I'LL TAKE YOU IN WITHOUT BREAKING YOU

I'LL TAKE YOU IN WITHOUT BREAKING YOU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was far too kind on Lex in BvS. Even saved him from his "fists and abominations".

The problem with trying to make Superman into an "adult" character is that he's so insanely overpowered that basically any problem can be resolved within minutes. He can literally turn back time. What could possibly truly threaten him?

For example, in Batman vs Superman:

>Batman uses kryptonite on him
>it starts to wear off
>Superman flies away, reverses time roughly 2 weeks, finds lex luthor, snaps his neck

There, movie over

He can't turn back time except in some of the shitty comics

>I'll slam into Batman's car, causing a serious car crash that would kill and a a minimum severely injure most people
>Lex I'll take you to jail unharmed for trying to kill the love of my life

This is why in BvS, the battle is an ideological battle that stems from beliefs rather than raw power level.

Superman could've destroyed Batman with ease. Yet he would still allow himself to be killed by Batman. Why do you think that is? Consider Superman's character when answering.

Unfortunately you missed a very important detail there.

When Batman sees Superman in front of him, he STEPS on the gas. He's the one that crashes into Superman. This is to show how desperate and sad Bruce has become in BvS.

>Yet he would still allow himself to be killed by Batman. Why do you think that is?

Because he gets duped by kryptonite fart dust twice like a dumbass.

Are you kidding? One of the most famous Superman movie scenes ever involved him turning back time.

youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0

>Superman could've destroyed Batman with ease. Yet he would still allow himself to be killed by Batman. Why do you think that is? Consider Superman's character when answering.

Yeah, I get that. Superman is a fundamentally good person. In a lot of ways, that's his biggest weakness. But he could have ended the entire fight without killing Batman. Possibly the whole conflict of the movie.

He brakes.

Even then, he had the power to kill Batman. Instead he wanted to tame and help him. This is Superman's greatest weakness and also strength. When he punches Bruce around, you don't think he could've destroyed him with a single punch?

I actually think the instances of Clark using his "public voice" in BvS are examples of him imitating comics he read as a child and trying to be all intimidating and badass like the heroes he remembers.

I think the Flash was doing the same thing in his appearance in Suicide Squad, where he's doing a fairly spot-on impersonation of the Reeve Superman's feined indifference and voice. Incidentally, that scene was directed by Snyder.

The only other instance I can think of of that sort of thing is when Ant-Man hands Cap his shield back in Civil War.

Are you sure? The same action sequence shows the same pedal as the gas pedal. You can also see in Bruce's face that he first sees an obstacle and then recognizes Superman and then steps on it.

I know where you're coming from, but this Superman doesn't seem to have that level of speed at his disposal, and I'm kind of hoping the Flash doesn't either, if for no other reason that it keeps the lid on a rather nasty can of worms.

Not him, but I'm pretty sure that was the brakes.

If Superman wants to just talk to Batman, why not fly above him and then talk? Why engage in fisticuffs, even if only to block Batman? It's unnecessary. It's not like Batman can fly.

Yeah just watched it again. It's the brakes. I was wrong.

>He can literally turn back time
That was one movie. He doesn't have Flash levels of speed

>One of the most famous Superman movie scenes ever
This, Superman throwing his S, and giving Lois a date-rape kiss are better described as infamous.

>I'll take you in without brakes

>man of murder

He can't solve worldpeace without resorting to totalitarianism
He can't bring a peaceful resolution on world economy
He cannot create inspiring art

I share Lex's view on superman

>comics Lex is talking about humanity and it's potential
>movie Lex is talking abut tea pee and muh daddy issues
Disgusting

I kind of hoped that was the case, because it figures into a new line of thought I've been pursuing.

Long story short - Bruce didn't really want to kill Clark, not deep down where it counts.

>comic Lex is about as subtle as a rock

the thing is yes they could spend 100m more on the movie working on all points like this and it would still make about 1b $
The studio doesn't care about the contents as long as it's presentable

I wish they did

>tfw the Flash already did his time bullshittery in the franchise

>implying there is any substance behind mr.autismo speeches
Well, they didn't made even about 900 mil, so studio asked about marveliztion of JL.

Terrio already wrote Justice League before BvS was even out.

Movie Lex is about the impotence of man in the face of the alien

Don't waste your time doing this to your brain to justify these flicks

Did he wrote all that jokes then?
Movie Lex is about the impotence of Goyer in making scripts. He literally was made this way only because Snyder's wife thought it will be nice thing to do.

>Movie Lex is about the impotence of Goyer in making scripts.
Keked, but Lex represents millennial impotence, why do you think they cast Mark Zuckerberg and made the villain a modern day Silicon valley Billionaire.

