Sup Forums is literally so contrarian it embraces organized religion

>Sup Forums is literally so contrarian it embraces organized religion

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's impossible to be an intellectually sound and honest person and fully stand behind everything the abrahamic religions preach

however theism is 100% intellectually defensible

we defend the cultural impact that christianity had on Europe.

the religion is for race traitors and cucks.

Sup Forums can appreciate Bach but see christianity as flawed for not making race mixing a sin.

hows hell Chrissy?

organized religion is good because it keeps people in their place

>literally

Prepare for lots of incoherent hat memes, OP.

It's all the christians have.

its literally just memes

You don't need religion to do that.

why?

>i hate being called a fedora
>stop i hate it
>i-it's all you have to attack me with

most people do

That feel when you will never get to see Hitchens become a full blown traditional Latin Mass Catholic after repudiating atheism like he did communism.

I can definitely see how America has gotten a lot better over the last 20 years, since atheism really took off.

Yyyyep.

We're an atheist paradise now.

Welp, back into the bunker.

Maybe they should try harder rather than latch to delusions

Believing in a higher power is intrinsically good.

Having a determined set of moral rules to guide you and to live by, the belief that humans are actually good natured, and the ability to have hope in basically anything because god wills it

this

I don't though

I support the Abrahamic religions, because it takes one hell of an elaborate psychological mind job to get people to voluntarily submit themselves and their young children to having bits of their penis chopped off, before they turn around and throw a hissy fit about someone else doing it for some other reason.

Correlation vs Causation, a classical stumbling block for the intellectually deprived retard

It doesn't matter what you think, organized religion is the only way to keep society in check

>We hate Jews but everyone should live their lives according to ancient Jewish teachings

Yeah it's fucking annoying. I'm hoping when Trump loses all these Republican normies will get the fuck out to whever the fuck they came from.

Reddit is literally so conformal that it embraces disorganized religion.

If atheists were more like based Hitchens instead of nu-male leftist cucks then we would stop with the fedora memes

But hitler was atheist. You gonna call him a fedora too?

Autism, a classical stumbling block for the intellectually deprived retard.

Observation/Facts > Your Feelings

Sounds like a moral defense and not an intellectual one.

You don't need a god for any of those things you mentioned.

>1 post

>organized religion
>people sharing similar beliefs, lifestyles, traditions, interact with each other regularly during religious events

>agnostic/athiest majority
>people don't even know their neighbours, hedonistic lifestyles, limited engagement with the community

Find a flaw

>pro tip: you can't

>fedora
>no argument

Not anymore, Sup Forums's Christian revival was effectively destroyed by the Cuckoldry of the new Pope.

He still exists. Fuck this guy, he should've been the one who died.

Literally no fun allowed: the person

I know. But I put up with them.

These times make strange bed fellows. Critical intellectual atheists are now friends with Christians and retard commie SJW atheists are subservient to Islam and can't into rational discussion on current issues.

Why are fedoras so salty?

I hope you know at least 90 percent of the people on here attend church everysunday

Didn't the dead brother do a lot of unhealthy stuff and get cancer?

>When you want to believe because it makes you feel better but an autistic fedora kid snaps you back into reality

Maybe you should go back to your homeland in reddit

He had to drink to distract himself from the fact that God is real and he was living a lie.

Of course you dont.

But 90% of the world is too stupid to come up with these things on their own, and so they turn to religion. There's a reason its so popular, and has been for millenia

>That obvious self insertion

Wow buddy, keep strong. You'll learn to live without a god sooner or later.

>>fedora
>>no argument

I'm not religious, I just like pissing off autistic plebbitors that don't belong here.

>muh atheism

Who cares. You're not special.

> got cancer naturally and died of it

Yes that is exactly what happened goyim. There is no way for us to give you cancer to get rid of you and make it look natural. Hugo Chavez died naturally too!

>Sup Forums is so contrarian that it created a religion made out of ironic memes

church has got to be the most boring thing in the world besides your mom

>he doesn't enjoy fellowship with his brothers and sisters in Christ
sad.

(((Christ)))

Attending various churches and comparing sermons once in a while is sometimes kind of interesting.

A cure for the most boring moments is scanning through the congregation and trying to pick out the ones who really believe from the ones who just go along with it.

PRAISE KEK

I'm an atheist to my core and always will be. But I want to have kids one day, and I honestly want to bring them up in a private Christian school and maybe even take them to church. The practicing Christians I know in my life are some of the most admirable, kindest, and emotionally healthy people I know.

as long as we don't know all of the laws that shape the universe there will always be space for good theological / philosophical arguments to be made in favor of the existence of a god

see argument from reason, the unmoved mover, etc

the concept of infinity reveals to be a pretty trippy thing as mathematicians study if further and further, I see the concept of god to be a similar deal to philosophy and all we can do is keep exploring it

>2016
>believing in cancer
good goy

it's literally just some guy telling you things and telling you to stand up or kneel, and it's people dressing up nice and talking about each other afterwards

You can avoid all that bullshit by simple not being an asshole person.

