Apologize

what happened Sup Forums ? i thought nfl was the most boring out of the big 4?

Other urls found in this thread:

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000906899/article/how-vikings-pulled-off-the-minnesota-miracle-and-broke-a-curse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

these kind of endings to games are rare and don't change the fact that football consists mostly of standing around and more standing around and commercials

On the off chance you're not kidding, why would you think it isn't the one nicknamed "boreball"?

Hockey
Power gap
Commercial ball
Boreswing
MASSIVE POWER GAP
mlels
Power gap
Nigger bounce

It still is. Only thing interesting is that a player threw the game.

Hockey is fucking awful

There's a reason it's EASILY the lowest rated of the "big 4", it's fucking soccer on ice.

>pass, pass, pass, pass, MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And analysis consists of "they need to get the puck in the neck, ay"

Literally garbage tier

Football is truly the perfect sport

It's the lowest mainly because impoverished smelly poor people can't play because their mom was a lazy selfish cunt who couldn't keep her legs closed so daddy isn't around anymore and lol at the thought of taking Jimmy to the rink everyday ain't got time for that or some variation of that.

You basically need a reputable family to get into hockey and that wipes out about 70% of America's population and there's very, very few areas where you can just walk outside and just start playing it. And if you never played it, you're a lot less likely to care about watching it.

Hockey is far more dynamic and creative than Football.

damn this is stupid

This is such stupid logic

Soccer is the easiest sport for anyone to play yet it ranks even lower than hockey in America. And tons of the population played soccer at one point.

Hockey is an awful sport to watch, I'm a sports junkie who even tried getting into it but it's really just so fucking lacking. There's no natural flow/momentum to it. It's pass pass pass pass mISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs pass pass passs pass RANDOM GOAL

It's not fun to analyze, it's absolutely unlistenable over the radio, its just straight shit

>Hockey is far more dynamic and creative than Football
imagine actually thinking this

Fuck off soyboy, go watch Quidditch

holy fuck please be a shit post. Hockey is basically soccer on ice. Bunch of retards gliding around with sticks hoping they shoot a puck into a tight window to score a point. Literally no strategy. Only thing interesting is the fights.

Yes.

Football is more strategic, disciplined and proactive.

Hockey is more free-flowing, reaction and skill-based, and requires more creativity due to uninterrupted play and never facing the same situation twice.

And yet a majority of people that play football or basketball are impoverished people that got big in college.

>Literally no strategy.
Imagine never watching a hockey game before.

Now that's a shitpost. Getting a puck into a net past a defense and a goalie requires strategy and coaching. You're just dismissing the sport because your NT is shit at it.

Went to several Atlanta Thrashers games. So fucking boring. Tickets were dirt cheap because Americans understand real sports. Football has the most strategy of any sport.

Now THIS is shitposting

Is that why there's a commercial break every other play?

That's because soccer is actually a shit sport and quite literally considered a childs/girls game here like hopscotch or getting on a swing. It's something to get little Timmy involved in from concerned mothers who aren't really sporting families.

There is truth to your part about shot, shot, miss, random screen goal lol we win. I actually played and don't like that element at the higher levels, but I just don't think that's the main reason. Baseball more luck intensive on a game to game basis or at least on par with it

>when you have no argument

>only watches the playoffs
Nice meme, but still not argument.

Buffalo Right Seven Heaven! happened!

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000906899/article/how-vikings-pulled-off-the-minnesota-miracle-and-broke-a-curse

Your argument is "I don't understand it or the strategy behind it, so clearly it's just like figure skating with sticks", how do I counter that, it's clearly flawless.

>Football has the most strategy of any sport.

I agree with this. That's the main draw of the sport for me. I just prefer (playoff) Hockey for its more continuous intensity.

The greatest play in MN sports history!

If that's how you interpret my argument, then arguing that hockey is strategic should be a breeze. So let's have it.

the MN wild & wolves are all hungry for this and pledged absolute support!! I have this feel OMG!

How are any sports that don't stop every 30 seconds "strategic" in your eye then?
Just because play doesn't stop doesn't mean actions aren't based on strategy, the speed of the game just requires extra awareness and reaction since windows for scoring can close super quickly, so play has a lot more going on than "he have puck me hit, me have puck me shoot". Positioning matters, watcing where others are matter, deciding who to pass to matters, deciding if you have a clear lane to shoot matters, deciding weather to dump and chase or try and cross with the puck matters, and I could keep going.

You're either baiting or retarded and I'd bet $200 it's the former.

Yeah, Brady vs some literal who backup qb will draw monster super bowl ratings.

Not sure how stopping every 30 seconds negates strategy. There are so many offensive and defensive setups, plays, substitutions, formations, etc. Not the mention a head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and even more staff in the booth watching every play offering advice based on how the other team is playing and exposing weaknesses.

