youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
youtu.be/IAFxPXGDH4E
vimeo.com/1223566
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is Donald Trump Americas Gorbachev?

Benedict Arnold

>Mr. Trump, build up that wall

I think so. Even the new gorillaz trash is pushing the 80s meme

Fuck! I didn't even think of the wall. This is getting spooky, guys.

Well, heroin is pretty big right now thanks to a joint effort between Bush, Obama, and the pharmaceutical companies, but if crack starts making a comeback I'd say you're right.

>horror movies are shit

No, we are not.

No, we're just trying to recreate them.

Expect that the 80s had actually great movies.
I have no issues if the 80s anti-comunism becomes mainstream, tho.
It's about time.

Funny I was just comparing heroin now to crack in the 80s a couple days ago

We're in bizarro 80's, I guess.

They're only geat in hindsight. People at the time probably thought they were shit, too.

what's some underrated 80's kino?

Finn a cute!

"Republican" president.

>tfw we're in the blizzaro 80s but we don't have the comfy, more light hearted living side of it
>tfw ywn experience a comfy 80s childhood like the kids in ST did
Where did it all go so wrong? I feel like 9/11 was the point where everything changed for the worse

It certainly didn't help.

>Americans now are more of a commies than russians
oh the ironing

In the 80's it was the Soviets who were the baddies.

Uh what. There's nothing le 80s about those songs or them

they still are
just read the news

Three O'Clock High

youtu.be/nQYsHLwXnMc

Really it is a generational thing, with a combination of other factors. Mostly it revolves around the 80's generation being adults in the 40s to 50s, and making money on this generations with the artificial nostalgia of the original 80's generation.

After the 90's the internet destroyed everything by regurgitating itself, so the 80's remain the last fresh source not destroyed by the internet, which the internet is attempting to dismantle.

>being so creatively bankrupt you'll remake an entire decade
jesus christ murrica what the fuck happened

The Soviet Union dissolved in 1991.

No, Americans could actually afford shit in the 1980s. We're living through the final days of the Roman Republic.

The 80's revival is purely because our society is so utterly devoid of content. It's got so bad that we're mimic the era where quality died in favour of yuppies making a quick buck.

so they call themselves russian federation instead of soviet union

What's wrong with making money? You're not a communist, are you?

There is literally nothing wrong with being a communist in the purest form.

>Mmyes, that's what we wanted you to think!

100 million dead would disagree.

Sure and there's nothing wrong with believing in fairies and leprechauns.

youtu.be/xZ7YlgzW1jQ

I have no doubt that we'll see a '90s revival. People will probably go back to browsing the web on dial-up because it's cooler.

youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

The world is shit now

Making money at the expensive of destroying what you're making money off of isn't a good idea. It's destructive, like smash and grabbing in a shop you like.

Trump really is Josuke from Diamond is Unbreakable.

Chud
The Stuff

>The Stuff
Holy shit. That still remains untouched.

I used to cringe at '80s nostalgia. Now it looks comfy AF.

it only doesn't work in subhuman countries

it would work if americans tried it

I'll admit depending on what it is comfy. Although it is also becoming irritating. You know? That thing that now EVERYBODY is doing, making it seem too common.

>That's what the bloody Marxists always say!

Movies have always been about making money, though.

What's funny is the '80s were in love with the '50s.

>tfw The Fourth Turning is true

Communists ALWAYS need to be thrown out of helicopters.

I really wish trump would start up legit irl right wing death squads that would find all these commies and shoot them on site.

Find their IPs or something, it shouldn't be that hard.

The RWDS are memeing themselves into reality.

This movie was absolute kino up until they showed the aliens

>ywn have friends that want to build a homemade rocket ship and explore space with you

Lol we need more helicopter Pinochet references when the right attacks antifa

What happened in Cali was hilarious

Would you?

I would have smacked that camcorder out of that little shrimp's hands.

It was always shit, you're just sucking nostalgia's dick

>>Russians are the bad guys
Literally nobody thinks this.

Here's what I find interesting: The 80s were mostly just romanticizing the shit out of the 50s. That's why we saw so many coming of age films in that decade that revolved around that era. In addition, a lot of the sci-fi movies that came out were definitely based on 50s serials, like Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
Likewise, in the 50s, I think it would be possible to argue that a lot of the culture created in that era romanticized the shit out of the 20s, as evidenced by the myriad of gangster films that revolve around that decade released during the 50s.

We just regurgitate culture from 30 years ago. And we'll keep doing it.

I think you're onto something here.

Oh, yeah?

youtu.be/IAFxPXGDH4E

Not underrated, but underknown.

So we're doomed to relive the '90s in twenty years, huh?

What were people in the 1920s getting nostalgic over?

1890s in paris

This user knows. The 80s were the 50s 2.0. Neon, leather jackets, happy pop music, a president living in a fantasy world full of russ- brown boogeymen, etc. The interesting thing is the 80s didn't backlash against the 70s. But the 90s, holy fuck. Between 1991 and 1993 North America went through a cultural Jeckyl and Hyde. Top-charting hair metal bands suddenly couldn't fill a Radio Shack parking lot.

You guys are borrowing bits and pieces from the 80s but this ain't a do-over.

