WTF

Can someone please explained what happened here??

guy went legit retard

LITERALLY ALL HE HAS TO DO IS HUG HIM MID AIR!!!!!!!!

ARGHGHGHHHH WTF IS THIS TIMELINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you saw someone throw away their career

How the fuck is that possible

He got bought out before the play.

With any vikings playoff game someone is going to get fired

>in denial this bad

nah nigga he just sucks

Holy shit, I didn't notice he also took out the only other defender who had a chance to stop the play

I repent for ever doubtjng

Fucking shit was too impressive

AND THE WALLS KEPT TUMBLING DOWN!

i assume you're not allowed to tackle unless the other player has the ball? looks like he came in early, before the guy had caught it, and got confused at what to do. could have literally just stood there and waited, then grabbed him.

he tries to hit diggs so that he'll fall over but stay in bounds so the clock keeps running. he doesn't anticipate the jump, so misses entirely and hits his own teammate. diggs recovers, tries to gain extra yardage, notices there are no defenders near him, goes for the touchdown.

That nigger ran into crawly like a fuckin idiot

Williams assumed Diggs was going to catch the ball running. At the 6 second mark Williams puts his head down for the assumed tackle as he though Diggs would meet him. However, Diggs stops his forward momentum by leaping up while Williams has his head down causing Diggs momentum to shift up allowing Williams to miss him entirely.

It was the perfect storm of a situation that will likely never occur again.

HE TOOK OUT THE ONLY OTHER DEFENDER
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kys conspiritard

Someone got payed to lose the game

Didn't want to risk pass interference to put them in field goal range and fucked his team

>payed
It's "paid" FYI

How much pussy will Diggs be getting tonight?
Just imagine...

Is this THE most botched play of all time?

this is worse than buckner

Lol

he wouldve landed out of bounds anyways and they wouldve kicked a field goal to win, this just made it happen faster lol

dude missed a tackle, bruv

Hand of God pushed defender down, because Keenum is chosen to lead the Crusade

it looks like he was worried about PI because with that momentum he would have hit him just before the ball arrived. I guess he dove low to avoid PI and maybe try to trip him up after the catch but didn't expect that leap by diggs. What a f up

[AWARENESS 53]

[PLAY RECOGNITION 51]

Let him catch it, tackle him in bounds, clock runs out. Don't see the issue here.

no, he tried to showboat

you see a lot of that shit among defensive backs, always trying to make a big hit by lowering their head and diving at a receiver instead of making a proper tackle

i'm so fucking glad people saw how fucking dumb it is

He was trying to get a $5,000 bounty thinking the game was already won.

That's possible because in handegg players often try to tackle by raming themselves head-first into the opponent instead of trying to grab them.

So that's what happened here, the guy ran like a retard head-first to bump the other guy, massively failed at aiming, managed tackle his own teammate, and gifted the game to the other team.

Suicide watch. I'm not even memeing, that guy needs to have someone keep him company. Holy fuck

That's exactly what he should have done. Just make a stop in bounds. Looked like he wanted a big hit, to up end the guy.

not necessarily. He still had some distance between him and the OB. If you just let him catch it and pulled him straight down the clock would run out before they had a chance to spike.

Does anyone have the Vikings GET?

Forbath killed the curse and Diggs fucking stomped it into its grave

this norwegian actually has the most accurate take here. he came in too early and sperged out like a dumbass and basically gave them a touchdown

>intentionally ducks under the guy he needs to tackle

i wonder which of his family members is being held camptive by somebody with a lot of money on the vikes

imagine if he let the egg slip from his hand at the end

This.
You don't drop your head. Ever. This is a pop warner tier mistake and it cost an NFL team a play-off game.
Disgraceful.

A rookie who made a rookie decision, trying to keep him inbounds and kill the clock by putting his body between the receiver and the sideline.

Grabbing him risks swinging him out of bounds. Good idea, horrible execution.

DB was trying to keep the receiver inbounds but over cooked the angle. Should have just wrapped him up but there's a chance Diggs muscles his way to the sideline. Still a bad mistake, feel bad for him.

>mfw

this isn't a normal fuck up, is it?

brenda

Lmao this will be used as advertisement for heads up football

What a time to be alive

SPORTS are rigged

he was going for a tackle but missed it, why he would go for a tackle like that instead of wrapping him up and ending the game? Nobody will know.

>Forbath killed the curse

And you just restarted it. I hope you're happy.

to make the last play a flashy big hit?

I'm sure they rehearsed this take out your fellow defender move in practice, but I haven't seen staging this stiff since the Lee Harvey Oswald prison transfer.

In terms of what it was, it's normal. Players miss tackles all the time.

