The NFL is dyin-

>the NFL is dyin-

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sporf/status/696805723154550784
the18.com/soccer-news/el-clasico-vs-super-bowl-tv-ratings
totalsportek.com/money/biggest-tv-deals-sports/
telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12141415/Premier-League-clubs-to-share-8.3-billion-TV-windfall.html
bbc.com/sport/football/40483486
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
mlb.com/news/c-39362362
awfulannouncing.com/nfl/37-50-watched-tv-shows-year-nfl.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It could have been 460.1 million but us ‘pedes decided to turn off the tele. #MAGA#GEOUSTRUMP

We're going to have this thread again in a month when the Owl has a typical 110 million viewers

drumpf BTFO

It's not dying, if you only go by cherrypicked tweets with no context.

>Finally, the Vikings-Saints duel Sunday afternoon on Fox drew the best overnight rating of the weekend (21.8) but was still down 23 percent from last year and 17 percent from 2016.

Imagine embarrassing yourself like Marcus Williams did in front of 46 million people.

>>the NFL is dyin-

>literally posting a cherry picked stat from "NFLprGuy"
Any other PR spin you want to feed us, OP?

>bragging about double digit millions

LMAO

>literally named nflprguy
biased much

>I don’t like the source so it’s fake news
drumpfcucks in a nutshell

Typical premier league soccer game is watched by 2 million in the UK LMAO

Yeah, but this is like if the Premier league had important games

Because it's on a premium channel mongo

This just proves what everyone who isn’t a dumbass was saying. Ratings were only down because the games were shit.

>NFLPRGUY
hahahahahahahahaha

>gives no context
>why are people shitting on it???
fuck off rogerbot

Ratings are down everywhere. People are cutting the cord more and more

The PL is irrelevant even in the soccer world

t. @PLprguy

More people probably watched Liverpool vs Man City the other day than will watch the NFL play offs and superbowl combined

>the games were shit

>giving a specific match a name less than a day after it happened
just when I thought amerimutt sports couldn't get any more pathetically plastic. lmao

>>>probably

>The PL is irrelevant even in the soccer world
wat

i believe it
twitter.com/sporf/status/696805723154550784
the18.com/soccer-news/el-clasico-vs-super-bowl-tv-ratings
real madrid vs barcelona over 600M viewers
i don't have the liverpool v city figures but even if its half of liverpool v united that's still way more than the super bowl
the 2014 world cup final was over 3 billion viewers. the 2018 final will probably be more.
but soccer is a global sport so you can't really compare a super bowl to even a regular season soccer match with two popular teams.

>GEOUSTRUMP

the fuck does this mean

Kek okay man

El PL es irrelevante incluso en el mundo del fútbol.

They aren't even the league with the best players. I'm sure some pakipaddle match in India is viewed by even more but they are irrelevant

The problem is that 40 million is not even 15% of the US. You'd think that the country would be more interested in one of their biggest sporting events.

People in NA think for themselves, and watch whatever sport interests them. People like you only have soccer to watch so what are you going to do? You aren't given a choice

God Emperor of US? My best guess

2 million people isn't even 5% of UK population. But that's how many people watch Premier League soccer games.

>one of the most irrelevant countries, whose national symbol is leaf, deciding what is and isn't relevant

internet is a wonderful place

what the fuck are you even trying to say?
EPL is the football league with highest revenue because of the broadcasting rights, and the fact that it's broadcasted all over the world.
sure, in Argentina when it comes to foreign football people watch La Liga a lot more, but we still watch some EPL, and in english speaking countries EPL is pretty much the only professional option they got when you realize their other options are MLS and some other shit tier leagues like the Australian one.

there's just no way EPL isn't the most watched league in the world.

if it was broadcast on free TV like the NFL play offs are it would be more

England world cup games get 20 million

and they don't tune in for the adverts

They may be watched more, but what do they do in the CL? Nothing. Therefor an irrelevant B-league, but they make money, I'll give them that.

Your entire sport is way too fractured to even bother with anyway. Fight and create a top flight league with teams in major cities in Europe, or keep it as is and settle for your millions of viewers in Brazil, Philippines, and Afghanistan.

