/got/ general

Azor Jon edition

Azor Jon

Finally first for Azor Jaqen.

Euron Crazy Baby Greyjoy

I'm not saying what I want, just saying what people want/like.

If you were to ask people to list the best GoT scenes, pretty sure less than 5% of them would mention Jaime in the bathtub anywhere in the top 10. Or at all.

It would only be stuff like the battle of bastards, 10 different scenes with the dragons doing dragon-y shit, arya killing walder/the waif, hardhome battle...

Why do you think they turn every character into a badass/meme. because that's what people like.

No reasonable character talking about peace like Catelyn and Ellarianne, because peace = weak and boring.

Jaqen H'ghar, born in the free city of Lorath, was a Lorathi criminal who later emigrated to Braavos to become a Faceless Men. After getting the Braavos citizenship, he began the training in the House of Black and White.

Jaqen H'ghar is Lorathi-Braavosi former criminal turned Faceless Men.

But why was Jaqen a criminal?
Why did he emigrated to Braavos?
Why did he became a member of the Faceless Men?
Does Jaqen still have relatives? Other H'ghar brothers and sisters?
Does Jaqen H'ghar work-out? Hobbies?

You are Robb Stark, you've just learned Cat has released Jaime Lannister who could've been used as a much more valuable hostage to bargain for more than just two girls. How livid would you be?

I'd be gutted desu.

Angry as fuck but can't kill her cause kinslaying.

Lock her up, legitimize Jon and force Cat to marry him to keep the Tullys supporting Jon should I die.

Jaqen R'aper

Pretty fucking livid. But I probably would have already necked myself after I released a valuable hostage and my two brothers died as a result.

Ser Patrek of King's mountain.

>
> > Sorry, D&D, you don't get to blame the viewers for your complete and utter lack of talent.
>
> I'm not saying what I want, just saying what people want/like.

No, you’re regurgitating Hollywood bullshit;

“Oh, but the goy… I mean, viewers _want_ a retarded story with shit characters behaving like morons! We’re just giving the goy… I mean, public what they want!”

GoT isn’t a convoluted or confusing story, it’s pretty straight-forward and easily adapted to tv, except Hollywood is full of unbelievably arrogant yet talentless shekel-shufflers who literally think they can write a better story then original author (who has sold a bazillion copies worldwide…)

We’re not getting movies and tv shows, we’re getting extended advertisements created by a studio marketing department, looking to hit all the currently hot demographic points (i.e. dingbat women viewers who pay the cable bill).

Pree!

The show's audience has nearly tripled since going from Season 1's "follow the books, most changes are cuts due to time and budget restraints" to Season 6's "make up whatever the fuck nonsensical bullshit D&D are feeling that day."

>legitimize Jon and force Cat to marry him
We you, jonelynfag.
Clever way to plug in your shit tho.

robb should've hate-fucked her.

Drogon is the best character

Look at the top grossing movies of the decades.
No one gives a fuck about good stories. They pay for badass shit.

There are good stories being produced. No one pays to see them. Or not enough anyway.

>Azor Jon edition

There is only one Azor Ahai, and his name is Ser Jorah Mormont of The Bear Island, Hero of The Siege of Pyke, Winner of the Tourney at Lannisport, proud brother of the Golden Company, friend of the Dothraki, Destroyer of Grayscale and Leader of the Armies of Daenerys Targaryen, the Stormborn

>Azor Jon edition

Jaqen H'Ghar, once a free man of the free city of Lorath, leader of the Faceless Men in Braavos.

Jaqen H'ghar will become the king of Westeros, ruler of the seven kingdoms. With blessings of the Many-Faced God, he will destroy the White Walkers and become the Azor Ahai.

Azor Jaqen

>There is only one Azor Ahai, and somehow his name is not Azor Ahai

rly makes u think

Reminder plot twist that George has in mind is that the dragons don't actually exist and Daenerys has been using them as a coping device for the loss of her brother, son and husband. Once Tyrion meets her and sees there are no dragons she'll finally crack and become the Mad Queen we've all been wanting.

How do you explain the death of Kraznys, Pyat Pree, burnings of the nobles of Meereen, dragonfire against the sons of Harpys and of course, Tyrion saw the dragons himself.

But now I realize you are talking about the books and not the tv show.

Oops, my mistake.

I wonder how people will actually react if this actually happens.

Nah, I'll tell you why she goes mad:

>Euron unites to Cersei to destroy Daenerys
>Euron has a horn he got from Old Valyria that can kill dragons
>Euron will usethat horn to kill one dragon, that will eventually become a white walker
>the horn will also force the wall to colapse, letting the Walkers in the Kingdom
>seeing her dragon die will make her mad, and she will make some crazy shit
>eventually Jorah will be forced to kill her, because her lover Jon won't have the balls to kill her
>Jorah will then leave to the Night's Watch, becoming its 1000th commander

George RR Martin is a better writer than "Whatever his name RR Tolkien

Lord of the Rings is such a boring fantasy nerd books.

