Why didnt they just blow up the ship when the droids got away?

why didnt they just blow up the ship when the droids got away?

sure you lose leia, but vader is dead too.

Maybe it didn't have a self-destruct mechanism.

He'd survive.

Because they needed an "epic badass" Vader moment for some reason

>sci fi ship doesn't have self destruct

please

>Any ship having a self destruct button

Why

Wasn't R2D2 literally the only one who knew about the location of the plans?

Because no one really cared about Vader in the OT

Meant for OP

vader would just use the force to weather the blast and his robot suit would let him survive in space until he got picked up

>guy with the critical data is literally only feet away
>decides to walk really slowly and kill everybody else instead

I hope you enjoyed it. See you in 12 months guys!!!

He didn't know that guy had it. He only knew it was beamed to the ship.

Keep making excuses for a shit movie because the internet tells you to.

He should have also been sucked out into space seconds later, along with the stormtrooper and anyone else within the vacuum of space.

By didn't Vader just use the force to stop the ship from flying away?

Magnetic boots

What episode of Star Wars Rebels is this?

i did not even begin to care about a single character in this movie.

I think this was the worst one yet.

>Keep making excuses for a shit movie because the internet tells you to.
Bitch, Darth Vader couldn't even sense the Millenium Falcon when it parked itself ON a star destroyer, what makes you think he could sense a little disk some dude is holding?
>He should have also been sucked out into space seconds later
That's not how physics works in any Star Wars movie.

They're just going to get worse now it's planned to have a million movies in advance.

>shoes make you stiff from the ankles up to the head

Yeah I was waiting for that one.

Half of the movie made zero sense and was purely there for visuals.

Does an aircraft carrier have a self-destruct button? Why give your ship a killswitch that any spy could press?

I know. I'm diappointed. I was near certain that disney would do a better job with it than lucas did.

I know they're for kids and all, but damn.

Because it's the only copy of the plans that can indicate the flaw in the Death Star. They want the plans so they can fix the flaw.

Everybody who doesn't like this movie always needs everything explained to them. Sorry this "dumb movie" is too complicated for most of you haters.

//thread

Why do they need the plans to fix the flaw? Couldn't they just get their top scientists/engineers to find it?

Galen already said they could complete it without him, which means they have capable people that could do it.

>Why do they need the plans to fix the flaw? Couldn't they just get their top scientists/engineers to find it?
Who knows how long that would take? They were facing a very immediate rebel threat.

It can be inferred that they found the flaw during the Battle of Yavin when they say to Tarkin there is a real danger and suggest preparing for his escape. They did find it on their own, but it was too late by then.

>Star Wars
>sci-fi

It was. They couldn't pin point the flaw until the rebels were attacking that particular trench, in that particular location until it became more clear..