Don't @ me again with those irrelevant numbers

That's fake news. FA Cup final is also on free TV, but it never gets even 10 million viewers. Super Bowl gets 120 million, which is 40% of US population.

>people still watch refball

plebs

>People are cutting the cord more and more

the games were on over the air tv you fucking leaf

>have to buy tv licence to watch tv
>have to still pay for premium channels to watch african diveball
kek what a cucked country

Remember when the UK was known for something other than being a surveillance state that takes pride in destroying its culture as fast as possible? Neither do I, but if you somehow re-animate your great, great, great, great, great grandfather, he might

>b-b-but the britcucks ç__Ç
kys brown amerimutt

What did the rest of the world mean by this?

t.

Super bowl gets 120 million because your society has been conditioned to actually look forward to the adverts more than the actual sport, which is why regular play offs games get just a third of that, whereas the FA Cup is consistent 7-10 million viewers from the quarter final onwards

Your refugee loving PM is doing a pretty good job destroying your country.

Doesn't account for non-domestic deals. Also compares deals with varying contracts rather than per season.

kek that is literally you right chicago cunt?

Explain this. Never seen white people kill this much.

you have it backwards, companies started releasing brand new commercials during the super bowl because so many people watched it. basically man that isn't a massive faggot is going to watch the superbowl so obviously girlfriends/wives and the men that don't watch sports will drink some beers and eat nachos with everyone else. the genesis of the "superbowl commercials" is that companies capitalized on the non-football fan audience. commercials are the time to talk about the game and go get a beer/go to the bathroom/smoke a cigarette etc.

>but what do they do in the CL? Nothing.
why are you talking about things you clearly know nothing about? picrelated.

>Your entire sport is way too fractured to even bother with anyway. Fight and create a top flight league with teams in major cities in Europe
>just mentioned champions league
are all leafs this retarded?

>americans enjoy a variety of sports
>eurotrash all watch the same shit but different leagues

Soon white leaf's will be welcome in the Trump empire

>everyone liver in Rio the Negreiro or Norbosta
based fucking brown amerimutt

yeah but an nfl game is like 80% commercials

Lol that chart 100% accounts for non domestic deals. Premier League soccer, with all this so called international viewers can't get anywhere near the revenue of NFL and MLB lmao!

BTW, 2/3rd of Premier League TV rights money is from domestic rights, only 1/3rd from this so called global market.

why would you need more than one sport?
are you seriously so retarded that you can't watch a single sport all year round because your mind drifts off otherwise?
is that why handegg lasts for like 4 months or whatever? lmao

>People are cutting the cord more and more
why do people say this shit

youtube tv and all services like that track viewership as well

illegal streams are literally 1% maybe even less

what an awful rebuttal. hurr let me watch the same putrid shit year-round because my mind can handle the complexity of pass the ball for 90 minutes en route to a 0-0 tie.

No wonder your country is so "white"

Here's a better link

totalsportek.com/money/biggest-tv-deals-sports/

Note the per season on the right. Also note the fact it's only domestic and note the differences in $ and £ where it applies. The PL is only behind the NFL. Although I'm only posting this to highlight how shit ice hockey is. Its deal is nowhere near as that misleading chart suggests.

I honestly think the super bowl is terrible for the nfls growth because it's so many casuals both domestic and especiqlly abroads only game they watch. A normal game is bad enough with the commercialization but doable but there's another hour-hour and a half of fluff added to the super bowl. People watch a 4-4 and a half hour slog and think "wtf is this shit"

Love the NFL, despise the SB. It's nothing more than a forced social event I don't want any part of but have to attend

are you saying that you wouldn't watch NFL if it was on all year round and you'd call it "the same putrid shit"?
why would you literally just prove my point?
kek

wow, that's only like, 2 orders of magnitude less than 7-1

Options, if you don't like 1 sport you can always just pick another one. It was way more fun as a kid getting the opportunity to play 6 different sports and getting to choose which one I liked best. If anything you're the simpleton because you only do one sport. If America at all cared about divegrass it would dominate the World cup.

we get the pleasure to have a variety of sports that culminate year round. When football is over, hockey is in the middle of the season, when hockey is over, baseball has started, once baseball is finished football is in the middle of the season

vs. same old shit day in day out

but living in your favela I'm sure you're accustomed to it.