This

Pic related

>mocking their target audience
I know you're joking, but still.

Yes he did. Why are you being such a passive-aggressive cocksucker?

Terrio already wrote some humor in BvS aswell. It's not a foreign concept to him. Argo was also pretty funny at times.

It's quite clearly intentional, every time it happens. I suppose you could call it life imitating art recursively, where a fictional character speaks like a fictional character, aware of the fact they're emulating a fictional character.

>comics Lex is talking about humanity and it's potential

But he did you dumb and deaf cunt

Rather it be Man of Steel or Batman v Superman, the vast majority of complaints are pure willful ignorance

I'm not, fuck off, faggot.
Well, Argo was good. I hope JL will be at least ok. Goyer ruined DCEU so hard I'll not be surprised if JL will make less than fucking Guardians of Reddit

these are literally worthwhile ideas and causes
They could have capitalized on these

an alien who was never injured or who never had to face a challenge cannot possibly emphatize with humanity and help sincerely for the right reasons and cannot be sure to turn from this helpful nature tomorrow because he only sees us "subjects" or children
his strife with batman is humbling
but of course the movie makes no note of these

They really are mentally ill bunch of sad Marlets. No wonder, when their role models are Josh Whedon and James Gunn.

Here is how Clark Kent could've handled fight with betmen

>Bruce we are being manipulated by lex don't do this
>Ouch, Kryptonite
>Ah, i have my strength back
>Rather than pointless flailing you into the ground i will seize you and methodically tear off your stupid exo suit
>You are now naked and defenceless and must listen to me
By the way this all took under 40 seconds because superspeed

Now for cucks to try and justify why this didn't happen

>immediately starts spouting box office numbers like a good Marlet goy
Why do I even bother? It's all so predictable.

Millennials are more frightened by their peers than any externalized representation of "the Man."

They seek online fame and community but are terrified of getting doxed. Who's scarier to them than the tech mogul that knows all their secrets?

Since when has revenue correlated with quality?

He has NO idea what kryptonite is and is of course horribly shocked when it's used on him, making him act irrationally and unmethodically

Most of his speech was about daddy issues and religious garbage, you mong. Also he was acting like a twitchy autist, while good Lex should act like a calm, cold-blooded megalomaniac. Defending Eisenberg playing Eisengerg is retarded.

Clark went full Goku mode & wanted to enjoy the fight

>Sitting here listening to your arguments like *hmmmmmmm*
>but then you just had to go into NOT MUH -isms

Post hidden Dont Reply to me anymore

I know DC universe better than you know how to suck cocks. Get lost, pleb. I'm was just talking about image of the universe among normies.

You know how to suck good corporate cock like the box office whore you are.

Come on. Spout more numbers. The Mouse always pays for a good shill.

>liking Goyer's script and characterization
>liking choices of Snyder's wife
>"So, you just wanted a GOOD version of the character? HAHAH, EAT SHIT JUST LIKE WE DO!"
Nah, just end yourself

It does make a note of it, its just very brief

>no you
Nice one, kiddo.

Completely serious

I think the more appropriate question is, who embodies them more than the eccentric pseudo intellectual who rages against God?

Cucks justify

You realise what you wrote is a crock of shit, right? Rape enabler, sorry i mean superman, was visibly angry during the fight but not screw loose angry, more like a fuming dad delivering a measured beating to a child. Try again cucks

Lex never brought up humanity and its potential. Lex's motivations for his hatred of Superman were murky as fuck in this movie. He claims he was beaten and for some inexplicable reason Superman has to be punished for this? I understand that he believes an all powerful God cannot be all-benevolent and all that, but why is he so focused on Supes? Supes isn't all powerful and he knows this. He can't save everyone even though he tries to, Metropolis being a shining example.

Well, DCEU is targeting on edgy teens who are millenials, so you're wrong.

Nice, except:

>Superman has known pain since he was a child. "It hurts, doesn't it?"

>His parents raised him such a way as to make him think of himself no different or better than anyone else, and part of accomplishing that was to encourage him to *not* make doing "super" things his go-to response in every situation.

>His father literally chooses to die, not just Clark won't expose himself to the world before he's ready, not just because the *world* isn't ready(it never could be), but also because it's the last lesson he can teach Clark - what it's like to lose someone when you're not a god-like alien, just a teenager whose dad tasked him with carrying a child to safety while he went back for the family dog.

And lest we forget:

>Bruce builds a career around weaponized grief and vengeance.

>Vilifies and dehumanizes his opponent to more easily rationalize killing him in "preemptive self-defense."

>Comes face-to-face with the humanity of the god-like alien and sees how far he's let himself fall.

