How do Disney drones feel that they'll never get another Star Wars on par with the Lucas ones...

How do Disney drones feel that they'll never get another Star Wars on par with the Lucas ones? How do they feel that they'll never have a scene matching the intro of Ep3 or Luke snapping at Vader in Ep6? How do they feel that the films basically mimick the older films like a Chinese copy rather than actually doing something new? The only "risks" are the calculated leftist pandering influences by having Mary Sues lead the franchise now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KseqzmcqQBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4&t=0
youtube.com/watch?v=uUmbS_Mn2a8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

D R O P P E D

It sucks so bad now. Was Lucas an autist who had no business directing movies or writing dialogue? Yes. Was he God-Tier at world building, character creation, and lore? Say what you will about the prequels, they had heart and the guts to try and tell an epic story about the fall of a Republic, the rise of an empire, and the Shakespeare-esque corruption of a hero.

Now it's just emptiness. No heart. No soul. No lore. Just carefully crafted clones of the originals designed in corporate boardrooms to separate as many manchildren from their shekels as possible, with everything from the ethnicities of the characters to the music to the titles all carefully considered as part of a package that exists to appeal to as broad and shallow a fanbase as possible.

good post

I believe in Rian Johnson.

also that midriff hnnnng

You're being more cancerous than usual today. Why is that?

Well put. Lucas had geniune passion. He obviously wanted to give the audience a treat. Disney? They hate passion. They want control. They want safety. When Lucas envisioned the battle of Mustafar as a battle of epic proportions that would truly test his characters, Disney envisions lame feminist one-liners so the girls can cheer and the betas can clap in joy.

Lucas knew what made Star Wars fun. He wasn't always successful in making it so but he knew exactly what made Star Wars good. I saw an interview where he had a basic story for Ep VIII done and it sounded so much better than the Marvelized trash Disney shat out.

>Say what you will about the prequels, they had heart

they absolutely did not, they are pure lifeless autism

Clone Saga is by far the best era of Star Wars

It really was. Now get ready for disney to re wash the same old original trilogy down are throats for the next ten years.

The Star Wars prequels were very bad movies. I like them because they were all released before my 11th birthday. They're objectively garbage if you remove the nostalgia factor. The only good things about them are the music.

They absolutely did. Lucas was clumsy, but he wasn't heartless. Qui-Gon dying had a far greater emotional impact than Han Solo's forced death. And then Han Solo had three movies prior to that building his character.

Also how can a man be heartless when he let us see Padmé in this costume?

There is no reason for the Clone Wars to not be in Battlefront, it's ridiculous.

>There is no reason for the Clone Wars to not be in Battlefront

The Clone Wars are in Battlefront. They're in the sequel too.

very funny

i probably masturbated 100 times to that midriff when i was 14

>Was Lucas an autist who had no business directing movies or writing dialogue? Yes.
Fuck off, he's a genuinely great director. Hard to defend his stilted dialogue though.

>genuinely great director
eeeeeeeeehhh

If he's so bad, why can't a multi-billion corporation that can hire literally any director compete?

>obvious bait, but i'll bite on why lucas sucked:

youtu.be/KseqzmcqQBQ

And yet Episode 1 is still better than Disney Star Wars.

You will remember Qui-Gon and Darth Maul till you die or get Alzheimers.

You have already forgotten most of the cast in TFA and R1.

>1 billion + profit world wide

what's your definition of competing friendo?

There is so much wrong with these movies but they are still so memorable and had some great scenes. Now every movie is sterilized and just reaches the level of passable. No risks taken and stockholders are happy :/

Compete as in making good Star Wars.

memorablility of something does not make it better...

For example, I will remember your mom till I die, but I'll probably forgotten my 4/10 prom date..

Was this post supposed to be funny or clever?

Rogue One was better than anything Lucas ever did.

EpVII was dogshite though.

Plus he gave us the sound design orgy that is Obi Wan vs Slave 1

youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4&t=0

Just saw Rogue One. And just like TFA, Disney displayed cowardice, misunderstanding and pandering to the SW franchise.

Everything in the film, from audiovisual cues, to dialouge to even bizzarely putting in deceased actors as CGI is made for the strict purpose to give this Chinese fake a geniune Star Wars touch. And just like the CGI characters they insist on, it comes off as forced, cheap and cowardly.

Disney has again and again shown that they simply do not understand what made Lucas' Star Wars great. It's not the space ships. It's not the sound effects. It's not the jedi. It's an imaginative world that constantly treats to you new memorable characters, locations and scenes. It's the sense of a Greek epic set in space, not of Marvel set in space.

