Yafeelme!
4>2>1>3?5
Muh Port fags need not apply

>Those young black men are breaking the law by selling drugs

>Omar finds it funny that he also breaks the law by robbing them

What are they gonna do go to the cops? No its all in the game

I didn't like him much 2bh

thug aim

what was the purpose in making him a fag? to promote equality among inner city gangs?

retards

Why did season 5 have to be so shit bros. It's not fair

first half of S1 and S2 also suck

S4 is the goat season

I agree 100%. Thoughts on season 3?

The seemingly contrary actions of Omar to the efficient flow of the narcotics peddling community is, in fact, part and parcel to the nature of criminality as a whole.

Season 5 is not bad at all if follows the kids and marlos story line which everyone loves because season 4 is everyone's favorite. The fact that people say 5 is the worst and 4 is the best when they are basically following the same people proves people just like to follow the hive mind.

Explain for me how season 4 is the best and 5 is the worst? They both deal with the kids and marlo. The only difference is the fake serial killer which is only one of the side stories going on

That's not necessarily true. If season 5 was about something more interesting and relevant than the fucking struggles of being a newspaper reporter and staging homeless murders, it would probably be received better. I say, erase the whole newspaper plot, change McNultys plot and make the main arch about the kids, Marlo and Carcetti

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Niggers often slap words together in the hopes it eventually makes sense. They do this in every country they end up in.

Who would you be more scared of.
A black thug who robs you if you sell drugs.
OR a GAY black thug who robs you if you sell drugs and makes you his bitch while hes at it.

EA Sports paid them millions.

we pay for the choices we make

no matter how much we try to obscure those choices to ourselves

I lived in Cleveland for most of my life in the hood. It's a somewhat common thing for 2 black cellmates to fuck each other. Sometimes it leaks out of prison, and some are even open about it.
I think Omar is supposed to represent that. While also being there for some character diversity yes. Not everything in a tv show is a political statement. As a matter of fact, most things that happen in tv shows aren't a political statement until people like you project your own beliefs onto it.

THREAD IS DYING SO I CAN FINALLY SAY IT
SEASON 3 IS THE BEST
THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEESTTTTTTTTT

3=4>1>2

I haven't finished 5

3>1>2>4>5

>4 that high

Prove me wrong
>2 that low
>4 that low

lived in Bmore for four years. was a shithole and full of nogs. Graduated and moved out of the city, back home. though I resented it at the time, I actually find myself missing the city. Watching the Wire really takes me back. Nostalgia is a bitch lads

2>4>1=3>5

4 and 2 are the clear top 2

Parents divorced and remarried. Mom stayed in Ohio. Dad moved to New York and then D.C. and then Maryland. He had partial custody and he lived in a few different places notably Laurel, Ellicott City, and Silver Spring. Anyway, the whole series makes me nostalgic for Maryland--blue crab, Utz Crab Chips, the beer, etc. Probably my most vivid memory of the city of Baltimore was visiting Homewood Field at Johns Hopkins. I wanted so badly to play lacrosse there as a kid. I remember visiting the campus and thinking it was kind of dumpy, but great school. I don't remember much about the city of Baltimore, but I've traveled all over that state. Inner Harbor and Annapolis (the state's capital) were probably my favorite places to go.

Pardon my blog. The Wire makes me nostalgic.

Wtf is this shit he wears in his head?

Being on the downlow is actually quite common among thugs

A non-tied do-rag. Basically a hat for people that can't afford a hat and don't understand the purpose of a hat.

