What he did right:
>Batman's voice
>Batman's suave, careful attitude
>The Bruce Wayne look
What he did wrong:
>Incredibly reckless in combat
>killed multiple crooks
>Doesn't feel the least bit bad about killing crooks
>His Bat Symbol looks like it just came off a year long diet of McDonalds coated in whale fat
>hes too bulky and slow
>he looks and fights like one of those Armored Enforcers from Arkham Origins, not a fluid, effective combatant who has spent the entirety of his youth training in every martial art know to man
>he was willing to kill Superman before even bothering to talk with him, and was quicker to resort to lethal force than Supes was
What the fuck is so hard about copy + pasting Batman from the Arkham game series into the movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm too drunk to read the entire OP, but
>killing multiple crooks
I always love this in Batman shit. Even the original animated series. He always fuckin' tosses shit around and blows dudes up, and it's like "LESS THAN LETHAL" yeah okay dude you just crushed 20 dudes under your fuckin' car and launched a missile and blew up a building with dudes in it and now the fucking rubble dropped on them, also the guy you fucking pushed over a 30 foot drop, yeah great, definitely nobody died there.

>I CAN'T KILL, or at least it doesn't count if I don't stand there and actually see them die

Fucking hilarious. It actually enhances the Batman experience for me.

Point me to the episode in the animated series where he did this, I do not ever remember seeing that.

nigger is this Sup Forums or Sup Forums
if all capeshit was banned from Sup Forums the quality of this board would go up faster than my dick whenever I see OP bend over in his striped thigh highs and shimapan

>Batman has somber suffocatingly dense nightmares
Shit I was expecting Pazuzu to show up in one of those, or Batman dreaming about Ancient Rome burning down, why is Snyder such a retarded fucking hack

Well they're currently shitting on Batman harder than the Christopher Nolan series did and that takes some fucking effort.

I was obviously being hyperbolic, but he does countless things in that show which should actually kill people even if incidentally, pretty much through the entire animated series (which is then continued later). This is pretty much one of the oldest Batman gags.

do you see me discussing ben 10 movies here you nonce
fuck off to Sup Forums

He's supposed to be a mix between Flashpoint Batman and regular Batman

>He's too violent waah #NotMyBatman

Fuck off.

>talking shit about Christopher Kinolan

The point of Batman is his principles. Take that away and he's just another grimdark anti-hero

The point of Snyder's Batman is that he probably did stick to his principles in the past, but became dark and violent after Joker killed Robin.

so in other words

what was right:
>ben affleck's performance

what was wrong:
>screenwriting, costume design, direction, fight choreography, every other creative decision

>hes too bulky and slow

How to spot a 15 year old fan of The Dark Knight

So, a mix between Bruce Wayne and Thomas Wayne?

twinkman

If that's the case then Snyder should've done Batman the traditional way this time around and then built up to that. You can have all the exposition and history you want, but film is a visual medium and it needs to be communicated as such.

>>hes too bulky and slow
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
He is a bit slow but still better than any other live adaptation of Batman.

>>he looks and fights like one of those Armored Enforcers from Arkham Origins, not a fluid, effective combatant who has spent the entirety of his youth training in every martial art know to man
kek, hopefully they will make him more like the Arkham batman.
Unfortuanetly they would have to make him cgi then instead of having someone fight.
Kinda hard having a large actor flying around doing flips and kicking the shit out of goons.

yes, kind of like if they had a child

For fucks sake man use your imagination. There was already a hint in the movie (Robin's suit) that explains what happened.

Dark Knight sucked too.

