Snoke and the first order

My take on Snoke.

>Ancient humanoid gifted in the Force
> Once an angelic-like figure, similar to the Old Elves and First Men in LOTR lore, corrupted by the dark side like the kings corrupted by the ring.
> Andy Serkis, who was highly involved in multiple aspects of LOTR, mentioned how his concept of Snoke was an ancient, once handsome humanoid. I believe the corrupted Elf idea was a direct inspiration.
> He was clearly damaged in some great defeat, and it has rendered him more discreet and cautious. He doesn't even want to find Luke alive it seems. He just wants to prevent Luke from being found by the Resistance. He's clearly worried about Luke
>Uses the dark side keep himself alive much longer than natural, to the extent that his physical form is still deteriorating regardless.
>Sheev sensed his power harboring in the Unknown Regions, set up many safeguards to monitor and explore this threat.
>Even Vader couldn't feel his presence.

So basically, Snoke must have had some important role in the galaxy long before the events of the saga films. After being defeated, he journeyed to the Unknown Regions of space, perfecting his powers and waiting for Sheev's fall to come scoop up the remnants of the Empire, corrupt/destroy the Jedi, and swiftly take control of the political situation.

He used Starkiller at Hux's request to take out the Republic, but it seems his real intention would have been to sense Luke and destroy the world he was on. This explains why Luke would abandon everything and head to a planet with literally no people on it (combined with Jedi clues).

I think Snoke's past is somewhat easy to figure out, but I hope his actual motives and objectives are more original than just "control the galaxy"

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/15363-lucasfilm-s-pablo-hidalgo-just-debunked-a-big-star-wars-fan-theory
youtu.be/ngElkyQ6Rhs
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/736395388916142080
cinemablend.com/new/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Insists-He-Khan-Star-Trek-Darkness-34579.html
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/730511166691262465
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God I hope not because that sounds gay as fuck

Who cares at this point? Post-prequel Star Trek has been uniformly awful. Sorry, but Lucas had the magic touch no matter what the meme criticism says about him.

Star Wars is dead forever and it doesn't matter how JJ Abrams or whomever is in charge makes up things. It's not canon

Not what i want either, but I honestly think it's the most likely answer

It's so fucking obvious that Snoke is Plagueis, I'm surprised so many people still refuse to believe it. It's like Tobi/Obito all over again.

I still think Snoke is Plagueis. He HAS to connect to the rest of the saga in some way. Plagueis would be the perfect way to do it.

Plus:
>"The Supreme Leader is WISE"

Nah
inverse.com/article/15363-lucasfilm-s-pablo-hidalgo-just-debunked-a-big-star-wars-fan-theory

Yeah, and, as the article itself mentions, Jon Snow was totally confirmed to be dead as well :^)

>if only an extremely powerful dark side force user had ever come back from death in the star wars eu before
Also
>thinking he's going to completely debunk the biggest source of speculation from the movie in a tweet
>thinking "sidious killed plagueis"=snoke is not plagueis

I fucking hate this bullshit.
Either they're fucking with us which would be really dumb. They should just shut up and let people have their theories.

and let's be honest, IT SHOULD BE FUCKING PLAGUEIS. It would make sense. The music, "the wise", the having been around for some time BS. Not being a sith anymore... I dunno. it just makes fucking sense.

I betcha three dollars they have no clue who he was before they started filming.

Abrams is a fucking pilot guy. He goes in, leaves some mystery for someone else to pick up his mess i fucking hate this guy

>Star Trek

Also, you have autism. Fuck off with your gay pleb-quels, shit-lord.

Gallius.

I would be down for it, it does make sense. Doesn't have to be a big reveal, since no one really knows what it means anyway. Could be a mini-reveal like Kylo ren being Han's son.

Doesn't have to be "Me, Snoke, author of all your pain Mr. Skywalker"

Gallius died though

They're not going to use a supporting character from a tie-in novel as the origin of the mysterious main bad guy.

Why are canon-nerds so dense? The people that suck up every bit of canon always have the dumbest theories because they can't zoom out and think like a billion-dollar entertainment property

See this Also don't expect them to ever have a grand Snoke reveal in the movies.
See: emperor in ROTJ

DARTH PLAGUEIS IS A MUUN

>muh EU

it's dead, jim

>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

I mean, they might keep Plagueis a Muun in nu canon, but considering they gave Thrawn pupils and forehead growths, anything is possible.

The only supervillain to spoon feed the audience the movie's plot.

"The Droid you seek is aboard the MILLENNIUM FALCON (nudge nudge fans) in the hands of YOUR FATHER... HAN SOLO."

Ontop of that he has terrible CGI.

I wonder what Snoke's feet look like.

Conversion between Han and Leia was pretty bad too
>It was Shnoke. He seduced our son to the dark side

Star Wars fans are actually unbearable. Up there with Pokemon fans in terms of how much I want to punch you in the face for being such a lazy piece of manchild shit

Lmao. I forgot about that.

ok

In a non canon book

I hope it's exar kun in a new body. But that is deep cannon and will probably be plaguisis

Atrocious dialogue.

