Fargo is literally the best TV show that exists right now

Fargo is literally the best TV show that exists right now.

You can't disagree with this because it's fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-z9fV557rl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's overrated as fuck

Quarry is miles better than anything on TV right now

Never heard of it

Sometimes the best things are the quietest

It's not even the best show on FX. The Americans is better.

Bullshit

It's not currently airing but Legion is taking up my time well enough.

>Capeshit

should i start this? I know Carrie Coon is gonna be in season 3, and I love her in the Leftovers

Absolutely. Series one and two are GOAT television.

>I haven't seen it, but will still talk shit about it

Season 1 was incredible. Season 2 was 7.5/10 for me. The buildup to the Sioux Falls massacre was fantastic, but all the tie- ins to the first season at the end seemed forced.

Honestly I think they're both equal. S2 might edge it for me, there were so many great moments.

The blizzard scene in one is kino

Legion > Fargo

Will Sup Forums be watching S3?

S2>S1>Movie

One of the greatest shows I've seen in my quarter century lifetime.

Is Noah Hawley just that good?

S2 is pretty good, but S1 is pure kino. I really admire their restraint letting that first season be a self contained 10(?) episode story. They had lightning in a bottle with Billy Bob and they could've stretched that shit for ages and ruined the character.

They clearly wanted to do an anthology, which makes sense given the content.

I think both seasons work well on their own, and neither outstay their welcome.

I like the tone of this show. A sort of mischievousness, very grim but also playful. I wish there was more stuff like that.

Watch more Coen brothers films.

I've given up on them. I've seen 7 or 8 of their movies and liked maybe 3 of them.

The Leftovers > Legion > The Americans > Fargo

>literally
Go back to plebbit

We might have a pleb here. Which ones were they that you liked?

Barton Fink: 3/10
Fargo: 7/10
The Big Lebowski: 5/10
O Brother, Where Art Thou: 5/10
No Country for Old Men: 9/10
Burn After Reading: 8/10 (although I disliked it on my first watch)
True Grit: 6/10

Bridge of Spies, if that counts, is a 5/10 as well. I have Inside Llewyn Devis downloaded, which if I ever get around to watching it, will be their last chance to impress me.

Could be the point, but doesn't it feel like nothing in S2 really matters?
You think about the biggest characters, and what did any of them really do or accomplish?
You've got this big war between rival crime syndicates, and the conclusion has nothing to do with it, one member of a faction just decides to go on a rampage and destroy the rest.
They tease you with the parallel between the freezer ending and the Reagan movie, but in the end the bad guy is long gone.
Aliens even show up and do basically nothing, just distracting people for a few seconds at the right time.

As great as Fargo has been, I think I've enjoyed Legion more. Either way, Noah Hawley has been killing it lately.

>The Big Lebowski: 5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=-z9fV557rl8
it's nowhere close. It's mediocre at best and like many tv shows now is a pale comparison to the movie it's named after.

Because it's a """comedy""" movie that isn't really funny.

The whole point is that there is no point. It's similar to the message in the film, where everything ends with it all having been pointless.

It's fucking hilarious.

are you all memeing with this Legion shit or is it actually good ? i have hard time thinking any capeshit can be good

Close but the best show on Sup Forums is actually The Americans. Easy to confuse the two since they're both on the same network. Fargo's pretty good though just not on the same kino level.

>You make us sound like a prog rock band. Presenting Mike Milligan and the Kitchen brothers.

It's very stylized. There are frequent weird dreamlike segments, unlike other capeshit shows which play things pretty straight with the superhero stuff.

If you didn't think The Big Lebowski is funny there's definitely something wrong with you. It's one of those rarities that manages to be hiliarious and funnier yet on repeated viewings.

It's about a schizophrenic psychic coming into his powers. I'll just say that the presentation plays very well on the schizophrenic theme. A lot of really pretty shots too.

Check out Patriot, new Amazon show. closest thing in tone I have found to Fargo.

This desu

Honestly the family stuff really gets to me. It's the only show where I've found myself really feeling for the people in it, and since they're pretty happy to kill characters off it makes you constantly on edge.

Man, Willie got mean after the whole Santa con fell apart.

Why didn't Lester just accept his new, successful life?

It was stupid as fuck of him to approach Malvo, but after he did and got brushed off he had to reaffirm that he's an alpha now. He's not that weak little faggot from the first episode, and he ain't afraid of nobody.
Yeah, it was pretty dumb. But he was living on borrowed time anyway. You know Malvo was gonna come visit again sometime. Devil always collects his debts.

It's not bad but it is sloooooow.

The whole devil thing always feels a bit contrived.

only good thing about the americans is keri russell's naked ass

I can't stand Ewan but yes, I'll be watching.

Specifically in Fargo or do you mean anytime a show/movie tries it?

it was pretty depressing to see the empty gerhardt home at the end of season 2

In Fargo. He's just a very competent hitman who enjoys fucking with people. That doesn't mean he's the devil.

True. I really started to feel for Bear near the end. That one scene really did it

>Banshee was better
>MFW you actually implied Fargo was the GOAT

Malvo wasn't the devil. Just a professional.

