IIT: Lesser known tv series that anons tricked you into watching that were actually great

IIT: Lesser known tv series that anons tricked you into watching that were actually great

pic related: quarry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rSBmOgpcDE
youtube.com/watch?v=50xx1_CbJTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Letterkenny 100%

i like the part when he kills his wife lover
i would kill her too desu, filthy whore

fuckin great show

youtube.com/watch?v=9rSBmOgpcDE

It was all good right up until Joni's stupid fucking bitch mouth started running, I actually feel bad that she turned me off the show, I mean both her and quarry did shitty things, he went back to 'Nam when he didn't have to because civvie life was hard and she cheated on him, let's not even get into the domestic hitman angle but don't you fucking DARE try to make him feel bad for have a one night stand after you not only fucked some guy while he was away but also recorded it like some kind of sick pervert.

WAYNE?

this show was pure kino.
for once Sup Forums was right.
riley keough's body is kino too btw... she has like 2 sex scenes per episode

>that scene where everbody finds out what she is doing
>that tension
pure kino

Can you give me a quick rundown on this?

This show could have faired far better in the hands of Showtime or even HBO. I only watched it because Banshee was also a Cinemax production and had the same writers.

Showtime's Brotherhood

I didn't find this off Sup Forums but I wanna mention it anyway. It's pretty much an Irish version of The Sopranos, with a bit of The Wire too. The two main actors, Jason Isaacs and Jason Clarke are great. It's a shame it was cancelled after 3 seasons, but I can't really say anything as I'm only just watching it now. Apparently it was one of the 4 Showtime signature shows, along with Dexter, Weeds, and Californication. I haven't seen the latter two, but it is definitely much better than Dexter. Enjoying it greatly so far.

One of my top 5 shows of all time.

I'm glad I watched it
Also best credti song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=50xx1_CbJTI

It was a great show but I think the scenes with gay henchman could've been removed. They didn't add much to the overall plot.

>but I think the scenes with gay henchman could've been removed.

He was the best fucking character in the whole show, u pleb

that guy was awesome wtf

shut up

I liked the character but some of the scenes were just pure filler like where he lives with his mother for a while.

The first two episodes of this were the most engaged and excited I've been watching a TV show for a long long time.

Haven't watched it yet but I got an email from Comcast for torrenting this so I already dislike it.

I was mad there were no dogs in the show but it was still good

>Not using a vpn

Terriers memes were some good shit

my fav new show of last year - very excite for next season if there is one. Jodi/Joni whatever her name is - so hot.

i dont blame them for cancelling it. they put everything they had into season 1, its non stop buildup. season 2 is a fucking slog.

I'm too stupid to know how :(

>One of my top 5 shows of all time.
i agree. it reminded me a lot of the film "shame" with fassbender. i just wish soderbergh would have directed a few episodes like he did with the knick. this guy has kino running through his veins.
what are your other top 5 shows?

first episode of season 2 was god-tier though. one of the best episodes of any tv-show ever probably...
the rest of season 2 was forgettable though.

quarry is the best drama ive watched in a long time. so many people on here think the leftovers is the best drama currently airing, but that show is just false, the foundation for all the drama in the show is lost-tier mysterious bullshit.

quarry felt genuine

so do you guys think we'll get a season 2?
so far no news has come up whether cinemax renewed it or not

hope so, i need more joni

she was skyler-white-tier insufferable though...

no shes not. she's a whore, but i didn't find her annoying

okay you got me... all i really want is some logan marshall green forehead (:

Edge of Darkness
Berlin Alexanderplatz
The Prisoner
The Shield

if not counting mini-series, its

The Prisoner
The Shield
Twin Peaks
The Leftovers

If you haven't already you should watch the films by Lodge Kerrigan, he is an amazing director. Clean, Shaven and Keane are personal favorites, and Claire Dolan is pretty much a precursor to The Girlfriend Experience.