Also, how does pol feel about churches not paying taxes?

Hitler was catholic.

Ehh yeah but I've seen theists use that as an argument for the existence of god which is just ridiculous. I guess it's alright as an argument for theism being a force for good, sort of, but that still relies on the opinion that most of humanity is retarded

He renounced his faith when he became chancellor. He went full blown atheist from then on, even suppressed the church

No one really knows what he was
he was raised Catholic but wanted to take away their power in Europe

it's hilarious

back when i first came to /new/ there was this one catholic tripfag who used to spam threads he didn't like with his religious garbage, and he would cop abuse from every angle

we've done a full 180

Humans are delusional by nature

>which is just ridiculous.
it's a good argument.

>p1: if God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.
>p2: objective moral values and duties do exist.
>c: therefore, God exists.

because most people, theist or not, hold p2 to be true.

all of his anti-christianity stuff is from highly dubious/disputed sources like zweites buch and table talks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

>I'm worried that my son will end up gay or transgender and I'm convinced that sheltering him from the reality in the world is an effective method of keeping it from happening.
I've got this hypothesis. It's speculative, but it sounds reasonable enough to me, that the worst aspects of society are spread throughout it by the moral panic that happens every time our pseudo-Jew overlords catch wind of something they don't like happening.

>good theological / philosophical arguments
More like theological / philosophical assumptions. Even more so is the amount of assumptions when one tries to tack on characteristics onto what one means when saying "god". "god" as a living being? as an ultimate objective good? conscious?

Because certainly the natural world does show amazing power, but also the most deviant evils. If the world and universe is any indicator of the character of the power of god, then it is also a reflection of his morality as reflected in nature. Evil actions are the norm. Death, murder, killing, cannibalism, rape, as found in animals, in humans, and in the old covenant is proof enough of god's character.

Religion is necessary. Frankly, Christopher Hitchens was intelligent enough to recognise the anthropological origins of religion, but he promoted himself with controversial tirades as a career.

Most people get caught up on the mythological and metaphysical aspect. Religion was never about metaphysics or mythology. It is about community ethics. It's a series of rules and rituals to follow to create inner and outer harmony as well as bring people together and bind them together. Any anthropologist will agree on that. With the loss of religion in our society and culture, then, you see an increasingly atomised people, isolated from one another.

Further though, even the metaphysics of Christianity -- irrelevant to the actual religious experiences -- is a foundation upon which Western society has developed. To look around you and explain phenomena in material terms is only even possible because the Christian conception of the Universe allowed you to conceive of the Universe as a thing, God's creation, that can be described and understood. Without Christianity, you'd be a bunch of tree worshiping dipshits. Ironically, Atheism only even exists because of Christianity.

It isn't that Sup Forums is being contrarian. It's a process of evolution of thought, and slowly we've groped towards the light.

He was raised that way but later rejected most of its teachings.

He didn't let that show during WWII because he was trying to unify Germany.

I like how you are unable to provide anything else than a ad hominem. I guess a 2000 years old fable book isn't actually that good at providing compelling arguments

But p1 is entirely retarded still, making your whole argument stupid as shit

p1 is wrong

You can have objective morality without a god, morality is a human construct and you don't need an arbitrary definition of it given by a god

>You can have objective morality without a god
>morality is a human construct
It's not objective then, you stupid nigger.

I'm an athiest, but would never do or say anything to jeopardize the comfort others find in religion. The world is shitty enough.

Also, I see the promotion of atheism in the West, increasingly, as a direct attack on Christianity in an effort to weaken the bonds of white people and their communities. As long as Christianity is important to the culture of my people, I will defend it, despite my personal criticisms.

You can have 4 equaling 2 + 2 while 4, 2, and addition also being a human construct

when you step out of morality and ethics and frame the conversation about god through a purely logical prism, the question becomes very straightforward actually

>can something be from nothing?

this has been the subject of debate for centuries and it is what really interests me

I dare to say we'll never find an answer to it

>american education

You showed me

do you believe in any truths?

I can't show you anything when you don't know the difference between objective and subjective. Numbers are an abstraction, yes, but they're an abstraction of a material phenomenon, as it's based on the occurrence of a thing. Morality, meanwhile, without God becomes subjective, with its basis in the individual's judgment. "Showing you" is about as possible as teaching a nigger to swim when you're saying such stupid shit. All I can do is ridicule you.

religion is just philosophy that makes specific claims about mystical questions.

so by this regard atheism is a religion.

>not understanding actual memetics
>not understanding that socially accepted lies are needed to convince idiots to follow laws that otherwise would be impossible to explain to them

This kind of idiocy is why we have the problems we have. In 500 BC you'd be arguing that there is no bad consequences to marrying your cousin, because we couldn't possibly explain to you the consequences.

There is no god, yeah. But religion is necessary nonetheless to keep the masses from the kind of degeneracy that crumbles empires.