How is it fair for a team to have home-field advantage in the Super Bowl?

How is it fair for a team to have home-field advantage in the Super Bowl?

The stadium should be chosen after the playoff teams are set from among those that didn't make it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mb_eXyhlHaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't you realize how commercialized the Owl is? Vikes fans would only get about 25% of the tickets. It wouldn't be as loud as it was vs. the Saints tonight for instance. Yes, the lack of travel, hotels, distractions, etc. would be noteworthy, but the game environment would be much less impactful than a normal home game.

Probably right but the cashgrab that is the super bowl wouldn't make that plausible probably in terms of planning

they reward cities who build new stadiums w/ an Owl.

Crowd has little to nothing to do with the advantage. It's everything else that you mentioned that is the advantage.

you don't understand how this works
the level of preparation that goes into a city hosting a event like this

no matter who plays all the logistics and security details take time to be worked out, they can't just do that in a few days

It is how the nfl rewards the good goys who pay for new stadiums. Besides, the better the chance the Vikings have of winning the more chance they will choke.

Doing that would be a horrible idea. We've been prepping for years to host in Minneapolis.

I'm not so sure. Even when two teams share a city/stadium, the local team has an advantage

so in other words, host it in cleveland every year?

it hasnt happened yet, and it has never been about homefield advantage, its just the NFL jewing as hard as they can

are they allowed to use the huge horn they have there?
if so i'd call that a marked psychological home advantage

kek the vikings aren't going to the super bowl

Maybe in Espanolland it means something where getting a bottle rocket or piss cup bounced off your forehead is a viable concern, but NFL crowds are just middle income and above castrated, sterilized geeks

NFL has said they're going to make sure it's completely fair for both teams. They'll have equal ticket sales, training facilities, etc. They even went as far as requiring the Vikings to stay in hotels instead of their homes before the game.

I knew I would start seeing this shit on Sup Forums.

This

>They even went as far as requiring the Vikings to stay in hotels instead of their homes before the game.

Well that's just dumb.

why?, its a fairly common occurrence in soccer, its called concentracion, teams spend the whole previous day to the match locked up together either at a team facility or hotel, just relaxing and focusing on the game, is not obligatory but many teams do it

oh god stop youre crying

its never even happened before and because it might happen this year youre gonna throw a fit?

kys

its just a rare circumstance

literally who cares

Well if it's voluntary for the team to do it because they think it will improve performance then fine. I mean you wouldn't want them out late partying. If the nfl is mandating it for fairness to plug up a hotel on a night when they are going to be booked up within 100 miles then that's dumb.

Minneapolis native here.
Minneapolis has been on prep mode for the owl for the last two fucking months.
You need a shit ton of prep time for an owl. Hospitals, policing, transportation, hotels, food service etc etc.
Choosing the owl at week 16 would fucking devastate the chosen city.

im preetty sure the nfl books the necesary facilities for the any 2 teams playing well in advance, so it really shouldnt be a problem

Considering every team except the pats hates the pats, and people who have no investment either way are going to cheer for the home team, it will probably still be loud as fuck.
Just not as loud as a normal vikes game, but certainly different from the average owl.

t. nervous filthidelphia shit bag

Two months

Or two years

The planning committees for the owl literally start years in advance

Technically the Vikes would be the away team

Other people could use the hotels though. I live half an hour from the cities and expect the hotels to be booked around here

youtu.be/Mb_eXyhlHaA

Just have the Owl in a city with no NFL team.

superbowl in hawaii every year would be ideal

until north korea decides to nuke it

I'm referring to the last two months being intensive prep, like police and ER medical officials being trained for crisis situations, our transportation system coming out and saying that you can't ride the light rail if you don't have an owl ticket on the day of the owl, bars being reserved for several days for private parties (LeBron booked a mpls bar for 3 days in a row), and hotels keeping rooms for people that have an owl ticket.
The last two months have been the serious crunch time.

Doesn't matter, NFL says they get to use their own locker rooms if they make it so they're basically the home team on everything but name.

have to wear the vastly inferior white away jerseys, that's my only gripe. Maybe they got a throwback or something they can legally wear if they make it, special to the circumstances and occasion

have it in l o n d o n

Isn't Minneapolis fucking freezing this time of year? Would they still have been rewarded with an owl if they didn't put a roof on the stadium?

why don't they just build a national stadium, owned by the NFL just for hosting the final?

>Vikes fans would only get about 25% of the tickets. It wouldn't be as loud as it was vs. the Saints tonight for instance.

The fans are only one part of "home field advantage"

probably not, but they did NYC outdoors a few years ago and they were lucky that wasn't 20 degrees. But it can be done, football's always been played outdoors

That curse was broken last night bud. Prepare to have Foles anally raped in front of your entire fanbase.

> Hospitals, policing, transportation, hotels, food service etc etc

They have to upgrade fucking hospitals for an Owl? damn

no way, vikesbro, the whites are clean af

I haven't worn my white Teddy jersey all season though so I'm keeping it in the closet for superstition

What i want to know: why did they give the owl to this ugly ass dome anyway

maybe it's just me but it didn't look any good during yesterday's game

with what the patriots are gonna do to them, they'd better

Keenum will get eaten alive. Your o-line sucks and we have C O X

Superb Owl should be played in home and away matches, point-away rule an decision by FGs if draw to remain.

>just pick one last minute
This isn’t how large events are done. They’re picked well in advance, it just happens that the vikes have a shot at it, how isn’t this fair?

They could do that in Washington already