In terms of the consequences, this one is about as abnormal as you can get. That guy's career just got shorted about five years.

because if you knock a guy on his ass the play ends immediately, if you try to wrap him up he might still be able to get out of bounds before he goes down

he's one step from out of bounds
all he could do was hit him hard enough to make him drop it

looks fishy
Defender launched after being under the receiver

all they had to do was tackle him game over

FUCK ALL YALL DIDNT YOU HEAR THE ANNOUNCERS?

YOU DONT GO FOR A POTENTIAL PASS INTERFERENCE SO HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE WAY

You keep him in bounds and you're going to a Championship game

apology for poor english

when were you when nawlins aint dies?

i was sat at home eating little caser when marquandrius ring

‘nawlins is kill’

‘no’

SOMEONE POST KEENUM'S REACTION DANCING LIKE A LITTLE GIDDY GIRL PLEASE

>”Surely Case Keenum isn’t dumb enough to put the ball where the receiver would be tackled in play.”
>”Even if he’s inaccurate it’s still going to the sideline. I mean it’s the NFL, he had to be good to get here.”
>”Yeah, they have no timeouts. I’m going in for the tackle.”
>FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

That’s was the exact thought process. It was a terribly placed throw that was so bad it worked.

>what happened
Tried to go for the big hit to force an incompletion and totally fucking whiffed
>why
Incompletion makes it 4th and 10 out of field goal range
>why was this so fucking stupid
Neither time had any timeouts remaining and there were two defenders in the area. Wrap him up and try to get him to ground; if you can't immediately, well thee other guy is right there to help too.

Inexcusably horrible play.

only one problem with your argument; I have eyes.

dont listen to these idiots. he sold out for the hit. but he did that because on the sidelines the entire coaching staff was DO NOT DRAW A FLAG DO NOT INTERFERE DONT GIVE THEM ANYTHING
so instead of making a play on the ball or standing him up he went for laying the wood on him instead of wrapping him up

>I roll to tackle

tackling him is the right option
he just missed the tackle
period

Coaches probably told them no penalties so when he came in to make the hit he pulled off a bit and completely missed.

Is that your waifu user? She’s very pretty. You’re a lucky man

haha just let him catch it haha tackle him later haha it wouldve been so much easier just stop on a dime, reposition yourself and dont miss him when hes back on 2 feet haha wrong decision

Coach told him not to try to wrap him up because it might be a pass interference.

but at least, there was no penalty

Kek

I mean it was impressive but we can really attribute the touchdown to impressively terrible defense.

dropped ball = stopped clock.

onfield tackle is the right move, missing it however...

how will the eagles even score? brees barely scored 23 points against the best defense

I've always wondered if in a case like this, after making the catch, a receiver could potentially make the catch, and then chuck the ball out of play or fumble it out of bounds (before being wrapped up) in order to stop the clock.
Technically, it should be legal. I would think more teams would practise it, as it could open up some options, like throwing to the middle of the field, and then lateralling from there directly out of bounds to stop the clock.

it looks like he wasnt trying to hit him at all, it looks like he actually jumped out of the way. I assume his reasoning was to avoid PI

feels like a case of poor coaching in that sometimes you have to understand when you're talking to a stupid nigger and explain things very clearly to them

peyton fired confirmed

(:

if peyton doesnt deserve to be fired for wasting timeouts he does for this shit right?

Amazing

Pretty sure there's a rule against fumbling deliberately. I think that's covered by the rule they made when that guy kicked it out of the back of the endzone back in the '80s or '90s.

>it's a nignog goes for the flashy BEEEG HEEET head-first and gets BTFO episode

Millie put the fix in.

Easy, he ducked to avoid a collision because he thought he was the one with the ball.

Scripted.

Shut the fuck up

He should've just stood his ground and let him make the catch, tackle him and game over

Only two plausible explanations

1. He was afraid he'd get called for PI if he hit too early and that resulted in his half assed tackle.

2. He tried to time the hit just as Diggs was catching the ball to make him drop it from the hit but aimed too low, didn't expect Diiggs to get that high up and thus missed the tackle completely.

Either way fuck the aints el em ay oh

teams used to do that back in the 60s 70s but you can't do it anymore

I think he should've sucked him off

Regardless of what you think of his coaching this isn’t on him. That’s a routine fucking tackle

>yfw you're not Marcus Williams and never EVER will be

or diggs gets out of bounds with 3 seconds on the clock and the vikings get an easy field goal

Calvin Johnson rule I think would've applied.

Stefan Diggs is a big guy, OP
> 6' 190lbs

Requesting GIF of Keenum leading fans in the Skol chant...

>tfw critical miss
THAT'S X-COM BABY

>blaming the safety
>not blaming the rest of the defence who left diggs completely open for his entire route

The Patriots won last season, the Vikings will win this season, and the Right Wing Deathsquads will win the next.