Also, Alfred in this movie, he looked too young to be... Alfred, I guess? I mean he looked like around the same age as Brother Blood from Teen Titans, but Alfred is supposed to an older man in his 60/70s, and a fatherly figure to him, showing the humanity in Batman.
This Alfred just felt like Batman's buddy.
Plus this entire fight scene feels kinda mixed. There is traditional Batman moments where he has controlled, non-lethal takedowns, and then shit like the box to the face and the grenade where he brutally kills thugs.
Batman, the batman I know, would have caught that grenade in the air with his Batclaw and thrown it out a window, then thrown a bola sort of device around the two guys, or hit them batarrangs.
The box? he just wouldn't have used it. That zip-kick sort of thing he does where he uses the grapple hook to take people down, that feels like Batman, but the desert scene and this one, where he straight up mauls kills and shoots enemies, thats Deadpool, not Batman.
Batman is supposed to be hero who does not ever break his resolve. He is always completely controlled, and no matter what, he never kills, under any circumstances, regardless of who hes fighting. He shouldn't have blown that guy up with his own flamethrower, he should have sliced the ignition off the tip with a batarrang, grabbed his neck, and smashed his head into a wall, ONCE.
This Batman also put the general public in immense danger with his Batmobile chase scene, so yea.
We're not looking good with this source material.

Basically.
Good choice for Batman, bad director, TERRIBLE script.

Thats the whole point of Batman, he DOESN'T get to dark, he is a pure, bastion of justice, who never breaks, and never kills. If Batman becomes a killer, Joker wins, Bane wins, all his villains win, because they forced him to their level.
Batman is above that sort of weakness.

I know, but we've seen Batman survive getting punched by Superman before, in the DC universe people are just moderately tougher than average, I guess.

>nearly 30 yrs of batman exposition outside of the comics
>hurr we need more and it all needs to be in plainsight

>Batslut
>pure

>Batslut
>???

Jeremy Irons is 22 years older than Affleck, so it's a slight stretch in terms of age since Alfred is supposed to have had a military career before becoming the Wayne's valet, but not impossible. Don't forget that people stay younger for longer in their lives than when Alfred was created.

um... so far every single live action batman has been its own thing capitalizing off the comics, and the comics have had a fuck load of spin off series one of which the dark knight series was aping, we can imagine many different ways batman may have become what he is, but motherfucker show it, because till then its just shit.

>killed multiple crooks
desu that's one of the point of his character in BvS. This is an aging Wayne who has become cynical and the death of Robin made him not give a fuck, which is why he doesn't mind torturing and killing criminals anymore.

What he did right:
>Everything
What he did wrong:
>was in a Zack Snyder movie

referred to

Yea they didn't show Robin's death so it didn't feel like there was a reason for it, but my point is that it doesn't matter what reason he has, Batman does not kill.
Sun shines.
The sky is blue
Grass is green
Batman does not kill.
These are LAWS. OF. THE. UNIVERSE.
If Batman kills, everything about him is ruined, his entire appeal is the normal man who is more extrodinary than us all, the greatest of what one person can be.
When he shits on his one and only most important rule, Batman is no longer a hero, he is a vigilante and a criminal, and hes not worthy to be part of the Justice League.

Im willing to accept an alternate universe that drove batman to kill, granted I take all dc live action movies as shit compared to the animated counterpart for staying close to the characters, so I literally expect nothing and as long as they don't have batman drop a deuce and rub it over himself while fighting, im generally ok with it.

But the tone of the movies... they have issues that I find very hard to get behind.

>Incredibly reckless in combat
>killed multiple crooks
>Doesn't feel the least bit bad about killing crooks
>he was willing to kill Superman before even bothering to talk with him, and was quicker to resort to lethal force than Supes was
Gee, it's almost like it's part of his character arc in the film

>His Bat Symbol looks like it just came off a year long diet of McDonalds coated in whale fat

It looks fine to me

fuck off with nolan meme batman

this 'pure' bullshit only started with that bullshit 'comics corrupt the youth' bullshit
any other hero in any other movie kills, and it's totally okay, but batman uses brutal efficiency towards a goal in one movie and all of a sudden the character is all wrong?

this one scene invalidates anything you have to say about batman in bvs
youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4

KILLING PEOPLE AS THE BATMAN DOES NOT WORK IN HIS CHARACTER.
ITS LIKE MAKING DEADPOOL HUMORLESS, OR MAKING DARTH VADER A POLE DANCER.
YOU DON'T DO THAT. EVER.