Black Moon Rising. Tommy Lee Jones' first starring role in a b movie about a hi-tech supercar that gets stolen. He bangs Linda Hamilton and gets punched in the balls. In different scenes.

no you wouldnt have

>Everyone is a Chad

No thank you.

You're right. Pg 13 ghost movies are the best!

Why do you need violence and gore in your horror movie?

>Russians are the bad guys
LOL

Why does he have a map painted on his head

Because slasher movies are infinitely better than all these PG 13 found footage turds that Hollywood keeps shitting out for maximum profit. Why the fuck would you want a tame horror movie for? Poltergeist was PG and was more hardcore than horror movies these days.

>go back
>implying rural america isn't still using dial-up

Nothing's changed.

Can confirm this

BASED RURAL AMERICA

It's called "directors using their childhood for their films", like the guy said

In the 70s you had filmmakers reliving 50's and early 60s with shit like American Graffiti, Grease, Happy Days and so on. trend continued in the 80s. Back to the Future, peggy sue got married and so on.

from late 90s to today it has been the "80s train". Starting with Freaks and Geeks that was cancelled too soon but gain following later. Vice City was first to do that kind of thing, but it didn't blew up until Drive came which is not really "80s" it's more 70s kinda of film but because it uses synthwave music people think it is. Far cry: blood dragon, It Follows, Moonbeam City, hotline miami, The Guest and now stranger things and so on.

It's really a mess because while there are some trends, people still make movies about 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s (la la land is nothing but old hollywood circlejerking)60s, 70s, 80s, 90, 00s. They made the same things in the past, and they will continue doing so. What really happens is I think the filmmakers use the "no internet and cellphones" rule to make something happen. Think how many movies from the past would be easily solves if they had a cellphone or the internet. it's fucking crazy when you think about it

Whatever, I don't care. As long there are good movies...

Is it possible to meme yourself into the past?

I thought it was all about the 90s since like 2010

That's when Buzzfeed and Facebook starting making those millions of shitty listicles

Yeah. Currently sucking on Marilyn Monroe's feet rn

>Russians are the bad guys
Not according to

>Republican president

Everyone's favorite era has always been 30-40 years ago. In the 80s we got back to the future and 50s nostalgia, the 90s was cold war nostalgia, 00s was 70s nostagia, and now we're up the 80s.

We're only 3 years away from Sleepless in Seattle being considered a timeless classic

>Are we reliving the 1980s?

Spielberg is filming, "Ready Player One" right now.

I actually listened to the audio book, it was pretty damn good. Wil Wheaton was the reader! And he's actually damn good at that sort of thing.

Nostalgic cycles tend to come in the 20-30 year range.

The 80s fad is still hanging around, for some reason. The 90s fad will start kicking in heavier -- it's kicked in some -- in coming years.

90s > 80s

The world presented in Ready Player One, as well as the dysfunctional use of the not-internet, actually has some potential for a good dystopian movie with some good real-life parallels to people caring more about online shit than actually voting in elections etc.

Too bad all of the fans just obsessed with the "epic 80's references XD". I hope Spielberg is smarter than them.

this shit might bomb the same way pixels did. Latest spielberg flick The BFG bombed fucking hard at the box office.

Yeah, it'll be nice if he doesn't fumble the ball.

At least the book lends itself to being turned into a movie. It already has everything Jews like in their movies, so there's not like there would be mass changes. It is basically "cliche the book" and somehow that really works for it.

>implying every vote counts

Do you really think they would let us decide who is in charge?

This. Better to just vote for Weaton to become president of the internet instead!

Because the 90s was just 80s-lite with shittier music and terrible fashion that is still made fun of. The 80s was cool because it was radically different from the 70s in most areas of culture. Also people are still watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Fresh Prince and the X files without anyone having to recreate them for nostalgia, so theres no point

Pixels had Adam Sandler whose day is long past.

The BFG, no one really ever heard about as far as pop culture goes in the USA. i grew up int he USA in the late 70s and 80s and never heard of that book until the movie came out. I've read pretty much every fantasy/sci-fi book there is

At least with Ready Player One, it uses what people are doing right now mixed with all the pop culture of old millennials and Gen X. It is like made for a blockbuster. If they fuck that up, there's no hope for Spielberg in film.

>Wil Wheaton was the reader!
>And he's actually damn good at that sort of thing.
NO HE FUCKING ISN'T YOU SLUT. He fucking RUINED the audiobook for Masters of Doom. Why the fuck would they even tap him for Masters is beyond me, he has literally nothing to do with video games or Doom other than I'm so nerdy bazinga xdddd.

To spill the masters' blood and bring about glorious capitalism.
vimeo.com/1223566

Well, he did a great job for RPO.

I'm not sure why audio books for shit like Masters of Doom even exists. Like how one time I accidentally downloaded "The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch," audiobook. Biographies and non-fiction shouldn't be audiobooks. And John Lee is really good at audiobooks.

>Are we reliving the 1980s?
Sure looks like it, but with an ironic filter over it.

Isn't coke the drug of choice of the 80's?

No it was Pepsi.

Pepsi sure had its peak in the 80's that's for sure.

That's just wrong. The Pepsi Challenge was 1970s, and Pepsi Stuff started in mid to late 1990s.