This really did deliver. Episode 7 was some of the most unnerving television I've ever seen.

Did this show get cancelled?

Nope. It just ended like a normal mini series.

Rectify and Enlightened

>muh pools

I loved the show.

Dewey Crowe is now ruined, just like they ruined Boyd when he decided to play a tranny in SoA

>just like they ruined Boyd when he decided to play a tranny in SoA

'no'

Vice Principles ruined his image even more what an awful show, doesn't even come close to how good Eastbound & Down was

You are an enormous faggot and a retard.

Vice Principals just showed how great of an actor he is and that he can do comedy. Which I think we all already knew he could do anyway.

I liked it, never saw EB&D but it was obvious Danny was trying to do something completely different and it succeeded because the MC's couldn't be any more different and I loved Goggins' southern dandy character, I think the roles show his range.

I don't think they'll renew it. That will be a shame though.

kek me too actually. i finished the show and it was worth it though

now that you remind me. that fucking bump on his forehead really triggered my autism.
why won't he get it removed for fucks sake? he's an actor, his face shouldn't have any distracting deformity...

I think the issue is it's literally his skull, rather than some fleshy mound to fix it might be a bitch

vice principals is a great pleb filter. it's crazy how all the critics didn't get it at all and gave it a bad score because the humour was "too mean".
i guess they couldn't stand two white males working together to take down a proud black woman.

>that episode when gamby gets the black principal blackout drunk and russell films her entire bender as she pisses on a police car
that episode was dark as fuck

also, pic related, who do you guys think did it?
i believe it was russell, that guy was playing gamby from the start and pretends to be his friend, he's sociopathic as fuck...

yeah i read it's some kind of calcium deposit

i'm sure it would be possible to remove that fucking thing, aesthetic medicine can do anything now...
it's really hard to watch him act with that mount everest in his face.
does it annoy you too or am i just too autistic?

two of my favorite shows right now are Billions and Kingdom

Sup Forums doesn't watch either of those

>that episode when gamby gets the black principal blackout drunk and russell films her entire bender as she pisses on a police car

Big props to her, I really liked her character as it explanded more, not to mention Gamby's complete look of "oh fuck why did I do this", he was actually beginning to relate to her problems with family and such and then on top of that she mentions how she's a recovering alcoholic, not to mention that even as tryhard as both of them were in their school duties they honestly had a love for teaching and their students, meanwhile Russell was a guy willing to sabotage his own team to get head.

the one thing the critics missed was how everybody in the show was damaged and capable of being an asshole but they all had their vulnerabilities, including her.

It'll be fine sometimes but then there will be a scene focusing on his face and it goes tits up, same for Melissa Benoist who has a much milder issue but I can't unsee it

how do you even watch this?

i can't even find torrents for it

yeah, i felt sorry for her too as the show progressed and they fucked her life up completely.
russell truly is a cold and ruthless manipulator.
he was genuinely happy seeing her at her worst... i'm sure it was him who shot gamby in the stomach...

How did I just find out about this kino?

Critics didn't like Vice Principals? Other than the horrible idea for the field trip episode so early into the show which had almost zero Lee (best character) I think it was pretty damn perfect. Thank god they've already filmed both seasons so we know no amount of no-name "critics" writing "articles" can stop HBO from finishing it.

>Russell shot Gamby
First off, amazing fucking suckerpunch. The car on fire was already pretty crazy enough, but for a show with no life threatening violence to just blast a main character at the end was brilliant. That said no, I highly doubt it was Russell, way too obvious. Also not very much like his character, Russell is likely a sociopath, he wouldn't do something so loud and direct.

>Also not very much like his character, Russell is likely a sociopath, he wouldn't do something so loud and direct.
maybe he hired someone to do it? i really don't believe that the black principal was behind it...
who else could do that to gamby? maybe the blonde teachers ex boyfriend, the history teacher?

it's weird because I have NO IDEA who the shooter is. Usually fans can figure stuff out but I haven't seen any obvious clues or good fan theories.

