Does being good looking automatically give you access to an acting carreer?

Does being good looking automatically give you access to an acting carreer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNObWbgBVZs
youtu.be/OL0I-Tf0QRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes every good looking person in the world is an actor

Yes every hot girl is an actor.

LOL yeah, OP doesn't know what it's like cashing in these monthly cheques.

It gives you a foot in the door and arguably it's a qualification, particularly for woman. An ugly woman is generally unqualified to be an actress unless a character actor, but not many of those even exist for women.

I mean look at Lost. For the most part they didn't hire actors for that show, they hired a bunch of models. (Jack, Sawyer, the two gooks, Boone, Boone's hot fucktoy sister, &more)

>image.jpg

I'm asking if it gives you access to it, not every good looking person pursues acting obviously.

I checked too. For once it's not the autistic mongolian iFag.

Well obviously. But hot people have it all and can do literally whatever they want so long as they have an ounce of talent. And in most cases, even if they don't.

What about for men?

just dropping in to say i'd enjoy doing lewd stuff to her neck

that is all

pls continue thread

oh yes it is

it's you

3/10 armpits.

Yes.

He just aged like shit.

Acting went from skill to looks during the late 1900s.

>But hot people have it all and can do literally whatever they want
this is a harsh but true statement, good looking people generally have an easier time in life

Whoa. Cute guy alert.

>Does being good looking automatically give you access to an acting carreer?

Access? Yes, undoubtedly.

Continual work? Only up to a point.

Look at models. Sooner or later they ALL get "cast" in some role or another. Most of the time, that role requires them to do nothing but be good looking, but they got the role.

Look at it this way: Acting can be TAUGHT and looking good cannot.

The whole movie industry is about knowing people and licking asses. Talent doesn't matter.

Literally the best blonde

picture unrelated?

Too bad she's a stuck up bitch.

There are many January Jones fans accross the globe

Yeah but not much.

I'm good looking and working to be a movie director, that doesn't mean I'll get hired one on the first day.

When you look like that, it's no surprise.

yea but if you have no talent or charisma you will get exposed pretty badly and plateau low. go look up camilla belle or dianna agron or any 1 of a vast number of c or d-list actresses you only see once or twice and then disappear as they hit 35-40

like the other user said, its a foot in the door. maybe if you get the right parts and fuck the right people or have the right family you can get to b-list, but if you aren't any good you can only go so far

january does pretty well for someone whos terrible, but she will always be terrible

Tmz tier lies

>image.jpg

>Acting can be TAUGHT and looking good can be BOUGHT.

mila kunis is half the beauty january is and she still has a career somehow with 0 acting skills.

She was seriously one of the hottest 20 year old on the planet and it makes me so angry that Ashton Kutcher got to smash that shit every day for months.

>half the beauty january

At the least it's 80%. And she's Jewish. And she's not a cunt.

mila kunis is fun to work with. january jones is a black hole of charisma.

youtube.com/watch?v=tNObWbgBVZs

>I'm good looking

Literally Betty Draper, does she only have one acting style?

Is that a pole in her pants, or is she just happy to see us?

no

exhibit 1

Yes, virginfag.

I'd argue that a very large % of the population through physical training and makeup have the potential to look very attractive on camera. It's just a matter of people not knowing how to get in shape and do their own makeup that results in them not being attractive.

That's not to imply that there aren't a lot of ugly fucks out there but yeah.

To a degree. Jessica Alba for example is fucking trash and only has a career because of her ass. But there is a limit, I remember Jim Carrey said there was some 10/10 girl cast in a movie with him but she was so bad they had to replace her.

youtu.be/OL0I-Tf0QRU

>tfw you are not a jewish producer so you cant save victoria from her no-name actress fate.

>>Acting can be TAUGHT and looking good can be BOUGHT.

It can only be bought up to a point and then only for so long.

>I'd argue that a very large % of the population through physical training and makeup have the potential to look very attractive on camera. It's just a matter of people not knowing how to get in shape and do their own makeup that results in them not being attractive.

It's no a lack of knowledge. It's mostly a lack of willpower. That being said, a good diet, proper exercise, and all the rest can only do so much.

>But there is a limit, I remember Jim Carrey said there was some 10/10 girl cast in a movie with him but she was so bad they had to replace her.

