Breaking Bad

Do you think Vince Gilligan intentionally made her such a detestable and awful character? There's nothing that makes her a redeemable person in any way and I can't tell if it's on purpose.

Thoughts?

She redeemed herself in the finale of you haven't watched it

How do you make a redeemable mother house wife character?

I don't get this criticism.
I didn't like BB, but Skylar was very well-written. Believable.

what is this a skylar for ants
carmela soprano

But I have seen it, she still just... sucks.

No she didn't, what the fuck are you even referring to

Childhood is idolizing Walt.

Adulthood is realizing Skylar made more sense.

You detest her because she's the wife that Walter deserves. The wife who had to be strong, who had to be "bitchy" because Walter was a simpering, passive-aggressive schmuck who couldn't swallow his pride and be a man. The wife who kept a marriage alive as long as she could, even when every instinct told her to get away as far as she could.

The wife who fucked Ted, because if Walter had invested even half as much energy into being a fit, healthy husband who took care of his wife and satisfied her needs and urges, she wouldn't have had to fuck Ted.

>if walt became fit she wouldnt have to fuck ted
I thought the whole point of getting married was about agreeing not to fuck other people regardless of the shit you go through.
Or were they divorced before the Ted part? I don't remember.

Fuck off Anna

without her there is no conflict or reason for the show to exist. so even if you hate her, she must exist

They never actually got divorced. Skylar never turned in the papers, so in my opinion she only had herself to blame for all the trouble Walt gets her into from then on. He signed the papers and gave her an out, but she wanted to play Bonnie to Walt's Clyde.

Her husband started making methamphetamine, hanging out with a criminal and was putting her family in mortal danger.

I mean, why am I supposed to dislike Skylar again?
She had every right to be a cunt.

Am I the only one who thinks that bitch was insufferable for the first 3 seasons, but then gradually got better and somehoe redeemed herself?

Because at the end, she stood by Walt despite everything. Helped cover up the story, came up with different schemes and ideas, stood vs Hank even when he offered her protection and whatnot. Even after the events of Ozymandias, where she waves a knife in front of him. She deosn't freak out or rat on him the last time they meet, and seems to be understanding. Even the look on her face when she sees Walt holding Holly, it may be one of forgiveness.

I could never really hate her throughout the series because i had a complete and un-ironic hatred of the main character within the first hour of the series. She only got on my nerves for the brief period she stopped being a foil for the over entitled douchebag

skyler is a shitty character, but the actress makes her seem 10x worse than she actually is because she looks like a beluga whale with lupus

Skylar's womb created a defective son. Facing death Walt realized he had no heir, no lineage. So he adopted Jessie. That is what the entire show was about, Meth was merely a tool to form a relationship Jessie.

This. Literal children do not like Skylar. Fact.

She had her husband hide the fact he had cancer, he became an actual drug lord, and all Skylar did was struggle.

You're morons. WW was THE objectively worst character in the show, on purpose.

Skylar was, mentally, the strongest character in the show. Millennibabbies who've never had to do an ounce of work or care for a disabled child in their pathetic, unfulfilled lives, hate her because she's everything they aren't.

Tough.

>cheats on husband
>mentally strong
yeah, no. dropped her when she fucked ted.

???

please explain.

This is about when she dropped me off too.

She was a cunt at the start and at the end. If you weren't a 90's born queer you would see that.

>implying Walt could ever give her what she truly needed

It's okay, user. Some day you too might be a "Ted" like me.

Everyone hates her on their first watch of the series, because they're rooting Walt and hoping he'll pull off more crazy shit. In hindsight, you realize most of her actions were understandable given the situation she was in. I didn't start to feel bad for her until S5.

>Mommy, I'm baiting! I'm baiting!
>That's nice sweetie.

nice cans tho

i want, to fuck her face, not that i find her attractive, she just has a fuckable face..

t. roastie

Sure thing, buddy.

Skylar fucked up by not divorcing Walt when she found out how truly despicable he was. Instead of doing the smart thing, she cheated on him and then bragged out it. Literally retarded.

I don't know what you mean by walter being the worst character, but i agree that emotionally underdeveloped people seem to not like Skyler. I would probably do everything she did in those situations

I hated her the first time I watched the show, after rewatching it a few times though it's much easier to see why she is the way she is. If Walter really cared about his family he would have swallowed his pride and gone to work at Gray Matter; his treatment would be covered, either by insurance from the company or Elliot paying for it, and he would be very well paid at the company so his family would be provided for. Him refusing all of this would be completely bewildering for Skylar and her frustration is absolutely understandable.

Did you watch the show? He was literally written in such a way to be a character you simply cannot relate to and the actual evil of the show. Every singly decision he made with utter certainty was the wrong thing to do.

He was objectively the worst character, and was written to be such.

No i understand now, I thought you meant worst in terms of depth and entertainment value. Yes Walt is supposed to be a piece of shit, but one bred from desperation.

>working for a guy who cucked the shit out of you

Naw.

How do you fucking retards not understand that every character in the show is flawed in some way?

Yeah, you simply cannot hate someone (Skylar) who has to live and deal with someone like Walt, who became that person out of the blue.

This
The worst cucking imaginable
If you dont understand the pride aspect of why he wouldnt take their shit you're a spineless mong

It shouldn't be about his pride when he has a family to provide for. A real man puts his family first and if he had done that he would have taken the job. It would have good for him in the end as well, because he'd be following his passion again.

>Do you think Vince Gilligan intentionally made her such a detestable and awful character?
Duh

>There's nothing that makes her a redeemable person in any way and I can't tell if it's on purpose.
Her husband is a massive drug dealer who she's forced to go along with for the sake of her children. She's not a nice person, but she's not completely without understanding

>She had every right to be a cunt
Was about to write the exact same
But doesn't mean I liked her

are you even trying ?

She was a cunt even before she knew about his business though, and was then more than willing to join him in his criminal enterprise once she saw the dollar signs. She dosent have any moral highground

Probably based her off his wife.

First paragraph is spot-on, but the second is trash

"I did it for me. I liked it."

best part of S5 desu

She's an insufferable, dishonorable, incredibly annoying and grating bitch. But I also feel they did a good job portraying a wife character in media with a high degree of accuracy. So maybe it's wrong to criticize.

Skylar wasn't that bad but she did do a bunch of stupid shit like everyone else in the show.

I still cringe at her """"drowning"""" attempt. I don't remember much but i believe there was no need for her to do that stupid shit.

>"I funded Ted"

never has a statement produced so much racge for me

She was justified later on when Walt kept making meth even though they had way more money than they needed.

She was insufferable though in season 1 and 2 though. She was a cunt before she knew about his cancer and was still a cunt even after knowing about his cancer.

Hard to believe it was 10 years ago

Fuck Skylar.

But I used to fap my dic raw when Marie was on screen

>Millennibabbies who've never had to do an ounce of work or care for a disabled child in their pathetic, unfulfilled lives, hate her because she's everything they aren't.
My sister is severely mentally disabled and I hate Skylar

try again tho

Skyler was reasonable and understandable in the beginning but she definitely became unforgivable in the end as well as all of Walt's family.