Star Trek

Who was the best leader?

Hard mode: not necessarily 2017-compliant answer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs&t=99s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Janeway was my favorite but Picard is the superior leader.

when picard shows up you know shit's going to get done

archer just looks like someone forced to watch through 'another fucking temporal cold war' enterprise with a phaser pressed to their back

Picard. He was a gentleman and a scholar.

And a stone cold pimp.

It's a hard call. Picard easily holds most true to the ideals of the Federation, but I wouldn't want to be stranded in the Delta Quadrant with him.
If we're going by "best leader", I'll go with Picard, because those under him learn from his example and he's an excellent role model.

>only question I ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?

Based Archer 2bh

Picard of course

Archer, because fuck Vulcans

Patricians ranking
Picard
Kirk
Archer
Sisco
Power gap
Janeway
>you'll find people who like janeway are big fans of the bajorans

No story without that M A N

>fuck Vulcans
See that's interesting. Really interesting. See, I work as a busboy in a bar in Mill Valley called the 602 Club. So I'm moving dishes when all of a sudden, in walks Captain Jonathan Archer, surrounded by 4 Starfleet fuccbois. Archer is really over the hill, like thinning hair and a heavy gut hanging down low. Anyway, he walks in with a posse of good ol' boys. All basic bitches, whatever the fuck, it's the 22nd Century.

They get sat down, but the waiter for that table is on break so I get told to wait his table. It's fine, I've done it before and the place isn't too busy. Things are going pretty well, I somehow haven't managed to sperg out despite it being a squad of overgrown cadets and a celebrity captain. I've even managed to show off some strength by carrying out all of their dish at once (t-thanks /spacefit/).

So the check comes, and Archer leaves me a pretty large tip. I thank him, and he looks me in the eye. His tone whips from jovial to serious in a heartbeat. My vision zoomed on his face. They say the eyes are the window to the soul. His are no different, and as I peered into his eyes I saw horrible visions of violence and hatred. "I'm not a fucking Vulcan, so it's not too big of a deal," he says, in the most aggressively business whisper he can manage. He drops the seriousness, and gives me an almost-Denobulan smile. I stood there, shocked, and watched his bloated form stagger away, his squad of boomers and flyboys following close behind. Before leaving, he looked over his shoulder, grinning. He mouthed "Heil Colonel Green" and walked out.

This would not be the last time I encountered Jonathan Archer or his intense hatred of the Vulcans.

Picard
Kirk
Janeway
Archer
Sisko

Kirk if you are close friend with him
Picard if you are some random ensign or just mind your own business
Janeway if you are an holographic projection
Sisko if you are a man with no morals and prone to war crimes
haven't watched ENT yet

wtf I want to fuck vulcan women now

Dank

on the plus side, breeding solely for reproductive purposes every seven years is seven times your current rate; i say go for it

Kirk was the best but Picard would be the best if you wanted to get out of Starfleet alive.

>Janeway if you are an holographic projection
Janeway is the last captain you want if you're a hologram.

>says that the doctor is more like a replicator than he is like her
>lobotomises him repeatedly when he wants to take a break after losing a patient
Don't me wrong, I like Janeway, but saying she's the best leader to have if you're a hologram? Fuck no.

Picard
Sisko
Kirk

Powergap
Insaneway
Nu-kirk
Archer

Picard>Sisko>Kirk>the rest are shit.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

See that's interesting. Really interesting.

WARNING: Don't click on this picture if you value your sanity.

>lets the doctor get away with betraying Voyager and the crew multiple times
>allows him to do stuff others can't
>etc.

she treated him better than any of the human members

How would the other captains have handled the Tuvix dillema?

You're still doing it wrong.

