Imagine being this salty

Imagine being this salty

It's just bantz.

>tfw old enough to actually remember that world cup and how much of a complete farce it was

I can only assume that this so-called "factrepublic.com" is a Jewish ran site?

Turn off your VPN, Giuseppe.

the 2002 WC was fixed and the chinks had to be punished in any way possible

Fact #944
South Korea bribed their way into the Semi Finals with heavy match-fixing against Portugal, Spain and Italy.

You might laugh but we genuinely could have been a contender in that tournament. Drew with the finalists in the group stage and only lost on penalties to Spain after missing a penalty in normal time.
>Spain didn't deserve their victory - they were so, so lucky to earn a place in the quarter-finals. Ireland meanwhile earn the plaudits but nothing else.

And this was without the best midfielder in the world at the time who went home to walk his dog instead.

I can't really wait for Best Korea to nuke their scum neighbours

>this was without the best midfielder in the world at the time

Obviously, why would Viera be playing for Southern Ireland?

>implying there is anything left to ruin

nah it was just Casillas carrying the team and btw Spain played much much better than ireland lol

only player from best korea can play for perugia

How the fuck did Germany struggle so much against that South Korea team?

>a young one

Portugal sucked ass desu, Italy and Spain were absolute masquerades tho.

Jet lag.

was he a hero in Korea?

We were robbed by the refballing krauts, stop crying Luigi

That team was basically Ballack and Kahn

He should be in jail with that caribean ref for match fixing.

Didn't Italy fix two world cups though?

Harte missed a penalty before Keane scored his in the last minutes of normal time so you (I assume) think Ireland should have won 2-1? Doesn't really work like that.

I don't even think it is that bad. imagine playing for a club in which every fan hates you, your teammates hate you, your coach hates you, everyone around hates you.

Because that Korean team was indeed a TEAM, average players but with a good understanding of each other.

Byron Moreno made loose Best Barcelona a title, but it was glorious for me to see Totti's face, the italians and pseudo-italians here in my country crying when finally the referee was against them

>Country famous for match fixing gets mad when another country does it

And Klose

Worst match I've ever seen
Horrible, in-your-face match fixing in favor of worst korea
Absolute disgrace
I could've killed a gook after watching that game

>implying
That Korean team was just Asian trash that rigged itself out of groups, Germany had a literal garbage path to the final (Ireland, Cameroon, Saudi Arabia non-group, terrible Paraguay that somehow found itself to the WC, USA game they could've unironically lost, South Korea with a non-rigging ref) so them struggling was hardly surprising. They made it to the final on pure history.

Lol

Not should have won but certainly could have. Then Korea in the quarter final. We were a better team than them but probably would have been refballed

I assume that we won because every single competitor was refballed out of the WC. Belgium was the most annoying opponent and was also refballed on that game.

I remember Wilmots' goal. You got refballed against Englel and still won lol

It was a refballfest sure but the standard of play was poor apart from Brazil, England, and Spain. Italy got put against South Korea because they lost the group to Mexico.

I remember that goal. I went from a "fuck you" to "thank god" in 0.2s.

That England game, David Seaman is still looking for that Ronaldinho kick.

You were 1 man down against Her Majesty's Serfs IIRC. I still feel bad about Turkey, they deserved to be in the final more than Germoney.

And the fact that most gringos don't know is that we were very salty about our team back then. They did a poor job on the qualifiers (secured the spot on the last double round), Scolari didn't call a outperforming Romário to call Belletti, Anderson Polga and Vampeta aaand we were very skeptical about Lúcio and Roque Jr. on the defense.

>Golden Goal rule
fifa ruined soccer

BAN ALL TAPIOCA AND TRIVAGO FROM ALL MLS

BAN THEM NOW

You had Marcos in goal, wtf was that shit? You had Ceni and Helton(I think) but no, Gene Hackman picks a 40 year old nobody. The backbone of that team were Emerson and Cafu though.

>not calling Sonny Anderson or Giovane Elber

Perugia's also the team that went a season undefeated in the league but came second after drawing 19 times. Eternally cucked

Marcos was a good GK. He played for Palmeiras all his career and he was pretty consistent. Dida was on the bench because he was pretty much oscilating during qualifiers and Ceni was the 3rd one because people would trash the whole CBF HQ if he didn't get called

I was more pissed because:
>Edmilson
>Roque Jr.
>Ricardinho
>Kleberson
>Belletti
>Anderson Polga
>Junior

the face of that ref is hilarious. he looks like some emotionless executioner that doesn't care who his victims are.

I was in middle school at that time. We had ominous legends about the referee moreno. Fun times.

>South Korea refball their way to victory against Italy and Spain but can't refball Germany
>Next 3 World Cup Winners:
>06: Italy
>10: Spain
>14: Germany

That payback

>mfw Poland didn't even need refball to embarrass themselves against Korea

?

That's a beautiful head of hair.