The thing that ruins nu-Simpsons for me is that god awful animation...

The thing that ruins nu-Simpsons for me is that god awful animation. I actually didn't mind the show all the way up to the movie.

Does anybody else feel the HD animation ruins the show?

Yes. It's called the Simpsons Paradox:

>When you try to improve something but make it even worse

The show being shit can be summarised by a lack of effort all around. They found a cheap way to do everything and the quality of the show declined because of it.

HD animation has ruined every cartoon show. The crude animation in the earlier episodes is comfy af

>it's actually called the X effect

Why do american need to label everything ? Can't you open a dictionnary to make a phrase ?

I ain't Murican, yer godforsaken Yuropoor

No, it's just not funny. The hd is just associated with the crap now because the later seasons suck so hard. Now if I see the HD animation i know it's not worth my time.

watch any of the early seasons of the Simpsons and you can see some great animated sequences on display

Nowadays it's made using GoAnimate!

It's the same level of animation skill I was seeing on Newgrounds ten years ago. The only difference is it's a bit sharper.

Modern animation has no soul. I feel sorry for kids who were born with this trash and won't know any better. With Disney overriding their animated classics with cheap CGI clusterfucks, and abandoning their traditional animation department as well, the days of the cartoon are well and truly dead.

There's something about the "perfect" HD animation that gives off a weird effect.

It's like the less inconsistencies and errors you have the worse your animation looks.

How is that even possible? they're both 24/29 fps right? Is the old one longer?

I've never seen it myself but I've heard some tv channels play the SD openings for HD episodes because people would turn the channel if they see the HD opening.

Anyone else hear of this?

Yes the HD animation is terrible

The animators are lazy and instead of making a 29 seperate frames per second, they simply only use 6 and just use the same frame.

German channel that airs Simpsons since forever, in the same time slot since the dawn of time used to do it years ago.
Don't know if it is still a thing since I don't keep up with it anymore.

Yes, the image is out of context, somewhat. In the HD opening marge turning is only like a split second part of another shot whereas in the klasky csupo opening it's like 5 seconds of focusing on marge turning in the most exaggerated way possible.

That actual problem with that shot is Maggie and Gerald shaking their fists at eachother and it's literally just two alternating frames that looks fucking terrible.

That and the voice acting. They all sound so tired and are just phoning it in.

>Can't you open a dictionnary to make a phrase ?

That would be labeling something.

The same thing happened with Spongebob. Soon as the "HD animation" happened, it went down the toilet

Interesting if true

It's the same thing with any of the popular cartoons that have been around for a while. South Park and Family guy too.

Its not the HD, its the perfectly in-model characters/props getting reused abd often reusing the same animations and face expressions. Handdrawn HD animation directly done with digital tablets gives you soul with crisp lines, but it takes more time so they don't give a fuck.

Also the Nu Simpsons writing is trash. The animation laziness is just an indicator. ATHF has always used flash animation and lazy animation but its still comfy and soulful as fug.

So the terrible jokes, ridiculous plots, and lack of strong emotional moments aren't that much of a problem for you?

A side effect is the lack of interesting angles and framing. Nu Simpsonsgas a static sitcom style to the framing. Classic Simpsons does so much with interesting framing without being showy about it. Watch an old expisode and pay attention to how many non-standard angles it gives you in mundane scenes.