>his strife with Superman is eye-opening.

But of course, you take no notice of these, therefore they simply don't exist.

actually his motivations are quite clear
he was abused as a child and nobody helped him even though they could, so he wants to prove to the world that superman is also a fraud based on his worldview that nobody can be perfectly good

personally I liked the movie btw, but the points you listed for supes at least has almost nothing to do with awhat I said.
Raising a kid right would not do a thing, love conquers all isn't the main theme here

> he wants to prove to the world that superman is also a fraud by force him to kill vigillante nobody cares about
> also there will not be any proofs of Superman's murdering of Batman since there is zero cameras around
Hmm...

It's the weakest moment in the film, but it does play back into the allegory and the underlying theme of the importance of dialogue between opposing ideologies/cultures. That's about the best I can say for it - it drives that underlying theme to the surface and encourages people to talk about it.

>his worldview that nobody can be perfectly good

Not true he says "if god is all powerful than he cannot be all good. If he is all good than he cannot be all-powerful". It suggests he basically wants the people to see that Superman isn't all powerful, but we already know this Superman is flawed because Metropolis was nearly destroyed and the aliens that did it were chasing him. We're told that he hates Superman, but we never really see why. We just know he's got a fucked up childhood with an abusive parent, and that's all we're supposed to go on.

it is not who he kills, it is that he KILLS
also would you really need cameras to prove superman killed batman

I'm a retiree and it's become one of my favorite cape films.

He already have killed nigger in Africa. Also he killed Zod. And thousands of people by his stupidness

Senile marasmus is sad. You had much better capeshit about Batman and Superman in your times, gramps. Why whould you like BvS?

I think that Epicurus phrase works both ways to his favor depending on the outcome of the BvS match
If Supers loses he isn't all powerful but he was good... and vice versa

What happened in Africa seems unclear for the public
Killing Zod might be forgiveable depending on the circumstances cuz he wasn't human and he had "good reason"
Killing out of spite or pettiness or a show of power idk is unacceptable

But you are right, this is a bit weak

Anyone who thinks Lex's motives arose from the Epicurean Paradox wasn't paying attention. You don't call a guy both God and a "flying demon" whose mother is a witch in the same breath unless you're fucking with him, fucking with him in a very specific, "peachy" sort of way.

He wanted Clark to know precisely how he'd fucked him when it was too late for him to do anything about it.

What do you think Senator Finch's last thoughts were there in those final seconds?

"Go on in, Mercy. Be sure no one gets my SEAT."

"That's right, the CHAIR on the committee on Superman IS SOFT ON SECURITY,"

"You're gonna be on the HOT SEAT in there, June bug."

>no cameras

Also, "The cameras will be waiting at your ship to see the holes in the holy."

Cameras that Lex never got the chance to employ, because Clark didn't deliver on what he asked him for: Bruce's head.

>Also, "The cameras will be waiting at your ship to see the holes in the holy."

Cameras that Lex never got the chance to employ, because Clark didn't deliver on what he asked him for: Bruce's head.
If there were cameras, why didn't he killed Martha right after Bats was stoped by safe word?
Also Supes didn't noticed bomb which caused more deaths. This guy is literally the reason of all deaths in these movies. (except Waynes)

Funny seeing daily BvS threads still but not a single Marvel thread in weeks. What happened?

>If there were cameras, why didn't he killed Martha right after Bats was stoped by safe word?

Because that's not where the cameras were? He relied on a threat to ensure the fight happened and Superman went to it, confident that he wouldn't risk his mom's life on a dare.

"If you kill me, Martha dies. If you fly away, Martha also dies.But if you kill the Bat, Martha lives."

Because marlel films is generic quipfest based on sjwverse nobody cares about while BvS is generic pretentios edgefest but based on superior universe with fucking Batman in it?

Aaaand cameras haven't noticed that they're both alive leaving the place of fighting?

Losers can't help but cry about losing, winners are content they won and go home and fuck the prom queen.

Thats stupid. He goes out of his way to get Kryptonite just to not kill Superman?
Why do you think thats a good idea? It just makes Batman even more of an idiot. " ill go through all this just to not accomplish my goal because thats not really my goal, my true intent is...uh...1% chance..uh...huh?"

Is that why half the thread is frustrated Marlets desperately looking for plot holes that aren't there? ;)

The caneras were at the ship across the bay in Metropolis where Lex was waiting. The fight took place at the Gotham harbor. Lex was banking on a very specific outcome, and he didn't get it. Overconfidence will do that to a guy.

I swear, sometimes it's like you guys didn't even watch this movie.

This is an autistic post made by autistic Marvel drone.