The next teaser will at least be like this:
youtu.be/ngElkyQ6Rhs

After hearing the plots from the aftermath books. I'm convinced they're going to make Snoke the "source" of the dark side that Palpatine was looking for and killing him will rid the galaxy of the dark side forever.

Okey doke. The 'source' of the dark side. Like bad Midichlorians?

ngl he looks like the Son from the Clone Wars show

Basically, like all the bad in the universe comes from one source(snoke). Without him, the force will always be light.

Also, the reason they changed how lightsaber colors are made, is so they can make Kylo's lightsaber change to blue/green suddenly after Rey brings him back to the light.

>Without him, the force will always be light.

>Also, the reason they changed how lightsaber colors are made, is so they can make Kylo's lightsaber change to blue/green suddenly after Rey brings him back to the light.

Jesus Christ. I keep telling myself to have hope. But god damn.

> #
>Basically, like all the bad in the universe comes from one source(snoke). Without him, the force will always be light.
So Snoke isn't even a villain, he's the object of a witch hunt.

That's not how the lightsaber colors work, otherwise Anakin's would have turned red in ROTS. You actually have to take the crystal out and meditate on it to change the color

>killing him will rid the galaxy of the dark side forever.
This doesn't make sense and would be even more stupid than the "Chosen One" story the prequels added.

I bet you were one of those obese 90's born queers running around playing pokemon go, that really showed me how fucked up your age group is.

My quick rundown on Snoke:

>Skywalkers bow to Snoke
>In contact with humans
>Possesses Sith-like abilities
>Controls Starkiller Base with an iron but fair fist
>Owns superweapons & Sith temples galactically
>Direct descendants of Darth Plagues the Wise
>Will bankroll the first cities on Degobah (Snokengrad will be be the first city) >Own 99% of cloning facilities on Kamino
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Fett babies
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence in the Galaxy has only existed deep in Jedi monasteries & the Dark Side cave
>Ancient Sith scriptures tell of a Lord who could save others from death, but not himself
>They own Khyber Crystal R&D labs around the Outer Rim
>You likely have Midichlorians inside you right now
> Supreme Leader Snoke is in regular communication with the Sith Lords Sheet and Vader, forwarding the will of the Force to the First Order. Who do you think set up the meeting between Rey and Luke Skywalker (First meeting between the two in 30 years) and arranged the Jedi Master's third trip in history literally a few days later to Tatooine?
>He learned fluent Wookiese in under a week
>Planets entrust their credits reserves with the Supreme Leader. There's no credits on Coruscant, only Starkiller Base >The Supreme Leader is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don't know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

Snoke will be a generic sith lord with as little backstory as possible to avoid prequel complaints

mark my words

I've been thinking that, but I actually believe that they will give no explanation at all on his origin.

Believe what you want to believe

Technically he and Kylo aren't/can't be Sith, but they might as well be.

It's over user

>Also, the reason they changed how lightsaber colors are made, is so they can make Kylo's lightsaber change to blue/green suddenly after Rey brings him back to the light.
dense user is dense

That would be a bad move. I don't think there's enough room for Smoke to have an interesting backstory that doesn't seem contrived, and no explanation will be all that satisfying, but they have to address his somehow.

The Emperor didn't need to be explained because it didn't really matter to the story, but these new movies are sequels. They have to address the change in setting. Snoke in particular affects both Luke and Kylo significantly. They have to address where he comes from and how he got where he is.

>You actually have to take the crystal out and meditate on it to change the color
fuck that disney shit user

thanks for confirming

ok pops

It's the Shadow King.

Yes they can. Exar kun had no formal sith training, just artifacts and forceghost contact with ancient sith lords. He revived the sith order.

If you played the games or read the books you would know this.

And also, exar kun force ghosted but didn't complete it so he was stuck on yavin 4. Which is coincidentally where luke had his little training camp until kylo and company wrekt it.

I have the high ground

Absolutely and completely agree, but what you just said comes from a point of view that cares about the story, which I don't think it's a factor for the movie makers after TFA. One example is the story about Kylo fuckin' up Luke's Academy and making him running away like a sissy. Complete and utter nonsense. Somehow it could be corrected with an interesting backstory, as you said, but I wouldn't have high hopes on it. I think the TFA set the tone for the trilogy: a fuckin flashy cash machine flick.

>You will never suck Jedi Mark's balls as he strokes your head with his woodoo hide gloved hand and whispers wisdoms.

See the post above you. The writers aren't beholden to the rules of the EU. The Sith order is done for.

Pretty sure they've come out and said that Snoke isn't Sith, but my point is that they're not going to be Sith because that would only trivialize Anakin's Chosen One status (though to be fair it's already trivialized anyway and the Chosen One plot was always stupid).