>totalsportek.com/money/biggest-tv-deals-sports/
Hahaha you're totally cluless aren't you! You have no idea about baseball TV rights, and neither does that shitty website.

That link only shows baseball's "national" TV rights deal, which is indeed £1.3 billion per year. But it doesn't include each team's own separate TV deals which are ALSO worth about £1.2 billion per year.

In total, baseball TV deals are worth £2.5 billion per year. Premier League soccer pales in comparison with that, despite this so-called "most watched" league in the world ROFLMAO!

>If anything you're the simpleton because you only do one sport.
we don't.
I don't think anyone in the world does.
it's just that other sports aren't even close to being as important as football, so they don't make that much money.

I was merely pointing out that there's literally nothing wrong with watching only one sport specially if it's on all year round.

>If America at all cared about divegrass it would dominate the World cup.
no you wouldn't, what the fuck kind of logic are you even using to say this?

i wonder what the public beheading viewing numbers are like in saudi arabia

Cool, the PL's domestic and overseas deal is £8.3 billion for 3 seasons

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12141415/Premier-League-clubs-to-share-8.3-billion-TV-windfall.html

That's $11.3 billion

Divided by 3

$3.7 billion a season. Not far behind the NFL's of $4.5 billion a season. And the PL renegotiates next year whereas the NFL has a massive contract that's not up for negotiation for about 6 years.

Basebore does not even come into the equation.

thanks for proving my point yet again.

>favela
I'm not Brazilian, you mean one of those places that look like Detroit for example?

Changing goalposts now eh? So why not go back to the original graphics which was about TOTAL revenue including TV rights AND gate receipt etc?

MLB total revenue is $10 billion when you account for the MASSIVE 75 million people that attend MLB games every year (bringing in $3 billion from gate receipts alone!!!!))

By comparison, the shitty Premier League soccer has barely $5 billion yearly revenue (due to the fact that it has 1/3rd of the MLB gate receipt).

So, as I said, Premier League soccer, with its all so called "global" viewership has HALF the total revenue of Major League Baseball!

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

bbc.com/sport/football/40483486

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story tho.

Rightards yet again showing their hypocrisy and lack of commitment. Sad!

Why do you even care?

America always leads the medal table in the Olympics. Just no one bothers to play it here. We clearly have the athletic capability to win the world cup yet we don't because no one here gives half a shit about a sport where you walk around for 90 minutes and often ends 0-0.

What on earth are you rambling about? We're discussing TV deals. There are only two major players in the sporting world in terms of finance and that's the premier league and the NFL. The facts and figures are all there. Baseball is nothing you loon, it's behind the NBA too.

It's always fun to BTFO the Europoors by proving how much more popular MLB is than any soccer league in the world!

>America always leads the medal table in the Olympics.
there's like 4, maybe 5 countries total that actually give a fuck about the olympics, when you play anything that is globally popular and actually dominate it I'll let you think you can do the same at football, but the reality is that you can't, and never will.

No you fucking fucktard, we were not only discussing TV deals. The original infographic you responded to had TOTAL revenue of sports leagues. And MLB revenue is twice higher than any soccer league in the world including the shitty Premier League soccer!

Baseball is by far more popular and generates twice as much revenue than any soccer league in the world, and there's NOTHING you can EVER do to change that!

HahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahahaHahahahaahahaha

You clearly know nothing about football. Leagues and clubs go in cycles, nobody can be dominant in the Champions League for a long time. PL is making a comeback in Europe, although the big sides have been weak for the last few years...

Nobody in Europe wants a shitty pan-European league. Knockout stages of the CL are the highest standard of football and prob the best events in sport desu

>Baseball is by far more popular
citation needed.

And the original infographic was hilariously incorrect with older deals and differing contract lengths.

The PL also reks the MLB per capita as well as in general. Going to bed now bye lol

What's your excuse for America dominating swimming and basketball? Those are two globally popular sports. America also has been pretty dominant at tennis as well.

MLB has $10 billion in total revenue per year -- that's twice that of the shitty Premier League soccer -- which is the biggest soccer league in the world.

