ABOUTTA SEE GHOST IN THE SHELL

ABOUTTA SEE GHOST IN THE SHELL

Hopefully my autism will grant me strength to remember as many details as possible

Plenty of you guys know spoilers from the artbook and stuff, so I'll be more focused on how shitty the dialogue and storytelling is, and try to get a full analysis as to whats going on with this movie, and whether or not it will be a valid entry into the franchise

Keep the thread alive for the next 2 hours and I'll fill ya guys in, I might be able to grab exra tshirts to give you guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbQCf8F1JsE
youtube.com/watch?v=zR9Ffj_BHkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its for some charity event in LA hosting it

that's a very small theater

Yeah its really not that big of an event

I also have passes for a big imax screening wednesday tho

The screening is gonna be im 3d too, so lets see if WETA cam deliver

Final bump, theyre making us turn off our phones

See ya guys in 2 hours

>you will never be able to make early screening threads on Sup Forums because you suffer from testicular cancer

>really shit clothes and fit
>OP not a faggot or at least a faggot with no style

Why did you make the thread now?

Godspeed faggo

Official Thread-Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=lbQCf8F1JsE

finna shcleep right now, let me know if the movie is good enough user

do we see a lot of scarjo's feet? this is all i want to know.

Don't let this die.

It's already dead

No ;-;

do you think i can find a girlfriend at the ghost in the shell premier

A boyfriend can be just as good of a partner as a girlfriend!

i guess a hole is a hole

as they say in the navy: "There is no wrong hole."

Is that a blanket? Looks comfy

free shirt.

free?

bumpin for OP, he should be out soon

IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD

Kino? Nah

Solid movie? Yes!

Scarjo was pretty decent, the special effects were cool as shit, Kuze was actually pretty interesting

Could you give a more detailed, spoiler-safe review?

How's the soundtrack, atmosphere, how do those compare to the '95 movie?

Nothing's going to compare to Kenji Kawai user.

i need to ask the big one
does it use the same song for the shelling sequence?
I obviously expect a no anyways

>They ask you to turn off phones
>OP actually does it
Bless you my man.

I wish all retards did that, but there's always faggots taking photos or messaging during the movie.

The film length is only 2 hours. Does it feel hurried?

So was this legit, OP?

The Major's real name is Mira and she survived a terrorist attack that destroyed her body. Her brain was then placed on a robotic body by Dr. Ouelet, a scientist for Hanka Robotics.

The Major leads an elite counter-terrorism unit called "Section 9". Batou is her right-hand man. The team also includes Aramaki, Togusa, Borma, Saito, Ishikawa and Ladriya.

Section 9 is searching for a cyberterrorist who is targeting Hanka Robotics. After a confrontation with mercenaries who were "body-jacked" to attack Hanka Robotics executives, Section 9 follows leads to a nightclub, where Batou loses his eyes in a firefight and replaces them with cybernetic implants.

The cyberterrorist body-jacks a garbage truck driver to attack Dr. Ouelet and she dies. The Major catches the driver and manages to follow the signal to the terrorist's underground lair, but is ambushed by a spider-like robot and captured.

The Major learns that he is Hideo Kuze, a survivor from an early experiment by Dr. Ouelet to extensively rebuilt a human body with robotic parts rather than put a human brain in a robotic body. He was deemed a failure and was to be terminated, but escaped and wants revenge.

Kuze reveals that Hanka Robotics is connected to the attack that injured them both. The culprint is Cutter, the leader of rival unit Section 6, who then orders Section 9 terminated to cover up his crimes. Section 9 fights off Section 6 assassins and decides to help the Major take him down.

Kuze also attacks Hanka Robotics and ends up sacrificing himself to kill Cutter. The Major is severely damaged but rescued by Batou and repaired. Hanka Robotics' role in the attack is exposed and they face bankruptcy. Section 9 is disbanded. The Major finds out "Mira" was a false identity and that her real name is Motoko Kusanagi.

The Major is left contemplating her role in the world, with Batou vowing to be there to help her.

I will in a min, gotta drive home

Soundtrack was the weakest part of the movie, dont remember any of it

Sounds closer to tron legacy or deus ex than gits

Shelling sequence is different and uses very slow mellow synth music but it actually works as its own scene

Checked

Thanks user

>Sounds closer to deus ex than gits
I dig this.

Take your time OP.

Cool dude. Hope it's good.

KINO OR BUST

Do you think it could be fan-edited to be more like the original?

i'll personally do that myself, since the one in the event is a mix of the original and the one from innocence

OKAY FUCK IM HOME

This is mostly true but also incorrect, Ill explain in my spoiler review later

It was extremely forgettable

The movie? No

Shelling sequence

Yes

SPOILER FREE REVIEW

>Was it kino? No
>was it shit? No

So I've seen all of the gits franchise except for ARISE and I never finished 2nd GIG (Now I really want to) and this movie is a mix mainly of 2nd GIG and its own story.

