Will we ever see a live adaption of the Christ Myth theory?

Will we ever see a live adaption of the Christ Myth theory?

A theory that Christianity began by a group of educated scholars back in the 1st century who decided to make up Jesus Christ and steal beliefs from Pagans religions like Ancient Egypt? There is more to this theory that such as the Old Testament commandments also being stolen from Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead commandments and that Moses was actually an Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh or someone of high power who fled Egypt with a group of people and made up his own religion.

Is it possible for this type of film to be released in this day and age?

Imagine a film which states the truth about how the Islamic belief of Jesus Christ not being crucified began: by it being stolen from a 2nd century Christian Gnostic text and being inserted into the Muslim's holy book and now they regard it as actual truth.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/140767141
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sorry my english is crap here

>by a group of educated scholars
Don't you just mean Paul?

>Don't you just mean Paul?
Well some believe that those who wrote the New Testament were not just 1 but many of course.

The different styles of writing and contradictions.

Not saying this theory is 100% true. Different authors writing about Jesus I guess proves that a Jesus did exist of some sort but anyway it would be interesting to see the Christ Myth theory filmed.

Paul was supposedly the central figure in creating what we know as christianity.

That sounds quite stupid.

Most of the historical writings of Jesus were fabrications and forgeries written well after Christ supposidely died.

Also, Paul's works were chronologically written before the canonical gospels of Christ (Mark, Matthew, Luke, John) and not ONCE mentions an Earth-Jesus, only a mythical one. Why would a guy who was born roughly half a century after Christ walked the earth not mention him doing so?

It's probably way close to the truth than the pile of garbage by committee we call the Holy Bible today.

>inb4 autist atheiest

t. theology minor

>A theory that Christianity began by a group of educated scholars back in the 1st century who decided to make up Jesus Christ and steal beliefs from Pagans religions like Ancient Egypt?

Yeah, I'm sure a cabal of scholars literally "stole" these ideas, rather than that whole influencing one another thing that humanity has done thoroughout time.

Normies shouldn't discuss history.

Then explain why the new testament is written in Greek and it's prose/structure strongly suggests it was written by someone highly educated in Greek writing -- which at the time was the best in the land.

The Man from Earth is probably the closest you will ever get. It replaces the idea of (((scholars))) with someone who doesn't age but it still paints much of what we know about Jesus being a result of mythology creation.

>Christ Myth theory

I think this is more or less accepted as fact these days but I raise serious question with how your source appears to approach this. It is simply reductionist to assume that a group of 1st century scholars created all this from Egyptian belief's given it ignores the complexity of religious development and how Egypt was itself influenced by its neighbours much as Christianity was.

The best way I think to approach this issue is through Campbell's monomyth
vimeo.com/140767141

>I think this is more or less accepted as fact these days
It isn't, but whatever.

Do you even know what the New Testament is? You do realize that no one claims it's written by Jesus or whatever you think. There's nothing odd that it's written in Greek.

Mystery Babylon

heres to (you)

Not him but the New Testament we have may simply be the edition that came to dominate. If we went far into the future you might see a similar belief having taken hold regarding the King James Bible.

Greek was of course the lingua franca of the region at the time so it seems logical that the religion would spread using it.

No scholar genuinely believes Christ wrote anything. It's dubious if he was even literate given his upbringing.

It's not that it's just written in Greek. It's written in educated Greek, someone who was trained to specifically tell a certain kinds of stories. I haven't even gotten into Euhemerization yet.

As I said before, it was written in educated Greek. A non-citizen peasant (jews) at the time were unlikely to be educated to write in Greek. Possible, but still unlikely. And again there is the issue of the greek practice of Euhemerization. The practice of placing mythical (divine) figures in history, a very common greek practice.

I do not claim to know the truth, but I honestly believe I am closer to the truth than the status-quo propagated today.

Autist Atheist
T. Double major in philosophy and theology

You can ride the argument from authority fallacy harder than I can.

You win.

Why does Jesus never mention these guys then?

Greek was the Lingua Franca at that time in that part of the world, no? And correct me if I'm wrong, but Judaism places a large emphasis on education, right? I think it would be easier for one of Jesus' followers to know Greek, or at least know someone who could write it, rather than secretive Greek scholars crafting a new relogion in order to keep the Romans down or whatever.

because the whole "dude jesus is horus and everything comes from egypt lmao" is a complete meme perpetuated by morons who slap together some superficial similarities and made up shit, much like the ancient aliens bunch

Yes, Greek was the Lingua Franca even by Roman citizens in that region.

I don't subscribe to the "Christianity was created to destroy the white man's empire" shit. There were tons of religions birthed in that region. Christianity would be no different.

My argument is that many early Christians believed in a mythical Jesus angel that was crucified in the heavens like Paul wrote about -- not a literal son of god who walked on water.

Clearly that doctrine was wiped out from history, but when you read Paul it's still super weird he not once mentions an Earthly Jesus.

dat bast doe

>Clearly that doctrine was wiped out from history, but when you read Paul it's still super weird he not once mentions an Earthly Jesus.
Well, that only makes sense as Paul wasn't one of Jesus' OG disciples. He wouldn't have any experience of earthly Jesus, as all his interactions were, or would have been, purely spiritual and not at all corporeal.

>this 'christ never lived xD' meme again

Just get fucked

Who's the puma?

truly aerodynamic, well-balanced spears are the masterdeity-tier implement

That would be fucking boring, you want a video of some guys sitting around writing?

It's a fringe theory anyway. A film about a reconstructed historical Jesus would be better.

that's Sakhmet the lioness, she's the daughter and sort of "angel of wrath" sent by Ra to bring war and pestilence, but she's also the one who takes those away, she's basically the violent opposite of the more gentle cat goddess Bastet. According to myth, Ra was once fed up with rebellious mankind and sent Sakhmet to kill em all, but then took pity on them and men were told to create a lake of red-colored beer which Sakhmet then drank empty, thinking it for blood, and then fell asleep.

Would love to see this made so I can reference this film when debating bible thumpers.

The major argument from many biblical scholars is that the historical Jesus (Yeshua) was a Jewish reformer of religion/politics and not the creator of a new religion. When Jesus talks about being King of the Jews he means literally that, and his followers were trying to bring down the government and bring Judea into a new Kingdom outside of Rome's control. Rome got pissed about the insurrection attempt against a government that was amenable to Roman influence. So they crucified Jesus because he was a political threat to the powers that be. Jesus' followers were butt hurt so they decided, "Hey, we didn't fail in our political revolution, because it never was one! Yea see! You guys fucked up! The guy you killed was God and you are the true sinners and fake Jews. You killed the Jewish God's command and are no longer true Jews. We're starting our new religion." Unfortunately 97% of Judeans in the region were illiterate so they started telling trumped up stories that spread like telephone through the ancient world. Hence the inconsistency between gospels and accounts. To me one of the main issues with Christianity is that if Jesus was God, and people believed he was actually God, wouldn't they write his words down EXACTLY AS HE SAID THEM IN ARAMAIC?! Why would you translate GOD's words into Greek? For a larger audience? Fuck off. Check out some Bart Ehrman.