Hey man, its kino. Stop trying to halt the kino.

Nice of you to identify your post user.

The kryptonite serves dual purposes - it's part of the bait that lures Bruce into even seriously considering taking on the invincible alien, and it's there to be used against whichever "alien threat" survives the fight between Clark and Doomsday,

Both threats manufactured by Lex, mind you.

So, literally every character is an arrogant idiot in the movie, right?

This Marlet is really pathologically obsessed in spouting retarded shit.

Does the extended version explain why Superman can't find his mother even though the entire film constantly shows him appearing out of nowhere to save Lois?

That user said he thinks batman braking before hitting supes shows bats doesnt really want to kill superman.

To that i say, thats stupid. Bruce didn't really want to kill supes? so why would bruce go through so much stuff for somethndg he didnt really want to do. Why would he waste his time?
I could understand if bruce made kryptonite based weapons but had no intention on killing supes but then is thrown into a situation where he had to fight supes and use the K weapons, and in that scenario didnt want to kill him. That makes sense.

Having batman blow trucks up, steal K, and setup a whole area to take on superman even though deep inside he DIDNT want to kill him, makes no sense.

>be Batman
>have year and more to prepeare
>does literally nothing
>wew kryptonite, I'm lucky!
>buries spear in the building where Superman will throw him. Calculated!
>goes toe-to-toe with an alien who could easily immobilize him, but can't because of plot
>shoots him with slowly greenade Superman will easily dodge...nope. He he catches it. Nice!
>Starts beating of dirty alien
>Kryptonite Effect fades
>Batman makes "oh shit don't beat me pls" surprised face
Isn't Batman supposed to be great tactiain?

Ikr? This bullshit about camers.

2/10 for effort.

Kevin Feige is proud of you.

>dat asspain
None so much as you, it seems.

To rectify an earlier error on my part, I thought you were referring to Lex in .

Specifically, I think that Bruce was at war with himself. His dreams point to it, and even his choice of weapon points to it. This came to me as a result of someone asking:

"Why not a kryptonite bullet?"

I couldn't let that go until I came up with a reason that satisfied me, and I did. It can't be Bruce's famous aversion to guns. He's shown being too comfortable with them here for that to figure in, so there had to be a different reason. For a long time, I thought it might have something to do with the composition of kryptonite and it just being too difficult to machine into anything but a crude spear. While that may be true, there might be an even deeper reason:

Unconsciously, Bruce already knows that Superman is on "the side of the angels." His dream of the crypt hints at both that and that his unconscious mind was warning him that he was letting his obsessions consume him.

So what does Bruce do? He makes a weapon that makes him kill his foe face to face instead of from a distance where it would be nice and detached, No, he forced himself to walk right up to the man and look him in the eye as he killed him, and predictably, he balked at cold-blooded murder, proving that even the Batman at his most obsessed isn't capable of cold-blooded, premeditated murder.

Because that's what a complicated character looks like.

>two angry manchilds are manipulated by twitchy autist
>twitchy autist is too stupid to check if his plan works
So, you like Goyers script and characterization. I assume you like to eat shit as well?

His default mode his hovering Lois. It's why he's already in Africa and after having his reflections on his dad, he's right back to Metropolis. That's where she is.

His relationship with Lois reflects his relationship to the world. At the beginning, he's a hovering, helicopter boyfriend. She says she doesn't think it can work. It can't work in relationship to the world, either. It's the wrong approach. That's the entire point of the rescue montage - by being everywhere and trying to solve every problem, he's effectively stifling humanity and being seen more as a god than a person.

At the end when he saves her from her fall, it's a hint that he's finding his role in the world - a safety net that catches us when we fall.

Very weak response there MCUck. Years of shitposting and that's the best you could muster?

>I assume you like to eat shit as well?

Sorry. Not a fan of Marvel's "ouvre."

Do you like Blade 3 as well, right? And both Ghost Riders?

is me, i think tour mixing me up with someone else. Understandable.

But in reply to this post.

So Bruce is at war with himself, but whats his goal as far as supes is concerned?
Did he want to kill him? Did he just want to prove he could kill him but wasnt going to do it? Or did he really have intention of killing him but couldnt because deep inside he didnt have it in him?

What is his reason for not wanting to kill him? The movie gives more reasons to why he is an antagonist to supes and wants him dead. It at no point gives us hints that deep inside he doesnt really see supes as a threat. Where are you getting that from.

What stops bruce from wanting to kill him, lets ignore Martha for a minute ( even though THAT is the only reason we have atm for why he didnt kill him) why doesnt bruce instantly kill supes when he had the chance, at what point do we get the notion that deep inside he doesnt want to kill?