But if you want pace, we can ignore football and focus on basketball which I would argue requires more strategy than hockey as well.

In what way does basketball require more strategy than hockey?
At the very least they're on par with each other, both are about passing, positioning, and going from offense to defense on the fly, but the only real difference in pacing terms is that basketball gets a couple points every 10-40 seconds.
A majority of "missed shots" in hockey were shot out of desperation from a good defense using positioning to force the shooter to shoot wide. Now always is that true, but there's a lot of factors that lead to a goal, in the same way there's a lot of factors that lead to a basket in basketball.

literally why would you think that... have you never actually watched baseball?

>thrashers games
>low prices

You should be able to understand why they were so low. They made the playoffs once and never won a game for fucks sake

>But if you want pace, we can ignore football and focus on basketball which I would argue requires more strategy than hockey as well.
>focus on basketball which I would argue requires more strategy than hockey as well.

t.brainlet

Hockey, like soccer, requires players being in the perfect spot at the perfect time to score goals. It's completely based on luck whether you make the goal or not. This is why hockey and soccer games end in such low scores or even ties. Ties ffs. Why watch a couple hours of a game for it to end 0-0. That's as boring as it gets.
Basketball allows substitutions to defend certain players, timeouts to set up offensive plays, etc.
Shit post

Not the point bud, but nice attempt. They were still part of the NHL and so were there opponents.

>It's completely based on luck whether you make the goal or not
Yeah you're 100% right, a goal going in can't be impacted by blocking the shooting lane, goalie blocking it, taking a hit before it's shot, defenseman blocking it, having to dump before shooting because you'll lose it, going off the goalpost or anything.
You're retarded. There's more to shooting in hockey than "I'm on this end of the ice, better pray it goes it. Maybe if you watched any other team but the Thrashers, who were the biggest dumpster fire in NHL history, you'd realize it's not playing the lottery on figure skates.

t. Nigger who can walk outside to a basketball court while his dad watches from his girlfriends house 2 blocks away while his mom works the stripper poles for dollars to send young Tyrone to college

The goalie blocks 80% of the goal without having to make a single movement. Assuming the person with the puck gets within a decent range to make a shot, they launch it and pray they slide it into the part the goalie isn't blocking. That's it. No strategy. It's like fucking air hockey you play at an arcade.

Yeah watching 4 hours of refball is incredibly exciting. Does the NFL have any credibility left?

If that's true then why do minor league games have fucking atrocious scores relative to the NHL?
I'll give you that, the goalie just being there does block some shots, but some baskets don't go in just for no reason either. If you want proof that goalies need to actively block most incoming shots, just look to how scores were before the 1980s when butterflying wasn't a thing. Part of the strategy behind the game is outmanuevering the goalie and defense, it's why tic tac toe plays usually work out well, but even then a decent goalie can predict some of them and block, it's the same balance as pitcher vs batter in baseball but even then there's a fuckload of factors that lead to a goal.
If you seriously don't think hockey has any strategy beyond pass/shoot/hit have the big guy stand in the net you're absolutely retarded and not worth fighting with.

Let's be honest, hockey isn't in the big 4 anymore. The stats don't lie. It's level with soccer now

>real hockey is like arcade hockey
Wew

I'm not going to pretend I could do what NHL players can do. It amazes me how they fly around on the ice and manage to keep control of the puck. That clearly requires years of practice and skill. Same with soccer. Maybe we can agree that hockey relies on player strategy whereas NFL relies on entire team, players and coaching staff, strategy? Or maybe we're confusing strategy with skill?

There are time outs in hockey and more substitutions than basketball you fucking idiot

In what world are you living in where there's no team strategy in hockey? Holy shit dude

Meh you get the anology. Narrow area to score, defender in a split second predicts where the will go, etc. There's a reason it's called air hockey.

There is no game which has more strategy in it than NFL. I would argue NFL has far more tactics than the majority of games, except perhaps the pitching/hitting part of baseball.

Only in the sense that "something is happening more often", as in "actions per unit clock time," can other sports" say they are better.

The amount of decisions and strategic thinking that go into each football game is enormous, boggling once you get a handle on it.

There's 11 players on both sides of the ball, plus a couple key special teams. Let's go with 25. That 25 players you need a strategy for to counter the 25 on the other team and find an advantage. At each position there are multiple tactics which can be employed on any specific play (e.g. swim move, spin move) each player must perfect. Each play, the pieces are reset in a different formation, requiring adapting the game strategy to what works and what doesn't. there are so many levels at which decisions are made to try to effect the outcome. I'm not even mentioning other shit, im just proving the point.

