Can the Finns give me the big enchilada on Finnish conscription? I want to know about its culture, roots...

Can the Finns give me the big enchilada on Finnish conscription? I want to know about its culture, roots, and all the terms such as getting your hand me down knife that your great grandpa used in the Talvisota.

Other urls found in this thread:

formin.finland.fi/public/default.aspx?nodeid=49417&contentlan=2&culture=en-US
thebalance.com/what-the-recruiter-never-told-you-3332715
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to do the ancient Finnish call. SUOMI MAINITTU, TORILLA TAVATAAN :DDDDDDD

You Finns have let me down. How else would I be able to understand Spurdo Sparde culture and the contributions idyllic/stressful experiences of Finnish military life to this meme?

Ebin thread XDDD But I know very liddle about spurdo army :DDDD exgebt whats in the pic related XDDDDD

DO NOT ANSWER. OP IS A CIA AGENT.

I've seen that one too. It helped pique my interest into this captivating phenomena.
Boy I'm just some Perulainen that's interested in this.

I think if you get yourself Finnish citizenship you can experience it all yourself.

t: shared a dorm with an American from Colorado

Would I be put into a foreign legion type unit with English as the lingua franca or would I be put into regular platoon while learning Finnish through classes on base? What do I need to do in order to gain Finnish citizenship? I've always toyed with the idea of becoming a citizen of a EU nation so I could enjoy its right to travel privileges, so if it's faster than me doing two years in Spain before being able to apply for citizenship I'm down for it. Ah who am I kidding I'd still try out Finnish military anyways.

There's one for foreigners

>One year of service
It's funny because here minimum is 4 years, with most reserve/guard contracts at 6. I don't think I got out of the "new outta basic" mindset until a year through my enlistment. But pretty much everyone reaches phase 3 soon enough. Phase 4 gets skipped as everyone hops right into Phase 5 on that chart though.

>reserve/guard
>contracts

lol what?

Well shit looking up Finnish consciption for foreigners only gives me this link.
formin.finland.fi/public/default.aspx?nodeid=49417&contentlan=2&culture=en-US
Where is the page for foreigners located?

In the case of the American who I met, he sort of haphazardly decided to come over to do his military service. He didn't speak any Finnish and was just placed into a regular unit like anyone else. He sometimes received some guidance from junior sergeants who spoke a little English, but oftentimes during drills he'd just follow what everyone else was doing. He got along great with everyone including the brigade's major whose house he stayed at for our weekend holidays since he had nowhere else to go. Eventually he was transferred into Helsinki where they have programs for English speakers.

Not him, but pretty much U.S. military and its branches have contracts where you give a number of years of your life to the government and in exchange they train you, teach you skills, and give you references after you finish your term.
thebalance.com/what-the-recruiter-never-told-you-3332715

Wait, so he just went to the closest military recruiter and got signed up? Fuck if that fucker gained citizenship for doing that then I'm gonna fucking do it. The U.S. is pretty good yeah but I have a massive wanderlust that can not be satisfied, and I really want to go to the European Union and experience their land before the refugees start making too many camps in the European hinterlands.

>Wait, so he just went to the closest military recruiter and got signed up? Fuck if that fucker gained citizenship for doing that then I'm gonna fucking do it.
I failed to mention he had both American and Finnish citizenship beforehand. I don't really remember how his conscription process went. I think they just sent him a letter telling him to come over and do his military service.

Ah, yeah depending on the conditions if dual citizenship Finns don't do their military service they can be arrested if they ever go back to Finland. From what I read it depends on certain conditions though. Thanks user, but it looks like there's no service for this user.

well fug :DD

I have dual citizenship but exempt from conscription for now for living overseas 7+ years

You made it user, you have achieved the dream of being able to eat burgers and watch Moomin in your comfy Burgerland house.

Conscripts get only 1-2 years of service.Proffesional contracts are 3-5 depending on the rank.You are counted towards reserve until the age of 53.

FinlanDDD

I'm in navy, ask anything :DDD

Never went to army because it's all a big meme, this picture is very accurate.

Is not