I wonder if part of the reason other than sheer laziness, autism (can only write at home, on one computer, using one finger at a time) procrastination and a loss of interest, that George hasn't written the next book yet is that the fanbase and morality has changed,

Looking over why sansafags hate Dany and Arya besides jealousy, they see white savior trope, white woman and colored savages trope, only women who act like men can be feminists or tough trope, women can't lead and are all crazy or use sex to get ahead trope. The female fanbase has become SJWs and George has to take that into account. What would've been fine 20 or 15 years ago is offensive now. Like that comic of a woman watching an old show and saying how sexist, homophobic and racist it is and how the show is actually shit.

Tomorrow George RR Martin will announce the release date of TWOW, the book will be released this year.

You have GRRM word on it.

>Once Tyrion meets her and sees there are no dragons
>no dragons

You mean, no dragons no unsullied no sellsword companies no freedmen no meereen no nothing?

Dany made it all up?

I like Tolkien but I don't like the damage he caused fantasy, too many emulators who are using his world, races, etc. Shame though since there's a lot of post WW1 and pre WW2 fantasy which is pretty interesting that doesn't get looked at much by the general public since LOTRs overshadowed their popularity.

And to fantasy readers, do you think we're in a repeat of the Tolkien cash in crazy from the 80s?

Was anyone else bothered by how fast the gold melted when Drogo burned it? I usually don't get autistic about chemistry but that didn't sit right with me.

Especially because soup was in there. Fucking soup! It's not as if he put it in the forge or something.

I'd give much to get back to these times where this was a legit complain.

If this happened in S5+, Dany would just breathe on the gold and it'd catch fire.

what's zombiefu's endgame?

Kill everyone involved in Robb's death.

When Jaqen and Arya reunite again, they will share some ale, cheese cloth and some frey pies.

hopefully cuddling with me

before or after he rapes her?

What makes you think that Jaqen is rapist or that he will rape cute little Arya?

Like I said; We’re not getting movies and tv shows, we’re getting extended advertisements created by a studio marketing department, looking to hit all the currently hot demographic points (i.e. dingbat women viewers who pay the cable bill).

People will watch quality if you give it to them but it's safer to follow the paint-by-numbers that the marketing dept. created.

> it's Tolkien's fault other writers are hacks!

>What makes you think that Jaqen is rapist
because he will rape arya
> or that he will rape cute little Arya?
because she's cute and he's a rapist

>People will watch quality if you give it to them
Objection, this is a claim not supported by evidence.

Nobody copies Tolkien anyway. They copy the pop culture perception of Tolkien, more based on things like D&D than what he actually wrote. It'd be too hard to copy the original.

I would fix the first post by saying : People will watch what they perceive as quality if you give it to them.

But they think GoT is quality. They think Star Wars is quality. Normies definition of quality is just badass shit, meme quotes, and lots of splosions.

There are movies with good scripts, good dialogues, a story that makes sense and isn't just about chaining badass shit for 2 hours...
And they don't sell, not as much as the star wars, jurrasic world, avatar, etc...
People don't want elaborate plots and well written story. they want cheap, action-packed entertainment.

Yes pleb confirmed.

Will Tyrion ever find and meet Tysha again?

"Wherever whore go and where do whores go? "

It is such a long way to go. The journey will not be easy and it never will.

Trips! You got trips!

You must be proud of yourself sir.

Good night lads, I'm going to sleep right now. Back to my comfy bedroom.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he was usurping tropes 20 years ago when he started the story but it's taken so long that his story is becoming cliche

What is love

people only watch quality if other people tell them it's quality.

Few people actually want to make up their own mind on what's good or not. That's why there is an entire industry for reviewing games, books, tv, film, music, etc.

The problem with GoT is that bookfags are not the producers' target audience anymore.

Are book FM just good assassins, no more?
Or are they godmode meme ninjas?

Say, if someone forced one into a 1v1 duel to death against a fighter like Sandor Clegane, would he get obliterated?

its for a character who died in season 5

They can change faces and shit, but we never saw one magically kill all the guards like Jaqen did in S2, or see them engaged in any form of martial arts. So they're more like magical assassins.

make westeros great again

TARLY#302

Why did Rhaegar name both his sons Aegon?

because he's a retarded faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagot

Why did she name Rhaegal and Viserion those names when Rhaegar and Viserys are dead and can't have them?

prophecy. his chosen one was meant to be aegon the first come again.

pretty fucking gay how you keep trying to force this meme

because they were name sakes you inbred moron

Based Jon thread
Thank you, OP

Does this mean Rhaegal and Viserion are going to die like bitches too?

We see you replying to yourself