Thi guys is L

>thi guys is L
WHAT THE FUCK

Light is worse.

>Giving a shit about a shitty manga

>L
>showing himself in public
It'll be a fakeout, probably the Lind L. Taylor pawn he used to determine Kira's location

L is nowhat antifa

Write in: "nigger"
kills all niggers

ezpz

isn't there a "feel" face that looks exactly like that? with the finger up ?

He was the best part of Atlanta. He'll probably be the second best part of Death Note (After Willem Dafoe)

He looks better than Light or Misa desu senpai

I'd be more about Light though.

>genius Chad whose only reason for killing off others is his huge narcissism becomes a school shooter-tier villain who'll probably just be killing off his bullies
>will probably be Misa's bitch too

I don't care about weeaboo shit but Lakeith Stanfield is an incredibly talented actor and probably a way better choice than whoever you would've preferred.

Light was already autismo in the anime

What do you reckon he's doing in the weird laser corridor?

>teleports behind you

wouldnt it be awesome if Light kills him and it turns out that this is a fake L, just like in the Anime/Manga?

Cool it with the racism, you assholes.

epic, simply epic

Who cares about your shitty anime?

stealing a bike

The Nextflix version is set in Seattle so it makes sense.

They said from the beginning that this is going to be "an American take on the story".

Also the actor is plays L is pretty good.

>nigger monkey
>good actor
choose one

trying to be like Ryan Gosling in Only God Forgives

>haha so edgy, i said he's a nigger haha, am i contributing to this thread good?
Come on now user, you can do better.

Apparently, he was decent enough in Atlanta.

if they wanted to make L black, they should have given him a scruffy 1/4 inch beard and a really messy afro that droops down with bags in his eyes wearing future wear, not some clean cut black dude

They seem to be taking L and Light in different directions, and I don't like it. From the teasers and promo images, they almost seem to be switching personalities. And that completely undercuts the whole point of the show.

If L is a confident well-adjusted guy and Light is an angsty weirdo, then what on earth makes Death Note in any way compelling? Where is the tragedy? It's just a freak doing what you would expect a freak to do, and a good, friendly person destroying him.

Then why is he wearing a mask?

>The Nextflix version is set in Seattle so it makes sense.

No, it doesn't. Seattle is only 6% black. Either way, L isn't meant to be from Light's hometown. He's supposed to be a world-famous detective from the UK. More importantly, L isn't the type of person to pull that kind of public stunt. In his big "public appearance" scene, he uses somebody else to go in front of a camera purely to test whether or not Kira can kill from a distance.

Doing a public press conference, even with a mask, is completely against his character. It's almost as stupid as making Light into an angsty emo school shooter-oh wait that's exactly what they did.

>Apparently, he was decent enough in Atlanta.
Why does that matter? Even a literal rock was a decent actor in that absolute piece of shit.
The fact he wasn't so shit and everybody else was shit doesn't make him a good actor.

Terrible. They fucked up big time.

What did he mean by this?

This is literally "I prefer English dubs" the live adaptation.

A bad idea from the start. I hope this dissuades future anime abominations.

Was the using a nigger for L supposed to be multiculturalism bullshit?

>Why does he wear the mask?

Give me 1 (one) good reason why Light wouldn't be able to hire a hitman to shoot this motherfucker in the head with a sniper rifle during his press conference

>Was the using a nigger for L supposed to be multiculturalism bullshit?
I am sure Netflix insisted they have a major character be black

>revealing half of your face, your race and not wearing gloves
WE WUZ TRUE DETECTIVES

>it's okay to make most of the cast white but it's not okay to have one black guy

>Doing a public press conference, even with a mask, is completely against his characte

No it's not, you're really grasping at straws here

>Hire
Doesn't even have to do that, just make some bozo who stole a Snickers do it for him and then shoot himself. Wasn't that something he could do? Like how he made some bitch walk somewhere her body wouldn't be found then she died.

>black guy as L
>couldn't even make him pull a sheltered autistic guy
>instead, he goes around in a hoodie and with his lower face covered
>ended up looking like some random negro bike thief

> Light is supposed to be the perfect 10/10 guy that can pull any chicks he wanted with his sheer look.
> They cast this guy

You can't just choose when racewashing is okay, then it isn't, Tumblr Troglodyte.

briefly describe the plot of 2 episodes and atlanta and the 3 main characters

He seems to be the only one that's trying to stay to the original character.

Light's actor looks like he doesn't give a shit.

niggers

HOL UP

Nigger I'm fine with it, you're the one who's being a hypocrite. Black people exist in America, having one black guy is not unreasonable or unexpected.

Instead of engaging in identity politics horseshit (like the SJWs you claim to despise) you should care more about the actual quality of the final product.