Name a sport (not game, so no chess or whatever) that requires this much strategic thinking. It's the closest sport to war.

I love hockey, i've seen more hockey games at more levels than any other sport. It's massively different though. To compare hockey to football is stupid, it's missing the point. Anyone who watches football to see a hockey game is obviously a moron. It's like drinking orange juice when you thought it was milk. It's not the orange juices fault, you just expected milk. Your expectation is the problem.

It terms of a true sport, though, football is clearly superior. In terms of action, of course hockey is superior. Hockey is designed to get the maximum amount of effort into the shortest amount of time possible (which is why they need line changes) and on the most dynamic surface we have available. OF COURSE it's more dynamic.

Cool. To what end? Basketball substitutions are based on number of fouls, other teams' current players, trying to create better match ups for defense, etc.
Feel free to provide proof.

>hockey relies on player strategy whereas NFL relies on team strategy
I would agree with that somewhat, most of the strategy in hockey is based on player positioning, and your team being able to maintain possession while the defense is there to close down scoring lanes and regain possession. There's a lot of team play in hockey, passing and hand-offs are staples of the sport, but a majority of team-play isn't done by the coaching staff it's done on the fly by players.

This guy is pretty close, although I don't know if I agree football is a superior sport. They both have merits that make them good, but they're completely different at their core.

have you ever played hockey?
team play is how scoring happens most of the time

Same with soccer, basketball, football, ...

Why don't you just use google and figure it out yourself instead of just going on a Vietnamese knitting board and spouting nonsense

Hockey subs are unlimited, but the key is knowing which players to sub out and when. Most teams use a line system with defensemen in pairs, and each line of forwards being dedicated to a separate purpose.
>First is usually goal scorers and top men
>Second is usually second tier men, but still focus on shooting
>Third is mostly about defending and maintaining possession
>Fourth is for giving a players a break while focusing on hits and defense
Players get mixed and matched from the first three based on the conditions of what's going on in play (are they on a powerplay/penalty kill, are they down in points/up in points, if so by how much, etc), while the fourth usually gets deployed all at once.

Timeouts on the other hand usually exist for the reason they originally did in basketball and football, to give your team a break, since the conditions on which they can be called makes them pretty pointless unless your coach wants to discuss strategy. Hockey doesn't have any real way to manipulate the clock becuase the game clock is stopped frequently enough as is, and unlike football, play clocks almost never play a part determining a winner, unless it goes into OT.

>Football is truly the perfect sport
This.

>saints whole year season to the trash for a small mistake

shit tier sport

Because the same doesn't happen in the Champions League or the World Cup?

That Diggs catch was literally Joe Buck's best call of his entire career

>3 games were down to the wire and action packed as fuck
>the blowout was also pretty dope
>soccerfags meanwhile enjoyed some 0-0 draws

Lel

Ummm, sweetie!?

>war

1. shoot guys
2. don't get shot
3. have better guns/vehicles/missiles
4. have more guns/vehicles/missiles

These two were literally yesterday lmao

>only 16 games in a regular season
>only play once a week
>only have to beat the other team once to advance to the next level in the playoffs
>only have to beat the other team once to win the championship

football = easy mode

>canadian starts thread calling american football boring
>b-b-b-b-b-but soccer please reply to me white europeans

The fact that you worms even posted is sad, this thread is about the Big 4 NORTH AMERICAN sports, which does not include soccer lmao. Get the fuck out of this thread.

I think what this thread really needs is a good idea of the difference between strategy and tactics

>soccer first mentioned the the thread by an american
>hurr eurofags out reee
play in traffic

>The league that generates 10x the revenue of another league is equal with it cuz muh cherry picked attendence numbers is almost equal even though tickets are cheaper and there's 3 times less games and virtually no one watches it on TV
The closest league to the MLS here is the fucking IRL I'm sick of people thinking it's anything more than a low end middle of the pack sport here.

Anytime anyone some brain let says there's no strategy to football just point to the size of the coaching staffs. There's a formal coach in some form for about every 2 players in the nfl

>Play 162/82 games
>Lose 5 straight
>Means absolutely nothing in the other 3
>your seasons over in the NFL
>A boatload more preparation and importance rides on each individual play/game
Come on dude

>more creative than football

Literally nothing is more progressive and creative than football. It’s a documented fact.

Are you so insecure you have to defend yourself at every possible sign? You're mentally ill.

>mention soccer when the discussion wasn't even about it
>i point that out
>hurrr ur a retard xD
you forgot to mention your post's sponsor

>it's fucking soccer on ice
casual scum

No more (You)s from me you freak, get your brain checked.

>getting so riled up defending 'your' sport on a Tibetan knitting discussion board

Sad!