*dilemma, rather

they would have all fixed the transporter incident and got back their colleagues

slept with it, wes crusher or Q or Broccoli or the Traveler solved it somehow, the Prophets do it somehow, Tuvix beat Archer up and escaped in a shuttlecraft, respectively

Kirk would let Tuvix decide, self determination is the right of all Americ- I mean people

Picard would let Tuvix live, but some asspull would seperate them

Archer would seperate them, but "lose" Tuvok's transporter signal

Sisko would ask the wromhole aliens for help

>it's another 'every single Starfleet captain is insane or a spineless wreck' Shatner-ego-buffer TOS episode
well on the plus side The Omega Glory is basically Apocalypse Now In Space i suppose

I did it right, Pakled. Also, I'm the original poster of that meme so who are you to tell ME how rightly I did it?

It's true tho
Kirk would have made some speech about being an officer and how he has to look out for his crewmen.
Picard would have done something similar but with more words and bringing up some Starfleet regulations.
Sisko would have just said "I don't care, I want my people back" and done it

I hear Picard is used as the perfect example of good management techniques so I'd pick him.

>I wouldn't want to be stranded in the Delta Quadrant with him

Why? Its not like Voyager got home by glassing planets.

Kirk kills Tuvix because Tuvix is evil.

Picard agrees to let Tuvix live, but Tuvix is dying so Picard has to undo him.

Sisko murders Tuvix and feels guilty about it.

Janeway murders Tuvix and doesn't feel guilty about it.

Archer feeds Porthos some cheese and Porthos farts on Tuvix. T'Pol and Hoshi get naked in their transporter accident.

This, also Picard would have sacrificed himself to Q to let the Enterprise get back home unlike Janeway

Picard, hands down.

>there weren't any DS9 movies
why

>why did this series with terrible ratings get no movie?

also only Quark's actor is worthy of the silver screen

>Why? Its not like Voyager got home by glassing planets.

>missing the part where they sold weapons to the Borg end indirectly helped them enslave dozens of species

But Enterprise had worse ratings yet it had a movie.

>MY... NAME... IS... KRRRAAAAALLLLLLL!

Enterprise had a movie?

>DUDE, I invented a meme, my mom's a witness, LMAO
You're just a copycat, and a bad one too. That's why you always post it incorrectly.

Idris Elba was a MACO on Enterprise.

>The Omega Glory is basically Apocalypse Now In Space i suppose
"FREEDOM is a worship word" complete with a literal reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance

You're not me, the true originator of this meme. Better luck next time, Ferengi.

Picard tbqhwy
youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs&t=99s

WHY AREN'T YOU BREEDING HER YET?

fuckin LMAO

But she made up for aiding the Borg by genociding the Borg.

All the nu-fags in this thread.

It's Kirk >>>>>>>>> the rest

Go to bed, grandpa.

Picard
Kirk
power gap
Archer
power gap
several more power gaps
Janeway
power gap
Shitsko

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I just wish we had an episode where the Enterprise came across an old transmission that was some dusty old Romulan news broadcast or something, and everyone was all 'oh yeah the famed Emperor Sulak, I remember his reign from history class. he was the guy who did blah blah blah'

instead of SWORDS? SLAVES? HMM ROMAN EMPIRE MUCH or WW2 Space Nazis

>Writer 1: How do we show that these aliens are evil?
>Writer 2: I know, we'll have them study and idolize Earth's Nazis.
>Writer 1: Brilliant!
It was forgivable once, Brannon, but you shouldn't have forced it twice.

>pickard
>kirk

~best scene of the reboot imo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE

>sound in space
>Simon Pegg

no thanks

I always thought it was kind of charming. The show wasn't a high budget thing, and they obviously had a bunch of costumes and props hanging around the Paramount lot from something else, so they just thought, "Hmm, well, we've got a whole bunch of Nazi uniforms. . . what can we do with those. ."

It's not like they had the idea and then got the costumes made.

It was clearly broadcast along their communications network

no, Roddenberry was literally that much of a two-faced sleazeball hack

Picard's the best example of Star Fleet, but when it comes down to being a leader Kirk has it. Guy was pure charisma, smart enough to get out of any situation and could think on the fly, plus he made a conscious effort to hide any of the fucked up shit that was happening to him from the crew as he was aware that to his crew he wasn't so much a man but an idea.

