Best action flick since Mad Max.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1476367071506/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hasn't seen JW2

Disagree. Force Awakens takes the cake.

>the best movie of the franchise is a spinoff

REALLY makes you think

The plotting in the first act and everything about the Forest Whitaker character was a complete shit show.

The lead character and her arc were completely lost in the fan wank of the final act.

I liked everything else. I particularly thought the lead was a great. Great character and great performance. I really liked how committed it was thematically to being a war film. The heroes "won" because they were willing to sacrifice for their cause while the villain "lost" because he wasn't committed to anything greater than himself. The traditional war film really isn't popular in Hollywood so it felt fresh.

What did he mean by this?

X-Wings, Tie Fighters, trench run, snowy forest lightsaber battle.

>Star Wars that finally makes the Empire look bad ass
>Sup Forums hates it

makes you think

I'd put TFA a notch above R1 too just for the likable characters and the tighter story. The Kylo Run character particularly was an instant classic for me. I get that a lot of it is a retread of ANH but a retread of ANH feels pretty fresh in the Hollywood climate of quippy goofball shit and edgy grimdark shit. TFA had a great grasp of tone which is really missing in blockbusters today. I just wish JJ was better at crafting visuals, It was very flat particularly in the effects heavy scenes. The final forest samurai fight was awesome though.

Neither of these are even close to Mad Max: FR which I'd call the greatest action film of the decade.

stfu contrarian reddit tourist

FUCK YOU

Seriously? I thought Captain Andor was a much better character than Kylo.

Fan service done right.

The robot was absolute shit.

>This is unironically good.
It's the best star wars film since 1983, but its a stretch to call it "good". It's a 6.5 out of 10.

>Best action flick since Mad Max.

Nope

>The Accountant
>Civil War
>Deadpool
>Train to Busan

all better action films than Rogue.

That's a good trick.

It wasn't that good but mad max was horrible. I did not ezpect it to be as dark as it was. From the opening scene to the main characters goodbye. That shit was way darker than i thought disney would go.

I love the part where every single character died.
That was my favorite part.

Well if you think about it every single character in every single movie you have ever seen died, they just did it later offscreen.

R1 is better than TFA which is better than everything since Empire.

Scarif and the space battle above are possibly the best in the series

Those 4 films you named are unwatchably bad. How can you have such shit taste?

It was Halo: Reach set in the Star Wars universe. Pure perfection.

I wish Jyn and Cassian got a badass last stand gunning down Imperials before getting blown up by DS1 though.

>>The Accountant
>>Civil War
>>Deadpool
>>Train to Busan
>all better action films than Rogue.

Are you implying Rogue One was better than them? Because that was the only criteria.

>the hantavirus causes brain lesions

this is why its best to avoid mouseshit mate

the webm should have started 5 seconds earlier dumbass

>It ain't Sheev starts playing.

>implying I made it

>itt low standards

kys

They'll just be recast for the Kenobi Trilogy. You watch. You just watch.

>ywn GET SOME with your space M60 on a space Huey flying over space Vietnam

Feels bad.

Made it half way through. Couldn't finish it.

Force Awakens was alright, but this was fucking awful.

Agreed on most fronts. Rogue One exceeded my expectations, really felt like it had a lot of heart poured into the second half of the movie.
The escape from the death star shot sequence was kino.

>forced hype : the flick

Nah m8, even as reddit as FA was, it was still more entertaining. Rogue is pure shit and it doesn't help that all the actors are ugly. The story was so bland I don't even remember what it was.

U Wing and Krennic's shuttle are the two coolest ships in SW since the chrome SR-71 from Ep 1

TV Tropes: The Movie

What the fuck is with this same fucking thread being posted literally every few hours?

Rogue One fucking sucked ass. It was somehow even worse than TFA which is actually a feat in itself.

George Lucas giving this shit to Disney and not just continuing the Clone Wars forever was unironically bad.

>the accountant

>likable characters
> retread of ANH feels pretty fresh
>samurai fight
shut the fuck up you 90's born queer

too bad it makes no sense

lets just make shots for the trailer lol, who cares if we're supposed to be advertising an actual movie

that shot was actually in the movie for like 0.23 seconds iirc

If it wasn't for Sup Forums I would unironically not even remember this movie existed.

CUTE!!!!

Jedi Starfighters and Greivous' ship were neat, as were the yellow Naboo fighters

My nigga. Do you have any of the intro scene? I loved the ring visuals

I want her to suck my dick so fucking much.

I thought it was pretty neat how Vader lived in a giant spooky lava castle.

alright so if they're trapped because of the shield gate, why do they transmit the plans if the shield has to be destroyed anyway?

Safer to transmit them than to try and fly out of there.

>Numale mac
>good
Ahahahah

irebel

Is it autism?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1476367071506/

yeah but the only reason they try to transmit them is because they're trapped
it's a retarded loop

They were dumb af in this movie.

Death Troopers and Shore Troopers were just as shitty and ineffective as Storm Troopers.

At that point they knew they weren't getting off the planet. It was a long way away to steal a ship to fly back after all the chaos they had created.

Chris Stuckman showed this movie is bad. You have shit taste

I did wonder how they were going to square the skills of young Anakin with the moves set by the OG trilogy.
I think they nailed it tbf.

>The Accountant
Just because it painted autism in a good light, doesn't mean you have to support it.

You idiot. It's made by the Godzilla guy. NOTHING happens in the first two thirds of his movies. Everything is at the end.

Why do all the characters look like they're about to fall asleep during the first half?

>5 Y-Wings can completely cripple a Star Destroyer
>The Empire doesn't consider fighters to be a threat

Felicity was best Star Wars grill

>Plans get broadcast to the Rebel flagship
>Instead of then being rebroadcast to the other rebel ships and to Yavin (and hell to the entire galaxy) the other rebel ships immediately start jumping into hyperspace before the flagship
>Flagship gets crippled and instead of downloading it to the ship literally docked to them, they have to put it on a floppy and manually run to the ship

link to felicity jones sextape please.

The scarif space and land battle makes me wish for a movie dedicated to the clone wars. No bullshit "roger roger" or other witty comic relief droid shit. Something similar to the feel of Republic Commando.

>killing nameless underlings

Wow
So cool
Much badass

>DUDE ANYTHING TO HATE THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIES LMAO

Who is he gonna kill then? He took care of the Jedi in episode 3, not like anyone needs to prove Vader is badass anymore.

Rogue one has a good cinematography

But rlm is right, characters are literally shit. I cannot like this movie just because of that.

this is the scene people were cumming their pants over?

Star Wars truly has the most cancerous fanbase in history, it practically invented the manchild

That was what drove it home for me. The entire point of the movie was to make A New Hope so much more desperate and amazing for the rebels.

They already lost an entire cast of heroes, a huge portion of the fleet, and tons of manpower JUST to get a floppy disk to the A New Hope.

Yeah it felt like by the start of A New Hope the Rebels already spent thier best assets and had to rely on a couple droids and a whiny son of a moisture farmer. It made everything seem so much more intense in retrospect

I CLAPPED BECAUSE I KNOW STAR WARS!

>Best action flick since Mad Max.
LOL
O
L

If it even existed... well then it doesn't matter to us

gas yourself.