Visually it borrows from ALL incarnations, and there are tons of easter eggs and references that are fanservice as fuck Bato has a beagle :3

THE PLOT is predictable, but it was still fun watching Major unravel the mystery. The storytelling in the movie is actually one of the stronger aspects of it, its well paced. It slows down and lets the information sink in, while the action is pretty fast paced and cool

PACING I checked my watch thinking "hey they went through a lot of information it must be getting to the end" but I was only an hour in

PERFORMANCES were normal hollywood action type, nothing amazing but still fun and got the point across, ans overall worked well. Evil corporate man was 1 dimensional, but Dr. Oulete was actually in the movie a lot longer than I expected and played a motherly role to Major. Bato was really cool, you saw his relation with Major grow, they start out more like just coworkers but the movie ends with them closer. Scarjo was alright, she played Major well enough and delivered the right emotions for the scenes, although some were cheesy, in a funny way. Aramaki was a GANGSTA in the movie holy shit he was cool. Kuze, I actually liked, I thought he would be an edgelord s00p3r h4x0r but he had depth and backstory that moved the story along

STORYTELLING was one of my favorite parts. Majors perspective is much closer and intimate like the Oshii movies while we follow Section 9 much like Stand Alone Complex. There are some REALLY COOL scifi sequences watching Major go through some hacking and her personality.

Thanks user, have a you.

If it's not Kino its not good. I'm sad now user why the fuck did you make this thread

Very good post. Be proud of yourself.

Who's the other chick? Is she suppose to be Pazu?

>Bato has a beagle :3
Aww, it's kind of sweet that they actually paid that much attention. A lot of the marketing seems like it's cheaply referencingg old material, but that seems like they actually cared.

>THE PLOT is predictable, but it was still fun watching Major unravel the mystery. The storytelling in the movie is actually one of the stronger aspects of it, its well paced. It slows down and lets the information sink in, while the action is pretty fast paced and cool
>STORYTELLING was one of my favorite parts. Majors perspective is much closer and intimate like the Oshii movies while we follow Section 9 much like Stand Alone Complex. There are some REALLY COOL scifi sequences watching Major go through some hacking and her personality.
Very pleasing. The original film's core narrative wasn't especially groundbreaking, it's the storytelling that pulls it together IMO. I'm glad to hear that this film is following in the footsteps of the Oshii film.

I'm going to trust you, user. Before this post I was ready to let this one slide, but you've got me quite interested now.

Thank you
Sounds worth watching but not expecting greatness, pretty much what I expected anyway

What would you give it Out of 10 user?

fuck off viral shill

So, they pretty much take some of the better scenes from throughout the series and toss them into the film?
Not that its necessarily a bad thing, but I was more hoping this film was going to be kind of opening the door to the larger GitS world that's been shown in the anime, but I was hopeful that they would do the stories in an actual chronological order, rather than the three separate timelines in the originals.
What kinda bugs me is that they definitely recreated the Thank Tank scene from the 1995 movie, but if they don't have the Puppetmaster, then why have t in there?

Thx

To let you know

She's just there to explain some of the scifi stuff and has a british action, she serves no purpose except being there

You're welcome

This scene is almost EXACTLY recreated in the movie, just cut down shorter

Plot/narrative
8/10 fun

Dialogue/writing
6/10 cheese

VFX
10/10 /cyberkino/

I am paying to see it again

SPOILERS

That's all true EXCEPT Dr. Oulete dies later on. The project Major and Kuze were a part of was called project 2571 and Kuze was a failed test. He survived but can barely control his body so he walks and talks kinda like he has cerebral palsy or something. He doesnt fight in the movie. Once he explains to Major, that she had her memories erased and replaced, she goes AWOL tryibg to find answers. She goes to oulete and asks what happened, Oulete says basically "I did this to help humanity and Hanka forced me to let those people die."
Sandhit goes down, Major is sedated, Evil Corporate man orders Major to be terminated. Oulete lets her go instead and gives Major an address to find her past. Its an apartment. THEN evil corporate man shoots her. A japanese milf is in there, and invites Major in. She sees a room with everything covered in plastic. "That was Motoko's. My daughter." They share a pot of tea while Motoko's mom explains the story of what happen. It's a slow scene that woks really well, one of my favorites. Mom doesn't cry, her voice doesnt crack, she just lets out the story of how the police just show up one day telling her her daughter commited suicide, and how she doesnt believe it to this day. Fuck that scene was good. Then corporate man is talking to Aramaki ordering they kill her saying she was "hacked by the enemy and killed Oulete herself"

Aramaki doesnt buy it and tells all of Section 9 to get ready to find Major before Hanka does.

Thanks OP.

SHIT I DID NOT LIKE

some of the special effects in the city were too much, but most of the time the environments were pretty cool

Holy fuck some of the dialogue is really hammy, Evil Corporate man has no depth at all despite being in a bunch of scenes

Soundtrack was bland and boring

Other than that, no gripes, its a fun movie

There's a Cowboy Bebop reference. You cant miss it.

>Soundtrack was bland and boring
Goddamn it, that was one of the most striking and memorable parts of the 1995 film.