This Batman was better-ish, but still shit for this exact reason, plus again, he felt to static, and Nicholson as Joker was not funny, he looked like one of those weird freak creatures from the Spy Kids movies.
Other heros in other movies aren't Batman, so that doesn't work, if you remove the no kill rule from Batman, he is no longer Batman, see for my explanation on this. It is a central part of Batman that he neutralizes without killing. Not only is that a incredibly important part of his character, that is WHO BATMAN IS. Take that away, Batman loses all meaning.

89 Batman a terrorist

t. toddler

Agree 100% drunken user. There's no way somebody spurred to action by street trash killing his parents is going to let someone like the Joker live time and time again because of some moral conundrum. That's the reason he becomes a vigilante in the first place: Never beholden to rules that can be corrupted and actually serve evil by letting it escape to cause the world misery another day. My Batman would have snapped the Joker's skinny neck the third time they met.

With regular crooks, I don't mind him killing them when they're clearly armed terrorist types or folks who are putting innocents in immediate danger. If they're just scummy types, hopefully he'd just round em up for the police.

tl;dr I trust Batman's fucking appraisal of the situation over Sup Forums's, and if he said "That nigga needs to die" in his electro manly voice, I'd just be like "Sheeeit you probly right Bruce. Lemme step back a little"

>citing 60 year old decrepit feminist heartthrob sidekick batman
Stop.

If anything the fight scenes were perfect, i agree with him killing crooks is not what batman does and therefore a poor representation of the character BUT the way he fights felt more super hero like than in any other batman movie.

if you killed someone who was just shooting at you, are you a different person?
this "NO KILL" business is complete bullshit because it just counts whether or not people died or not in relation to batman's actions, it completely ignores the actual movie and just points at any instance where a guy died as shouts "bad!"

KGBeasts dudes were all the same guys from the first scene, you know, the the paid mercenary force that staged a superman intervention? the same mercenary force who was collectively acting with the goal of killing an INNOCENT person at the warehouse?

any one of those guys had every chance to leave, why all of a sudden are we so mad at batman for simply trying to stay alive in a room full of people shooting at him

>I need to be spoonfed why Batman became merciless

kys

I wanna see a series where Batman doesn't kill people, but nobody realizes it, so he gives people gruesome, non-lethal injuries, or coats his weapons/fists in fake blood so criminals can't act smug when he threatens them. Make like a big point about nobody, not even the audience realizing this, until the Joker calls him out on it.

The problem is the audience is already expecting Batman not to kill anyone. So it would ruin the big moment and everyone would be: ''So that's the big twist?''

Are you retarded. Batman has been through worse in the comics without becoming a killer.

It'd be preceded by things like Batman snapping arms and stabbing crooks with batarangs and excessive blood, and criminals being told in hospitals that Batman very nearly killed them. Dunno, I've always disliked the idea that Batman is good at heart, just a more emo Spider Man. The only reason he doesn't kill people is because he couldn't get over the permanence of his parents' death.

Yea, in early comics he also killed people for trivial shit. So fucking what?

>moralfags conveniently forgetting Batman's history for their strawmen arguments

This shit lasted less than 10 issues

>desperate normie googles "batman kills old comic" trying to a prove a point that hasn't been relevant in decades

Because it was imposed on the comic book industry by fucking liberal cunts.

giant man bat in his moms grave is pretty fucking scary if you ask me senpai

So everything that was done right was done so because of Affleck's performance and everything wrong is the direction and script?

