Admit it, you like Jedi slightly more than the other two

Admit it, you like Jedi slightly more than the other two

I'll admit to that.

The throne room scene is one of my favorite scenes in any Star Wars movie, plus the green lightsaber is GOAT

It has the best part in the entire series(luke vader emperor) and also the worst part (jabbas palace).

It's always been my favorite; Luke's rescue is GOAT, Ewoks don't bother me, and Luke vs Vader is the best lightsaber duel in the entire saga

star wars>the empire strikes back>return of the jedi
the prequels are ironically watchable as ''so bad they are good'' but still trash.
disney nu-wars is utter garbage with no redeemable qualities at all.

No, I liked the first part better because it was something new and exciting, I liked the second part better than the first because it took it into a cooler and darker place.

The third (jedi) brought nothing new, and those damn ewoks sucked.

>Jabba's Palace
>worst part
Euhuahuahaha! Stop watching the SE then.

Sorry, Empire has it beat. But Jedi does have the absolute best space battle of the series, and the best duel.

Dude, Jabba's Palace is kind of bad. It's just sort of there to wrap up the plot thread of the previous movie.

I don't need to admit anything because it is the best movie of the original trilogy.

>Original Star Wars
>something new and exciting
It was just a modern update to the Flash Gordon serials but without using Flash Gordon characters.

>Third and final movie wraps up plot threads
>This is bad
Yeah man, Jedi would have totally been better if they never went to rescue Han from the Carbonite, never finished off the Rebellion vs. Empire plot, and never kept Luke's promise he would return to Dagobah.

>star wars>the empire strikes back>return of the jedi

Literally this

they all have great moments, you fags and your pathetic fucking obsession with ranking everything disgusts me.

They're all too dated for me now. Rogue one has spoiled me.

Why are you intentionally misrepresenting his post? What do you gain from this?

>Dude, Jabba's Palace is kind of bad. It's just sort of there to wrap up the plot thread of the previous movie.
kill yourself

Based poster

It was badly done and had nothing to do with the rest of the movie, dickweeds.

Also Boba Fett goes out like a bitch.

always have, always will.

idk, I'm too old to play favorites but I do think it's great.

It sure as hell was the best of the SNES trilogy. that game fucking ruled.

VI > IV > V > RO > VII > II > III > I

had an ewok poster on my door when i was little

>badly done

>mysterious atmosphere
>cool aliens
>excellent practical jabba
>best luke
>rancor
Is this what it's like to be a 90's born queer.

>It sure as hell was the best of the SNES trilogy
you're right about that user. It just kept getting better as it went on.

>this thread
>durr jabba's palace sucked!

what the flying fuck.

wow, it's only like they reference it all the time in the first two movies. christ, Empire Strikes back is like predicated entirely on Han having a huge bounty on his head...what kind of a fucking retard doesn't see the logic in wrapping up his "i'm a smuggler, i get in trouble" story arc.

It also does the perfect job in showing off how far Luck has gone in his training, he's finally become a force to be reckoned with. He's got real strength and a plan to help his friend. it's fucking great.

God damn that entire sequence is absolutely, unironically kino. The score, the emotional weight lent to it from the prior two movies, Hamill's performance, the cinematography, it all lends to one another to make an absolutely flawless minute or two of film.

Shame about the rest of the movie.

>>this thread
one faggot

It's a bad segment, kid.

what's so bad about it?

Are you guys idiots? Jabba's shit palace wasn't what was wrong. It was the entire battle with the fucking teddy bears that ruined it

when I was a kid, I loved the ewoks

Now that Im an adult, I love the ewoks

I wish the ewoks did more to help win the final battle, like maybe summon some monsters? Are Ewoks seriously the apex predator on this planet? but other wise, yea, ROTJ was awesome. Best Luke, best star fight, best villains, its my fav.

The correct OT ranking:

ROTJ>New Hope=Empire Strikes Back

Fuck no, it's almost as bad as the prequels. Han Solo doesn't even do anything.

Always. Jedi is the big shitty payoff at the end.

well there were also teeks, yuzzums, and dulocks

>The indigenous race that populated the forest moon of Endor was originally conceived as a slithery band of reptilian lizard creatures, which would have served the story well – the evil Empire being brought down by something equally scary and slimy (but fundamentally misunderstood.) Lucas got skittish, though, and changed them to the lovable Ewoks – essentially Native American teddybears, ready to be snapped up and snuggled by countless children the world over. The laws of ‘Return of the Jedi’ weren’t governed by art or common sense or the needs and requirements of the screenplay – the revenue generated from action figures, boxes of novelty cereal and pajamas governed them.

Jedi is the most memorable, but Empire is the best film.

nah
V>IV>RO>VI>VII>III>I>II

>Also Boba Fett goes out like a bitch.
Ah, I see. You're one of THOSE people.

fuck off rankingsfag and kill yourself for including disney shit in your rankings

>Being this buttblasted over someone's opinions
Inb4 fuck off

Jedi is at its best when it focuses on Luke. His struggle during the last third of the film ranks among the best this franchise has to offer. Jabba's Palace is fun, though it could afford to have a few minutes removed. Han probably should have died. It would have raised the stakes and forced Abrams to be more original with TFA. As neat as the incomplete Death Star II looks, the filmmakers really should have explored new ideas. This is the most uneven of the Original Trilogy and ultimately the weakest. However, it has yet to be surpassed by any subsequent SW film.

