Ghost in the Shell's review embargo lifts one day before the movie comes out

>Ghost in the Shell's review embargo lifts one day before the movie comes out

That's it
It's gonna tank.

screenrant.com/ghost-shell-movie-2017-opening-building-jump/

How does a review embargo work anyway and why doesn't every movie production does it, mr. OP?

bump

no one here will be surprised

>How does a review embargo work anyway
Movie company lets critics see the movie early, under the condition that they're only allowed to release the reviews on X day.

> and why doesn't every movie production does it,
Because if a company is confident the reviews are positive, they want people to read the reviews and generate positive buzz. If the company thinks the reviews will be bad, they don't want people reading them and so set the embargo date right before the movie releases.

So why even let reviewers see it if it'll be panned? Negative reviews are still better than no reviews sales-wise?

>Disney movie
>Bombing
fat fucking chance

Disney pays reviewers out the ass

It's Paramount and Dreamworks.

Why are gaijins allowed to handle niponese franchises?

Refusing to screen a movie for reviews at all is reported as a sign that the movie is utter trash.

By who? The leftist reviewer media? Most of the stuff they output is fake reviews anyways.

reviewers will be even more grumpy if they have to pay for their own tickets and don't receive a bullshit gift bag.

And it's another thread ruined by Sup Forums. Don't why I even bothered posting.

how the fuck is that Sup Forums

get out shill

>leftist
>media (MSM)
>fake reviews

The Sup Forums thought terminating cliche holy trinity

the first post didn't mention any of those

What Sup Forums? I don't even go there lol. I can't stand the nauseating amounts of americentrism there. Even posters from other countries start to circle around those topics, it's like they don't have shit happening in their countries or regions.

>isn't even a Disney movie

How does it feel to be a retarded parrot with no will of its own?

How does it feel to be a shill for awful adapations

Do you actually think before you post or is your consciousness purely a set of automated responses? Your very existence is a pathetic farce.

>I-I-I-I'm not Sup Forums!
>Anyone I don't like is a shill

One last post for the future. If I was a shill, I would claim that having the embargo set right before release was to protect the audience from spoilers or the other bullshit studios claim to avoid saying they're afraid people will have the chance to read the reviews. And If I was a shill I definitely wouldn't say that anyone could figure out this movie was going to be trash from the moment it was announced, and every piece of information since then has easily confirmed that. But again, you're a mindless Sup Forums shitposter where the entire world is divided between people who agree with you and people who are paid to disagree with you, so arguing is pointless and I'll leave this thread to you.

Dude, I am too hyped for the newest capeshit

Jesus, literally nothing you say is unique, your mind is like a sponge. I think talking to you is a wasted endeavor.

I'm on to you Disneyshill

I'm not even reading this, just glancing at this gives me autism vicariously.

>That's it
>It's gonna tank.

Who thought this would be good?

The source material was too involved to reach outside the autist sphere to begin with. So they fuck with the source to make it into US friendly popcorn movie material thus negating the only thing that made it interesting.

So now you instead have Generic Sci Fi schlock 2017. High budget, low audience appeal and the sticker you slapped on it for brand recognition is just tanking it with the supposed built in fanbase.

Hollywood is run by morons.

Duh, have you SEEN the trailers?