I liked this show but the critics didn't, was it because the main character is an able bodied CIS white man?

I liked this show but the critics didn't, was it because the main character is an able bodied CIS white man?

that was part of it sure. the other part was a terrible script with shitty dialogue

It was of a similar quality to all the other shows.
It's probably my favourite.

yes leftist racists decided if it involves martial arts. then it has to be an asian actor because all asians know martial arts and only asians

no, it was because he was an able bodied CIS white manlet.

>terrible writing
>terrible performances
>terrible cinematography
>boring action sequences
Danny was so fucking retarded it actually infuriated me, of all the capeshit I've seen there's not been anything quite this shitty

Most certainly. It's miles better than Luke Cage anyway.

let's be honest here
up to the episode where he escaped the mental hospital this is the best marvel netflix show. Daredevil has never managed to capture that kind of tension, despite trying really hard to be grimdark.

Nice try shills, your patron saint comes off as a shitty Bernout.

Like the kind of faggot who spent a couple months backpacking through Southeast Asia and came back raving about alternative Eastern medicine and karmic chakras and DUDE WEED LMAO EXPAND YO MIND. I realize he's supposed to be all zen and shit but then on top of it he acts like a dipshit tool who gets pissed off easily and has zero charisma to make up for it.

Seriously, whose idea was it to write him as a McDojo hippie douchebag? And Fuccboi Tyrell also brings zero gravitas as an actor.

If you actually like this queef you're probably the exact type of autistic douchebag I'm talking about.

>mc is literally "the best martial artist in the marvel universe"
>show has the worst fight scenes of any marvel show

Except they hired a guy who literally knows no martial arts to play a martial artist

How does Daredevil stack up against the other defenders?
They've all got super strength (Danny through the Fist), whereas all Daredevil has are great senses, but it seems like Danny basically has the same thing, plus healing powers.
Isn't Daredevil just outclassed by the others...

>spend ~ 20 years in exile
>go back but don't even consider ppl will have trouble thinking you are real
>get mad at really stupid shit and instantly forget a decade worth of meditation and training

This guy is so fucking retarded. He makes no sense

he has a law degree
that counts for a lot in the real world.

daredevil has prep time

I would think the critics wrote why they didn't like it.

> tomatometer 18%
> hey Sup Forums this show isn't that bad

> audience reviews 82%
> I hate this show now

The contrarian "meme"

It was Ok, better than anything on network TV for sure.

The story lagged a bit at the start, and the action scenes were meh. But I can't say Luke Cage or FJ were masterpieces, yet all the top SJW "critics" gave those high marks solely due to muh representation.

Mother fucker better learn some damn martial arts before the defenders

kek

>welp, here I am in the USA again, where's the first person I should go? my dad's office of course! that's where my childhood friends who definitely shouldn't presume I'm dead for any reason be, I can't wait to break into their workplace!
>hey instead of telling you some random fact only I could know I'm just gonna repeat myself like a fucking retard and wait to be prompted BY one of you to really try to convince you I am who I say I am
>hmm, a mental hospital sounds like a great place to hammer on about a mythical city in the himilayas only I know about! what?? you're not letting me go??? but why??
I stopped watching after the second episode, you can't have your MC act like this and give next to no reason for it

I'm about 7 episodes in so far and don't get me wrong I enjoy the show and I think it is one of the better capeshit shows on tv right now but...

>the fighting choreography and cutting is awful, it's even extra glaring because it's supposed to be a martial arts show
>watching the iron twink fight is laughable, take the scene where he is effeminately beating on some dudes face for 15s and you see how they cgi his fists
>for some reason the iron twink reminds me of Will Forte with his delivery, you see him have short semi-laughing exhales and head twists with smirks that makes serious moments comedic
>again the fighting is comically bad for a martial arts show seems like no one actually knows martial arts?, take a look at the new season of Into the Badlands, compare them both to a Jackie Chan fight scene and you can recognize how abysmal the fighting in the iron fist is
>drunken boxer, do I need to say more

I agree with you, but he lived with monks (that probably didn't speak english in the source material I'm going to assume) since he was 10~ years old, his life was Cum-Lan, daily he would connect with his monks and nature and live in Cum-Land

The main character wasnt able bodied, not even in slightest.