When I was younger I did.

I still might if the Ewoks didn't offend me so much.

why do you 90's born queers have to rank everything? can't you just enjoy the series, they all have good and bad parts

somehow the movie started better than the other two. this whole "desert" theme somehow activated my almonds.

its even better than Raiders since it's more developed as a location.

I don't know what it is,like I know empire is the better movie but I like rotj more

most of the iconic star wars stuff is from return of the jedi

Im pretty sure most of the iconic star wars stuff is from Star Wars.

When I think "iconic Star Wars" i think A New Hope and the Vader/Luke scene in Empire

maybe iconic wasn't the right word but most of the stuff that remained popular for the next 20 years featured in return of the jedi

true

Honestly, the only flaws were replacing wookies with teddy bears and making Death Star 2 Electric Boogaloo instead of something with different stakes (Say, a Death Star that just eradicates all life on the planet leaving its resources to be plundered instead of destroying it outright). Otherwise it's the perfect fusion of the adventurous feel of the original Star Wars with the expanded world and stakes of Empire.

>Han gets punished and goes blind
>Leia being impetuous and hot
>Luke rising to each occasion

Master Jedi, I'm P.I.G

kek I forgot about gammorean CIA

reddit, i'm Sup Forums

I would disagree. It's pretty even between empire and Jedi

Hothead, I'm you

Best mattes?

Its second act is dead weight. Needed something to better tie the story together.

Best creatures aside from the Ewok.

>best aliens
>best ships
>best villain
>force lightning

Yuzzum

OOH NEE TAY

Do you think they compiled a list of nightmares for the first act?

and they both come from endor

SE fag.

There's one in the original too.

And who wouldn't love that?

fucking casual

Well that's what I mean, I think it would've worked better if the rebels actually had some mystery to solve instead of just being a shitty rehash. The plot from Jabba's Palace boils down to "It's another Death Star, we'll outsmart and defeat it in almost exactly the same way except we get bigger ships." It relegates the second act to being nothing but a means to reach the climax and shitting around the woods with one of the least interesting alien designs of all time.

i still don't understand how lucas managed to do it. this scene is not just the best of the entire star wars cinematic universe, but miles ahead of anything lucas had or will ever do. it was like kurosawa himself directed it. how can a man responsible for darth maul, general grievous, count dooku shit tier non-emotional CGI fests have created something so beautiful?

>The plot from Jabba's Palace boils down to "It's another Death Star,

I meant after it, nigger.

And no, I didn't like the plot of nigger awakens

yep. that whole bit about the emperor trying to kill darth vader and convert luke was the best.

ooh this guy loves saying the N word
watch out guys we got a badass here

>And no, I didn't like the plot of nigger awakens
what the fuck reddit? i didn't even mention that

Worst part of the series is the Ewok village and Ewoks in general.

Lucas didn't direct it. You have Richard Marquand to thank for it.

shut the fuck up you little queer

Was the force referring to the new Jedi or to the Order?

>nothing to do with the rest of the movie
Neither did the Bounty Hunter subplot on ESB or Han's need to pay off Jabba in ANH.

yup

I really liked everything about the movie except for Endor. Otherwise it's great.

Jedi was my favorite as a child.... there's a lot of shit in that movie that aims for a young audience (Jabba's palace, ewoks) that seems ridiculous as you get older.

As an adult, A New Hope strikes me as distinctly the best.

And Empire, though good, in my opinion, is a step down from the other two.

I love rotj more but Hoth battle>>>>>>>battle of endor

Despite the fact that the jabbas palace is cool with some character progressions and etc it doesnt make any sense and it always trigger me

First lando is accepeted as part of the jabbas crew
Then leias appear offering chewi as a prisioner and gets caught
After that the androids offer themselfs
In the end lukes appears, fall in a shit trap, almost die to the rancor and then we learn that the plan was to shoot their way out almost dying in the sarlacc pit...

Wasn't the idea of the planet being Kashyyk and the Empire being defeated by Wookies also bandied about?

RotJ has always been my favourite desu
It's the patrician choice

>you share a board with "people" that think any of the SW movies are anything but complete garbage that was only notable at the time for the great special effects

shut up twat

As a child but harmless lightsabers and castrated beta Han ruin it for adult viewing. g

I still don't understand how some of you autists still don't know that Lucas didn't direct V and VI.

Truth hurts pleb?

It's slightly better than a new hope, but I still think empire is slightly better than jedi

ok cunt where do u live ill show u something that hurts

Childhood is when you adore the ewoks
edgy teens is when you think the ewoks are dumb
Adulthood is when you actually fucking listened to Yoda in empire and accept the ewoks for the kino pottery that they are

Hi guys, quick request.
I'm banned from Sup Forums at the moment for saying take a look at these dubs with a picture of David Byrne from talking heads, which was unrelated to the thread.
So I was wondering if one of you guys could start this thread for me. Just post pic related with the subject "ITT: Underrated Masterpieces"
Thanks!