MAX LANDIS'S "POWER RANGERS"

Max Landis wrote the first draft of the script and was notoriously butthurt that Lionsgate scrapped it, claiming they owe it to him to have acquired the rights from Saban and that the final movie ripped off "Chronicle". This is his pitch. Would it truly have been better?

>The Power Rangers are alien warriors led by Zordon and chosen to protect the intergalactic Eltarian empire from the malevolent Lord Zedd.

>Lord Zedd corrupts the Black Ranger, Rita Repulsa, who attempts to steal the Power Coins for him. Zordon traps her on the Moon and flees to Earth with the Power Coins and Alpha-5.

>Years later, Rita escapes and contacts Lord Zedd, who has nearly subjugated the Eltarian Empire. He sends Scorpina, Goldar, Squatt and Baboo as well as the Putties to help Rita find the Power Coins. Zordon finds out she has escaped and recruits a new generation of Power Rangers.

>Jason is the local troublemaker. Billy and Zack are his childhood friends, although Jason and Zack's relationship is strained by Zack's decision to join the football team.

>Jason's ex-girlfriend is Trini, an overarchiever pressured by her parents into excellency. Billy, on the other hand, used to date Kimberly, an edgy punk rocker who returns to Angel's Grove one year after dumping Billy for Tommy Oliver while touring with her band. Zack is dating a cheerleader, Amanda.

>The Power Coins get mixed up and Kimberly ends up becoming the Black Ranger, while Zack becomes the Pink Ranger.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/59663969/#59666280
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Zordon is disappointed by the recruits and the Rangers struggle to become a real team, but overcome their differences and manage to defeat Rita and her followers. Rita is then sealed away once again, but not before sending a message to Lord Zedd about how powerful the new Power Rangers are.

>Jason & Trini and Billy & Kimberly get back together and Kimberly and Zack talk about trading Power Coins as Zordon embraces them as the new protectors of the galaxy.

>In the post-credits scene, Lord Zedd decides to use a secret weapon against the new Rangers: A corrupted green Power Coin.

>Zordon is a squid-like alien and Alpha-5 is a robotic head with spider-like legs that later assimilates a drone body.

>Rita is towering horned abomination. Pic related.

>Scorpina is a "female Predator" with a sharp tail and Goldar is an ape-like creature in a golden armor. The Putties are shapeshifting clay-like monsters that can grow extra limbs to fight.

>Zack becomes the pink ranger
Sounds like classic Landis

In any case, Landis has a handful of movies written under his belt and only one has been good. So no, I don't trust him to be better.

Max landis is a hack. His new movie for netflix is literally copy and paste change up the homework so it's not the same of Shadow run.

Landis a shit.

Max Landis is a shitty writer. I don't care about his opinion or any of his projects.

Your movie had a group of kids gaining superpowers?

MY movie had a bunch of kids gaining superpowers!!!

Ripoff!!

Really fires up the neurons.

This sounds like fucking ass

This hilariously shit, i bet the people at the studio had a really big laugh while not reading it...

Does anyone else think the new movie is much better than Chronicle?

Teenagers suddenly gaining superpowers is such a unique and recent idea in general.

>the final movie ripped off "Chronicle"
That's quite the claim, considering Chronicle ripped off Akira.

That sounds pretty awful honestly.

I thought the movie was fine. Better than expected. Needed more in suit time though, which I'm sure the next one will fix.

But did it have literal autism?

The new movie was fun as fuck.

>reminder that an account belonging to a teenage Max Landis on the cracked.com forums has hilariously awful scripts posted on it and refers to the black Green Lantern as "negro lantern"

Link that shit, senpai. I don't want to go digging through cracked. By the way, someone should archive that shit. Max might delete it if he finds out people found it.

I don't have the link handy. Someone posted it on here years ago.

the final film is orders of magnitude better.

Shit, I hope it still exists.

Max Landis was, is and always will be a talentless hack that got into the industry thanks to nepotism.

Daily reminder that his dad got 2 guys killed in a dangerous stunt in which he was warned by professionals that it would kill the kids but he went with it anyways. Never paid for his crime because he has connections.

sounds shit

I know I would've preferred it. It's also a colossal dick move to use him to acquire the rights to the story, then fire him and rip off heaps of his ideas for the film, as well as coopting the entire first act of one of his earlier films. Even for Hollywood that's a pretty damn brutal sequence of events.

