Can we discuss just how insanely cursed the Vikings franchise has been?

>Lose FOUR Super Bowls in EIGHT YEARS
>In the middle of all of this, lose the 1975 Divisional Round 17-14 at home against the Cowboys on the play that popularized the term "Hail Mary"
>Trade for Herschel Walker; the picks you give away help lead to Cowboys '90s dynasty
>Go 15-1 in 1998; lose NFC Title game because your kicker -- who was 35-35 on the year -- misses easy FG
>Up 17-6 against the pathetic Cardinals in 2003; Win and you're in the playoffs; Give up 12 points in last two minutes, culminating with a 4th and 25 Hail Mary by Josh McCown; Lose and miss playoffs
>2009; NFC Title game; Brett Favre plays lights out all year; Throws INT late instead of playing it safe; Saints go on to win Super Bowl.
>Squander the careers of the two most gifted offensive players the NFL has seen the past 20 years (Randy Moss/Adrian Peterson)
>Blair Walsh misses 27-yard FG against Seahawks in Wild Card game in 2015 that would've won the game

Lots of franchises lose regularly, the Vikings win AND THEN LOSE in the most painful ways imaginable. It's scary how cursed they are. I'm probably even forgetting some examples.

So was yesterday the day that finally broke the curse? Or will they go on to Minnesota only to lose their fifth Super Bowl in front of their home crowd?

They really should have 3-4 owls by now. It’s crazy.

Really hope they lose to the pats in the owl. That will give you something to cry about

not a Vikings fan, just amazed at how shitty it must be to be one though

salt

Pats are winning it. The other teams are all too insanely boring

T. Bills fan

its a bowl not an "owl" you stupid street shitter fuck

I’m in India on business you neet cuck. Also holy fuck is that an unoriginal insult.

shitting in the street is not professional business pajett.

And I don't care about the pats or Vikes, but it's an intriguing stroyline to keep going. Kind of gay if they win it all, losing on their home field would be delicious.

Your also missing that from the mid 80s-early 2000s it's possible they had the best record for that ~15 year stretch in the league and didn't even get to the super bowl once
>0-5 in conference championship games since going 0-4 in super bowls
Their failure amuses me

White as the driven snow you tryhard fuck.

Anyway, no team has squandered more talent but I really think this is their year.

This, the Bills making the playoffs, and the Jags not sucking shit is actually making playoff football exciting this year and it seems like some of the curses are lifted (even the Browns after a shit season have the no. 1 overall).

If it was Pats/Steelers and Falcons/Seahawks I probably wouldn't watch the next three weeks.

>those shaven legs
getting shat on by some pajeet billionaire are you
fucking twinkshit

are they the liverpool of handegg?

I think the next four/five years we're going to see a bunch of new teams and new QBs be playing in these championship games. Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger/Eli all are on their way out. Peyton's gone. Romo's gone. Rodger's getting up there.
We're getting close to a transitional period where a bunch of new teams come in all at once

Here's to the start of another 20+ year play off drought!
Dilly dilly!

What a fucken newfag.

they're a consistently decent franchise that once every 5 years or so loses in devastating fashion. they rebuild, become good again and then lose again in devastating fashion.
so if they fit that criteria, then yes.

>Romo's gone

kek

Booo fuckin' hoooo.

Try being a Chiefs fan.

As a vikes fan here the curse isn't for sure broken until we actually win an owl.
Yesterday Zimmer and Keenum just channeled all of their energy to resist the curse which was clearly trying to destroy us.

>flopping on field goals
This is what worried me about last nights game.

You mean that team with a title? Must be so terrible

A lot of people consider beating the saints to be a huge accomplishment after they cheated their way to victory in 2009. Most would consider this to “break the curse”.

kek fair point

Chiefs literally beat the Vikings for their only ring.
>less cursed

>2009; NFC Title game; Brett Favre plays lights out all year; Throws INT late instead of playing it safe; Saints go on to win Super Bowl.
Didn't Peterson also fumble twice? And the Saints were roughing up Favre with dirty hits? They should have won that game, and they would have likely beaten the Colts in the SB.

>room

Yep. Saints were offering 50k to take Farve out of the game and refs were looking the other way at late hits on him. It’s one of the most disgusting games in playoff history.

Who cares if the Chiefs won a title if you didn’t even see it happen?

Go fucking neck yourself you salty Packer fuck

Every single time I saw him hit late I was furious, refs blatantly ignoring the saints dirty playing. Farve stayed in it though, even after the one low hit to his knees. Would’ve won it in the end still, if the vikes didn’t have it stolen from them by the refs.

The worst part of it is that it was Farves last hope for another Ring. And he was playing pretty much the best game he’d played in years. It’s hard to top that game in terms of scummy refball outside of pats games