I do not think it was Russell.

>Critics didn't like Vice Principals?

the usual media outlets got fanny flustered about two white males engineering a plot to ruin a strong black woman, they must think the actress had a gun to her head to take the role, and they just completely overlooked some of the scummy things she did as well as what her true life was like at home, which weren't even really out of malice but trying to make a decent first impression.

they just saw statistics and not actors playing their roles.

Also best character coming though, fukken Ray!

>Other than the horrible idea for the field trip episode so early into the show which had almost zero Lee (best character)
i actually liked the field trip episode, it was great seeing how the other teachers react to gamby and how much of a loner he is amongst his colleaues... although i agree that i missed goggins' presence in that episode

shea whigham is so fucking underrated. what a great actor. He should be in every good show, his bit part in True Detective was fantastic too. seeing how a badass guy like ray still tries to get along with gamby after all the verbal abuse out of genuine love for the daughter is heart wrenching, and him admitting that he'll never have a true connection to the daughter because he's not the real father almost made me cry...
i fucking hate terence winter for finishing boardwalk empire the right way, i would have loved to see another season of Eli's shenanigans in Chicago with Van Alden...

I watch it on 1.3x speed and haven't picked it up after the gun buy shootout, even though it was decent. I dunno why, maybe I'm afraid it'll turn to shit and disappoint me.

>and him admitting that he'll never have a true connection to the daughter because he's not the real father almost made me cry...

Really good scene, he was also broken up about her riding accident too, and at the same time Gamby realized he's a bit too overprotective and overcompensates in his family life and job. Gamby ultimately isn't a bad or spiteful person, but he wants to fit in really bad.

There's some stuff in the episodeswhen they burn down the house where he's like "I don't want to do this because I will lose control here" and you hear like a battlefield noises which makes me think he has PTSD from some past experience that fucked him up in his younger years.

Why would you take off your shirt, before you fight a man?

>ruining a perfectly good shirt in a streetfight

I'm not sure if it's considered lesser known but Black Sails does it for me.

I absolutely despise Max (and Anne on a lesser extent) but aside from them I can't find anything I dislike about this shit. Flint and Silver are way better characters than they have any right to be

i really think it was the history teacher who fucked miss snodgrass. in the previous episode he was pretty agressive towards gamby and seeing him become principal porbably pushed him over the edge

was i the only one that watched amazon's patriot?
it's genuinely fun

Rate me

Who are you and why do you like TP and TP as much as me? Why do you cling to The Shield instead of The Wire or The Unit, and Leftovers over TD1 or Utopia?

>edge of darkness
my nigga. I love that series. so fucking comfy

the night off ending was disappointing af, it's also a miniseries. and really popular
nootka had it's own general in here so it REALLY doesn't count. also disappointing ending
haven't seen the rest. i hear deutschland83 is good though

what can i say, there's not much good minis 2016-2017. i only exclusively watch minis now for quality, even Quarry if renewed would drop quality beyond a third season. im still having withdrawal syndrome from Wolf Hall and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, those will never get talked about enough and it's a drama drought out there.

only seen taboo and the night of.
"the night of" is crimekino. sadly it was barely talked about last summer.
how did they get away with making the murderer a jew though? also that fucking line made me lose my sides: "wanna do jew time? do a jew crime!"
maybe HBO should just focus on miniseries instead of long running drama shows. show me a hero and the young pope especially were glorious.
i could give a shit about westworld and GoT. the leftovers ist the only good show they got left and they are already finishing it after only three seasons...
How is Deutschland 83 and The Last Panthers?
Last Panthers was torn apart by critics as i heard...

Flesh and Bone is one of my favorite miniseries. 10/10
also Show Me a Hero with Oscar Issac

D83 is very colorful, has lighthearted moments and genuine tension, very rich backdrop.

