twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It literally is still a thing.

blockbuster.com/

blockbuster.com/franchise.html
There's a couple left.

Here's a list of stores still open

blockbuster.com/franchise.html

I'm really glad that retail is dying.

Of course that means the only jobs will be factory slave labor in 20 years. But hey.

Computers can't program themselves
checkm8

Mine's still open, and as someone who always used to go every weekend with my family as a kid, but hasn't bought into the nostalgia because, well, it's still open and I still go from time to time, I can tell you all with pure confidence that streaming services are infinitely better. I only go to Blockbuster when I can't find what I wanna watch online.

That's where you're wrong

>streaming services are infinitely better
My local video store had over 90,000 titles
How many does your streaming service have?

The library isn't nearly as big as that anymore. My Blockbuster has only a small collection of Blu-Rays and the rest of them are shitty movies on DVD. Streaming is better.

wew fooken lad
Consider me impressed, I might have to take a long trip just to please my nostalgia addiction now.

no they didn't

They are working on this. In class our teacher told us we probably have a solid 15yrs of employment before programmers are obsolete

PTP is my Blockbuster now. Life has improved, if anything.

>My local video store had over 90,000 titles

That's why Blockbuster went bust. What do you do with 20,000 used VHS copies of Feivel Goes West when the world has switched to DVD? There's probably still warehouses in the US somewhere literally full of VHS tapes

15 is a little optimistic and they'll need bugtesters for a fair clip.

I was working at one of the corporate stores when they closed all of them.

the writing was on the wall when suddenly we stopped getting any new games for rent the summer before the closure, and all the managers would say is "they're working out a new distribution deal" as the reason.

>tfw you will never go to a blockbuster with dad on a friday night and pick your favourite movie again

There's one near me but I'm certain it's a money laundering operation. Never anyone in it

I have 2 Blockbusters in my city.

Move to Alaska. They can't do streaming video because the internet tubes up there get clogged, so blockbuster is still flourishing.

>blockbuster.com/franchise.html
>that list
welp it looks like the jews were successful in running Blockbuster the fuck up out of California there is not a location close to me for 100's of miles

fuck that

>One is an hour and a half away

Fucking road trip!

>tfw I'll never forget when he took me to get Space Jam on VHS after I fell into a rose bush and cut myself.

I love my dad, anons. Treasuring every time I see my family these days.

There's no more Blockbusters in my city, but a few video rental stores still operate. They mainly get by with selling cheap smokes and junk food though.