Makes me think about that one silver haired hitman who gets sent in S2 and gets betrayed and killed immediately

The Americans is shit writing. I honestly can't believe people like that garbage.

I feel bad for the kid with cerebral palsy. He wasn't a bad guy.

I think the underrated aspect of the "Fargo" thing is family, and family getting screwed over. Remember Jerry Lundegaard's son?

At the very least, he considers himself to be some manner of devil.
There's the biblical plagues he visits on supermarket guy, there's the allusion he makes about the garden of Eden in the diner. There's the fact that his purpose in life seems to be about bringing out the bad in others as much as enjoying tormenting people. There's the scene in the elevator in which blood splatter gives him red wings. There's how insanely competent he is to walk into a building and murder how many hardened criminals? There's the fact that he seems to give zero fucks about his face being seen or even the prospect of people coming to kill him. In the end, he even smiles as he's being pumped full of lead. He seems to die, then come back for a moment just to smile.
There's a myriad of allusions, made by himself and the show, to wolves and predators, too. I'd say the show definitely presents him as something inhuman at the very least. Either way, he's extremely entertaining to watch.

and Lester's brother

>when Lester sends his qt waifu into their insurance place

Cold as ice.

Do we have any word about what season 3 is going to be about?

Loser Ewan tries to get money from successful Ewan. Shenanigans ensue. David Thewlis acts oddly throughout.

Its simple you just hate fun

How is it related to the other 2 seasons?

What? S2 straight up had a plot armor battle between the indian, ed and peggy and lou. The show told you all the gerhardts would die in episode w

Malvo wasn't gonna come for him. If Lester had never gone up to him in that bar (And subsequently the elevator), he never would've interacted with him again in his life. Malvo just didn't give a shit about how he was doing. He rolls in to a new town, stirs the pot, collects some money, then leaves.

Him keeping a record of those tapes was his "reward" for all the shit he was causing

If I can't disagree, what the fuck do you want me to say?

I agree that the tapes were like a form of currency for Malvo, but I still think we would've returned for Lester eventually.
I guess there's really no way of knowing.

It wasn't dumb. That's the whole point of Lester's character is his insecurity, and need to prove himself after killing his wife.

Returned for him in what way? Why? What possible "Collection of debts" could he have for Lester?

And I didn't mean reward as in currency. I meant reward as in trophy. Like how a hunter will mount a deer's head on the wall. He got his trophy, he stirred the pot in a very small town where stuff like that never happens (In addition to getting money for the grocer side plot). He's done. He's moving on. With as little as we know about his character, we know there is literally no reason for him to come back into Lester's life for any reason whatsoever

S1 was okay

S2 sucked the cum out of a diseased whore's ass and swallowed

You're obviously a fucking retarded 13 year old if those ratings are serious

They're absolutely serious. How would you rate them?

this is b8

>Barton Fink: 3/10
I'm not getting trolled by this faggot

Barton Fink is fucking garbage. A bunch of idiotic ideas thrown at the wall with nothing tying any of them together. Nobody has been able to come up with a cohesive explanation for all the nonsensical symbolism and lines in that movie since its release, though you're welcome to try.

I don't mean dumb of the writers to make him do that; it makes perfect sense and is completely in character.
I mean it was a stupid move on Lester's part.

Except that he thoroughly enjoys tormenting others.
You think it's out of character to imagine that after Lester pulls himself out of the mud and manages to reinvent himself and make a perfect little life for himself, Malvo would enjoy showing up again to bring it all crashing down around him?

He enjoys the tape and what it represents. It's Lester at his lowest moment, but also it's another soul that Malvo corrupted. But I don't see why he wouldn't return eventually to squeeze a bit more fun out of old Lester.

It's a movie about the writing process. It lends itself to endless interpretation and you end up questioning the very concept of film criticism and the process of producing art.

I think it's a brilliant film, but I don't see how you can possibly say it's 3/10, even if what you're saying is true you have to admit the acting, production and writing are far better than a fucking 3/10

Yeah, nah. If it's about the writing process, they shouldn't turn the back half into a murder mystery. I know it tries to defy genre labels, and maybe you'll bristle at me saying what they should or shouldn't include in it, but I don't see how the murder elements contribute to any themes established in the first half.

For me, there's just too much of this going on. I just can't tie it all together, and I've really tried. The cummy wallpaper, the burning hotel, the mosquito, the picture of the girl at the beach, the possible homoeroticism between Charlie and Barton, the random nazi line from Charlie, ANY scene with Mayhew. And the individual scenes that DO lend themselves to obvious thematic interpretations, you're basically hit over the head with how obvious they are (yes, I get it, Barton says he cares about the common man but ignores Charlie when he tries to tell his stories).

It's Synecdoche, NY for pseuds.

>Barton Fink 3/10

Stopped reading here, fucking pleb detected

Because he could do it to anyone. Headcannon fag please

>i cant stand Ewan

get the fuck out

The Americans is better

HAHAHAHA fucking faggot kys

We're just speculating.

>The Undertaker hyped as a big badass about to whip Mike into shape
>Mike immediately kills him

I don't think I've popped harder for anything on television

desu if you don't like fargo you're just a bad weapon

Ewan was and always will be Reddit tier.