Iron Fist

Thoughts? Im on episode 2 and kind of like it so far

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNaAFNFh9HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm on episode 2 as well, it's pretty good I think.

>episode 2
I wonder if spending one whole episode in a mental hospital is necessary.

youtube.com/watch?v=hNaAFNFh9HA

This has better fight choreography than this abomination.

pleb musings: the thread.

I managed to watch it all so it wasn't completely awful I guess?

pretty steady compared to luke cage and jessica jones that would fluctuate from being good to painfully awful, iron fist was consistently average.

That's something to look forward to i guess

I've seen it all and I have a question about the end for others that have seen it.

When Davos is talking to Joy, he says the Iron Fist needs to be eliminated. But why does Joy want to kill Danny?
She was super against killing anyone. And last she saw of Danny, he sacrificed himself to save her and her family.
What the hell? What a cunt.

Episode 7 is great.

If I remember right, she was convinced that Danny coming back was what caused the entire downfall of her family (which is kinda true but kinda not).

The real only hanging question in that ending is ether Davos is working with Gao or if she was just eavesdropping.

I loved the drunked master style fight, but maybe just because I love drunken master.

as soon as you see him slumped in that doorway sleeping with the wine jugs, GET HYPE

enjoy the flashbacks

I liked it. It had enough kung fu tropes and yellow fever pandering to keep me satisfied. It's also more consistent than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Faramir is also an entertaining as fuck 80s villain. He was a definite highlight.

I'm on episode 6 and I kinda like it

Also, this girl, her smile and nose are so qt

Joy is fucking retarded. She's the Misty Knight of the series.

>tfw they don't like the ice cream you bought them

It's fucking garbage.
Rush job writing, poorly casted except for Ward, god awful editing and choreography.

All of these criticisms are valid

And yet...

I am on episode 9 and still enjoying it.

Danny is likeable despite the characterization being all over the place.

I enjoy the fights despite them being cheap, shoddy and obviously poor quality

Madam Gao is excellent

>Ward
all the maechums are pretty good

Ep 10 is where they drop the ball

It's fucking awful, not as bad as Luke Cage but still miles below Daredevil and Jessica Jones

I think a lot of the fights are pretty good, for the most part. Some of the editing is a bit choppy, but I can't think of any fights I actively disliked. There's some great stuff in the final episodes.

Ward and Harold are great. Joy less so, despite being fuckable.

Why are marvelcucks shilling this abortion so hard?

Her expressivity is killing me in a good way

Faramir, Colleen, and the drunken master fight were literally the only good parts. Everything else was trash.

I wish I had just watched Luke Cage again.

IMO it was 6 or 7/10 all the way up until the last episode which was so bad it dragged the series down to 1/10.

I just want to know what they fuck they were thinking with the whole rooftop scene.

Not a Marvelcuck and not interested in shilling. Watched it, formed my own opinion and enjoyed it. Fuck that guy, fuck you and fuck anyone else.

Some redeeming quality but so far the worst of the Netflix cape shows. The plot is nonsensical.
>The Hand is running a nice college campus that looks like a Christian School for ninjas with scholarships and such
>Everyone is afraid about an old chinese lady that you could tie to a chair
>Fighting scenes are kinda bad and everything IF says is comical
>It was The Hand, no it was the Evil side of The Hand, no it was the Hand all along, no it was Meachum!
>The fucking backgrounds with the skyscrapers: they're all flat, I ended up notice it all the time
>Apparently a guy who can punch things with a lot of strenght is so important for no reason at all, just shoot him with hundreds of bullets ffs
>what happened to the cancer side story at the beginning

DDS1 > DDS2 > JJ (because of Kilgrave) > LC > POWER GAP > A STEAMING PILE OF CRAP > IF

Im just glad super hero movies are finally starting to die off. They have never been good except for the rare gem like Dark Knight Rises or maybe Deadpool only because it doesn't try to take itself so seriously.

DD, JJ, and LK were all okay... IF is a little below them. Compared to Legion they are all trash.

The critical reaction is another over-exaggerated fiasco similar to the way True Detective 2 went down. It's not perfect by any means, but I'll be fucked if its anywhere near as bad as these faggots make it out to be. Some of them actually think The Flash is a good example of superhero TV.

I couldn't get passed 2 eps of that garbage show.

DDS1 is massively overrated. It has a ton of boring filler, and Fisk is not a good villain (despite being played perfectly)

Honestly, Daredevil never once bored me. I find it to be be the most engrossing of the four shows by a fairly big margin.

- Claire is a shoe-in, doesn't make sense, appearance is a total coincidence

- not enough Kung Fu. too much politics, corporate drama, etc.

- weakest cast.

- focus is lost on titular character with so many different stories being presented.

Lol at capeshit dying because a few bad reviews, that's not going to stop people watching it or making it

I genuinely think it's great. I usually ignore critics but after watching the entire season I went back and read some reviews. These people should be ashamed of themselves. Luckily most of them have now destroyed their own credibility.

Because the motivations of the characters especially the meachums make no fucking sense throughout the series.

The series had no direction or substance to it so they just kept switching up alliances between Harold, Ward, Joy, Danny, Colleen, the Hand, and K'nlun until you were convinced something was actually happening during those 13 episodes.

Fair but it's pretty obvious the whole comic movie has peaked, but it won't end till every character is dragged through the mud and comicfags are milked for all their worth without any regard for quality.

I find all of the Punisher parts from s2 much more interesting than s1.
Ninjas aren't that bad too
I don't get why anybody who liked previous parts would dislike it

Just like JJ and LC, it's flawed but I liked it enough to keep watching and have no regrets about it. They all piss on DC's CW fodder so I'm looking forward to The Defenders and The Punisher.

Logan was awesome.

Faramir was the a-typical 80s villain in a suit with added ham & cheese, and I fucking loved him for it. The final battle was even a rooftop fight at night with steam.

why do you equate iron fist on netlfix getting weak reviews to super hero movies failing? that makes no sense, you are an idiot.

guardians of the galaxy comes out next month and will print money.

The thing that bothered me is when Danny was in the rooftop and hits Harold that goes straight to the ground, and Danny simply runs away.

It gets better not.

>Defends opinion
>Shits on others
>Not shilling

The Meachums were either sociopaths, in the case of Ward and Harold, or only cared about "muh LEGACY" like Joy. Joy also thought that her father's downfall was Danny's fault, even though without Danny, Harold would have no doubt killed Ward, and then would have killed Joy. She even realizes this, I think, when she's recovering in the hospital after Ward shows her that Harold set up Danny. It's just a case of a female character being written poorly. I mean, she was in denial of Harold's insanity the entire time for no other reason than to move the show forward and give Harold a character that trusted him.

To shill, I would have to actively say LOL GUYS WATCH THIS SHOW IT'S AWESOME.

I'm not doing that, nor will I proceed to do it. Go be ignorant elsewhere.

>rooftop scene
That reminds me.
>Danny knocks down Harold
>gun flies out of his hand
>run away to hide again

>make a show about a guy who got glowing fist superpowers from punching a dragon in the heart
>somehow make it boring

I'm on episode 8 but I'm getting pretty sick of Danny talking about K'un-Lun.

SHOW, DON'T FUCKING TELL!

What's the point in even making a show about a kung fu master if his fight scenes aren't that great? Coulda made a show about the millions of other unimportant Marvel characters

that part annoyed me. Hardold was unarmed and Danny had the perfect chance to attack, but he runs and hides again instead, doesn't even grab the gun.

That was actually retarded.

I actually laughed at that. The guys is the Iron Fist, the greatest martial artist in the entire universe and runs after disarming his opponents.