Plagueis was originally conceived as a Nemoidian, which explains the Trade Federation connections

Snoke exists solely because Yoda explicitly stated Luke was it for the Jedi (so they can't have an ancient Jedi) and Palpatine's explicit statement that there's only ever two Sith (so he can't be some Sith holdover either).
So they just invented some other dark side religion for him to be a part of or maybe he's even non-denominational to skirt both of these.

It's actually the most boring thing they could have done with makes sense because Disney is the greatest mass market risk adverse perverters of culture on planet earth.

Plagueis will bring back the Emperor as an underling though.

Will they turn him into Magneto? An antihero?

Yeah it's pretty stupid but at least it's not changing colors as the person wields it

why is he so huge though? this is just stupid

Literally nobody alive in the series knows who plagueis is, and 90% of movie goers would be confused as well. Disney is not they stupid. It's a paperback EU fanfic tier twist.

>90% of movie goers would be confused as well

Except that Plagueis has become a normie Twitter meme so they would know who it is.

But we all know it's Plageuis, because of Williams' recurring motif in the music. It only plays three times in the entire 7 films. The first is during the story of Darth Plagueis and his apprentice who slit his throat. The second is when Anakin discovers that Sheev is that apprentice. The third is when we see Snoke.

There is only one official at Disney who has outright denied that Snoke is Plagueis, and that was Abrams, who also outright lied about John Harrison being Khan.

>Disney social media marketing forced the darth plagueis meme so that normies would understand their shitty twist

Smoke rhymes with stroke. He looks like a stroke victim. He's evil and stuff.

That's his whole character from the film. First Star Wars movie in a decade, they decide to set up a whole new big bad and this is all we get. I'm sure we're gonna learn more about him but fucking Star Wars is shit at characterizing the villains.

>90% of movie goers would be confused as well
That's ridiculous. Moviegoers were fine with Miranda Tate being revealed as Talia Al Ghul, moviegoers were fine with Oberhauser being revealed as Blofeld, moviegoers were fine with the Doctor being revealed as Cobra Commander, and moveigoers were fine with John Harrison being revealed as Khan.

The thing about this kind of twist is that anyone who knows who the character is already knows what's coming so it's not a big deal, just a cool nod, and anyone who doesn't know the character doesn't really give a fuck, so it's not a big deal.

It's also worth mentioning that in literally zero of the above examples was the big twist character a character that had been mentioned in previous entries in their film series - and Plageuis has been. They all require a knowledge of their respective source material, Plageuis just requires you to have watched the other Star Wars films.

>ROTC
That was before the cannon change. It was still synthetic crystals were red. Anyways, there's no reason to change how crystals are made unless you're going to change one for effect. And knowing Disney, my bet is Kylo's changing to reflect his beating back the corruption.

I mean they already set the stage for Kylo to return the light by Snoke saying that he has the light and dark within him.

It's coming, friends.

Once they change color they don't change again.
Blue won't turn to green.
Green/Blue won't turn to red.
It's only blank crystal to colored crystal.
The only exception is red turning to white, but to do that you have to get the crystal out of the lightsaber and manually "cleanse" it

That's interesting, that wasn't the case last time I bothered researching it. Must be from a newer EU source.
Linky?

Ahsoka purifies red kybers to white.
Also from Pablo: "the color's determined by the crystal's bond w/ user upon assembly"
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/736395388916142080

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Underrated post

They better make him practical, the CGI for him is shite.

If I'm a jedi I'd still want a red lightsaber desu

Who cares? i stopped watching after episode 7 the nu male awakens. star wars is dead to me. bring back george.

This, please! They've got nothing.

>It's so fucking obvious that Snoke is Plagueis

Same shit with Benedict Cumberbatch saying he is not Khan untill the premier, although obvious he was.

Will Thrawn ever be in the movies?

Why do you care so much about this capeshit?

cinemablend.com/new/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Insists-He-Khan-Star-Trek-Darkness-34579.html

> Pokemon fans

Back to Sup Forums with you

> The second is when Anakin discovers that Sheev is that apprentice

We don't, though, I don't think

>We don't, though

Well we as the audience have it pretty heavily implied while he's telling the story.

Both Rian Johnson and Pablo Hidalgo have said it's not Plagueis.

link?

All I've got is the Pablo Tweet and that picture of Johnson
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/730511166691262465

Nope, the Dark Side already has an avatar.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones

TFW Snoke was just an orphan refugee from an imperial fuel station that got blown up.

downside to Snoke being Plagueis: we might end up hearing the word "midi-chlorian" again.

>They see two children playing near a tree on an alien planet. The boy noticed that he had greater strength and intuition when he was closer to this tree. The girl noticed that the tree also made her brother increasingly angry. One day an argument breaks out between the children, and the boy kills the girl. The boy touches the tree and is “transformed,”. He kills his parents and leaves the planet.

From the supposed story/script leaks. This makes it obvious who Snoke is.

thts pretty cool actually