2>3>4>1>5

>tfw niggerese fluency subpar
>only realized yesterday while youtubing scenes that snoop's catchphrase/yell spells out 'ya heard'
>all those 'ya heard' posts in wire threads years ago i dismissed as shitposts

hehe, i went to Hopkins. I get it perfectly

1=2=3=4>5

it's my favorite show

Wire threads make me realize how shallow this show is. You can't really go in depth into any of the characters. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong

>Wire threads make me realize how shallow this show is.
>threads on Sup Forums's television & film board make me realize how shallow this show is.
I would consider a larger sample size.

name one show with as many characters of the quality the Wire had

>everything about the Wire is supposed to be realistic and very grounded in reality
>dude lets throw in a superhero that walks around hoods stealing from the drug dealers with a double barrel in plain sight despite any random crackhead being able to shank him or corner nigga pop his head off at any given time and everyones really scared of him for some reason and he talks like a community college shakespeare student

Sopranos, Mad Men. The Shield maybe

>You can't really go in depth into any of the characters.
Character 'depth' is the only metric for quality?

The only good characters in The Sopranos are Tony and Christopher. The rest can't act and they're shit

Well in all fairness, the acting and directing is never outstanding. The writing is the only other worthwhile metric

I haven't seen the Sopranos but I love comparing between the inner city gangs in the Wire and then the mafia in Godfather and Goodfellas

What they value, their ethics, etc

made him more interesting and showed the homophobia in the gangsta culture

>people pretending 4 is the best season

Stop this meme, please.

3 is the worst

Sorry we can't all talk about LE WATCH IT LE CHRISSY or LE GABAGOOOLL or LE CLOSE LE DOOOOR meme gabage from Sopranos

Its Greek tragedy, everyone is fucked and that's the way life is.

Every. Fucking. Character.

That being said it isn't really a character driven show, its plot driven

Its also why the Sopranos is better, purely character driven

DEFINITIVE RANKING:

2 - Frank Sobotka is one of the most tragic heroes in modern history. They successfully mixed in the drug and sex slave importation in with the street gang happenings

4 - the slow, methodical splitting up of the kids from the beginning to the end of the season was torment emotionally. Who rooted for all of them but the game pulled them in like a tornado

3 - Marlo's rise along with the fall of B&B was well put together

1 - strong intro season. Pretty straightforward though

5 - DUDE BUREAUCRACY LMAO

He was based on an actual person named Donnie Andrews, who somehow lived to the age of 58. True story.

i dunno user I agree with you but the really non-flashy aesthetic of the show is super important for the realism factor which is another thing the show is great at

Totally agree on S2 - Sobotka's arc was heartbreaking.

Friendly reminder that all the stevedores excpet Nicky would have voted for Trump. All of them

i disregard season 3 entirely because i fucking hate bunny colvin and his no drug war fairytale land

It reinforces his status as an outsider.

>What did he mean by this? Really, I didn't get that
"The game" is the criminal life they live. Some win, some lose. There are different teams and all that.
In another scene D'Angelo is explaining the game in terms of chess.

>Mad Men and the Shield
gtfo
>Sopranos
has half as many characters and still is only equally as dynamic/interesting in their character

thats why most shows have a gay character now

because 20% of people are gay

it works if you consider it as an example of how detached from reality and inefficient the police department of Baltimore actually is, especially the top brass, who can't even keep their subordinates in check, let alone the criminals in the city.

Actually, thats a fair point.

>unions
>voting republican
Uhhh

>muh docks
>muh mysterious international crime syndicate
Season 2 is shit

kek

2>1>3>4>5

The only true ranking.

Omar was based on a real person whose real life antics were apparently even more absurd than Omar's.

To show that he's beyond the normal gangland lifestyle where fags like Slim and Wee-Bey stay in the closet

Are you memeing or do you really think >muh is real criticism?

Omar is a highway man. Based off actual police reports. Its common in cities to have thievecs rip off thieves

Just because the acting and directing are understated and subtle doesn't mean they aren't outstanding.

agreed muh greeks was a fucking joke

The 44th president of The United States thinks Omar is the best character in The Wire. Do you agree with him?

Had Kenard not killed him, who would you have wanted to kill him?

Top 5 for sure

1. Slim Charles
2. Bubbles
3. Omar
4. Prop Joe
5. Chris

Bubbles is #1 followed by Joe and Frank

this

I really really like this ranking

1. Baltimore
2. Stringer Bell
3. McNulty