Here's a bit of trivia not many people are aware of: Garak is the best Star Trek character ever

>In either the nazi episode or the gangster episode, they say a planet duplicating Earth is utterly impossible and this must be from some outside influence
>proceed to have like 3 other planets that are versions of Earth completely naturally

actually it's mccoy

>fuck Vulcans

Believe me, I would like to. My greatest fantasy is to be at the mercy of a Vulcan dominatrix.

>Vulcan dominatrix.
That's called a Romulan.

*chuckles* Oh puhleez doctor, spare me insufferable TOS characters.

Kirk talked what? four computers into BEEP BOOP ILLOGICAL ILLOGICAL DOES NOT COMPUTE pop pop pop spark booom? and i think at least two androids of the week?

That was the A Piece of the Action, the gangster episode, I'm 99% positive. They found some book or something from Chicago.

I don't remember the Nazi one so well, but I think they tried some handwaving about how like, with all the planets, and all the possibilities, the same circumstances could arrive twice because of probability.

another boring trekthread

Ah. A man after my own heart.

The Nazi planet was caused by a human historian, who was the Fuhrer of the planet. In those two episodes they gave (flimsy) excuses about how outsiders turned the planets into Earth copies, but in the others they were like oh yeah it's another Earth.

Why is Star Trek so fucking goofy?

Each series is a product of its time, with writing of variable quality. Really makes you think

goofy?

i forget, did the one with the indigenous "yankees" who had the US flag, pledge of allegiance, and constitution have a good reason for that?

Archer was an extremely flawed leader, but I think he'd be the most fun to be around. So I'd prefer to serve on his ship.
Picard is probably the best out of the bunch though.

This is why I don't google actresses from shows I'm watching, when the show aired more than five years ago.

Even worse with old Bond movies though.

masochist here, provide examples

>you will never be used in some arcane Vulcan ritual

Ah cool, that makes sense. I loved Star Trek growing up because my mom really liked it, and when we'd go to this mall there was one store that had a bunch of original series episodes on VHS. She'd let my sister and me pick out an episode each to buy, so we got a pretty good collection after a while and all the real classics like The Naked Time, Mirror, Mirror, City on the Edge of Forever, Amok Time, hortas, brain cells, etc. If it's an episode that we owned, I've seen it probably a hundred times, but other ones I've seen once, twice, or maybe never.

Kirk all the way baby

Nope.

Pics of your mom and sister?

it was something something errrr prime directi-USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

oh and that episode also had Spock's weird uncanny telepathic influence over women, that they never spoke about before or mentioned ever again lol

>constitution class starship.
>doesnt expect captain to recite the constitution.

My sister is a short lesbian with glasses. My mom was really hot, and she's still an attractive woman I guess. She liked Star Trek because she thought Kirk / Shatner was a cool guy who did nothing wrong.

Spock was able to telepathically influence a guard in "A Taste of Armageddon."

Any idea why your sister hates men?

this is some lucas tier pottery

>Defiant-class starship
>obeys lawful orders given by commanding officer as per Starfleet regulations
pottery

She doesn't. She liked Spock, and thought Guy Pearce was a cool guy in LA Confidential. If anything, she's got a masculine viewpoint, sort of like the worldview of a kinda dweeby guy who likes rules and isn't cool.

>Captain. Scanners show a society in a state of arrested development, circa Earth's 1920s
Excellent, get Spock to take those civilian uniforms out of storage and we'll beam down, tweak an AM radio to talk to the Enterprise, and drive a car that hasn't existed for hundreds of years around for a while

>get Spock to take those civilian uniforms out of storage
Seriously though, why did the NX-01 have cowboy outfits in storage?

Ah, it's a good thing we had those chips installed underneath our arms just this week. I'll just carve it out with a bedspring, hold it up to a lightbulb, and use it as a blowtorch to cut the lock on the door open. Hey, fire-arms! I'm good at shooting those!

Reminiscent of the Lionel Richie-loving Afrikaner separatists whom Louis Theroux interviewed