>muh no killing rule imposed by the CCA is lore

there was not one good thing about this batman other than affleck had a good look for a hypothetical dark knight returns batman story

This is true, but like I said in the original post, the best way to portray Batman is to model his arc after the Arkham games. They are some of the best games out there for Batman, they are tactical, engaging, realistic portrayals of how Batman fights and what he does.
Never does he kill, never does he allow anyone to be killed, he always saves as many lives as possible, no matter what.
The strength of Batman is not crushing his foe by any means necissary, the strength of Batman is Batman wanting to kill, always wanting to kill, wishing it could be so easy to just crush Joker or Two-Face or Black Mask or Mad Hatter into paste.
The strength of Batman is knowing he could do that, but choosing not to. That is what makes him a great hero.

Because Batman finds a way to defeat the thugs without using lethal force, ever. That is what Batman does, thats what makes him special.

>why all of a sudden are we so mad at batman for simply trying to stay alive in a room full of people shooting at him
Because comic book fans are perpetually hung up on the miscellaneous details of their childhood heroes, rather than capturing the essence of the character and having it adapted.

This goes deeper than just the movies, even different writers and artists get shat on for writing a character differently. It's all Dobson-tier "Nooo! Link has BROWN hair!" crying. "Not muh" comic book fans are truly the most pathetic people.

>SHOWING CONTEXT IS FOR FAGGOTS LUL
You are precisely what is wrong with the movie industry. Retards like you.

That would be interesting but like said, it would feel dissapointing for the audience.

So everything done right was done by Affleck, and everything done wrong was done by Snyder? Sounds about right.

because if batman kills then it is absolutely retarded for him to be a ninja because he can just use his high tech equipment to straight up kill people

he has a fucking jet that can hover and just shoot people

>implying old Batman was anything other than absolutely agonizing shit
fuck off, old Batman is one of the shittiest things ever. A total fail hero.

his fighting is faster and more fluid than any on-screen batman ever. what the fuck are you smoking?

Most DC heroes don't kill. The no kill rule isn't unique to Batman and besides his reasoning against it is so fucked up in comparison. "I can't kill because it will prove my villains are right " or "I won't be able to come back from that" are a lot more suspect than "I won't kill because it's wrong"

>pretending that this has anything to do with "muh librul medeeuh"

>I CAN'T INFER CONTEXT IF IT'S NOT EXPLICITLY SPELLED OUT FOR ME LIKE I'M 5

You are the reason why there is so much redundant exposition in big blockbusters.

>I don't know what I'm talking about

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority

Yea but they have superpowers, not being lethal is easy to them.
Superman: *le flicks someone, insta-KO*
Flash: Hi. *punch and teleport* Hello. *uppercut and teleport again* sup? *finishes with face kick*
Aquaman: *clobbers over the head with magic trident*
Green Lantern: *grabs crooks in a giant ball of green power, drops them in jail*
Superpowers make things insanely easy, Batman has to try really hard, he has to be careful, he has to be restrained, to resist a fatal strike.

IF THERE IS SOMETHING AS CENTRAL TO THE PLOT AS
"HEY LOOK THE HERO WHO NEVER KILLS ANYONE EVER IS NOW MURDERING PEOPLE WITHOUT MERCY OR RESTRAINT"
I THINK THAT NEEDS AT LEAST ONE LINE OF CLARIFICATION SHIT FOR BRAINS.

>Superman: *le flicks someone, insta-KO*

Except Superman fights other planet crackers, Gods and beings with intellects far superior to this. In fact when you look at it Superman is usually inferior in a big way to most of his villains will batman is usually stronger and smarter than his.

So superpowers don't make things easy when the guys you're fighting have superpowers of their own

No you are the problem actually. The suit of Robin and his chat with Alfred about Superman imply that he has been through heavy shit and he doesn't value the lives of criminals as he did in the past. They didn't have to set up every single detail with 10 fucking shitty solo movies beforehand like MCU when some things are so easy to understand.

I got 4 points into this list before I noticed no comic has ever followed this ever, so it means nothing, find something else.

