en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baltic_Origins_of_Homer's_Epic_Tales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did Troy mean by this?

>Achilles posting is back
Nice

REEEEEEGAAAAAAAALL

Ancient greeks speaking English

this makes me sick

>yfw Patroclus was changed from being Achilles's gay lover to being his cousin in the movie to bypass gay shit
Remember when movies didn't pander to degenerates at every opportunity?

NOW YOU SEE WHO YOU'RE FIGHTING WITH

HEEEECTOOOOOOR!

Greek sounds disgusting though
youtube.com/watch?v=MOvVWiDsPWQ

>HEKDAAAAAR

is it the best 1 VS 1 in movie history?

sounds cool desu

>You sack of wine!!

The call that saved Agamemnon.

It was a decent enough movie, but didn't take enough from the actual Iliad if you ask me.

>no Diomedes fucking shit up and almost single handedly taking the Trojan walls by himself with Apollo telling him to fuck off and stop trying to break Fate

>and then I went and sulked in my tent
>yeah you should have seen his face

Ancient Greek homosex was basically "no homo bro" stuff taken to its logical conclusion with some daddy issues mixed in. There's no way you could make a serious movie with that in it today.

nah

That fuckin' pansy was crying in his tent over his GAY LOVER the whole time while Hector, a real hero, as defending his homeland regardless of his personal opinions on what Paris did.

holy shit it's the black tongue of mordor

I liked brad's fighting style in the movie

wtf

why did they speak gungan in ancient greece

>MUH SHITTY CGI BACK FLIP HIGHGROUND KINO

kys

holy shit did you really take that bait you absolute fucking retard?

They were going for a kind of historical realism angle, though, since they cut all of the gods and supernatural things from the story.

HECTOR, GIVE ME BACK MY LEGIONS

>Historical realism angle.
Yeah, of the actual war.

They did rape the historical realism of the novel, by which I mean the historical novel and its story and how it portrays the antic world

kek

>no spear throw at the horse and see monsters
>also last two minute LMAO AENEUS

It's funny what a difference 10 years can make in world culture

the movie has a terrible begining

I jump to the greek landing

also, that british lass that played the priestess was still young and plump, noice

>the movie has a terrible begining

Fuck off. It's amazing to see Mycenaean Greece on such a high budget.

Good day for the crows.

in the pooper

Yeah, no. I am a Greek and have studied Ancient Greek. This pronunciation is not correct. Ancient Greek did not sound like that. We actually don't know what it sounded like. This is pretty much a guess from the reconstructor, nothing more.

>We actually don't know what it sounded like.
So how the fuck do you know that it's not correct then?

It doesn't sound as nice as modern Greek

You know what I mean. Since we don't know what it sounded like, anything a linguist comes up with is just a guess. Also it sounds too foreign from Romiotika, the closest surviving dialect of modern Greek to its ancient counterpart.

Young chubby sadfu was the inspiration behind far too many busted ropes back in my day.

>Romiotika, the closest surviving dialect of modern Greek
Google doesnt deliver. Alternative name?

>Erasmian renaissance made-up pronounciation with an Anglo accent

Amazing my sides are gone

Because it's on TV right now.

sorry for being late, was posting in cunny thread. Here you go youtube.com/watch?v=UcAYP4irSyQ

Found the liar.

>liar

And how did you arrive in this conclusion?

10/10

>yfw this is based on a true story

STILL NO ODISSEY WITH SEAN BEAN

>He still thinks the war between the Greek city states and the fictional city of Illium happened.

>we will never get a proper movie of the Illiad complete with Gods and Goddesses

>yfw it took place in the BALTICS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baltic_Origins_of_Homer's_Epic_Tales

>In a perfect world...

>We will never see Diomedes not a give a fuck and beat the shit out of three gods in one chariot ride
It hurts

>fictional city of Illium happened.
>fictional
Try again.

>we will never see Paris minding his own business when Hera. Athena, and Aphrodite come down from Olympus to demand he judge their beauty

There is no evidence that the city they think is Troy/Illium in Turkey is actually Troy/Illium from the Illiad. The dates the city were destroyed and how they were destroyed don't show any evidence of war.

this is my favorite schizophrenic theory, it's almost as good/retarded as that Bicameral brain stuff

Someone should totally film adapt Homer's work and apply that theory to them.

Imagine the scale of that film, it'd be insane