What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

criticschoice.com/search?s=dark
deadline.com/2012/12/afi-awards-2012-winners/
imdb.com/event/ev0000620/2012
entertainment.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-arts-lists/slide/the-dark-knight-rises/
rollingstone.com/movies/lists/the-best-movies-of-2012-20121212/the-pop-spot-19691231
articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/entertainment/la-et-mn-year-in-review-best-movies
slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-admires-christopher-nolans-dark-knight-trilogy/
youtu.be/rDuetklFtDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My boner didn't rise

Felt like an origin film and disregarded the progress of Batman's character from the previous two films.

Nolan didn't want to make a Batman movie and decided to film a tale of two cities instead.

And it was the worst of times.

91/100 Critics' Choice
criticschoice.com/search?s=dark

TDKR Cinemascore: "A"

88% RT, 8.0 average rating (8.0 Top Critics)

78/100 Metacritic, 10 perfect scores

>The Dark Knight Rises was crowned by Forbes as the best modern comic book superhero adaption on screen, outranking both its main summer blockbuster competitor, Marvel's The Avengers, and the trilogy's previous installment The Dark Knight.

>The Telegraph granted the film a maximum score of five stars, stating that it is "a superhero film without a superhero," comparing it with The Godfather Part II and praising Hardy's performance as well as the film's intricate plot and narrative.

>The Los Angeles Times thought the film was "potent, persuasive and hypnotic" and that it was "more than an exceptional superhero movie, it is masterful filmmaking by any standard."

The American Film Institute ten-best films of 2012 list.
deadline.com/2012/12/afi-awards-2012-winners/

Southeastern Film Critics Association best films of 2012
imdb.com/event/ev0000620/2012

TIME magazine best films of 2012
entertainment.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-arts-lists/slide/the-dark-knight-rises/

Rolling Stone best films of 2012
rollingstone.com/movies/lists/the-best-movies-of-2012-20121212/the-pop-spot-19691231

Los Angeles Times best films of 2012
articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/entertainment/la-et-mn-year-in-review-best-movies

Paul Thomas Anderson Admires Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight’ Trilogy
slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-admires-christopher-nolans-dark-knight-trilogy/

RedLetterMedia: Emotional visceral poetic epic, only batman movie about batman

More like what went right!

Solid action flick, on par with DK

N O L A N
O
L
A
N

Bane?

Felt like a bunch of movies all crammed together.

Batman thought that darkness was his ally.

Nothing

Nolan lost grip on reality with lack of criticism.

I said nothing

underrated as fuck

I don't get it.

Dr. Pavel™: "NOTHING. I SAID NOTHING"

an ambitious director tried to one-up his previous entry in every way but wanted to do it with only one take per scene. also he didn't give a fuck.

The very fact that you replied instantly means it's not underrated. Underrated doesn't mean "I like this post". Stop being a fucking parrot.

Ambitious director finally realized that he was making super hero movies and said "lol fuck this whatever man" and cashed in with minimal effort while planning the real movies he'd film once this man child shit was done with.

>Solid action flick
Post 1 solid action scene from this joke of a flick

underrated post lads

>bane breaking the bat
>crashing the plane

Its tried to be deeper than it actually was. Tbqh they should've just had Bane destroy the city with really addictive drugs and have Batman beat the shit out of bunch of Crips for info on Bane.

youtu.be/rDuetklFtDQ you really think this is solid? Even Daredevil vs Fisk is better.

>I didn't see the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but BLIDIGHINT

Why did Nolan use a take where Hardy sneezed?

Yes, I think it's easily the best scene in the film. Still not enough to make it worth sitting through the third act.

>I think it's easily the best scene in the film

>Spinning punch
>Batman yelling and screaming for no reason
>Punches Bane in the face, doesn't knock loose his mask like he does at the end
>Bane not breathing at all despite the stress of the situation

It's really poorly done.

he said best scene in the film.

he set a bar so low you'd have to dig to find it.

>also he didn't give a fuck
that's the impression I got, like he rushed everything so he could get moving on other projects, only did it for the money

You called the movie a solid action flick. It's not and you know it.

How about these scenes?
-Bane and Batman, two elite ninjas, shitty sewer fistfight.
-Batman's broken back, where he languishes in a cell for a lot of the movie, doing nothing
-Bane being a simple henchman to Al-Ghoul's daughter
-Bane being dispatched by Catwoman on a bike
-Poor quality of combat scenes
-Police in the sewers
-Police baton charge against machine-gun armed criminals
-School bus scene on the exploded bridge

It's an ATOM BOMB

Different user. I don't think it's a solid flick at all. I just really liked that scene.

You post, like a younger mahn. Nothing held back. Admirrrable, but mistaken.

the 3rd act just like TDK. Begins is the only one that makes sense tje whole way thru

I mean the tension buildup was nice but The goofy choreography took me out of the moment. Couldn't help but laugh at Banes jumping spinning counter punch and his apparent attempt to punch Batman in the leg / sweep his leg using his arm.