/dixie/ - Southern US & friends

Jim Webb edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbKWbUb3718
youtube.com/watch?v=H1yYDuSf3C4&ab_channel=emimusic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No Canadians allowed below this line

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this message is hidden so
conways a big fag haha who likes cocks and goes to hell for it

Why do you get upset about meaningless hypothetical stuff on the internet

wow what a meaningful discourse we just had

Because you're autistic and you need to leave

Maybe you need to stop getting mad about meaningless nonsense tho.

>you need to leave
Play hard to get all you want
We all know what you really meant was
>you need to leave a DNA deposit in my ass

Southern Lutheran flag

maybe you need to go to a thread where you can't possibly lower the level of discourse

/jizz/ might be more your speed

can we drop this already?
we know alberta isn't going to leave, and we're obsessing about some stupid drama that doesn't fucking matter

Regional Map of the United States

Sorry.

>there's fl*rida leaking into my region
ew ew get it off

there's literally nothing correct here besides Appalachia and Texas.

>and Texas.
The entire southern border would be Mexican, the central part would be German/Czech, the West would be part of northern New Mexico and the East would be joined with Arkansas

>The entire southern border would be Mexican
My map represents the white people, we have other maps for ethnic minorities
>central part German/Czech
I'm not giving regions to ancestral minorities, otherwise there would be other ones showing. I'm showing the primary culture.

Quit pretending Jacksonville and the rest of North Florida are any different from Georgia.

>I'm showing the primary culture.
Then the central part of the state still wouldn't be the same region as East Texas

It's an autistic map and you should be banned

how do you culturally classify Tennessee anyway? It's like a more urbanized version of the Deep South with Appalachian influences.

>more urbanized version of the Deep South
Tennessee is considered the Deep South a lot of times, but even if not, it's still less urbanized than Georgia and maybe Louisiana.

Upland South? Also, isn't it just urbanized along that Interstate?

the difference is Georgians seem to really distance themselves from Atlanta, while in Tennessee Nashville is embraced by everybody for the most part, while Memphis is shunned instead.

I don't think I've ever heard the place described as the Deep South before though.

Well you have Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis all in a straight line with bits of country in between, but there's not much of the state that isn't considered to be part of the metro area of one of those three.

We do have cities that aren't Atlanta.
Columbus, Macon, Augusta etc.
But, I guess they don't have a Metro area the size of fucking Ulster like Atlanta does.

Appalachia

Upper South with Kentucky/Virginia/North Carolina

What do you think of the names Richard, William, and James?

Anglo/10

richard is a good name, but you'll get called dick a lot
william is an okay name
james is the best of the 3

I dont think you understand what rhe upper south is. The "upper" doesn't mean North, it refers to elevation. So Upper south would be comparable to the inland south, and would be Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas and parts of other states.
Basically its the part of the south that didn't have very many slaves.

stop bullying crest

>california and texas are brown
pretty spot on map

>Have to stay overtime because people in a different department fucked up and left without telling anyone
>Have to clean out their garbage
>Takes two hours, end up staying overtime for half an hour
>Decide to hoon on the highway to my house
>Get up to 75
>Hood pops up

dead thread

can i still come?

howdy

>Israel
Fuck you we're not all texas.

that meme has been around since the FOUNDING of /dixie/ feggit

>It's another "Foreigner pretends the rest of the US is stereotypical Texas" episode

I'm pretty sure this board is about to hit shitposting critical mass and implode into itself

in the six years I've been here I have never seen things get this fucking out of control

Shitposting isn't real

it's just memes friends chill

delet

Gnight buds

Have a choon
youtube.com/watch?v=TbKWbUb3718

I kind of like Eurobeat

Found a neat mod for CK2 based in a post-apocalyptic meme America

name?

>thinking that Georgia is a culturally homogenous state
lmao

After the End

t. Atlanta

Wake up, weenies.
I know that foreskin-havin' Jew is awake.
I bet that Celtic Frog will pop out if i mention NDH

youtube.com/watch?v=H1yYDuSf3C4&ab_channel=emimusic

:^|

>egg for breakfast

Yep. What do y'all have?

Meat.

Eggs are meat desu

For some reason I always liked the Maiden Tower desu

Just had some great kugelhupf this morning lads

What's NDH ? Also the breton hasn't come here since a while anyway

Neue Deutsche Härte
It's the gay German music he and I like. (e.g. Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Megaherz, Terminal Choice)

best of friends!

bump

Today, I did some work for a regular client of mine that I like. I wish they had something for me, like, five days a week.

Page 9? No.

Translating stuff sounds nice and easy

It ain't always as easy as it sounds. A lot of people go "eh I speak X and Y, translating will be super easy". If you start doing translation work and you feel like it's all super easy, you're probably not doing a very good job, honestly. Even on the simpler jobs I'll run into a few points where I have to stop and think about what the most natural way to say something is in English.

They both look constipated

Are you well paid for this job ? or do you get paid for each translated book of yours get sold ?

Howdy penman

Most stuff I translate isn't books, actually (though that'd be cool). Translators sometimes get royalties for books if the arrangement is with a major publisher, but in most cases it's a fixed price based on a word count and how complex the text is.

But yeah, it pays pretty well. If you translate the fixed prices for these jobs into hourly prices based on how long they take, I usually make something like $30–40 an hour. The catch is you don't know exactly how much you're going to make for any given period of time because it just depends on how many projects you get.

>Most stuff I translate isn't books
What is it then ?

>Documentary about civil war
>Dixie flag as confederate flag
>basketball players as speakers of how bad slavery was
>saying war was over slavery instead of state rights
>sigh

its the same whenever they brought the black chick on in Ken Burn's doc

all the other speakers talked about the war from a military or political perspective, but she would drone on and on about how the war had a spiritual place in african american history

and i can understand that from their perspective, but it bogs down the discussion of the meat of the causes and tensions that led to the war by focusing on todays morals instead of realistic views of the era

It's been two years since I've last had a Buffalo chicken sub from Publix.

I'm about to end it all, boys. California is a hellhole.

Sounds like hell I ate that earlier in the week and I couldnt imagine life without them

The things people actually need translated every day. Articles for the company blog, legal documents, product pages, product information, stuff like that. Books are what you could call a 'luxury translation' I guess. Literary translation can get pretty expensive, authors generally don't write a book and immediately go "people need to read this in languages X, Y, and Z" before even finding out whether the original sells well.

come home bud

the worst coast is no place to build a life

>basketball players
This pisses me off more than pretty much everything else

>basketball players as speakers of how bad slavery was
lol what

Reminder that Georgia made the world's best tasting rust remover

That's not dr pepper

Tasteless nigger

You a shit

>dr pepper

>muh Georgian swill
Terrible post

You wish for death

Any of you guys tried carbonated water? Seems like the worst of both worlds to me.

>falling for the sugary jew
just drink water and coffee

>23 flavors
>add up to shit

i pretty much only drink water and beer

It is tasteless garbage
Every German I knew loved it

Fits them perfectly

Fuck off lesser ape

no

>being addicted to sugar

ah time for coffee cya later NERDS