Moreover, MLB attracts 75 million in attendance every year -- that's 3 times as much as Bundesliga -- the most attended soccer league in the world!

Damn, that's just about the number of illegal immigrants in this country.

Original infographic might be "outdated", but the ordering and ranking of the leagues are very much correct lol!

>Muh per capita

Hahahahahahahaha!! Isn't Premier League supposed to be this "global league"!! So, no, even with "muh per capita", baseball utterly DESTROYS the shitty Premlel League soccer!

>doesn't even bother to provide citations
How do you expect us to believe you on a Ugandan basket weaving forum?

To be fair, there's like 2400 games in a baseball season.

No one's stopping any soccer league from playing as many games as they like! Plus, MLB maintains an average attendance of 30,000 per game, despite teams playing every single day during the season. That average is right up there with the shitty soccer leagues, which only play once a week on weekends.

The fact that teams get 30,000 people to attend all of them actually makes it more impressive. No way would that many people attend divegrass matches in bongland if there was a game every day.

Personally, I stopped watching the NFL because I do everything my God Emperor tells me to do. He is, like, really smart, and a very stable genius. You limp-wristed soyboy numale libcuck bernouts don't know what that's like

The funny thing is, most people already had started to quit watching the nfl before the whole kneeling even happened. Cord cutting, over saturation, too many commercials, and head injuries all were cutting down the viewership. The kneeling was the final nail in the coffin. The nfl will probably be dead in 50 years, college might survive if they can avoid paying the players.

The citations are in this thread. Here's one
Give me a source that says the MLB makes more.

MLB also has a lower avg attendance than the premier league.

you're just comparing 2 leagues, that doesn't mean baseball is more popular than football.
in fact, it's not even close, football is the most popular sport in the world.

>What's your excuse for America dominating swimming and basketball?
again, that only you really care about it?
Tennis isn't a good way to measure anything because instead of having one national team, you have individual players, and USA being the 3rd biggest nation in the world in terms of population means you'd have more players than the rest.
and I know about the davis cup, but everytime I see people talking about it on TV or even on this board, they always say that it became a thing like 20 years ago or so.

The mlb average attendance is 2,400,000 for each team across a whole season compared to 600,000 for the epl. You bongs just don't go to games.

ok, now do the average attendance per game stat.

There you go moron:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

>NFL 13 billion
> MLB 10 billion
> NBA 8.5 billion
> Shitty Premier League soccer 4.8 billion

Hahahahahahahaha

>MLB also has a lower avg attendance than the premier league.

Yeah it has slightly lower average attendance DESPITE playing 7 times as many games (1 game a week vs a game every day).

Total attendance is 4 times as high LOL!!

Fine, if no one wants to post the MLB TV deal I will

mlb.com/news/c-39362362

$12.4 billion for 8 years. If you scale the PL's TV deal to 8 years it would be $30.1 billion!!!!!!!!!

>NA
>comparing Canada to the USA

Hahahahahaha "no" you fucking dweeb. Canada blows

30,000 for the epl vs 29,000 for the mlb. The mlb has higher attendance overall. If the mlb had only a few games per season then attendance would be much higher like the nfl. The fact that the mlb has so many games yet has about the same average attendance is very impressive because no way would Europeans go to as many games as Americans do if the epl had the same amount of home games as the mlb does.

Canada is pretty much the US, they leech off most of our culture and most of their population lives within 100 miles of the US.

Hey fuckwit, I already said MLB's national TV deal is only HALF its total TV deal. Each team in MLB has their own TV deals worth 100s of miilions .

Combine the two, and you have $3 billion per year.

And we were talking about TOTAL revenue. Gate receipt brings in further $3 billion, and sponsorship etc adds up to $10 billion.

Compare that to shitty Premier League soccer which adds up to just $5 billion -- half of MLB hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

>awfulannouncing.com/nfl/37-50-watched-tv-shows-year-nfl.html

Numbers are down, but it actually holds more of the top 50 broadcasts this year than it did last year. I'd say the ratings decline is due to less people watching TV networks. The NFL should keep cutting deals with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon

Just shut up dude who the fuck cares