What's the reference?

IT'S ACTUALLY VERY FUN AND BLATANT BUT HAPPENS RIGHT AT THE CLIMAX OF THE FILM AND I RECCOMEND YOU SEE IT RATHER THAN HAVE IT SPOILED

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANNA KNOW

Bang.

>some wannabe /fa/ pleb
>on Sup Forums

Fuck off my man

>Bato has a beagle :3
Are you mistaking your dogs or did they really manage to fuck that up? Batou has a basset hound.

FUCK you right, Basset Hound

He actually buys a bunch of scrap bones from a nearby butcher and feeds em to the homeless Alley dogs. Later on he adopts the Basset Hound when we see Bato's house later. :3

Don't lie. This movie is shit.

>releases in four days
When does the review embargo get lifted?

not from /fa/ my man, anyone that isn't retarded can see your mom still buys your clothes.

day before release.

Was it better than Innocence?

>it's a fun movie

is it a movie or a flick?

ALL THESE FUCKING MORONS HAD TO DO WAS TAKE THE SCORE FROM GITS AND INNOCENCE AND USE IT IN THIS MOVIE AND I'D BE EATING OUT OF THEIR FUCKING HANDS!!! THE SHELLING SEQUENCE LOOKED BEAUTIFUL AND WAS HAUNTING WITH THAT SCORE AND NOW YOU TELL ME THE FUCKING MORONS CHANGED IT?!? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?

>South Park on
>Everything is now shitty to Stan episode
>Stan promises not to say anything if they let him go to a movie
>X-Men First Class
>They sit down
>Movie starts
>Cut to commercial
>Scarlett's face comes up

LEARN DAMMIT! LEARNNNNNN!

because its its own movie? jesus, its just a fucking song

NO IT'S BECAUSE THE MUSIC HAS AN ETHERIAL QUALITY THAT MADE THOSE MOVIES HAUNTING!!! THIS LIVE ACTION TRASH WILL BE SHIT IF THE DIRECTORI S SUCH A FUCKING MORON THAT HE DIDN'T USE IT!!! A FEW MONTHS AGO THEY SHOWED THE SHELLING SEQUENCE WITH A SLIGHTLY AUGMENTED VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND IT WAS FUCKING GLORIOUS!!! HAD MY MONEY RIGHT THERE AND THEN!!! NOW I'M TOLD THAT "SORRY, WE HAD TO HIRE SOME HACK COMPOSER TO MAKE SURE OUR SCORE HAD ABAOLUTELY ZERO FUCKING CHARACTER"!!! I WISH SOMEONE LIKE DARREN ARONOFSKY OR GASPAR NOE HAD DIRECTED THIS INSTEAD OF THAT FUCKING HACK PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCKER SANDERS!!!FACT!!!

its just 2 minutes of the film...

>screen is not in the middle of room
idk how your autism isn't making you freak you

Why is the movie only 1:46 long? So short

cum into the tshirt

Chill man, the shelling sequence will have the original song.

>user gets to see GitS before any critic is allowed to write an opinion of it before movie is officially released
wtf

Thank god, I don't why so many movie directors and producers think every blockbuster has to be 2:30 hours long. Two weeks ago and I went to see the original GitS and it's perfect with its 1:22 length duration.

How do you know user is not a critic himself/herself?

>10/10 /cyberkino/
Thank you user, only came to this thread for this.
Love cyberpunk, even loved the total recall remake for it's world.

A shirt is not mine until i cum on it

Yeah the visuals are fucking SICK totally worth the $12.50

It felt a good length, the pacing really worked

Movie teetering closer to cinema

No but plenty of references to it

did it feel long and was the movie entertaining enough?

the movie looks terrible, did the trailer make the movie look bad?

>project 2571
*muffled reeing*

What episode is this movie based off? I heard it's based off a Standalone Complex episode?

I am thinking of going by myself to watch this on opening day, mainly because I want to support the rise of live adaption animes. Should I? mfw never gone alone before to cinemas.

Not a specific episode, the villain is from SAC 2nd Gig but the movie has an original history with references from all other adaptations.

>but the movie has an original history with references from all other adaptations.
Just as I thought

Seems like a mix of Puppet master and 2nd gig major/kuze backstory. With some originality taken with the origin of Motoko.

It seems like an awful mishmash of elements from the first movie and SAC that was more concerned with including specific characters, scenes, and elements than doing any justice to the source material. As points out reusing the project codename for the Puppet Master for some overarching cyborg program does nothing expect wink boldly at the fans for what is perceived to be a "subtle reference" to the original by the movie's (presumably Jewish) writers.

I'd consider seeing this movie if it tried to tell an original story and had new characters created specifically for the movie but as is it's a Frakenstien's monster of a movie stitched together from the corpse of a franchise that hit it's peak in the early 2000s.

youtube.com/watch?v=zR9Ffj_BHkg

You see an inch of pant leg and a boot, covered in a black T-shirt. Go back to /fa/ if you want to rate fits for autistic anemic anorexic triple A's like yourself.