This. Don't really mind that they cast a black guy as L. I'm just disappointed that he doesn't look the part of a recluse genius that spends all his time solving crimes.
He would make a cool Lind L. Taylor-type of character but I doubt that this is what the movie is going for.

>The Nextflix version is set in Seattle

Light should be trans, Misa should fat, and L should have a beard, wear only flanel, and make the investigation headquarters a cool coffee place downtown

I said hire because I seem to recall one of the rules being that you could make people do whatever you wanted as long as it didn't cost someone else to lose their lives. Like, you couldn't force someone to shoot up a school and kill everybody there.
Still, L going out in public exposed like that is retarded. At least I'm the show he exposed himself but Light knew that he couldn't kill him because he would immediately become the number one suspect but here he's just addressing the public

In this case yeah it's fucking retarded

Will the cucks complain that he's not the right race or nah? I'm not upset in the least that he's black but they're upset that Light is white.

So that makes them more racist than me?

You can't use the Death Note to make someone kill someone else

>purely to test whether or not Kira can kill from a distance.
Not only that, but he also showed the broadcast in different times according to every region in Japan in the objective to pinpoint Kira's location.
Say what you will against the manga, but the story was pretty clever at times desu.

Sup Forums here, this guy is just trolling. Why would we care about a black guy playing a role in which the black guy acts autistically and then dies?

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to rig that rule though?

Why not get everyone in L's area to convege on him before dying, meaning that he dies trampled to death?... Or shit like that, I don't know.

Listening to Perturbator

L doesn't die

are you blind

He does.

WE

I'm pretty sure there's no way around it. If there were then Light would have come up with a way to do so in the original show and be over in 10 episodes

Oh, shit my bad. Been awhile since I seen it and I always remembered he was at the end when Light dies

Gotchu then. Bit weird how much of a sentience the Death Note itself has, to know that a seemingly mundane action you're making it do is actually an act of murder against someone else.

WUZ

Near is the one who caught Kira.

its kinda funny how everybody is giving this horrible casting a pass just because hes black

Light does hallucinate him standing in front of him as he dies but by that point he had been dead for 12 episodes. Near and Mello were the ones to expose him

There are literally white people in the anime you dumb kike

My problem with making L black is that unlike any other character in the show, L's appearance was important and a reflection of his persona. Him being a skinny, pale, white dude with giant eye bags made sense for the life he had. Him being just some regular looking black dude loses that part of the character and makes the rest of his neet behavior (his autistic way of sitting or holding phones) look stupid and out of place

Why is it not a series though. They can't do the anime justice if they try to fit it all in a 2 ,hour movie

what the fuck ? it's a movie?

>2 ,hour movie
Oh Lord

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

who's he pointing at?

>L is a nigger
>L, the world-famous detective from the United Kingdom
>not a muslim jihadi truck driver
>but
>a
>nigger

WE AT FSOCIETY

(((netflix))) shows

>L (Lamarcus)

Allah, L's real reason for hunting kira is because shinigami are blasphemous.

He looks like one of the looters during Dead Rising 2. I can't take this shit seriously at all.

I think Light and Misa should look like this desu

I'm actually fine with that, at least he looks cool.

Tbqh once you make the decision to make it western rather than Japanese, it doesn't matter what colour people the characters are

> Implying they won't have a shitty post-credit scene type stinger with Near and Mello for a sequel that will never see the day of light

thats cool

Light spends an episode or two testing how elaborate he can make the deaths, while simultaneously throwing a bunch of red herrings at L.

The stampede scenario would be impractical.

This is gonna The Last Airbender all over again.

He looks like that "hello stranger" guy from the resident evil games

this looks so forced

Something I loved about the show was how when first heard the premise I thought it was retarded because there was no way that the police would track down Kira when everyone on the planet was a suspect and there was no evidence left behind but then I started watching and by episode 3 L had pretty much tracked him down. And it made sense

this

>Then why is he wearing a mask?
It adds to the illusion. he can't really speak with it so the voice will be dubbed over

>final scene
>L is alive
>finally gets the Death Note
>writes "Donald Trump"
>winks to the camera
>credits roll

>from the UK
it makes sense he would be black then!

there's little on this earth I hate more than a nigger with a British accent

I still don't get how Light is dumb enough to fuck around with police when he just makes people have heart attacks on demand.

NINGEN FUCKER

This obviously won't happen but I won't be surprised if at some point they are shooting shit about kira and some side character says "well if he really was cleaning up the world, trump would be long dead" or something like that

is that from Jungi Ito ?

You wot blud
Say that to my face senpai yeah
Yeah thought you was just chatting shit cuz