>Superpowers make things insanely easy, Batman has to try really hard, he has to be careful, he has to be restrained, to resist a fatal strike.

Would be a good analogy if the other heroes were just fighting faggot clowns on rooftops like Batman

>That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness.That turns good men... cruel.

WHATEVER DOES IT MEAN???? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN LIKE I'M A FUCKING MORON???

We're not talking about superhero vs supervillian here though, we're talking about hero vs average criminals, this is another way in which Batman is more interesting than say, Superman, because Batman's villains all feel remotely possible in some way, they could exist in some kind of alternative world, where with Superman its basically a fucking issue of Dragon Ball Z

>no comic has ever followed this ever

Comic book companies literally couldn't publish a comic book without it being approved by the CCA until the CCA was abandoned in the early 2000. So you must be underage if you didn't know this.

>Batman is self aware that he has been turned dark and against everything he stands for
>proceeds to not address this at all
Again, you prove yourself wrong.

>proceeds to not address this at all

dude, it's clear that he's conflicted about it
stop grasping for straws

Well the modern Batman, and Batman back then, still managed to be good and interesting, and to be honest, I've seen pre-2000s Batman, these rules were stretched depending on what story it was.

>conflicted
>blows a man up, crushes a skull, puts citizens in danger for no reason, stabs a guy viciously
>conflicted
Yea he sure acts real conflicted about what hes doing.

>Men are still good. We fight, we kill, we betray one another, but we can rebuild. We can do better. We will. We have to.
>We can do better.
>We will.
>We have to.

Under the Red Hood did a better job of showing what happens when Robin dies than this did, by far.

jfc batman is not mcguyver, inb4 morrison,

there is not one single thing batman does in bvs that is any more intense than anything in any other batman media, save for the branding, which itself is relevant both in the narrative context and in regards to pulling more out of the zorro inspiration than anyone else up to this point
whether or not batman kills does not matter, and the fact that the who argument depends on your ability to decontextualize his actions itself shows that this is just some meaningless way to complain about shit that doesn't matter

>>blows a man up
just some random guy who dindunuthin right? >crushes a skull
fucking when?
>puts citizens in danger for no reason
uhhhh fucking when?
>stabs a guy viciously
HAHAHAHAHAHA

you guys are fucking hilarious, he didn't just stab a guy, no, "~~he stabbed a guy viciously~~~

i love how you leave out the fact that he stabbed the guy who had just stabbed him, with the same knife

fuck off

You fundementally don't understand who Batman is, this conversation is a waste of my time.

what does under the red hood have to do with this?

batman in bvs wasn't him reacting and living with robin's death, it's a guy who's spent twenty years of his life trying to fight crime and feel like a failure, only to go through more and more events that make his life as batman meaningless
of course the unacknowledged phenomenon here is that this 'purity' in batman is less about the reality of a supposed batman but about the fantasy of being morally superior to everyone, which leads right back to the movie anyway

>What the fuck is so hard about copy + pasting Batman from the Arkham game series into the movies?
You mean batman from the animated series? Because that's basically what the arkham games batman is, even down to the voice actor.

>15 year old
Snyder's target audience.

aside from the batbrand, there is not a single thing batman does in bvs that he hasn't done in the comics

not a single thing

also, your 'observation' is a cop out

Watchmen was hot diarrhea, but let's not get into that.

This Batman is an allegorical stand-in for the post-911 America, whereas TDKR Superman was a stand-in for the morally compromised America of the 70s-80s.

If Miller gets to do it with Superman and have people kiss his ass for 30 years, then you guys should cut Snyder and his team a break at some point. Bruce was no more out of character here than Clark was in Miller's story, unless you legitimately think Superman can go to war and crack battleships in half without anyone dying.

You sound like the only Batman you think you know is from video games and Nolan lol

AKA FUCK OFF NOOB ZACK SNYDER FOREVER

Go back to your gay fucking video games you little pussy