>white neckbeard
>anime powers
>also a billionaire
>gets his 3D dojo master waifu
>loses his virginity in his mid 20s
theres something that really hits home about this show but i can't figure out what it is

People don't fucking understand this show. It's very simple... Iron Fist is a fucking 10 year old. Yeah, he has the body of a grown man and the combat capabilities of a trained superninja but his fucking mental capacity is that of a 10 year olds. Everything he does in this show is what a 10 year old would do. Once you view the show in this way it not only becomes extremely entertaining but also it makes complete sense. Also, Ward is the best character just FYI for your information.

I am liking it so far but some of the political business shit is retarded. What kind of rational person is bothered about charging for a drug despite the charge not actually preventing anyone from receiving it?
Also I'm bored of the Hand, they shouldn't have put it in DD and saved it for this

so your saying he's /ourguy/

Pretty much everything you can say about the show. And I think the same.
But of course is retarded. He was rised in a sort of mistic monastery far from civilation. He's naive... i liked that point.

harold was ourguy

james franco stole the show honestly. if it wasn't for him i would have never made it through

I get this but they literally didn't touch on it at all, like they didn't give him any real sense of "whimsy" (unless that's what they were going for and in which case it didn't come off at all) nor did they really explain it, it really could just be poor writing, which is what I'm more inclined to believe when the rest of the script is garbage.
It's just really hard to believe he could get on a plane to the US and acquire a fake passport but has zero fucking common sense, I can't even tell what he wants from those people.

I found it really boring to be honest. Ward's early scenes especially, got a little more interesting as it went along though, as did the rest of the show. Still not worth the 11 or so hours of my life I wasted it on it

You chatter like monkeys....Flips black kid over in dojo.

They are literally saying that is why they hate it.

It's okay. Daredevil is better. Jessica Jones was also better, but only because it had a much better villain. Iron Fist is much better than Luke Cage, which is weird because LC had a better actor chosen for the lead. But the pacing on Luke Cage was just soooo damn slow, and the black man's burden angle seemed like its only note (which they played non-stop).

The main gripe I have with Iron Fist is that Loras doesn't seem like he knows any martial arts at all and isn't very physical as an actor. Seriously, anyone with any coordination at all could pull off better choreography after about two-weeks of training. What kind of actor in 2017 isn't practicing multiple martial arts in their spare time, just in case?

It's going to make Defenders look awkward when the team's martial artist is the least competent-looking fighter of the bunch.

>the pacing on Luke Cage was just soooo damn slow
sorry m8 it's literally black people time

Yes. Find me a negative review that doesn't mention skin color of him or who should have played the main character.

While it has flaws with some aspects of the story, its a decent show.

DD S1>DD S2 (Punisher plot)>Iron Fist>DD S2 (rest of season)>LC>>>>>>dogshit>JJ

>Rich white dude calls black kids monkeys
>buys hot Asian chick's building so he can more easily harass her
>steals company his childhood friends spent over a decade building up and quickly proceeds to work on bankrupting it with whimsical decisions.

How is he not the villain of this story?

you're mom is the villain cuntbucket

Honestly, my mom would probably be a more interesting villain than magic ninjas.

>DD S1>DD S2 (Punisher plot)>Iron Fist>DD S2 (rest of season)>LC>>>>>>dogshit>JJ

Put the JJ stuff with Kilgrave ahead of DD S2 (rest of season) and I agree 100%.

This. I'm so fucking tired of ninjas.

Also, Danny's mom will be the villain in Defenders

why do they keep going back to the fucking ninjas the quality plummets whenever they show up

>the other part was a terrible script with shitty dialogue
And terrible acting by the lead. And most of everyone else. And really boring action scenes. And not understanding that Claire is awesome as the bit player who shows up, lays down some attitude and leaves, but should never be a main character.

Fucking disaster all around.