/bsg/ - Battlestar Galactica

Are there any fans about?

I know I'm late to the party but I just started, I'm up to episode 6 and I'm enjoying it although I find a lot of the characters motivations hard to grasp: everyone is covering for each other which is risking losing the war for what? Friendship? A lot of them don't seem to like each other that much. Then there's this Doctor guy going along with a Cylon inside his head for god knows what reason.

WIll I ever understand them?

Also the miniseries was better so far, it was so dark and disturbing compared to what I've seen since.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vAnVlDeFYNs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The first season is very good. Unfortunately every following season gets progressively worse than the last.

what war, they are running their asses away from killer robots

The Cylons are waging war against them, regardless of whether they were fighting back. Also:

>He has confessed to lying under oath and dereliction of duty during time of war

Seasons 1 and 2 are god-tier.
Seasons 3 and 4 both start well but quickly lose steam in their second halves.

The ending is love it or hate it.

>six episides into a show
>better start a thread on Sup Forums about it

Does Cranky Smoking Doctor get more screen time? I really like him

Think of it this way: The entire human race has PTSD and is trapped in tin cans hurtling through space with killer robots right behind them. It will help you understand some of the dumbass decisions they make from here on out make sense. Good luck with it, user. I watched it as it first aired and still love it, warts and all.

>It will help you understand some of the dumbass decisions they make from here on out make sense

What did I mean by this?

>The Cylons are waging war against them, regardless of whether they were fighting back.

If only one side is fighting, it's not a fucking war. You wouldn't call a Concentration Camp a battlefield, would you? Don't be a fuckwit.

A lot of them don't like each other, but are bound together through mutual respect and the military hierarchy. All of these people have been thrown into a situation in which their only option is to co-operate or die. A lot of the drama in the series comes from those tensions and conflicts arising at a time when they do not have the luxury of dealing with it.

My cats are named Boomer and Athena

youtube.com/watch?v=vAnVlDeFYNs
aahhh

>yfw the ending of the first pegasus episode

Yeah well at least I'm not a literal whore, you smug bitch.

It's pretty good OP.

Just cut and run when you start hearing Bob Dylan.

>WIll I ever understand them?

Not really. The shows doesn't go as hog wild as other shows with the "let's-turn-the-screws tighter-with-ever-growing-coincidences" bullshit that was just starting to become fashionable in tv writing, but in the end they do take a bunch of the weirder shit they wrote and clearly had no idea how to resolve and they dismiss it with supernatural handwaving. Because of this the show's finale was gorgeous to look at and listen to but it infuriated no small fraction of the viewers because of its refusal to answer so many of the questions it had raised and then dragged out.

Season four is the worst imho as it doubles-down on the religious cult mumbo-jumbo and seems to do it just to kill time. To start with two very focused seasons and wind up in a morass of spooky confusion was awful. I wound up making myself watch the finale just to deal with my curiousity.

by that point there's just one season left, might as well suffer through to the end

Excellent show. It took nearly a decade for another good sci fi to be made

Except for Black Market and The Woman King. Some warts are just too big to overlook.

i hate westworld

What are you referring to? Fringe or Person of Interest?

if that's I'M GETTING MY MEN BACK then

Yes, there are always fans about.

You should stop watching because you are a whiny cunt, so you will never understand them.

Stick to making threads telling us
>Also the miniseries was better so far, it was so dark and disturbing
proving that you are edgy and not a little bitch everyone thinks you are IRL.

2>mini>1>3=4 faggot
>WIll I ever understand them?
No, it will be very well written off as "people are confusing and illogical" in the form of character tropes that continue to plague them because Adama is a softie, and then your favorite episodes are when he cracks down like the hand of god because he'd been drinking.
>miniseries was better so far
Common concensus. I like Season 2 the best because the most characters peak in their entertainment value then. Saul and Chief peak just before the major twist that made a lot of people hate the series in retrospect.

Also Callie had it coming, Caprica best girl followed by Starbuck.

There has never been a better Sci-fi show. Its not perfect, far from it, but Star Trek is for commie spergs, all of it, and its leagues ahead because it has the least reliance on kitch and much better acting than anything else.

An Adama maneuver should refer to anything really dumb and illogical you do because its suddenly brilliant based on how desperate you are.

So say we all.

Saul still best character

Oh yeah
Doc Cottle is quality. I always enjoyed seeing him on-screen.
>Do you mind?
>Yes

I honestly think that my favourite moment in all of BSG is those few seconds right after the phone call when Adama's walking down the corridor towards the CIC with those violins in the background

Pegasus is my shipfu
I'll never forgive Lee for destroying her

Fat Lee fucked up a lot

I was rewatching BSG a couple of weeks ago
The miniseries is really frakking good and sets up a fantastic premise for the show.
Season 1 is pure unadulterated sci-fi kino
Season 2 begins as a continuation of Season 1, before becoming even better. Then come the filler episodes.
Season 3 starts very strong. Then the writer's strike hits and it all starts going to shit.
Season 4 has a couple of good scenes but you really have to search for them. Plot threads get thrown out left right and centre, previous character arcs are retconned and the ending is extremely hit and miss

But I'd call Pearl Harbor a war

Starbuck dies and comes back. Billy dies. The woman who played Xena: Warrior Princess, Lucy Lawless, her character is a cylon, she also does a documentory. Helo gets Sharon pregnant and they both get off of Caprica when Starbuck returns to Caprica looking for some ancient artifact.

Dr. Gaius Baltar does have a Cylon or a mental projection of a cylon, but I don't really know if she is a Cylon, she's more like a spirit or something. Tigh also has a wife that survived the attacks on the Colonies and also Tigh and his wife are Cylons, they just don't know it. Oh yeah, even the chief of the mechanics, I forgot his name, his also a Cylon and he eventually marries Callie who cheats on him with Hotdog.

Eventually, they encounter the Pegasus.

Dude, like how did you not watch this stuff when it was airing on Sci Fi/SyFy

Yeah, he gets more screentime. He even helps deliver Helo and Sharon's child.

>its a Starbuck episode

The overwhelming depression of Season 4 with the generous amount you can salvage from very good performances on a weak continuity script makes me hate it a lot less than most people seem to. Also I liked the ending overall. Overall.

Oh, none of this stuff I mentioned is in chronological order. I just wanted to spoil stuff.

Hey, how do I use thespo

Black Market I can kind of overlook. It failed miserably at giving Lee some sort of edgy storyline, but I liked his resolution to the situation. I always thought Bamber did a pretty good job despite the writers making him seem damn near schizophrenic throughout the series.

The Woman King was an absolute abomination that made me seriously consider dropping the show altogether. Fucking awful.

Boomer [on Galactica becomes a villain.] Sharon who was on Caprica with Helo [eventually sides with humans and gets the nickname Athena.]

It does have its moments
Cavil's I don't want to be human speech
The final scenes of Revelations
Seeing how things just go to shit after they find Earth is another nuclear wasteland
The Oath/Blood on the Scales
But it's mired in so much shit

>Its a Lee literally cannot stop making the wrong decision episode.

Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make him fall in love with a hooker when he was supposed to have a thing for Starbuck?

Hey how do I use the spoiler. [Kat becomes the ace, usurping Starbuck's position as the best Viper pilot.]

Oh, I give up with trying to use those spoiler censors.

kill yourself

So Say We All!

SO SAY WE ALL

So Say We All...