That happens all the time. However, there were hundreds of 6s, 7s, 8s, and even 9s who weren't even considered for that role the 10 failed in. Th 10 got in the door for no other reasons than her looks and, almost certainly, the fact she put out.

If you're "genetically blessed", you're in.

>If you're "genetically blessed", you're in

So if I want to be a Movie Producer in Hollywood making six figures a year all I have to be is a good looking guy? That doesn't make sense.

Interesting, that's the exact opposite of what happened with you're mums prostitution career in the late 90s

January is CUTE

It automatically gives you access to modeling but not acting. I'd say more than 50% of good looking ppl aren't smart enough to memorize their lines let alone act it.

>It's no a lack of knowledge. It's mostly a lack of willpower
I'd actually argue its a lack of both. At least in America. Honestly 60% of the population of the U.S. have NO idea how to eat healthy besides "eat veggies". Most of them think that if they want to lose weight they should eat a ton of (salted) peanuts and fruits. The fact that america has multiple billion dollar industries for helping people losing weight (things like weight watchers/premade diet frozen meals) while never being fatter than before shows how ignorant so many people are.

People aren't ignorant, they're just lazy. Everybody knows that to lose weight you need to not eat that much, don't load up on carbs, and exercise. We have a multiple billion dollar industry telling people that they don't have to do all that work if they just pay money.

>good looking = dumb

it's the other way around, ya big dummy

How many overweight people have you talked to about how to properly diet? Every single person i've talked to has only the most vague idea of how to eat healthy long term (ei that means eating food that tastes good and is healthy which is the key they have no idea what those are).

>So if I want to be a Movie Producer in Hollywood making six figures a year all I have to be is a good looking guy? That doesn't make sense.

Don't pretend you're that stupid. You know very well we're talking about actors and not producers.

If you want to be a producer, you have to be Jewish.

>Honestly 60% of the population of the U.S. have NO idea how to eat healthy

That's because they're too fucking lazy to learn. The knowledge is out there and has been for centuries, you don't even need to look for it, but too many can't even be bothered to try.

I'm not expecting people to tell me all about macro vs micronutrients, but, "eat less, exercise more" is pretty widely spread, and 99.99% of fat people can lose a bunch of weight by starting with that. Instead they don't do that, and will pay any amount of money, get cut open to have their stomach stapled, or throw thousands at pill makers who tell them that for a low payment of $9,999, they can lose all the weight without running a single mile.

Do you really think that if you talked to someone buying Metabolism Crush MELT THE POUNDS OFF capsules about diet and exercise they'd have a epiphany and would join a gym? Or do you think they'd give you some weird excuse about congenitally weak ankles so they need the pills because exercise is just so impossible?

>eating food that tastes good and is healthy

Like fucking what?

Mostly I just think your logic is totally flawed. Anything desirable has shortcut solutions everywhere you look. The kind of people spending money on weight loss gimmicks are like the people buying machines to "exercise" their abs so that they can get a six pack without leaving the couch. It's not like the people buying the electrical stimulation machines off infomercials haven't heard about ab exercises; they'll just pay anything to somebody who'll give them an easier way.

underrated film

Who the fuck knocked her up? The only thing we know is that it wasn't a black guy much to Sup Forums disappointment

If the kid doesn't even know how the fuck are we supposed to.

oven browned cauliflower
whole grain chicken spaghetti (bonus points if you throw in shrimp)
grilled boneless skinless chicken with seared peppers
egg white omelets (no cheese)

There's a ton of really fucking good food that's good for you but nobody knows about them

>cauliflower
Garbage. Fuck no.
>whole grain chicken
what the fuck and I'm not going to combine chicken and pasta that's just terrible
>grilled boneless skinless chicken with seared peppers
Sounds decent I'll give it a go.
>egg white omelets (no cheese)
You are telling me to make omelettes without cheese? Fuck it, bring on the coronary.

>Anything desirable has shortcut solutions everywhere you look.

But nothing worthwhile does.

Those shortcuts may temporarily assuage desire, but they don't fulfill it because, in the end, they don't work.

So underrated

her career is done, she's nearly 40 years old. Mad Men didn't do shit for her career, and now she's stuck on a show where she's a secondary character. Soon that will be over and then what? Nothing.

Stop bully

I'm not bullying her, but that's how hollywood works.

I'd bully her with my Dick

Too pretty for hollywood

i'm gorgeous and i don't have an acting career

What?

You are what's wrong with humanity