I have no issues with a guy being the pink ranger, I think if you made him a true badass it would be a great source of comedy for the first half of the film and then by the end of it you'd think of him as awesome. Again, this is assuming it's actually handled well. As long as he wasn't gay. No problems with having a gay ranger, but having a gay ranger AND making that guy the pink one is a little on the nose.

The first half of the movie sounds okay, I don't like Landis though and the second half sounds kinda shit.

you mean someone made that shit up?

>The Power Coins get mixed up and Kimberly ends up becoming the Black Ranger, while Zack becomes the Pink Ranger
of course, he just HAD to throw it in there...

>an account belonging to a teenage Max Landis on the cracked.com forums
>cracked.com
of fucking course

>The Power Coins get mixed up and Kimberly ends up becoming the Black Ranger, while Zack becomes the Pink Ranger
So this is the power of nepotism?

Fuck off, Max.

at least they payed tribute to max by putting an autist in the movie.

>it's a Max Landis is a giant hack episode
shocking

Wasn't the yellow one gay though?

I have no idea, OP's thing doesn't say which one was yellow.

That's not what he said.

I found this in the archives. It seems like the right post.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/59663969/#59666280

>alien rangers
Shit tier season

I mean in the final movie

>As long as he wasn't gay.

It says he's dating a cheerleader in OP's post so I assume it's all done for cheap laughs.

Somehow this sounds even shittier than the final movie turned out.

Oh right yeah. That wasn't necessarily the way it was in Landis' draft, though.

Right, cool then. I think that'd be fine.

yeah, this is the one.

Has Max addressed this?

I doubt it. I think we would have heard if Landis addressed the time he said "Oh, and about the super negro...pardon me, the black Green Lantern".

>best friends
>exes

dropped alreaedy

It'd be pretty easy to spin it.

"This was nearly a decade ago, at a time where I was at a very bad place in my young, stupid life. I was wrestling with my sexuality (having not yet come out as gay), and, as so many misguided white men are wont to do, would direct my self-loathing at others around me. I'm sincerely sorry for any offense caused, and hope the black community knows that I've grown up a lot since being a privileged white kid".

I don't know if any of you youngsters remember Pointless Waste of Time but he posted scripts on there all of the time too. Uptomyknees and utmk. People would give him shit and he's get into flame wars with people so it's nuts to see how far he's come lol. For some reason I remember he posted a script and someone replied with the slightest critique and Max's reaction was "FAGGOT!"

That still makes me laugh when I think about it. I like Max tbqh even if I disagree with his politics and think some of his work sucks dick.

FYI Max Landis almost always right.

About what?

> being a privileged white kid
Doesn't he mean still?

t. Max Landis

>change the azn ranger girl into a nigress
>make her a lesbian because why the fuck not
Fuck this "progressive" bullshit.

Honestly, they should have gone full Akibaranger with it. Basically, just buy the rights to Akibaranger, mash the Akibaranger story with the Power Rangers original series imagery and characters and called it a day.

Bunch of fucking nerd losers get chosen to be the Power Rangers. Comedy ensues , downturn is when they realize they were chosen for all being delusional autists who are like 20+ years old and still play with childrens shit and it is the power of delusion that actually grants them their powers. They're like "holy shit, we are losers". In the end they realize they are the only ones that can save earth, fully release their autist Sup Forums power levels and summon the Zords.

Instead of looking like a piece of melted gold shit, Goldar actually looks like a giant gold ape like King Kong in armour.

>TFW fucking fans make better costumes than the film.

>the only person who thinks it was bad to steal from Landis is Landis

>Goldar is an ape-like creature in a golden armor.

That IS what Goldar is though?

>>Goldar is an ape-like creature in a golden armor.

>munky not gold!

I can't into this sentence. What do you even?

it was 3 people actually, Vic Morrow and 2 kids who weren't cleared to work on a movie set

I would only watch this if Zack is still a black guy and his Pink Ranger costume still has the skirt on it.

Seriously I'm fucking sick of that cunt pushing his shit here

No one likes you max, kys

Juicy shaq meat !! xDD

>The Power Coins get mixed up and Kimberly ends up becoming the Black Ranger, while Zack becomes the Pink Ranger.
This is the laziest joke you can do with Power Rangers and it's not just a one time throw-away gag, either, but rather Zack's entire development as a character.

Fuck Max Landis.

Did he explain why they don't wear spandex anymore? Why I can't ogle glorious ranger booty anymore?

So, Kimberly LITERALLY gets blacked...