Can you guess who holds the record for most points earned through goals in a single season?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbC3CTtVxPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is it kane?

Kane devours on shit teams so try again. It took me a lot of math so you better fucking guess

what do you even mean?

If you score a goal in a 1-0 win, you earn you team 3 points. If you score a hat trick when already leading 3-0, you don't do anything to help your team.

>you don't do anything to help your team
Typical retard from a non-football country

>what is killing your opponent's morale so they don't even think of trying a comeback

that sounds retardedly arbitrary.

Like when AC Milan were up 3-0 against Liverpool?

icardi

That's only this season, and he's not on track to beat it. He has 23 points earned this season, the record is 50

You're proving my point
>if someone had scored a fourth goal, you would call it worthless, yet it would have been the nail in the coffin and avoid a comeback

Messi 2012-13

btfo

I'm not saying it's the be all end all stat, but I think it's has it's uses as well.
No, he had 36 points that season. The record is 50 and was set in the same decade

>be all end all stat
But that's goals+assists

That's useful as well; don't get me wrong. But like I said if you're up 3-0 then 'Arry Kane comes and scores a hat trick, what does that really do for you? I mean individually it's impressive but from a club point of view not a whole lot

Ronaldo 2013-14

Anything within the 4 goal difference is useful, considering 3 goal comebacks are very common

Anything within the 2 goal difference is extremely useful

That's 38, so closer

Clarify something, it's league-only, or whole season?

Well you don't win points from cup games do you? League only

Vardy 2015-16

Messi

Shearer 1994-95

Suarez 12-13

Gerd Müller 1971-72

I meant 13-14

Vardy won 28. I'd recommend a season in which the team won a lot of points
Wrong
Only looking at 38 games or less season

We all slip up every now and then.

No, surprising scoring hat tricks against forest don't earn you many points as he had only 20 that season
Only teams with a 3 points for a win system as well. Bayern as a team won 55 points. The record is 50

>If you score a goal in a 1-0 win, you earn you team 3 points
bruh, if you do that, you only earn two points

>Only looking at 38 games or less season
Your stat keeps getting more and more arbitrary senpai

>Only teams with a 3 points for a win system as well
You're just being lazy now

Don't you dare call it a record with all these arbitrary restrictions

How else would it be fair to compare though? I mean if there was a league where a win gave your team 100 points that would be unfair to compare to 3 points for a win

Make it as % of points of team winning a league title

Because honestly, using your logic that 4-0 goals are useless:
>if the points didn't help win a title, they're worthless

When comparing two things it's usually kosher to keep as many variables the same as possible

>How else would it be fair to compare though?
per game

That's fair, but that's another calculation to take into account and so far each one I've done has been done in a 38 game, 3 point system so I haven't felt the need

Ronaldo 11/12

Finally you got it

Messi 09/10 and Ronaldo 11/12 are both tied with 2,63 points per game though, a more sensible stat

But Messi missed out 3 league games

>2.63 points per game
Huh? Where did you get that math?

no, it's points fucking scored by the team
football is a fucking team sport you americanised shitlords

Also
>goals scored for a blowout are worthless
>the 8 points above what you need to win the league title are worthy

Well, turn Madris last 3 wins into a loss and Ronaldo still had 46 points, still a record

Did you award 3 points for turning a tie into a win even though it's 2 points?

Did you actually award 3 points to single-handedly scoring 2 goals after being 0-1 down?

>Did you award 3 points for turning a tie into a win even though it's 2 points?
No, I added 2 points for that
>Did you actually award 3 points to single-handedly scoring 2 goals after being 0-1 down?
Yes. Any other questions? If you're curious Messi in 11-12 had 43 points

4-3 win, after being 0-3 down

the player that scored the first three gets 1 point
the player that scored the fourth gets 2 points?

I never came across a situation where someone scored 3 to take a game to 3-3

And what would you have done? What are the rules, exactly?

Do you get a % of a win?

No, which is why the stat isn't the be all end all like I said. In the situation you prescribed the person scoring the hat trick would be given only 1 where the other person who obviously wasn't more important would be given 2. But at the end of the day no stat is perfect

/thread

>the absolute state of donaldo statistical contortionists

You need a metric for the 'deadness' of the game: at what point the opposition stops trying.

I miss early years Real Madrid Ronaldo

In the Hungarian league you still have a 2 point win league?

>spanish math

If it's 0-0 and you score once, your goal earned your team 2 additional points, not 3.

Oh shit I'm a moron. That's funny because something like half of Ronaldo's points from the EPL come from early penalties and his team never falling behind

>cherry picking record so donaldo can win in his delusion
the absolute state of donaldo bandwagoner

Dear God, Penaldo fans' mental gymnastics are getting desperate... They're watching the ship sink and there's just not enough damage control for them
This thread is incredible

this is literally the only non retarded post here

Literally me.

What even is this thread
Did this autist seriously find the most super specific mental gymnastic stat he could just to make Ronaldo look good?
"Points per goal"? Wtf is this? I guess securing a lead doesn't mean shit now. I bet if you looked in other leagues you'd find a higher points per goal ratio

>Oh shit I'm a moron
That you are

>muh arbitrary record

meanwhile on the pitch
youtube.com/watch?v=mbC3CTtVxPA