LP is dark, man, and it has constant crime and interpol patter that I love for the immersion, its criminal beat is transeurope, shots in Yugo are bleak, a tour of a collapse. Watched it for a Tinker, Tailor fix.

dropped this around 3 or 4 episodes in

not on purpose or anything just forgot about it. should I pick it back up? I remember liking the little dude that hes working with

Anyone else watch Manhattan ? i thought it was bretty good

>Watched it for a Tinker, Tailor fix.
are you talking about the film or the tv show? i fucking love the movie, it's in my all time top 10.

will check out D83 and last panthers soon. especially your description of LP was very intriguing

last panthers was pretty good but very slow paced. I kind of stopped watching after ep. 3 because I couldn't get anyone else to watch something "subtitled" with me. :/

The Alfredson film. Caveat bro, nothing in its genre will top TTSS so don't go into LP expecting that same quality again, but yeah think of the series as Jim Prideaux workname Ellis' extended tour of Soviet Hungary except it's in Yugo and bit more faster paced. Oh yeah, use subs.

Try the Honorable Woman as well. If you liked The Wire give Romeo Section a go, it's about the Canadian Intel Service's attempts to penetrate the Vancouver triad heroin trade..

one of my favorite seasons of television ever, so comfy, so well made, so well written

It's not lesser known, since its on netflix, but I never saw threads on Sup Forums.

I just finished this show a day ago and I absolutely love it. It's funny, it's genuine to an incredible degree. I don't want the sad man in the suit to be sad. Cannot wait for season 2.

>Perlman
>2014
shit man i think i might try Hand of God next, i only found out about on Sup Forums most likely you user, can't believe a Perlman-hears-voices revenge series got by me

Last Panthers is worth a watch

>I would like to add Intelligence to the list. hugely overlooked candian show.

>The Alfredson film.
my brother. it's insane how overlooked it is. it is so rich in memorable moments. the way bill haydon looks at jim prideaux during the chritmas party and you just know those two were secretely in love.
smiley just sitting on his couch and looking at the painting bill gave him after he cuckolded him...
jesus, that movie should have more of a following.
i hope alfredson will deliver with "the snowman" it's been a long time since tinker tailor and he didn't do anything since.
with fassbender as the lead and a good script this could be great.

>Who are you and why do you like TP and TP as much as me?
A normal guy who browses Sup Forums. Because they are beautiful television series, with surreal imagery/atmosphere which I like.
>Why do you cling to The Shield instead of The Wire or The Unit
I really like Walton Goggins, it was fun ride what can I say. Don't know what The Unit is, The Wire is of course a masterpiece, but I personally enjoyed The Shield more.
>Leftovers over TD1 or Utopia
Probably the feels, and everything else about it

To rate you, I have only watched Deutschland 83. That guy got a lot of pussy, I was jealous as fuck. Good show though, colourful, fun soundtrack, tense at times. That and The Americans are top-tier spy shows.

my nigga, favorite show of all time.

I've seen Flesh & Bone. It's really good, shows a good in depth look at the darker side of ballet. I cringed when she pulled her toenail off. Better than Black Swan.

super comfy show, feels like something i would have watched with my grandmother.

I love you kinoseries Sup Forums

Sup Forums got me into The Expanse, thanks.

my late grandfather grew up in wyoming, so I was really glad to have him watch a bit of the show. Also was really glad that netflix picked it back up, that was quite the relief.

i'm the guy from this post.if you want a film like Tinker tailor watch The Good Shepherd. It's the only film i ever found that came close to the atmosphere of Tinker Tailor. It's about the creation of the CIA and the cold war. a very nuanced film that you need to watch closely. i guess that's the movie you were looking for if you looked for something like Tinker...

Is it unironically good? Seems scifi tier shit from what I've seen

>Better than Black Swan.
Oh hey let's not go crazy. Black Swan is a masterpiece

It's great. I don't watch much scfi tv because I think most of it is soap opera tier. It has great atmosphere and world building.

KD best character t b h

I'd totally fuck kd