Disney simply does not want to do what is neccessary. Because being imaginative also means being risky. And Disney and risky is like oil and water. They will never commit to it. They will instead rather ape Lucas than actually seek to transcend him. That's what will impress legions of idiot fanboys and normal moviegoers who pride themselves on being "nerdzz".

The scene between Vader and the commander displays this all too well. Look how hard Disney attempts to mimic Lucas' Vader. His steps. His gestures. His manners. All strictly following what Lucas has already shown us, and nothing more. That's it. They don't dare do more because they simply do not understand Vader. Eventually you could see through the cracks of the fake, the mask being cheap and the voice being off and also lines that are way out of character. (be careful not to force on your aspirations, really?). The moment they stepped out of their comfortable space, they immediately wronged. That's how sad Disney is.

youtube.com/watch?v=uUmbS_Mn2a8

BAM BAM

BAM BAM

BAM BAM

>when they dive over the bow and you see the scale of the battle

also space broadsides

not even a star wars fag but this scene was fucking kino desu

Unironically kino

This is what people think when they think "Star Wars", that little battle at the end of R1 was alright but nothing like the scale it should have

The blue milk is a powerful symbol of this. The scene at the beginning where it shows up, it's not just cheap fanservice and pandering. It's a symbol of the refusal to create. Originally, it was just a small background visual thing, that hinted: "see this blue milk, you don't understand it, because our world is so vast and crazy". It was an invitation to dream, a hint of all that is possible. It could be blue on this planet, red on the next, green on another! But what does Disney do? Blue milk everywhere. It's the death of creativity and the death of this universe as something beyond imagination.

same

was it autism?

Literally the only good scene in the movie regardless of how goofy it is.

>Sonic weapons
>in space

He's a fucking hack.

>fedoras themselves have finally gained sentience and can post on Sup Forums

Fuck no he's a HORRIBLE director. It's not a coincidence that the best films he worked on were directed by someone else.

prequels are garbage lmao, heart and guts were not included you revisionist little shit
that hack crammed in so much dumb crap that I smell feces every time I see a related image
this is not "god-tier world building", it fucking self-serving autism
fuck yourself
also, Rey scavenging in the downed star destroyer is miles better than the intro to ep3, which was literally like watching action figures come to life in the most spectacularly cringe-worthy way possible
by the time ep3 rolled around though, it seemed great compared to past blunders of CGI

the execution arena begs to differ

EPVIII topped every other SW but Return.

At least the people in EPVIII could act, Mark Hamil was fucking horrible back then. And only Lucas could get Portman, Neeson, and McGregor and pull the worst acting of their careers out of them and think it's fine.

>Starts off amazing
>after 2 minutes of pure distilled awesome becomes Obi Wan and Anakin flying in a straight line and talking

Atleast Episode 2 made us wait a little bit before we were horribly let down.

>1 billion + profit world wide

what's your definition of good friendo? Because I bet you Disney's includes making over a billion dollars.

Yeah but then the Jedi and clone army shows up and it becomes boring as fuck.

My definition is a good movie, not box office. If you want to discuss the films, I'm game. If you want to discuss numbers and profits, I'll be over there napping.

this, and some of the podracer scenes were the only things I enjoyed out of those movies. Rewatching it is pretty cringe tho. That kid, the shitty dialog. Slave 1 fires about 200 laser shots on target with no damage, followed by a single missile that Obi Wan could just out run all day because it's slow af.

>Plinkett reviews

get the fuck out of here

>How do Disney drones feel that they'll never get another Star Wars on par with the Lucas ones? How do they feel that they'll never have a scene matching the intro of Ep3 or Luke snapping at Vader in Ep6? How do they feel that the films basically mimick the older films like a Chinese copy rather than actually doing something new? The only "risks" are the calculated leftist pandering influences by having Mary Sues lead the franchise now.

But is right user. It IS pandering stemming from an inability to demonstrate that most rare of talents, creativity.

Lucas is a fucking shit-tier director and the prequels have some of the most sterile and amateurish direction ever

the ONLY reason ANH doesn't look equally bad is because it had talented editors making something great out of his awful first cut

>look mom I posted it again

Not perfect but still excellent. I still get nerd chills when it gets to "...set foils to attack position" as the music builds up.

But yes, it could have been a bit more flying through the epic space battle. Like five straight minutes of just flying, evading, separating around an obstacle and rejoining, etc.

>he's a genuinely great director

Revenge of the Sith (EP3) is by far the worst of the Star Wars films. It is even worse than Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

That intro you're talking about is a convoluted mess of shit that drags on far too much (kind of like the whole movie). How do you feel being such contrarian retard?

>III
>the worst prequel
I think you're the contrarian here, anonpai. Most people who have genuine posts and shitposts put III above I and II.

2 > 3 > 1