Police training

Who cop here?

Do you get this type of training?

Would it help?

youtu.be/HlpX1DwEB1k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HW5RW3o0po
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

While I'm not a cop, I do train BJJ in a gym with several police officers.

They all seem to enjoy it and recognize its usefulness.

shoot them first ask questions later

BJJ would never be practical for a real situation a methhead or crack head or any other person will bite your nuts off

I used to do it, and would love to get back on the mat.
I know it gives you a new level of confidence and control, which in my humble opinion, seems to be lacking in the officers you do hear about.

Did you watch the video? Actual crack head

Short answer, no. The ground is not a place you want to go.

Yea, it can also give you some new ways to lightly abuse somebody without actually hurting them (Just saying, since I've seen the videos of cops beating the shit out of people unnecessarily). My recommendation in this area is diaphragm crushes. Slowly squeezes the life out of them, nothing they can really do, and leaves them unharmed.

I would not want the chance of one of them biting me or spitting on me, some people have things like herpes and aids in terms of martial art being used by the police I think it should stay to striking and maybe just minimal BJJ/wrestling, but thats just my opinion. I don't want to exchange any fluids with people kek

>BJJ
>not practical for real life

fights tend to go to the ground, learning about grappling can be very important if you are going to be fighting

youtube.com/watch?v=4HW5RW3o0po
dont do it kid, it will literally turn you into an brazilian gigolo

You're not supposed to be fighting.

>People can't spit on you while standing.

I honestly think it's more practical for law enforcement than striking is. You want to be able to control and disable a perpetrator, not punch them out. And if you do want them unconscious, chokes are still a superior method.

Also if you get skilled at it there's basically no way somebody who doesn't know grappling is going to get you in a bad position.

the ground is the mostly likely way to lose your gun and get shot. only reason it didn't happen here is because the perp wasn't committed enough and didn't want to escalate. someone else more ballsy and foolish would and it would get messy.

Fights only go to the ground because 99 percent of people don't know how to strike. I always laugh when I hear that shit that fights usually go to the ground. Yeah they do when you have guys who can't pinch or kick.

With BJJ or wrestling you have to deal with people biting or striking your vital points also rolling around in the mud with crackheads is not something I would see as empowering there are some people that you just dont want to be within arms reach sometimes

>nly reason it didn't happen here is because the perp wasn't committed enough and didn't want to escalate

This. He was just trying to run and when he got tackled he only put up enough resistance to not get clobbered. The cop should have paid more attention in his TASER class too.

If you know how to grapple and they don't, you won't really be rolling around.

You're going to end up on top in a dominant position. If you're good enough their arms will be restrained as well and they're probably being choked at the same time.

Also, if you don't want to be within arms reach of someone, that doesn't really make striking any more viable.

In striking you should have an invisible line (leg or arm distance depending on what you use or they use) thats what I meant by not wanting to be within arms reach if they do cross that line you will be able to strike him

You could be right, experience wise if you know what you're doing you can have control but there are lots of unknowns like pulling out a knife/weapon, if he wants to grab your testicles or bite your neck or ear.

OP asked if cops are trained in grappling, as a cop I'm answering "no". It's a good way to get killed. Suppose whoever that chucklefuck was filming was on the perp's side? There'd be a pretty swift boot to the cops head.

>there are lots of unknowns like pulling out a knife/weapon

General risk of being a cop.

>f he wants to grab your testicles or bite your neck or ear.

Fair enough, and something generally warned and emphasized about in classes.

Just saying there are 4 cops at the gym I train at.

While I'm not saying it's going to be your first choice, it's a good skill to have as a cop.

Jiujitsu, great one-on-one. Not so good many-on-one.

I was referring to professional training. Having skills is never a bad idea. But, you fight how you train. Having the ground as your go to is a bad idea. The professional training revolves around taking control and remaining more or less on your feet/knees. Your head needs to be up and aware of your surroundings, not in a headlock. The grappling training we did receive was simple escapes.

>Not so good many-on-one.

Aside from a gun, what is good many on one?

Back up.

Absolutely. One of my friends/instructors is a ufc vet / black belt and offers these courses.

Every chucklefuck has a punchers chance, but 6 months of training ground fighting will make you able to wipe out 95% of people your size or lower.

bruce lee said choy li fut was good for fighting multiple people and that its one of the only kung fu styles to beat the thai boxers

>Having the ground as your go to is a bad idea

Yea, this is true for fighting in general.

Of course it makes no sense to just get on your back and pull guard in most situations.

But many times it isn't your choice.

(While I'm no cop, I'm complimenting my BJJ with Muay Thai. I'm really enjoying how they mesh.)

At least one cop is in my relatively small BJJ class. I doubt it is part of his official training though.

was the only kung fu*

Did you ever try looking that up on youtube or liveleak? There are quite a few videos available so you don't have to make such a fool of yourself.

You're a pussy, we get it.

>BJJ
Don't forget to cup the balls.

Years ago, before MMA was a big thing, my grandfather gave me this advice, "If a guy wants to box, make him get down and wrestle. If he wants to wrestle, make him stand up and box." That advice has served me well.

Why is the presenter speaking to me like its a kids tv show? It's like something from MTV.

That's just the way they've always done it in their fight breakdowns.

In real life combat you should use striking first and use grappling as a last resort. You see a lot of strikers lose to the grapplers because the grapplers bum rush them but if you are dealing with a skilled striker or someone with a weapon or a crazy person that you really shouldn't.

Its not about being a pussy, you don't know what people are capable of

Yeah if it is at all possible, my first defense is retreat. It's worked so far.

sounds more like a
BBC to me

The reason I called you a pussy was you seemed to not want to get close to a smelly crackhead even if it was the best option to control the situation.

I read into your comments and I'm tired and high, and love to rustle jimmies.

I love you though, never forget.

Yeah I was going to say that kek, you never know if someone can snap and use retard strength or be like that bath salts guy

Jew Jitsu is gay as fuck and is useless against > 1 opponents.

Its ok and if it was the best option of control the situaton I would do it

Why is their symbol the pedophile triangle?