cloverfield style
I don't think you understand what propaganda is.

>by including weird details that make sense in canon, but are weird to the viewer
You have to serve in the military to be considered a citizen
Only citizens are allowed to have children

There's other ways to become a citizen but serving in the military guarantees citizenship

The other methods were never mentioned, and "guarantees" is telling in that those other methods may not work and you'll have to do military service anyway.

And that doesn't negate the fact that you were wrong because you were too busy wanking during the shower scene.

I'm not the user you were responding to, not sure what i was wrong about

And maybe but that's entirely your conjecture regarding citzenship

Put your hand on that wall.

GOVERNMENT LIED BEST GIRL DIED

That's some pretty fucking amazing cgi for 97

the movie explicitly states that "this is a government produced film" but there are many scenes with camera angles that would have been impossible to produce in the real world. breaks immersion. if the movie wants me to take it seriously as an in-universe cultural artifact, then it has to obey its own rules

Woah, it's almost as if this propaganda... isn't real. Someone should call the government and warn them.

It's mostly models.

The fact that the only reason your talking about this movie now is because your husbandos talked about it.

>argentina
>white

Save my state! Please don't let "her" get elected!

its the future. everyone is white.

The redhead's tits were kinda small

I would pay an absolutely exorbitant amount of money to own that.

Yeah they were alright but didnt make me go YOWZA

>All those ships probably got thrown in the trash and burned

they looked bigger under the tight black t-shirt she was wearing. i'll never trust hollywood again.

I like to think the guys who made them got to keep them. The big ones in some guys garage or something.

I'd like to think so too but most studios are assholes about that stuff and won't let people take them.

It is among the very worst movies that I have ever seen, I could not bring myself to finish it all the way through (I got bored near the end and walked back in only just in time to hear the horribly stupid "it's afraid" chestnut, further confirming my correct opinion of this shit), and I immediately and automatically think less of people who like this movie at all. That goes triple for most of Sup Forums, who seem to have a generally positive opinion of the flick.

How's that, fucko?

You lament the theoretical destruction of everything to do with one of the worst films ever made.

Starship Troopers is absolute, one hundred percent F-minus dogshit, and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Fucking fight me. Protip: you can't.

You'll grow up eventually.

you probably thought it was serious.

I've been grown. The movie is shit.

Whatever you have to tell yourself. It fails on both levels.

Haha. Okay, kid.

Heinlein might not have been a fascist himself but the book certainly was. The federation ticks every box of what makes a fascist government.

It was a meritocratic system.

the actual attractive woman died and the whore lived

>DUDE FASCISM IS BAD DID U KNOW
>Tacking the name of a classic sci-fi novel onto a non-related script

>the book was boring
Jesus, I knew Sup Forums had some shit opinions but you fuckers take the cake.

The beginning chapter is fucking fantastic, and does a near perfect job of describing the kinds of feelings that happen before a combat jump- the kind with parachutes we do now.

The whole book nails down a lot of general feelings about what it's like to be in the military. If you can't appreciate I don't know what to say to you. Apart from your opinions being objectively shit because it's considered a classic.

Just because it's accurate doesn't make it an engaging read. Not sure why someone would care exactly what it feels like to enter combat unless they're getting ready to enter military service. And even if that's the feeling I'm looking to understand, I'd much rather hear about it in the context of an actual event. No need for all the hostility.

>guys this work of fiction isn't boring
>just look how much detail goes into describing these feelings for an entire chapter

Yeah, okay, but the book and story itself is uninteresting and boring to read, so who gives a damn? You sound like those cinematography autists who think boring, badly written movies are good if there are just enough scenes that you can pull pretty-looking stills from.

What you're describing as being so good might be interesting from an academic perspective, or for someone interested in examining the technical aspects of writing about certain things, but that doesn't automatically make the book overall enjoyable or interesting, it might still be a boring work of fiction.

user didn't say the book was bad or that it was not technically sound or that the author had poor writing skills. He just said the book was boring.

Formations are employed to maximize defensive weapons.

If you have fuck all for defensive platforms (or simply do not use them), formation flying/sailing is stupid.

Our carriers today have fuckall for immediate defensive weapons, but they have the rest of their carrier strike group to protect it.

Very few movies do space combat well when it comes to capital ships because the people making the fights can't think three dimensionally.

Pleb.

Was kinda boring but still well made for what it was.

It was a good film but the book is better and far more nuanced, which I guess is why millennial tranny leftists prefer the film. It's also not a very good attempted satire of fascism

Please tell me I'm not the one who always try the "Keep your arms behind your back and blindfold you with your own t-shirt" thing.

I never get it right though

fpbp

my favorite film theory, all the evidence lines up

Bitch on the left

Life imitates art

youtu.be/oSjOhdb0WHg